Recommended by 96%
Elizabeth · Married on 05/24/2014
For my wedding venue, I wanted something that had both an indoor and outdoor element; something downtown so the party could continue at a bar, seamlessly; that could handle 250; and wasn't charging an arm and a leg. Thus, I landed on The Belmont.Sent on 05/20/2015
Here's what I know now:
1. Rental fee is cheap. But it doesn't include tables/chairs, and should you need to rent the custom tent to tent the space, that's going to run you a pretty penny.
2. They are very, very flexible and were willing to work with me on most every detail.
3. The service was AWESOME. In fact, maybe too good. Our bar tab at the end of the night? Ouch. Even after working with them to have premium bottles of liquor removed from the physical bar (because I knew if someone saw it, they'd want to order it) we still ended up paying a pretty penny for the booze.
4. My wedding was at the end of May, and even though it was relatively "cool" for an Austin May, it was still hot down on the courtyard. Consider fans or some sort of cooling mechanism.
5. Be sure to take the position of the sun into account if you're having an event during daytime. We sat my grandmothers in what we thought would be the air-conditioned shade for our ceremony. Instead, my sweet grandmothers were blasted by the sun. I also would have switched sides so that my groom and his groomsmen were the ones staring into the sun, instead of my bridesmaids and myself. (Our ceremony faced the stage.)
6. 250 people + three food stations + two cake tables + photo booth DID fit in the downstairs (courtyard + inside) space...but it was TIGHT. And there was no way we'd all fit upstairs.
Overall, I LOVED The Belmont as my wedding venue and would have my wedding there all over again (not that I would ever voluntarily plan a wedding again! ha!) and definitely recommend it to friends looking for something a little 'different' for their weddings!
The Belmont Austin's reply:
Chantelle · Married on 09/04/2016
This venue was perfect for our 150 guests. We had a great ceremony in the lower area, a beautiful dinner upstairs, and a phenomenal reception. There was plenty of room to dance and multiple bars for our guests to utilize. Hamid was the most amazing venue manager and made sure everything went off without a hitch! He has great relationships with pretty much every vendor in the city that a couple could possibly need. Their caterer, Lynn, did a really great job on our hor d'oeuvres, dinner, and dessert table for our chocolate fountain! The Belmont also allows you to contract with whatever vendors you want to bring in, so you're not limited to an exclusive list like some venues. Our wedding was so perfect, I would recommend this venue and our vendors over and over again!Sent on 10/23/2016
Christina · Married on 07/11/2015
Best venue for a small, low key wedding. They staff was great. I couldn't have asked for more. Excellent!!!Sent on 07/17/2015
Caroline · Married on 11/03/2018
Excellent to work with
The Belmont (especially Hamid) was great to work with. The space itself is beautiful. The staff is excellent and very helpful. Very responsive and easy to get in touch with. Ham was so receptive/flexible to all of our needs and was always looking to help us stay under our budget. We were not thrilled with our wedding coordinator but Ham and his staff easily made up for that. They are fair, honest, and transparent about all of their pricing. Before the weddding, they went above and beyond to make sure everything was planned and set up correctly. They made sure everything went perfectly on the day of the wedding so that we did not have to worry about a thing. Could not recommend the Belmont any more. They really made our day perfect.Sent on 12/08/2018
The Belmont Austin's reply:
Carley · Married on 09/24/2016
Lynn, oh my goodness. She is a Saint. From the beginning, she answered all my questions (lots) calmly and happily, she was with us through every step of the process, and worked with us to get the best deal we could afford. I can't say enough good things about her. She brought The Belmont to life in the most perfect way for our wedding day.Sent on 12/08/2016
The Belmont is a great space for a 50-80 person wedding. And, bonus, you don't need much decor because it's already beautiful.
Be careful of that open bar. They pour stiff drinks, and forgot to switch it to cash bar halfway through the night. Whoops. In the end, though, it didn't matter. Everyone had a blast!