The Barn at Tyge William Cellars Reviews

The Barn at Tyge William Cellars 5
  • Sara

Sara Zhang · Married on 10/05/2018

Perfect indoor/outdoor wedding venue

My husband and I choose this venue because we were looking for a place that allowed for outdoor dining. The lawn area is very well kept and is lined with beautiful grape vines. We got married in early October and the leaves were mostly green, about to turn to fall colors. Also, In case of inclement weather you can also dine indoors which is a great option so you don't have to rent a tent!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Blair · Married on 06/30/2018

We got married at the Barn at Tyge William Cellars on June 30, 2018. It was a typical summer day at the barn, hot and windy, however, we were well informed that this is the reality of the space and none of the weather detracted from the enjoyment of our wedding and the natural beauty of the Barn. From the gorgeous gardens of roses and lavender to the romantic willow and abutting vineyards, we found the Barn to be the perfect place for our wine country wedding. The inside of the barn is not like a re-purposed barn, it has a charming bridal suite, modern restrooms, and most importantly air conditioning! The venue also provided lights over the lawn that our guests lounged beneath as the sun set. If you are looking for a chic wine country venue, look no further. It was a truly magical setting for a truly magical day!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Alyssa · Married on 05/12/2018

My husband and I were very lucky to have our wedding at Tyge William Cellars in Sonoma, CA on May 12, 2018. It is an absolutely beautiful venue. All of our family, friends, guests, and vendors loved it. The pictures turned out amazing. Everything went smoothly and we loved our wedding day. We would highly recommend! It was a great experience.

Sent on 07/14/2018
    The Barn at Tyge William Cellars 6
    The Barn at Tyge William Cellars 7
    The Barn at Tyge William Cellars 8
    The Barn at Tyge William Cellars 9
    The Barn at Tyge William Cellars 10

kristina · Married on 05/05/2018

Perfect Wine Country Setting & Great Staff

The Barn at Tyge Williams, how can I count the ways I love you?

First, the space is extremely versatile and I loved seeing all the different configurations and how they matched everyone's styles. We chose to have our ceremony out by the pond, dinner out on the lawn under the bistro lights, and dancing inside the barn. At first I was a little concerned that the barn would feel empty but my coordinator thought of the brilliant idea of building a 360 bar in the middle just using some tables, and high back chairs so that people could hang out. Since we were getting married in May, there was a possibility of rain and I had a lot of peace of mind knowing that we could have dinner inside and it would still be beautiful. While this place could easily be dressed up for a black tie affair, we liked that we could have a more laid back but classy vibe here.

Second, the catering through Ramekins is top notch. Food is really important to us, which is one of the reasons why we picked Sonoma. The menu really embodied the farm-to-table feel that this region is known for. I also really wanted to do family style, and know that not a lot of places execute this well. However, it worked out flawlessly (so nice not having to figure out how many chicken v. beef meals) and we had numerous guests say that this was the best wedding food they've ever had. In fact we had our welcome dinner the day before at Thomas Keller's addendum restaurant, and many proclaimed that Ramekin's truffled orecchiette was even better than Keller's mac and cheese, which is no easy feat.

Third, the setting is beautiful. The rows of vineyards made for that quintessential wine country feeling that was surprisingly lacking at so many other venues. I loved that all of our guests who traveled to the area got their photo ops by the vineyards.

Fourth, the staff from start to finish were all fantastic and so easy to work with. We worked with event manager Susan, who was so friendly, organized, and responsive. She answered all of our questions promptly and her calm demeanor is always an added bonus during what can be a stressful planning process. Ruby at catering was wondering, and all the staff who worked the evening of were the nicest people. They came up to us and complimented us about how nice our family and friends were, which is funny because our family and friends said the same about them.

I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Ameila · Married on 11/04/2017

With two weeks to go we were displaced from our wedding venue due to the Sonoma Fires, and Susan from Tyge William was so unbelievably accommodating. We called her out of the blue, desperate for a home and she had a walk through and contract ready for us in 24 hours. The team on site was great and worked with all the vendors we had already selected, to pull off an incredible event. The space was beautiful, wine delicious and team fantastic. It turned out our plan B was even better then the original.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Kevin · Married on 05/21/2016

My wife and I were one of the first couples to be married at The Barn which is a brand new venue in Sonoma. I think there were only two couples ahead of us.

The Barn is owned and operated by Ramekins which is a culinary school near Sonoma square. The owner of Ramekins is also a co-owner of Cornerstone which is a really famous wedding venue.

When we first heard about The Barn it wasn't even built yet - the whole space was a mound of dirt. We saw some mockups but my then fiancee didn't feel comfortable signing so we kept looking. At some point Susan from Ramekins let us know that most of the structure was built out so we drove up to Sonoma (from SF) to check it out. The space was unfinished but we could tell it was going to be really nice.

Luckily Ramekins extended their introductory offer to us so we managed to get a discount for taking a chance on The Barn and it was WELL WORTH IT.

There's really no other space like this in Sonoma. You've got a brand new building with old school charm that can easily fit 200 guests, a patio space for cocktail hour, and a gorgeous lawn overlooking a pond for ceremonies. It's an all-in-one venue which means you can do everything here.

Parking space is ample as well so you don't need to worry about hiring a valet.

Please keep in mind, if you choose The Barn, you must go with Ramekins as your caterer but luckily Ramekins is one of the best caterers in Sonoma so you don't need to worry about food quality.

The Ramekins staff is very professional and very responsive. They sent us all of our contracts over email and best of all they accept credit cards for all payments! Amazing.

The venue itself is super gorgeous. The photos will never do this place justice. My wife and I really liked how you could see and walk through the vineyards which created a beautiful backdrop for our wedding + photos. The views from the barn are expansive and extend all the way to the horizon. Highly recommended.

Sent on 06/02/2016