Bellamy Mansion Museum Reviews

10 | Wilmington, NC

10 Reviews for Bellamy Mansion Museum

Allison · Married on 05/16/2015

If you want a gorgeous, romantic, Southern picturesque wedding- this is your venue! I had the most perfect wedding at the Bellamy. The staff was very professional and flexible to our requests. The area is just gorgeous! And compared to other nearby and similar venues, this is the most for your money! (In fact, they should charge more). The mansion and gardens are so versatile- it can really be transformed into anything you dream of. I also had my bridal portraits done here- absolutely stunning! So many good shots, I actually picked not one but two. The Bellamy does not disappoint!

Getting married at the Bellamy Mansion was a dream come true! The staff was very responsive in assisting me with planning the wedding. The price for the venue was incredible. The Bellamy Mansion was forth coming about all rules of the mansion (for example: no red wine, set up begins Saturday day, no sparklers, etc.)

Anne · Married on 05/11/2013

We had a wonderful time, our guests had a wonderful time, and it was everything we could have ever dreamed of.

Lisa · Married on 04/22/2013

The Bellamy Mansion Museum was the best venue for my private ceremony. We had to spontaneously move it indoors due to cold wind, but it was picture perfect. The property is amazing for pictures. I always dreamed of having a castle in the background of my wedding pictures, but that would have of course cost me a fortune. The mansion is amazing for elegant and fun pictures. Everyone was very nice and helped us make our day stress-free.

Laura · Married on 09/19/2015

We chose the Bellamy for an old-fashion southern feeling at our ceremony. The mansion is stunning and the staff is wonderful to work with.

• marylewis

Mary · Married on 09/29/2007

3.5

The Bellamy Mansion provides a beautiful location for ceremony & reception sites. You can have an outside wedding on their beautiful grounds or move it inside the mansion. If you decide to have your ceremony/reception at The Bellamy there are a few things to note: 1) You can not have any loose flower petals, rice, confetti, etc. You can use bubbles or dowel rod w/ ribbons attached instead. You can use sparklers but only outside the mansion gates. 2) You must choose a caterer from their pre-approved list or you can have your caterer approved, but as far as I understand--it's easier to just choose off of their list. The staff is amazing and very accomodating. I would definitly recommend this location. It's fairytale envoking.

Amanda · Married on 10/04/2008

4.2
      3.0

What a beautiful location for a reception! I truly had my fairy tale wedding here! I would totally reccomend this site! Nevermind the traffic going by, you don't even hear anything! They did have a few rules to follow, but nothing that would make a difference in the end (No red wine, no candles lite in the house)! The staff was awesome to work with, and the Mansion itself was just amazing!!

2.4
      2.0
      3.0

While the Bellamy Mansion is gorgeous, they do not do enough in terms of upkeep to hold themselves out as a wedding venue. They could easily make this a much nicer event space by doing simple things like taking better care of the grounds. They are also not very flexible in terms of being able to create the event you want - while some of that is for good reason in terms of preserving the historical space, there are some places where they are rigid for no good reason.

1.2
      0.5
      1.0

We cannot recommend this venue. My daughter was married here this past spring and we had problems from almost the beginning. While we chose this site partly because of the professionalism of the wedding coordinator, when she left we were never even notified of the person taking over her job.While the house and setting is very nice the people running the Bellamy have little or no experience with wedding venues.Things were promised that were never done. The on-site person the day of the wedding was rude and most unhelpful.