The Bell Tower Chapel Reviews

51 | Boring, OR

51 Reviews for The Bell Tower Chapel

• User3732158 · event on 12/06/2013

I rented the Bell Tower Chapel for a Wedding Shower/Engagement Party and it was the perfect venue. The Chapel is a very unique old church that has so much charm. It is the perfect setting for a party, wedding or family gathering. The building and grounds are very well maintained. My party was in December and the outside of the building was all lit with lights, even trees on the property. The owner was very easy to work with and very professional. One of the things that made it very affordable was the ability to use my own catering services and bring my own prepared food. We also attended a wedding at the Chapel in August and it was absolutely beautiful. I wou;d highly recommend this venue for any occasion.

Sent on 12/13/2013

Don & Elisabeth · Married on 09/20/2013

We could not have been more pleased with The Bell Tower Chapel. Every aspect of our time was almost perfect.

Sent on 10/25/2013

JandT · Married on 09/13/2013

We are so happy we chose The Bell Tower Chapel! Plenty of space inside and out for our guests, great sound system built in, plenty of bathrooms, and a finished basement for the bridal parties to get ready on site...AND hearing the bells ring during our first kiss! What more could a girl ask for? The rates fit our budget and after researching several other venues we realized just how much bang for our buck we could get at the chapel. Great combination of modern convenience and historical charm. The owners are very easy to work with too.

Sent on 10/28/2013

Jamie · Married on 07/27/2013

Bell Tower Chapel is a beautiful venue to hold a wedding. Our ceremony was held outside on the wonderfully landscaped grounds and under a large beautiful tree. The indoor space can accommodate a variety of color schemes and did a wonderful job at providing was with a fabulous space to hold our vintage reception themed spectacular. The most wonderful day of my life could not have been anymore more perfect. Thank you Bell Tower Chapel and staff for helping make our day perfect with such a great space.

Sent on 10/21/2013
  • Brandi Garcia

brandi · Married on 05/26/2012

I went to tour the Bell Tower Chapel after it had snowed. The power was knocked out, the basement ended up flooded due to the weather (not typical for our area) and the gentleman that was showing me was extremely apologitic, but I could see the beauty in this building. It was simply amazing. I didn't get to see it actually with power till the day before the wedding, and it was even more than I could have imagined. The Bell Tower did not need a lot of extra decor, we only used mine and the bridesmaids bouquets as decor, and center pieces. Simply beautiful venue! The owners were also very amazing to work with, very easy, no problems even though they are out of state. I highly recommend the Bell Tower!

Sent on 10/21/2012

Dylan and Tannisha · Married on 03/17/2012

My husband and I had our wedding at the Bell Tower Chapel in Boring on 3/17/12. The chapel itself is stunning. I love the chandeliers and one of the best parts is that they have a working bell you can pull after the ceremony. It's a smaller space. If you're wanting to have both your reception and your ceremony in one location, I would only recommend this to a couple who will have a small number of guests, no more than 60-80. They provided round tables and folding chairs. That was a nice touch that also saved us some money. The owner was very accommodating and always returned our calls quickly. The fact that an hour of planning time was included in the price was great. I think for the quality of the location, the service, and everything that is included in the rental this place is a steal! I was so happy on my wedding day, I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful or perfect place to commit my life to the man I love.

Sent on 04/11/2012

Charonne · Married on 07/11/2010

We used The Bell Tower Chapel in Boring for our July wedding. We can't express enough how perfect the chapel was for us. We had approximately 100 guests and the space worked out wonderfully. The chapel has old turn of the century charm with updated modern conveniences. The grounds are beautiful for an outdoor reception in the warmer months. The proprietors were great to work with and went out of their way to make sure our day was perfect. We would use the Chapel again for not only a wedding but for any other event.
    We gladly give The Bell Tower Chapel a five star rating.

Marie · Married on 05/02/2010

We were extremely pleased with the Bell Tower Chapel. Our daughter's wedding was in May. It was perfect for just under 100 guests. We loved the style and feel of the quaint building. Even though it is old, all the surfaces are clean and new and everything is in good working order. It was convenient having the wedding and reception in the same place. Because the pews can be moved to the side there was plenty of space for the reception. We were happy to be able to bring our own caterer and florist which helped us keep costs down. We were fortunate enough to have good weather and enjoyed doing photos and greeting guests outside on the beautiful grounds. I appreciated the professionalism of the proprietors. Their rental agreement and expectations are clear and straight forward. They were pleasant to work with.
    Marie S.

Catharina · Married on 03/01/2010

Beautiful facility. It made our wedding wonderful and memorable. Catharina T.

Mrs. · Married on 09/19/2009

Everyone thought the venue was beautiful!

Hill · Married on 09/13/2009

The location was a big part of our excellent day!

David & Antina · Married on 07/18/2009

It was Perfect!!

Sent on 09/17/2010

The Bell Tower Chapel is a lovely venue and was perfect for our wedding. The atmosphere was calm and sweet. We were a bit warm on our 90+ degree day (in late September) but the air conditioning helped a lot. This venue is sweet and cute without much additional decor. We only added some tulle ribbons to the pews and the chapel was gorgeous. The details really pull it together; the light fixtures, windows, candles and sunshine made the place glow. I am excited to see the pictures.
    It is painless to move the pews out of the way and the only piece of equipment we rented was a microphone. The sound system is built in, we brought in an iPod, and there is a mike stand. We brought some extra coolers to make sure we had enough space for everything but things seemed to run smoothly throughout the evening.
    The owners and the care-takers where helpful and responsive when we needed them. Our families really banded together to make this day happen but the space and details of the venue made it easy for them to coordinate our beautiful event. There are clear directions on operating and caring for the space, including a clean up checklist so anyone can help. I am very happy we rented this space for our big day. I will not forget the amazing, lovely moments that happened in the Bell Tower Chapel.
    Thank you.

Sent on 10/13/2014
  • loyalbadger

Stephanie · Married on 05/08/2016

They were great! Always willing to help and make sure we were happy with our day. Emails were almost always promptly answered. It was a bit of a drive, but upon seeing this chapel, everyone agreed it was worth the drive! Only sad part is we forgot to ring the bell after getting married, but otherwise, incredibly happy with our choice!
    -Stephanie T.

Sent on 05/25/2016

Heather · Married on 10/07/2014

Thought meeting before we would meet with someone.

Sent on 10/11/2014

amanda · Married on 05/05/2013

Our wedding was great, it felt like if we had questions it was difficult to get them answered.

Sent on 10/16/2013

The Bell Tower Chapel's reply:

Thank you, We have new management and hope to improve on this. With intentions for change :)

Heather · Married on 01/15/2016

The Bell Tower Chapel is a beautiful, and charming place to have your wedding and reception. It was perfect for our special day. The management/staff were very helpful. We had an evening wedding and the chandeliers and candelerias made the ambience warm and romantic. Great place if you are wanting a reception area where your wedding is-we had a wonderful time and will always remember our special day. Thank you to The Bell Tower and Patrick, Matt and Gaye we appreciate you!!

Sent on 02/18/2016

3.0

The Bell Tower Chapel is a beautiful venue, and for the price and amount of time it is the perfect place.

Sent on 03/17/2014

Donnie & Krissie · Married on 09/14/2013

My wife and I agreed that this was the best we could have hoped for in a perfect size country chapel. The owner and employees were gracious and flexible with us and we had the perfect wedding!

Sent on 01/24/2014

Natasha · Married on 11/14/2015

Beautiful venue inside and out! Very affordable and very personal! My wedding consisted of 105 people- I wouldn't suggest having any more than that if it's all indoors. I would also suggest catering as there isn't really kitchen space. Overall great spot!

Sent on 12/08/2015

3.0

This place was beautiful. Although they do little setting up its nice to be able to plan things around what you personally like. The owner was very nice and flexible. Being a military family the planning was a bit crazy and he really work with us. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a low budget venue

Sent on 04/15/2014

3.6
      3.5
      3.0

We had a small wedding and reception at the chapel (about 75 guests). I love the feel and look of the old chapel and it made the day special.
    The grounds are also beautiful and the fact that there are 3 bathrooms and air conditioning inside, is a huge plus.
    This is very much a self serve venue. You will need to move the pews after the ceremony to finish setting up for your reception and you have to clean up, move pews back and turn off the lights and a/c when you leave. Not a big deal though.
    I would have liked our rental to have been 12 hours instead of 10 hours and not be so concerned with having everything back in place with the fear of not getting our deposit returned.
    I hid their topiaries (sp?) and their fake flowers while my ceremony was in progress, they are cheezy and I think they should be updated or removed. I also would like to mention the floors are not polished, like they are in the photos and it would be nice if they were.
    The chapel owner is out of state and doesn't seem to be the best at keeping track of dates and prompt at reutrning emails.
    I would ultimately recommend the Bell Tower Chapel though, if you are going to have a small/informal wedding like ours. It was a beautiful day and overall a good experience.

Sent on 09/20/2012

The Bell Tower Chapel's reply:

We have incorporated an online calendar system at belltowerchapel.com, and are continually working to be more efficient while trying to keep man hours low and costs down to maintain such an affordable wedding venue. With Intentions for Change!
  • Marilyn

Marilyn · Married on 01/20/2013

3.5
      2.0

I loved how cute this place was! It is the definition of adorable! It has original pews and bells from 1907! It is also affordable! We had our ceremony and reception there for $950 for 10 hours, with a planning session included. And they provided some topiary decorations (which we didn't use), tables, chairs and more!

Also you can bring in your own food and alcohol without a bartender or license (just need insurance). But, there are ALL these rules such as no birdseed, flowers, ect.. basically nothing on the hardwood floors.

However, the downside was the owner was sometimes kind of sketch. I would email her questions, and she would not really answer them and just tell me to read the contract (this was a week before the wedding). The owner lives in Montana, so it is kind of awkward to ask her questions and figure out things when she is going through a separate party of managers (who I was never in contact with). One of the issues I had was I had asked her questions just confirming set-up and tear down, ect.. we e-mailed back and forth three or four times and then I called her, and she just told me I should know all of this and that it was in the paperwork, and kind of made it my fault that I was even asking.. not very professional.

That said she is very flexible and allowed me to plan my planning day the day after Thanksgiving.

Also, another huge negative was that they put in all new, light wood hardwood floors between my planning and the wedding and didn't tell me, until it came up in conversation a week before. The new wood doesn't fit the old decor, and just looks off. I think it made the place not as nice, personally.

Sent on 01/21/2013

The Bell Tower Chapel's reply:

The Chapel is under new management with a lovely new site management couple that lives just a mile or two from the chapel. They love this chapel and take care of it so well! We will do our best to respectfully and courteously answer all your questions.

The old chapel floors were tainted and soiled from some grounds improvements and we invest every year into maintaining and improving the chapel. Sanding and refinishing the original fir and oak floors has improved the beauty and charm of the chapel.

Our recent improvements of painting the chapel exterior was coordinated with the upcoming wedding parties and we will continue this practice of communicating with wedding parties should future improvements be made. With Intentions for Change!
  • Irish-Bride

Jessica · Married on 05/22/2010

2.4
      1.5
      3.0

Nice venue with a few exceptions that were changed, after booking and without notice. NOT the venue for evening events. Flexible to start...

Sent on 06/09/2010

The Bell Tower Chapel's reply:

We do not change things after date is reserved, unless client wants a change. Perfect for evening events, with chandelier lighting and candles allowed. With over 400 events done, we have never had these comments.

Maureen · Married on 10/12/2013

2.4
      2.0

This old chapel gives an intimate feeling to a wedding. When we first visited, we immediately fell in love with the chandelier in the chapel. It is also very convenient for an intimate wedding because there is a reception area just beside the chapel. We also loved the wedding pictures taken outside in the open area. We had a fall wedding and the colors outside with the leaves falling is just perfect. The only set back here is the hassle of cleaning the place on your own after the wedding and trying to make sure everything is working before the ceremony. We literally did everything on our own, even the lifting and moving of chairs, tables, garbage cans. It would have been nice to have someone at the venue to help a little and assist us if we need something working. We could not even figure out the lights. There is an old chapel charm but if you want something nicer you might have to bring your own curtains and table runners for the reception area. Overall, we love the place. It has potentials if you are going to spend more time planning the event. I think you just need to hire someone who will worry about the heavy lifting and cleaning, and all that stuff after. I feel bad that my father in law even had to mop the floors there after the wedding--something I just can't accept.

Sent on 10/30/2013

The Bell Tower Chapel's reply:

Thank you for your feedback. We have never required a rental party to mop after the event. Yes garbage must be removed. We certainly thank you for taking such good care of The Bell Tower Chapel. I am saddened that the rating is so low for not having a coordinator or extra hand provided by the chapel as that is not part of our service. We rent the beautiful chapel with its chiming bell only. Thank you for celebrating marriage at the Bell Tower Chapel.