The Barns at Wesleyan Hills Reviews

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 5
The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 6
The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 7

Erica · Married on 06/11/2017

I'd give this venue 10 stars if I could! I got married on June 11th 2017 and I would not change a single detail about our special day. We had planned the wedding from Miami and even before seeing the Barns in person, I knew no other venue could compare. Planning from another state may not sound easy but the Barns helped in every way possible. I worked with Mary along the way who was the prompt, professional, helpful, and simply amazing! We exchanged tons of emails on all sorts of random questions I had and she was always available and willing to go the extra mile. Our day of coordinator was Jenna aka WonderWoman. She went above and beyond in so many ways! We had a large bridal party and she not only suggested but went ahead and created cute signs for chairs to help organize seating. She and the Barns team helped setup and the event looked better than I could have ever imagined. My close friend who is a magazine editor described it as 'chic, dreamy, and oh so magical'. I couldn't believe all the little details that were arranged throughout the venue to really bring together the rustic yet elegant look. Throughout the evening Jenna and Kathy checked in with us ever step of the way and ensured me and my groom were fed and always had a drink in hand. I thought that was special attention for us but numerous guests said they felt the same way. Everyone raved about the amazing food. The mac-n-cheese bar has been the biggest hit! The short ribs were amazing! This is not your typical wedding food. This is gourmet restaurant quality. We did a cupcake tower from NORA for dessert. Be prepared to choose from dozens of mouthwatering flavors. On top of the absolutely amazing and flawless day, the team sent us home with each of the meals and the desserts, packed up our stuff, and literally walked us out the door. I don't know what else you could ask for. I HIGHLY recommend the Barns for the most incredible day!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Erica and David!!

Thank you so much for your kind words! We had so much fun putting together your wedding! Your friends and family were such a pleasure to work with, Kathy and I cannot wait to see your photos!!!

Kate · Married on 06/10/2017

Our planning and day-of coordinating team was fabulous. Our 150 person wedding went smoothly, even despite the rain and last minute switch to a ceremony inside. Marybeth, Samantha, Jenna, Kathy and Kate---thank you!!!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Hi Kate and Mike!

Thank you so much for your kind words! Thanks to you both, and your creativity- your wedding was absolutely stunning! I had such a pleasure making your vision come to life! We cannot wait to see pictures!! Cheers to you both! - Jenna

David · Married on 06/10/2017

I will keep this short as there are a hundred reviews gushing about this place and the service they provide. Lindsay made me and my wife feel like Royalty the entire Day. The Barns gave us the happiest day of our lives. When people go the extra mile it shows. Everyone associated with this venue goes above and beyond. Thank you so much to everyone at the Barns. Find an available date and book it ASAP.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Kelsey and Dave,
    Thank you so much for celebrating your special day with us! I LOVED your Disney touches, Cinderellas Carriage Card Box and "Be Our Guest" guest book sign in! Best wishes as you continue your journey together to happily ever after! Sincerely, Lindsay

Alexandra · Married on 06/03/2017

I cannot properly express how grateful I am for the Barns at Wesleyan Hills. Our wedding on June 3rd could not have gone smoother or been more beautiful. Everyone at Connecticut Wedding Group is unbelievably professional and knowledgeable. Their wonderful staff of wedding planners meant we didn't have to hire a planner or day of coordinator. I honestly can't think of a single detail that wasn't perfect and all our guests are still raving about the wedding. Multiple friends have told us it was the best wedding they've ever been to! Additionally, guests are still talking about the flaming donuts! Lindsay, our day of coordinator, could not have been better. She kept us on time and organized. She also knew every detail of our wedding as well as I did. Without her, I would have been stressed! I cannot thank everyone at the Barns enough for giving us the perfect stress-free wedding day!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Alex & Brendan,
    Congratulations!! Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was such a gorgeous day and I adored your green and blush color scheme, especially with the beautiful wooden boxes for centerpieces! I wish you all the happiness in the world as you continue your life together!
    Best, Lindsay

Alison · Married on 05/19/2017

Booking at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills was a great decision! From the start, Michelle, Marybeth and Samantha were incredibly kind and responsive, all the way through to the end of our wedding day! They sent reminders and helpful tips to keep their brides on track which I found so useful as I was planning. I always felt that I could ask any question and they always responded quickly and made sure to help as much as possible. Even on the day of our wedding, our guests told us how nice and helpful the staff were. The food was amazing, from presentation to taste. The venue was absolutely gorgeous, and in order to stick to our budget, we kept all decor/food simple, and you could never tell. It still looked beautiful and we felt that we had a 5 star wedding! When booking a venue, you're not just booking the space, but you're really booking the people you will be working closely with- and I think that's what makes CT Wedding Group stand out amongst the rest. They are great people!n I would highly recommend the venue and CT Wedding Group to any bride looking for a venue.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Stephanie · Married on 05/12/2017

We had the most amazing wedding day on 05/12/17 at The Barns At Wesleyan Hills. The Connecticut Wedding Group absolutely blew us away with all of their incredible talent, visions, ideas, patience, compassion, etc. From the very beginning of this journey, Michelle was incredibly helpful with introducing us to the best venue in CT (bias or not). She brought our vision alive just in the first visit which excited us even more about choosing our beautiful location. Mary Beth and Samantha were also very helpful with answering our many emails of questions and always responded quickly. There was never a question or concern that no one could help with. Even when I thought things would be impossible, TCWG proved that there is literally nothing they can't do! For example, our seating chart which we received the day before the wedding was a complete disaster and unreadable. Amanda took the chart and said she'd take care of it. I was blown away the next day when we learned that she took her own personal time and energy to re-create it her own way but so it would look the same. My husband and I were in awe when we saw what she accomplished. We are so grateful for Amanda's help and selfless efforts. Finally, Jenna and Cate... our day could not have been possible without these two! Seeing everything come together the day of, took our breath away as well as all of our guests. The vision they pulled together was way bigger and better than anything I ever imagined. Their help and compassion helped ground me when my nerves were getting the best of me. And they both made sure my husband and I (as well as the bridal party and immediate family) were all set and had everything we needed.
    All of our guest still rave about the venue and all of the amazing details even to this day. The food, the dessert displays (hello donut wall!) and everything inside-out. TCWG is a group of angels and we couldn't have done this w/out them!!!

Sent on 06/11/2017

Stephanie and Paul!!

Thank you so much for your kind words! Cate, The Team, and I can't stop raving about your wedding! We absolutely loved making your Nautical Theme event come to life! We can't wait to see pictures!!!

Jenna

Meghan · Married on 04/29/2017

We had our dream wedding at the Barns! Everything was better than we could have ever imagined! Lindsay, Mary-Beth, Samantha and the entire CT Wedding Group team were a pleasure to work with. They're amazing at what they do and they helped us feel calm and organized each step of the way. We're so thankful to have worked with them. The Barns is simply the best and we can't recommend it highly enough. We wish we could do it all again!!!

Sent on 06/11/2017

I got engaged this August and a barn wedding with a classy feel was the type of venue I was dreaming of booking. Being from New Jersey, there are not many around me big enough or elegant enough. My mom actually found this place searching online one day. The second I saw this picture on their website I fell in love. I contacted them right away to talk about dates and prices. Traci was so helpful and responded right away. She constantly made sure to keep my dates in mind when others went to tour. I booked my tour last month and the place is even prettier in person. It was set up for a rustic wedding of $200 guests and it looked beautiful. They has lawn games outside for the guests and even with all the people attending the dance floor was huge! There are so many options to style this place the way you want it. The ground are absolutely stunning! There's gorgeous bridges and a breathtaking willow tree, which is where the ceremony will take place. Traci was a pleasure to meet. You feel like you've known her forever when you meet her and she's willing to work with you to give you what you need. If you're looking for a unique venue with a classy touch, this place is it! I can't wait to get married here!!! :)

Sent on 10/15/2015

Melissa · Married on 04/22/2017

My husband, Jake, and I got married at The Barns on 4/22/17 and it was absolutely THE BEST decision we could have made!! The Barns was the first and only venue we looked at because it had everything we were looking for - and more! There will never be enough words to explain just how thankful we are for the incredible CT Wedding Group Staff and all of their help in making our Wedding Day the absolute most perfect day of our lives! The staff made the whole planning process so easy, with the least amount of stress possible. Everyone was extremely responsive to all of our questions and emails and always openly provided advice when needed. Day-of, we had Lindsay & Melissa ensuring that everything went smoothly - and it did! Our family and friends have been talking about our wedding day non-stop ever since! The Barns is beautiful and picturesque, the food (including cocktail hour!) is absolutely DELICIOUS, and the staff is so kind, attentive and caring. The CWG goes above and beyond with everything that they do and we so eternally grateful for finding them.

Sent on 05/13/2017

Melissa & Jake,

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was such a pleasure to celebrate your big day with you both! I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness! Congratulations!
    -Lindsay

Tori · Married on 04/21/2017

My husband Brian and I fell in love with the Barns the minute we set eyes on the rolling hills and willow trees. We were hooked when we saw the beautiful vaulted ceilings, original dairy barn flooring and experienced the rustic elegance everyone raves about! From that moment on we knew we were going to celebrate the beginning of our marriage at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills.
    Our wedding coordinator was Mary-Beth, and I cannot say enough good things about her! She made the entire planning process so seamless. She was always very responsive to questions and gave wonderful suggestions when I had inquiries about what décor to decide on.
    The food was to die for. Our friends and family are still talking about how delicious everything was. The way the decor was put together was such a beautiful surprise to walk in to the day of the wedding. The team was on top of timelines during the entire event and made sure to check in with my husband and I throughout the night to ensure we were having a blast.
    If I could do the entire day over, the only thing I would change would be to eat more of that Ben and Jerry’s ice cream bar!!
    I would highly recommend this venue to any newly engaged couple!! Thank you again to Mary-Beth and the entire CT Wedding Group!! --- Brian & Victoria —April 2017

Sent on 08/28/2017

Hi Victoria & Brian!

Congratulations again!! I can't believe it's been almost 5 months since your wedding day. We hope married life is treating you both very well. It was our absolute pleasure to help you plan and celebrate such a beautiful wedding. Best of luck to the both of you in the future as husband and wife!

Sincerely,

Mary-Beth & The CT Wedding Group Team

Anna · Married on 04/15/2017

From every coordinator, to bartender, waiter, and receptionist, our experience at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills would not have been as memorable had we picked another venue. We became friends with them, we enjoyed celebrating our evening with them, and we never felt unsatisfied. We truly are going to miss working with The Barns and all of their staff. I would hands down recommend booking your wedding at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills because you aren't just booking a venue. You are choosing a company and the people who you will trust to plan one of the most memorable times of your life. We trusted and LOVED our decision.

Sent on 05/16/2017

Hi Anna,

Thank you for the kind words! It was absolutely OUR pleasure to celebrate your wedding day with you and Tyler! Your friends and family are simply the best, and we wish you many years of love and happiness!! ~Jess and Samantha :-)

Lindsey · Married on 04/08/2017

Choosing a venue can be a really stressful process, and you want it to be equal parts beautiful and also, hopefully, stress free. From the moment we met with the The Barnes at Wesleyan Hills team, it was love at first sight--for the venue and the people. Everyone is warm and friendly, they greet you with smiles, answer all your questions rapidly, and even go above and beyond with more details you thought you needed. The venue itself is like a dream--you can customize it yourself, with a lot of options at a variety of price points. Mary Beth and Jenna became what I would now call friends--they were always honest with their opinions on what would be best for us. Their emails and correspondence was thorough--and not overwhelming, which was so helpful. The day of the wedding, because of Jenna (and Mary Beth and Gillian), I felt calm and taken care of. They were so on top of everything, helped us to actually eat the AMAZING food (seriously, it's so delicious!) and were just fun to have around us. Nothing was overlooked, every detail done with professionalism I didn't know possible. They helped us in our search to find a DJ, florist, photographer--gave feedback on my decor ideas and were awesome guides for every aspect of the experience. My advice for anyone booking a venue, is to go here, see it for yourself and meet the team. You'll get far more than just a space. You will feel taken care of and really enjoy the experience--from the first tour, the food tasting and all that leads up to the big day. Now that we are married, I miss talking to them! April 8th will forever be the best day of our lives and we owe these amazing memories to the team at CT Wedding Group!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Lindsey and Brian!

Saying that it was an absolute pleasure to share in your special day would be an understatement! Thank you so much for choosing us and including us in such a magical moment in your lives! To decorate your event with all your special touches, and hand folded cranes (Thanks Brian) was such a blast and really put your stamp on our rustic space! We can't wait to catch up soon with you newlyweds! - Jenna

Jessika · Married on 11/12/2016

Before even arriving, I knew that Lindsay had everything under control at the Barns. She put me right at ease during our final detail meeting. My husband and I were SO accomodated every step of the way, as were our guests. I could have never imagined that my wedding day would be as EASY as it was. All I had to do was show up, everything else magically happened. IT WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE and I could not have ever imagined it being better than it already was.

Connecticut Wedding Group was SO easy to work with. I can guarantee the service they provide is FAR superior to any other venue. I've been to and been a part of many weddings, and I've never experienced one like this. I actually had guests tell me they wished they knew about the venue when they were looking to get married. CWG was incredible, easy, accomodating, and very organized.

Sent on 11/24/2016

Nicole · Married on 11/11/2016

It was truly wonderful! The planning and communication along the way was convenient and easy. The day of the wedding was stress free and enjoyable!

A fabulous experience! Mary Beth and the CT Wedding Group team were quick to reply to any emails and phone calls. Jack was beyond helpful with coordinating on the day of. I truly enjoyed my wedding day and owe it to a wonderful team of people at the CT Wedding Group!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Rachel · Married on 11/06/2016

My husband and I can't say enough about how wonderful our wedding was at the Barn. From our first meeting, I knew we were in good hands. We live in New York City and the staff was always able to accommodate our schedule and give us late appointments. Mary Beth was excellent with answering my questions and working with me to execute my vision. She helped tie everything together seamlessly. Our day of coordinator Jenna helped to make sure everything ran smoothly. She kept everyone on schedule and was an excellent point person for the vendors. I never had to worry about anything and was able to enjoy the day without dealing with logistics. My guests could not stop raving about the food, the presentation, and most importantly the service. Each person got their meal at the table at the same time- it was better then any 5 star restaurant. The food was plated beautifully and the menu we chose complimented the season (Fall) with local ingredients. The Barns at Wesleyan Hills is the perfect rustic venue for anyone's dream day.

Sent on 03/24/2017

Hi Rachel and Allan!

Thank you so much for your kind words- it was such a pleasure helping you both celebrate your beautiful day. You wedding was fantastic and I hope you are enjoying married life! - Jenna

Kerri · Married on 10/28/2016

My husband and I had our wedding at The Barns on October 28th, 2016. Leading up to the day, everyone that we worked with- from Traci at the very beginning, to Ashley for making all our appointments and events seamless, Jessica being so accommodating at our details appointment, Samantha and Mary Beth who answered all my 10pm "just thinking about this, wondering about that, this is on my mind" questions (and Samantha gave my parents and I a tour so they can see the venue before the big day), to our day of coordinator- Jenna, the biggest super star of all who made our day feel so special and made everything go smoothly and on time, and made me- the biggest worrier ever- actually not worry about things on the best day of our lives. Our immediate family and bridal party that interacted with Jenna the most of all our guests, absolutely loved her as well. She was so down to earth and kept calm, which made me feel calm. She worked behind the scenes with the Barns staff and our vendors to keep things moving seamlessly. Our ceremony started a little later than planned, and our pictures took a little longer than expected, but she made up the time. I was told by several of our guests that they were actually happy to have a little bit longer of cocktail hour (while we were finishing up with our photos). I don't blame them, because the food was amazing!!!!
    One of the most important points I want to drive home is that we didn't feel like we were just one of hundreds of couples. We felt like we had a really special, unique experience, and were taken care of the entire time.
    I have no regrets about anything- only that I wish I wrote this review sooner! I'm sure I probably missed a great many of people who made our day as amazing as it was, so to everyone at CT Wedding Group and the Barns- we are so thankful and so happy we made the decision to have our big day with you!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Kerri and Justin!
    Thank you so much for your kind words! You two were an absolute pleasure to work with! Your attention to the little details for you wedding made it extra special :) Enjoy your first Holidays as husband and wife!! - Jenna

Heather · Married on 10/16/2016

I couldn't be more thankful for everything that The Barns has done to make my wedding day flawless. The staff made the entire process stress free and were beyond helpful every step of the way. There isn't a single negative thing I can about my experience with CT Wedding Group.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Heather and Wil!!
    You guys were an absolute blast to work with!! Your Fall wedding was beautiful- thank you so much for your kind words!! - Jenna

Mallory · Married on 10/08/2016

Absolutely go for it. When looking for a barn for your wedding this is absolutely the best place to go. They are so helpful throughout the entire planning process and they do everything they can to make sure your wedding day is fabulous. Thanks to the Barns at Wesleyan Hills, I had my dream wedding!!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Lori · Married on 09/18/2016

My husband and I were married at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills on 9/18/16 and we are so happy we chose The Barns and CT wedding group for our wedding! We looked at many venues but when we first saw The Barns, we knew it was the perfect venue for us! We loved the gorgeous grounds with the willow tree as the backdrop for vows, as well the rustic elegance of the barn. The staff was amazing from day one, as everyone was warm, friendly, quick to help, and always professional- it was like having a built-in team of wedding planners! Mary-Beth was unbelievable and almost always responded the same day, and Jessica went above and beyond as our day-of coordinator. I had asked them to put out family photos during dinner to replace the escort cards, and because Jessica knew how important this was to me, she found a spot to beautifully display them during the entire reception, which was much appreciated! She made sure everything was taken care of down to the smallest detail, kept everything running smoothly, and somehow did all of this while remaining unseen. Our guests are still talking about how gorgeous the venue was and how much they enjoyed the food and dessert! Lastly, the wonderful staff at The Barns made our day truly stress-free so we could completely enjoy our wedding day, and for that we will be forever grateful! Thank you again to Mary-Beth, Jessica, and the rest of the staff from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Amanda · Married on 09/17/2016

Our wedding at the barns on 9/3/16 was absolutely perfect. We never had a worry about the timing or schedule, Lindsay and the team there were on top of everything! From the beginning of planning with Mary-Beth, there was ample and speedy communication. Any and all questions were answered very quickly. CT wedding group and the barns know how to organize and run a wedding and they do it expertly. The work with a wonderful group of preferred vendors, varying decor packages, and the FOOD! The food was so good, I just wish I had had more of an appetite so I could have eaten more (those wedding day nerves) All our guests raved about the food, loved the space, and I heard over and over about how "perfect" and "personal" our wedding was. Thank you CT Wedding Group! -Amanda & Francis

Sent on 09/18/2016
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 09/11/2016

Laura and I had the most amazing wedding at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills. Working with the whole team was always a pleasure, but Michelle and Jenna were especially wonderful in helping us to plan our big day. They supported us through every decision and helped us feel comfortable booking this venue without ever setting foot on the property. We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding and they really took the worry out of the planning. The food, decor, and donut favors were all amazing. We couldn’t be happier with their recommendations for vendors and hotels. Thanks so much for making our day so special!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Victoria and Laura!
    You two are amazing! It was such a pleasure to be your coordinator- your special touches to your beautiful day were absolutely perfect- thank you so much for your kind words!

Brooke · Married on 09/04/2016

They say your wedding day is supposed to be one of the best days of your life, and our wedding at The Barns was without a doubt the best day ever! We could not have asked for a more perfect day or a better experience. The ceremony site and the barn where both more stunning then we imagined they would be. All the little details and wonderful ambience created by the staff and how smoothly things where executed by our coordinator Jenna, we didn't have to worry about a single detail all night. Our wedding was a week ago and my husband and I haven't been able to stop talking about it, we have received countless rave reviews from our guests as well. Thank you to everyone who made our day so special!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Brooke and Chris!
    Thank you so much for your kind words! I had such a blast coordinating your wedding! You guys are amazing- Keep making eachother laugh!! Xoxo - Jenna

Sarah · Married on 09/02/2016

Absolutly perfect! We were married 9/2/16 and we are still in awe of this place. The staff was so amazing! We had no worries, they took care of everything. The back drop of the ceremony was right out of a fairy tale. It was such a dream walking into the main room all done up with my decor the way I invisioned it. I only wished it could have lasted longer.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Allison · Married on 08/14/2016

My husband and I were planning our wedding under unusual circumstances; He was employed in Georgia, while I was finishing graduate school in New York. Although we never anticipated having a long distance engagement, or a destination wedding, once we saw The Barns, we knew it was the place for us. Mary-Beth went above and beyond for us. She was there every time we had questions (and you will have questions), great suggestions, and was always accommodating and professional. We have been married for just over a week and people continue to rave about the food, the service, and the overall ambience of the night. We could not have dreamt a more beautiful day and the team at The Barns made it happen.

Sent on 08/24/2016

Allison & Nate -

Thank you so much for your wonderful words! It was my absolute pleasure to help you plan and celebrate an amazing wedding. Despite the heat outside, everything inside The Barns was absolutely beautiful. We cannot wait to see your gorgeous pictures!

Sincerely,

Mary-Beth

Caitlyn · Married on 08/06/2016

Absolutely beautiful venue. From our first meeting, the Barns staff helped streamline the wedding process. We were provided a list of possible vendors for any wedding needs and they all provided excellent service. It was great knowing that our vendors were familiar with the Barns and friends with the staff. Lindsey was our coordinator the day of the wedding and kept everything running smoothly (including timing our ceremony to end just as thunder began)!!!! The Barns are so beautiful that you will not need lots of other decorations. The garden lights and old wooden floors are the perfect backdrop.

Sent on 08/19/2016