The Barn At Madison Reviews

The Barn At Madison 5
The Barn At Madison 6
The Barn At Madison 7

Tiffany · Married on 08/01/2015

I recently had my wedding at The Barn at Madison. We booked it for the weekend and had the rehearsal dinner, the wedding, and a brunch the following morning there. We couldn't be happier with our choice. It provided for the unique venue that we were looking for. It was so nice that we were able to hold all of the events at the same place from the rehearsal dinner to the brunch the morning after the weeding. Brandon and Annie were always very easy to reach with any questions and/or concerns and helped to make the planning easy and the actual weekend go well. We are very thankful to have found such a beautiful and unique venue. I would highly recommend The Barn at Madison to anybody planning a wedding.

Sent on 08/14/2015

Brooke · Married on 07/25/2015

Anne and Brandon were fantastic to work with! They made our special day stress-free as possible. The Barn at Madison offers a phenomenal location for wedding photos, since the venue provides a whimsical atmosphere. Thank you Anne and Brandon for a memorable weekend!

Respectfully,
    Dr. Alan and Mrs. Brooke Casciola

Sent on 08/14/2015

Noelle · Married on 06/27/2015

The barn at Madison is one of the most unique places I've ever seen for a wedding and would recommend it to anyone. Also I love the fact you can spend the night there. The upstairs apartment is georgeous!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Kayla · Married on 05/02/2015

My husband and I searched for weeks for the perfect venue, not entirely sure of what we exactly wanted. Our goal was a unique location that allowed us freedom to be creative with the entire planning process. The Barn at Madison fell into our search and we immediately stopped looking for a venue and scheduled a visit. Upon arriving at The Barn we both thought it was too good to be true and we would walk in and something would be out of the sort or not to our liking. We literally fell in love with this place, it was everything we had spoke about wanting and it was the perfect mix of both of us, with the elegance of the chandeliers and wrought iron details to the rustic appeal of the downstairs bar and perfectly repurposed farm stalls. We loved the idea of being able to bring in all our own vendors and truly making the day ours, and we did so to our fullest! Annie & Brandon were not only supportive of every idea we came up with, but they were just as excited as we were going through the details! They are an incredible team to work with and help with everything from starting the planning process to the very tiny details on the day of the wedding.

Our wedding day could not have been any more perfect! Of course there were a few hiccups but they were unnoticed by our guests and honestly meant nothing in the grand scheme of it all! Annie was so wonderful with the bridal party and giving clear directions and advice to help ease everyone's nerves. Brandon was right on point with everything going on behind the scenes and making sure we knew everything that was going on. Their staff was just as wonderful as well, we truly couldn't of asked for a better group of people to work with! Our guests had an absolute blast and so did we! We only hope that one day we can come back to The Barn for someone else's wedding to enjoy it all over again! Thank you for everything Annie & Brandon! :)

Sent on 05/11/2015

Michael · Married on 12/06/2014

An absolutely gorgeous venue. The pictures simply do not do it justice - it needs to be seen in person. Perfect for an event during any season, and an ideal setting for (in our case) a winter wedding. Brandon and Annie were professional, attentive, and flexible at every point throughout the process, not to mention extremely kind and very personable. The Barn at Madison should be at the top of the list for anyone looking for a wedding venue (or a venue for any event) in the Pittsburgh area! PS - if you are a city resident and are hesitant on the distance, please don't be. My wife and I live in the city and would gladly make that 40-45 minute drive again a hundred times over. Our experience was more than worth it!

Sent on 02/04/2015

Mandy · Married on 10/18/2014

Selecting the Barn at Madison for my wedding venue was the best decision that I made. The Barn is elegant and a one of a kind venue. I selected the full weekend package. I was able to enter the venue early Friday morning to set up for the wedding the next day. The tables were set up prior to my arrival and the caterers had the linens set up. We decorated and had everything in place so I didn't need to worry about anything the day of my wedding. I was able to have my rehearsal and rehearsal dinner in one location. My bridal party was able to spend the night in the upstairs apartment. Annie and Brandon (owners) had snacks set up for us upstairs. They checked in on us multiple times and met every request that I had in a very timely manner. The day went smoothly (even though it did rain). The guests kept commenting and saying that it was the most unique wedding that they have ever been to. The venue provides unique photo opportunities (a photographers dream) and is beautiful on its own. My husband and I spent our wedding night in the upstairs apartment. We were able to have our friends and family over the next day for brunch. The place was spotless in the morning. The staff at the Barn cleaned everything. I would chose this location again and again. I encourage everyone to go and take a look. You better bring your checkbook because you will want to book it immediately. The Barn also allows you to choose your own caterer and bring in your own alcohol. This really helps to save money. They provide you with tons of information concerning bar tenders, caterers, DJ's etc. They also have a newsletter that literally walks you step by step through the wedding process. Brandon and Annie worked very hard at making my special day spectacular. I could not have done it without them (and their amazing staff). If I could give them a 6 out of 5 stars I would. Thank you

Sent on 10/22/2014

Jared · Married on 10/18/2014

As my wife and I searched for a wedding venue that would house the number of guests that we were inviting and also had a uniqueness that was desired instead of the typical open floor plan of most banquet halls, we stumbled upon The Barn at Madison. After finding out that most venues seemed overpriced or could not handle the capacity or were booked over a year or more in advance already, our excitement was diminishing. My wife found the Barn and immediately was intrigued. We went to view the place and met Annie, who was very welcoming and cheerful. As she showed us around the building, my wife fell in love with the curious nature of the look and style and could not leave without booking our wedding. The enjoyment did not stop there.
    Each time that we arrived at the Barn, we were greeted by Annie's husband, Brandon, or other wonderful workers of the venue. On the wedding weekend, the two of them worked harmoniously to bring together an event that was severely low stress and a dream for any couple on their wedding day. Anything that was needed was obtained and any request was met to bring together a perfect weekend for a most perfect union in the presence of God and his beautiful natural creation. We certainly were blessed by the discovery of a gem hidden to most based on its location, but certainly not by its reputation. Highly recommended if you want the most beautifully unique and low stress wedding!

Sent on 12/31/2014

Molly · Married on 10/11/2014

My Husband and I booked the Barn at Madison for our October 11, 2014 wedding venue. The moment I walked into the barn last year I knew that it was the perfect place for the type of wedding I wanted. The venue is absolutely breathtaking and so unique. One of the best things about the venue is that you are able to book the barn for the entire weekend which made everything so convenient. We had our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner at the Barn and then our ceremony and reception there as well. We didn't have to worry about how we/our guests would get from the ceremony to the reception- or have to worry about renting a place for a rehearsal dinner. The upstairs "loft" area used to get ready is gorgeous and all of my bridesmaids enjoyed getting ready at the barn! My Husband and I were able to stay in the bridal suite upstairs the night of the wedding- as well as most of our wedding party in the other rooms.

The venue is unlike any others that I had ever seen before. The ballroom is gorgeous with the marble floors and the high ceilings. It was perfect for dinner. The taproom downstairs was more rustic which made guests feel as if they were at a totally different venue. I don't think there was one guest at our wedding that did not mention how beautiful the barn was! Everyone loved it!

As for Annie and Brandon, the owners, they went way beyond our expectations to ensure our day was perfect. Their staff was also very helpful during the wedding, making sure the day's events (cake cutting, first dances, etc) went as smooth as possible. We had a little crisis before dinner with our seating arrangements, and Brandon was able to keep his cool and make sure it all worked out! Annie is very efficient in making sure weeks before your event, that the minor details are all figured out. They were incredibly helpful the entire time!

I would, without a doubt recommend the Barn at Madison for your wedding weekend. The Barn is a hidden treasure and you will not regret it!

Sent on 10/16/2014

Stephanie · Married on 08/09/2014

The Barn at Madison was the perfect location for our wedding weekend. It is a unique, beautiful venue full of rustic charm! Brandon and Annie, the owners, went above and beyond that weekend to make sure our wedding party, family, and guests were taken care of. They were also very helpful during our planning and offered some great advice! It was a pleasure working with both of them. Having the Barn for the entire weekend made the set up and getting ready a breeze... it was so convenient to have the rehearsal dinner as the same place as the rehearsal itself. The huge parlor upstairs was the perfect space for the girls to get ready for the big day in.... it was such a fun, memorable morning! There's nothing but good things we can say about The Barn or its owners! The weekend was everything we had dreamed of and more.... truly the perfect day thanks to their expertise!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Laurie · Married on 06/28/2014

The Barn at Madison was the perfect venue for my daughter's wedding. It was wonderful to be able to book the location for the entire weekend. This avoided the "assembly line" wedding feeling and allowed us the time to decorate before, and cleanup after, at a relaxed pace so that we truly could enjoy the entire celebration from beginning to end! The rehearsal dinner was held on-site and allowed family and friends to share with each other without the fear of time constraints. The lovely guest quarters and wedding suite were thoroughly enjoyed by my daughter and her bridesmaids the night before the wedding, and a welcome respite to the newlyweds on their wedding night.
    The ceremony was held out of doors on the spacious lawn with a pergola as the backdrop. The main floor, with its marble floor, stained glass and chandeliers provided an exquisite, yet intimate location for celebrating with the newlyweds. The downstairs is reminiscent of a tavern where dancing and celebrating with family and friends seemed natural and relaxed. The facility is a photographer's dream with all of its structural details in addition to stained glass and antiques scattered throughout the building and property.
    The proprietors, Brandon and Annie truly go out of their way to make the entire experience a wonderful one. They were extremely helpful in guiding us through the planning process and provided numerous suggestions along the way. On the day of the wedding, they were right there to take care of last minute details including keeping us on track with the time schedule and straightening my daughter's train on her gown as she prepared to walk down the aisle.
    The Barn at Madison is the perfect location to host a wedding from beginning to end. Brandon and Annie have created the ideal atmosphere which allows you to feel at home in a luxurious location for what will most definitely be a celebration to be remembered!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Mary · Married on 06/07/2014

The Barn at Madison is a beautiful setting for a wedding and a reception. Brandon and Annie are not only professional but personable and easy to talk to and work with. Their presence on the day of the event was so very appreciated and on the night of the wedding rehearsal Brandon was willing to step in for the officiant since he was unable to attend. I cannot think of one thing that we asked of them that they were not willing to make happen, within reason of course. My daughter and her new husband were thrilled with their special day and I believe that having it at the Barn at Madison was exactly what made their day incredible!!

Sent on 06/13/2014

Lauren · Married on 05/24/2014

The staff at the Barn at Madison were absolutely fantastic. I would highly recommend this venue for a wedding. They made our special day so worthwhile.

Sent on 06/13/2014

Rachel · Married on 03/15/2014

My husband and I cannot recommend The Barn at Madison enough to anyone looking for a venue for their wedding. The Barn has more character than we could have hoped to create ourselves with decorations and flowers. The architecture stands out, as do the stained glass windows and antique decorations in the bar area. The Barn was the perfect size for our wedding and allowed for an intimate event with our closest friends and family.

We really can’t say enough about how helpful the owners, Brandon and Annie, and their team were. From the start they answered all our questions, were receptive to our ideas and helped us find a way to make them work as close to our imagination as possible. They also helped us pick out a team of vendors that were amazing. Between The Barn staff, the DJ, the bartender, and the caterer, we have zero complaints except that the day had to end.

If you do consider The Barn, we highly recommend going for the full weekend package, as it gives extra time for both set-up and takedown, making the whole weekend spent focusing on you and your wedding.

Not only is The Barn a one-of-a-kind, beautiful venue to get married, but we couldn’t have had such an amazing wedding and made it through the process without their help and support. They went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Christina · event on: 05/18/2013

I had the most wonderful experience with The Barn at Madison! Not only was the Barn absolutely beautiful but they have wonderful owners who really cater to their guests needs! I had alot of older guests who attended my shower, and they did not hesitate to jump in and help them to their seat!

Anything thing I needed or questions I had, they were answered in a quick timely manner! I will be using the Barn again on my wedding day (the maidens parlor) and can't wait for it!

Sent on 06/09/2013

Rayna · Married on 09/02/2017

I could not have asked for a more beautiful, vintage venue! Our day was absolutely amazing!

Sent on 06/02/2017

Kelsey · Married on 08/12/2017

The Barn at Madison is worth considering no matter what wedding dream you have! Whether it's a big or small wedding you're after or a certain style that you have, The Barn at Madison fits all personalities. As far as accommodations go, The Barn has it all which is an added bonus for the sake of extra transportation, time, money, and if you plan on having photographers!

Besides the beautiful venue, the owners, Annie & Brandon Yeager are absolutely amazing! My wedding was planned about 4 years out and Annie still made it a point to follow up and answer any question every step of the way! It's like getting a wedding planner as an added bonus!! Thank you so much to the Yeager family! Words just don't do justice on how amazing you made our wedding!

Sent on 09/03/2017

david · Married on 07/30/2016

Has my daughter's wedding there last Saturday and it was all we hoped it would be. The venue is unique and beautiful. The owners and staff are wonderful and will try to do whatever is possible to make your day perfect. Highly recommend .
    Dave Baker - Murrysville PA

Sent on 08/01/2016

Lauren · Married on 06/17/2017

4.2
      3.0
      3.5

I read all the reviews for the barn and all positive comments! That is why I chose to have my wedding there on June 17th, 2017. It was an overall great and breath taking experience. First, the place is so unique and gorgeous. Staying the whole weekend is definitely worth it. Annie did a great job keeping me updated and answering questions quickly. But, there were a few issues that need to be addressed. Make sure your dj has been there because there need to be 3 setups and the place is so unique. Dj Larry was amazing and I recommend him! Also make sure your photographer knows the area, if not show him/her pics of place. Please know this is my first wedding, even really planning one because I was only in one wedding. So knowing much was not alot. The issues we had were small errors that could have been avoided. PLEASE make sure you know who is in charge of the day. I ran around the day of and so did bridesmaids and groomsmen. First, the staff were late setting up ceremony chairs. So it was hard finding people available as i got ready. We needed a table for our wine ceremony, instead of sand, and that was missing before wedding. Our wine bottles were not opened during ceremony. Our flowers were not placed for memory chairs at ceremony. The fowers were never given to flower girl and basket was near the door. During cake cutting, there was no plate so we had to wait. Finally, we paid alot for a photobooth and she contacted Annie for dimensions and what was needed. When the photo booth arrived she couldn't set up where she was told. She ended up setting up outside. So the equipment over heated and many people were unaware of photo booth due to location. So I lost alot of snapshots due to miscommunication. Overall, great experience. Some issues were not all the barns fault, but there was just communication errors about minor details that did not make it perfect. I am not one to stress about small things, but some could have been avoided.

Sent on 09/05/2017

The Barn At Madison's reply:

Lauren it was a pleasure working with you. I appreciate your kind words about our venue/staff, but there were a few items I hope you will understand better with more information. You mentioned the wedding chairs being late, so I want to address this. Our staff arrives, every week without fail, 3 hours before an event to tidy anything out of place from the Rehearsal/Decorating the night before, greet vendors, remove any trash, and then set up wedding chairs. We have never been late setting up chairs. We communicated with the florist who was doing an awesome job on the wedding grounds. I understand the bridesmaids thought the florist was waiting on us, but we had communicated with the him before they spoke. He has been to the barn many times and was still finishing the pergola decorations. Our staff has a watchful eye, trying to catch mistakes before they happen, and caught that the shepherd hooks narrowed the aisle and had it corrected. If you thought the chairs were the first task our staff does upon arrival, than I understand why you thought the chairs were set up late. I want you to understand we were doing everything we could to make sure the building was in order, the vendors and anyone else was working together to make this the best wedding for you. Although we go above and beyond to make sure mistakes do not happen, there are mistakes that happen with vendors and family/friends we have little control over. It makes me sad if there were pictures missed because the vendor did not have the room she needed for her equipment, despite the dimensions and description she received. We do offer vendors to stop by in advance of an event to check out the space. I do agree with you that family and friends play a significant role in wedding preparation, and if one person is not specifically assigned a task, it could get missed. I am glad overall your experience was wonderful. We are grateful you chose The Barn at Madison as the place to start your lifetime together.