The Barefoot Bride Reviews

79 Reviews for The Barefoot Bride

2.4
      2.5
      2.0

I came into this store looking for accessories for my wedding day. I have passed this shop several times and thought it looked lovely from the outside. I was not impressed when I walked in. The shop is full of amazing items and I was hoping to get someone to give me a hand when I walked in. Not only did the woman behind the counter barely look up and greet me, she was buried behind a messy counter that made the place look like a warehouse. They had exactly what I was looking for and the price was decent. I asked the busy woman to see if I could get the item ordered, and she did call the vendor and had assured me the item could be delivered on time. However, due to her lackluster for my business, I walked out. The only other person who worked there that paid me any mind and was very sweet, was already helping another customer.

Shops like this should have very attentive personnel. Not those who look like they would rather not be there. Would I reco this place? Maybe....but only to someone who knows what they are in for.

Sent on 03/05/2015
  • User4203057 · 2+ years ago

1.0

We traveled from CT to NJ to this bridal shop for bridesmaid dresses. we came in for our appy, were told that they didn not have anyone to help us since they double booked on brides, that was fine since we knew what we were looking for but were definitely disappointed by that. Then to top it off, once my girls were ready with their dresses, we were told we had to wait because a WALKIN needed the rooms first. Actually glad it didn't work out there because not only is the service terrible, but they mark up all their dresses and try to sugar coat that by telling us they would give a discount for bulk orders. Absolutely will not be recommending this shop to anyone.

Sent on 11/04/2014

P · Married on 04/12/2013

0.5

After reading these wonderful reviews and having shopped years ago at their fair haven store, I insisted my daughter make an appointment to bring her bridesmaids in for their dresses. My daughter explained we had a large group (7 ) and were given a 3:30 appt on Saturday. We arrived as they were finishing up with another group that both the owner and another salesperson were talking to. We announced we were all there and they said they were finishing up with nother appt. no problem. We browsed through some dresses and put a few in the dressing room. At one point, after no one approached us after the other group left, I asked if it was alright that we started since we had a large group and they closed at 5. No problem we were told.
    Well....we had NO assistance or advice except to find out which dresses we wanted put back on racks. Two of us went up separately to ask for help, and finally it was explained to us that they started the day with a large group and now were ending with one. It had been a difficult day for them and they were tired, but we were nice people. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? If you knew you had a trying day on your schedule already,don't take another appt! Or call beforehand and ask us to reschedule! In this economy I finding it shocking that anyone would turn away an order for 7 gowns@ approx. $300. Apiece plus alterations. The most frustrating part was that there were a few gowns that we liked, but would have appreciated some professional input. We were finally helped just before 5:00, closing time, and at that point we were frustrated and burnt out.

Sent on 08/14/2012

The Barefoot Bride's reply:

As I read this review, it seems the only factual statement begins and ends with, “After reading these wonderful reviews…” I take issue with the remainder of this account and would like to share my version of these events with my past, present and future customers.
    I remember this group clearly, and yes, while it had been an extremely busy Saturday, we in no way were unwilling or unable to assist this group as they arrived for their scheduled appointment.
    I’d like to begin by saying that, the bride, after being asked what she was looking for or what she had in mind, stated she “didn’t want her bridesmaids to look like bridesmaids” and was looking for something with some “bling”. I told her that unfortunately, we don’t have anything with bling; her reply was, “why”? Although we have over 500 special event dresses in the store, we had very little if anything that fit what she was describing. She mentioned a specific designer, which to my knowledge, can only be found in certain stores; and that perhaps, we were not the store for her . I pride myself on being part of the solution, not the problem. We did continue to assist her and her girls to the best of our ability, however, it was clear from her demeanor she was not satisfied. Quite simply, I cannot manufacturer merchandise that I have never carried regardless of how unhappy it may make a bride.
    I’d like to be clear when I say, I absolutely refute the claim that at any point, either myself or my employee ever said it had been a “difficult day” and that we were “tired”. To quote the author of this review; ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? In addition, in the seven (7) years that I have been the proud owner of the Barefoot Bride, I have not once rescheduled or cancelled any appointment due to the fact it had been a “busy day”; this is my job and I not only take it very seriously , I also do it with great pride and genuine affection for my brides and their families.
    Finally, with regard to the “most frustrating” part of this account , we did in fact offer some “professional input” only to be dismissed since we clearly did not have what this bride had her heart set on. Perhaps this group was the ones that were “burnt out” by day’s end.
    As is apparent, the Barefoot Bride has received rave reviews over the course of the years we’ve been in business and one can only expect that there will be people from time-to-time that you simply cannot please; that goes with the territory; however, I could not sit back and allow this inaccurate account of this story to remain without a response.

Lyle · Married on 02/16/2008

0.6
      1.0

The experience here was a complete nightmare. The wedding gown was delayed and delayed and delayed and the owner refused to return phone calls to let us know what was going on. She argued with each and every bridesmaid and told the bride her best friend and sister in law to be were causing trouble. A week before the wedding and still no gown - the groom stopped in to politely inquire about status since they hadn't heard anything from her and she threatened to call the police and have him removed. Horrific experience. Go anywhere else.

Sent on 02/10/2012