The Barn at Winthrop Reviews

1 User photo

• Kelvin

Kelvin B. · Married on 08/23/2019

Loooved our Venue!!

We found The Barn at Wintrop on wedding wire. From the first time we saw the venue, we knew it was the one. All the staff was amazing and happy to work with us so that we had the day of our dreams. They were AMAZING to work with. They were also happy for us to come by at any time that we could visualize our day. Truly a perfect experience.

Sent on 11/24/2019

Sharon · Married on 05/05/2018

When my husband and I were looking at venues for our wedding, we wanted some place that wouldn’t break the bank but was also gorgeous. The Barn at Winthrop was everything we wanted it to be. We worked with Denise from day 1 and I would highly recommend her to anyone wanting to have an event here. She was great with communication and willing to work with me with customizations for the wedding and everything in between. Not only leading up to the wedding was she amazing, but the day of she made sure we were taken care of and didn’t go hungry! I’m so thankful we chose The Barn because I truly believe we got the best deal for how beautiful everything turned out. They did a fantastic job coordinating and decorating and took away so much stress. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/29/2018

Jamie · Married on 03/12/2017

We absolutely loved our wedding! Carol did amazing flower arrangements and the decorations were gorgeous! My wedding vision came true 100%. The catering and environment provided was delicious and beautiful. The staff was sincere and helpful. Thank you for making our day so special!

Sent on 03/23/2017

Danielle · Married on 09/06/2015

Jamie the Director at the Barn was very helpful and accomadating.

Sent on 09/09/2015

Melissa · Married on 03/14/2015

Jamie is the manager at The Barn at Winthrop and she is just great. She always answers my calls and is happy to answer all my questions. She has been very flexible and allowed me access to the venue as I have needed for measurements. They have recommended other great vendors that are in my budget. The venue itself is really beautiful, both the outdoor space with the cafe lights and the indoor space with the beautiful up & down lit columns. Its a really flexible space that you can dress up to your liking or keep it simple and still be very elegant.

Sent on 09/25/2014

Jeff A. · Married on 03/15/2014

All though I rated 5, the caterer and the event planner went above and beyond for the price I was charged. The food was excellent and my guests bragged about it and also the event planner did a beautiful job and my guests enjoyed the flowers and the beautiful tables and decorations. I would definitely use them again for another party event.

Sent on 04/11/2014

Billie J. · Married on 11/21/2015

When I first booked this place, I was a bit concerned about the street noise and the area to the right of the venue.... But then I fell in love with the lights, both inside and out, and the noise didn't seem to matter. With the ceremony music and light traffic on a Saturday afternoon, the noise was hardly an issue. The venue turned out to be everything I wanted and more! It gave us the outdoor feel without actually being outdoor (except for the ceremony). Getting in contact with Jamie was difficult at times, but I slowly learned that text messages get faster responses. Jamie was flexible to allow me to use my own vendors and helped with coordinating their efforts. The venue is well worth the money and the pictures speak for themselves.

Sent on 12/21/2015

Brandy · Married on 07/09/2016

3.5

With Carol Valderrama in charge of our wedding instead of Jamie Reid (who was having a baby at the time, so we can't complain too much), it ended up amazing! Carol was so responsive via text and accommodated everything we were asking for. She has upgraded the barn to look more appealing and it didn't go unnoticed. Though the outside isn't absolutely appealing during the day, it was picture perfect at night. The hanging lights were great for pictures! The inside of the barn for my wedding felt like a dream. Carol envisioned my perfect wedding even though I couldn't. The prices were a bit steep, but well worth the money. Definitely check this venue out for your next event, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Debra · Married on 03/26/2016

4.2
      3.5

Go take a look at it. Make sure you have a good photographer. Use the cute little town that it is next to. It's a good location, easy to work with. Food can be expensive, but we just used an outside caterer.

Sent on 12/07/2016

3.5

Our wedding was planned pretty quick and finding a venue was one of the hardest parts. It was Easter weekend so none of the churches were available, plus it was like 2 months away so we didn't have much option because most places were already booked. Jamie was really great with working with us on flexibility with dates and time, I think that was because it was so late, but regardless it was very nice. The venue was clean and pretty. They have a little balcony inside of the building where you can look at all the people down below which I loved.
    A few things I didn't like:
    1. There was a statue of a naked lady at the end of the isle right behind where me and my husband were going to stand. My friends graciously dug up ferns and palms from their yard and covered it up with the plants...Turned out looking pretty great.
    2. When I was there, Jamie had her little boy there, which was no problem until he decided it would be a good idea to come into the bridal room while we were getting ready. But a quick get out and turning him around was all that took to resolve.
    3. Food pricing, we found it outrageous, then just to bring food in cost $100 or 10% of what you are paying which ever is more. Also the food has to be from a professional caterer so if you are planning on saving money there, don't. Maybe that is normal, but idk.
    4. Outside gets muddy and holds water when it rains.
    Things I loved:
    1. The walkway is supper long and skinny so a lot more intimate than a whole wide church.
    2. Reception and ceremony were in the same place.
    3. Bathrooms were nice.
    4. It's a really big room so it works great for dancing.
    5. It's right next to Winthrop town center which is PERFECT for pictures!

Sent on 05/19/2016

Ramon · Married on 05/11/2016

3.2
      3.5

Great place for any looking for space and affordability!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Amanda · Married on 11/10/2018

0.4
      0.5

Stood me and my fiancé up to meet to look at the
    venue..

Sent on 02/17/2017

The Barn at Winthrop's reply:

Amanda,
    We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience that we may have caused you. This certainly is not our practice. According to our email we offered an appointment but did not have your confirmation. As we strive to offer excellent customer service, I would like to get more information so that we can correct this from happening again. I would greatly appreciate your call to further discuss. You can reach me directly at 813-919-9001. Thank you!

Alicia · Married on 11/22/2014

0.4
      2.0
      0.0

Horrible experience with new management Jaime Read. Regret doing business with her. She never answered my calls, never responded to messages. I was stuck not being able to cancel my contract. she charged me 10% for any "outside vendors" , I had to pay for security who never showed up. Jaime stated she had security parked in the back of facility "undercover" when i asked for my refund. I could have seen it coming from the start..but too late to back out. I can't get my money back but i can share my experience. Alicia G.

Sent on 12/11/2014