The Barefoot Bride Reviews

79 | Red Bank, NJ

79 Reviews for The Barefoot Bride

Jodi · Married on 08/07/2010

FIVE STARS IS NOT ENOUGH FOR MAYRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As soon as I met her I told her I was not looking anymore she was the one that had to find my dress.
    The Barefoot Bride is unbelievably adorable!! I had so much fun trying on the dresses there, I knew Mayra would find the perfect dresses for my bridesmaids and mother too. They all had the same wonderful experience that I did.
    There was nothing Mayra would not do for me or my girls, saying she went above and beyond is not enough she would have gone to the moon and back.
    Mayra made my year of planning the best experience of my life!! Because of Mayra's wonderful taste there was not a step I took without her approval. Thank you Mayra for making it not just the best day but the best YEAR of my life!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/09/2010
  • F

Jaclyn · Married on 07/16/2010

Best bridal salon ever. Coming from a girl who looked in multiple states, for almost 2 years, who just couldn’t find the right dress at all. I was so worried, I thought I’d never find a dress I liked enough, I thought that maybe I just didn’t even like wedding dresses on me! Myra calmed all these concerns. I walked in her store in December 2009 and started trying on gowns. I found a few I really liked and she ended up helping me to create my very own dress modeled after the idea I had developed in my head… lace here and there, a V neck, tie up in the back, cris-crossed straps, etc. I was actually able to create my dream wedding dress made specially for me AND I could afford it! Other places would have charged $10,000 or more and I paid a quarter of that price! I can’t say enough great things about everyone there. Myra truly cares for her brides, she puts so much effort in pleasing everyone and my mother and I couldn’t have been more grateful. She kept us updated on the dress via phone calls and opened her salon late at night just so we could work around work schedules and I just can’t thank her enough! I think this is just the best place to get your wedding dress!

Sent on 09/07/2010

Theresa · Married on 06/26/2010

The Barefoot Bride is such a great shop. Mayra cares about each one of her brides and gives her full and honest opinion. She was the most amazing person to work with and you feel as if your her one and only priority! She did an over the top service for me and my bridesmaids! We recommend her to everyone needing a bridal gown or bridesmaids dress! We love you Mayra!
    Love,
    Theresa and "Mom"

Sent on 08/03/2010
  • Natasha

Natasha · Married on 06/05/2010

Fantastic shop! Great selection of dresses at reasonable prices. Myra was so attentive and helpful. I found my dress in Florida initially and then tracked it down at her shop in New Jersey. Although I had tried the dress on at 2 other shops, Myra was the first one to point out that it could be custom ordered with modifications. It was shown with a soft sweetheard neckline and my only hesitation with the dress was that I wanted a deeper sweetheart neckline and Myra helped me make that happen. Her seamstress took my measurements and they helped me get the custom made dress of my dreams. She kept me informed on the delivery date and when it arrived I needed such minor alterations. Love this shop and Myra!

Sent on 02/09/2011

Jen · Married on 05/07/2010

Out of 7 wedding dress shops I went to, The Barefoot Bride was the BEST shop by far. They had the best selection of beautiful and quality wedding dresses, veil, shoes, accessories and bridesmaid dresses. Mayra is the nicest person I met during my wedding dress experience, she never mead me feel like 'just another bride'. If you're looking for the dress of your dreams with a wonderful stress free experience The Barefoot Bride is the place to go.

Sent on 08/12/2010

Shara · Married on 05/02/2010

I highly recommend visiting The Barefoot Bride. From the moment I walked in, I was treated extremely well and was not pressured at all into buying a dress. After about 10 dresses, I went with the first one I tried on. I also got my shower dress there as well. Mayra is amazing and truly devoted to her clients and really makes each bride feel very special. Mayra also came and got me dressed on my wedding day. She is by far one of the most amazing people I dealt with throughout my wedding process. She is funny and smart and very easygoing. Mayra went above and beyond to make sure my wedding day was everything I dreamed it would be.

Sent on 05/17/2010

Lauren · Married on 03/27/2010

The Barefoot Bride was the second stop for my mom and I on our quest to find the perfect dress. I knew when I put my dress on that it was the one... And I knew that the Barefoot Bride was too! The sales associate was as caught up in the moment as my mother and I were, and added special touches (like lighting, accessories, etc) to make it even more memorable... a stark contrast to the shop we visited prior!
    Throughout the year, Mayra (the shop owner) became like a member of our family, sharing our excitement, advising us on vendors, ensuring that my dress fit me perfectly. We brought the bridal party in and had a lot of fun finding the perfect dresses for them as well! Mayra pulled two dresses out for my mom... they were so "her" that she wore one for my wedding, and the other for my brothers! Everyone raved about how great she looked on both occasions...

So many of our guests (and people who have seen pictures since) say my dress was one of the most beautiful they have ever seen... I couldn't agree more and it is made all that much better by the incredible experience we shared at the Barefoot Bride!!

Sent on 05/19/2010

Lindsay · Married on 11/14/2009

I do not have enough good things to say about The Barefoot Bride. Not only did I purchase my wedding dress from them, but also all 4 of the bridesmaids dresses and 2 flower girls dresses. The quality of service is what sets Mayra and her team apart. You felt like they really cared and would do anything to make sure your day was the best it could be. They would bend over backwards to accommodate all our needs and fittings, even up until the day of the ceremony. I am so happy we chose to use Barefoot Bride's services and I would recommend it to any bride out there.

Sent on 12/03/2009

Nicole · Married on 10/30/2009

After months of searching for the perfect wedding dress in NYC (fashion capital), my sister made an appointment for me at the Barefoot Bride boutique. At that point I had basically given up on finding the dress of my dreams. I didn't have high hopes due to the fact that I had already searched in New York City dress shops and boutiques and could not find a thing. Luckily my sister forced me to go - because on that day I found exactly what I was looking for - from the color to the fabric to the style!! Myra went above and beyond to ensure my alterations were done in a timely manner and assisted with dresses for my entire bridal party as well. She is very knowledgeable, pleasant and will work with you - I never felt rushed when I was in her shop. My whole experience was amazing and I thank Myra for devoting the time and attention that I never got from the big brand name wedding boutiques. I was pleasantly surprised that shopping for a wedding dress could be such a pleasurable and stress-free experience!

Sent on 11/24/2009
  • O

Jessica · Married on 10/15/2009

Mayra was an absolute angel in my wedding dress selection. She went above and beyond her job in helping me choose my dream dress. She spends more time with you than most salons would and gets to know as if you were her family. Again, wonderful shopping experience. She will def. be missed after my wedidng is through!

Sent on 11/09/2009

Beth · Married on 09/12/2009

I can not say enough about Myra, she was amazing. Her shop was great, she has a wonderful selection of both bridal and bridal party and was very good about focusing on you during your appointment. She was sooo helpful with my bridemaid dresses I had 8 girls and she was able to tell me how every dress would fit them and she had over 1,000 bridemaid dresses. She knows her stuff and really knows what will look good on your body type. I loved my dress and everything about my shopping experience. One of my bridemaids even said she felt like she knew Myra for forever after she ordered her bridesmaid gown. Myra was so helpful and so fun to be with and Lydia did such a great job with the alterations. I went to several bridal salons and The Barefoot Bride was by far the best in service and attention to detail.

Sent on 10/06/2009
  • Avill8800

Arelis · Married on 08/08/2009

I got married in August. All I can say is fantastic!Working with Mayra was a great experience. I got my dress, bridesmaids dress and the dress for the flower girls. Mayra has great insight into helping pick out the perfect dress for you. The rest of her staff was also helpful.

She has a great selection, reasonable prices and the best possible service. You get individualized attention when you work with her. An absolute joy to work with.

Would highly recommend The Barefoot Bride.

Ari

Sent on 12/02/2009

Karen · Married on 07/24/2009

To say that Mayra is exceptional at her job is an understatement! From my first visit to the Barefoot Bride, Mayra was going out of her way to not only find me the perfect dress, but also give me an experience I would forever remember. I was always confident she would "do right" by me and I trusted her completely...and in the wedding planning process/hiring venders, it goes without saying, that trust is invaluable! Mayra provides a personal touch and a welcome sense of humor; there is nothing pretentious about her shop or her staff and you know they all genuinely want to help you look beautiful on your special day! Finding Mayra was an absolute blessing!

Sent on 01/21/2010

Edda · Married on 07/18/2009

I originally search the web for a Paloma Dress and saw that the Barefoot Bride was one of their vendors. I live in Fair Haven and had heard of the Barefoot Bride but I was always under the impression that the shop sold expensive weddings gowns because of the beautiful dresses that were displayed in the windows. Well I was wrong. I called the Barefoot Bride and spoke to the owner Mayra. She told me to come in and look at the dresses. From the first time I walked in to the Barefoot Bride I felt so comfortable and welcomed. The dresses were gorgeous and fairly priced. Mayra was so nice and kind. She asked me a couple of question like when I was getting married and what I kind of dress I envisioned myself wearing. I told her that I was getting married in July and I wanted a beautiful simple dress. That was enough information for Mayra. She knew exactly what dress would look good for my body type. She then proceeded to pick out a couple of dress and made me try them on in an order from her least favorite dress for me to her favorite dress for me. Mayra picked out the most beautiful wedding gown for me. It was the dress that I had always dreamed of wearing on my wedding day. It was just perfect for me. I absolutely loved it. I can’t even tell you how good Mayra is at picking out dresses for different body types. She knows how to make a brides shopping experience wonderful, beautiful, and stress free.

I didn’t just find a wedding dress at Barefoot Bride I also found a friend in Mayra. Mayra was always there when I needed her. She went out of her way to come to my fittings at the Gold Thimble in Rumson, NJ to make sure that my dress was going to be perfect. She even told me to stop tanning because I was getting too dark. (She was right). Not many brides can say that they had the owner of where they purchased their wedding dress come help them on their wedding day. Well I can! On my wedding day Mayra came to my house to help me get dress. She helped me with my jewelry and veil. She also helped my bridesmaids with their final touches. Mayra is so caring and I will never be able to thank her enough for all that she did for me prior to and on my wedding day. She made me look beautiful and perfect. Without Mayra I would not have been able to do it. Mayra thank you again for all that you did! With love, Edda

Sent on 02/18/2010

Kelly · Married on 02/14/2009

I started my wedding gown search at Bergdorf Goodman in NYC and thought that was where I would stay until I met Mayra and her team at Barefoot Bride!! The service and attention were outstanding! They worked with me to find the perfect dress and were never shy, yet always delicate, about what looked great on me and what looked only okay. They also dressed my Mom, who was also my Matron of Honor, and she was beautiful - and sexy! I can't wait to need another dress for a fancy occasion. I won't be going anywhere else except the Barefoot Bride!

Sent on 12/30/2009

Krista · Married on 06/28/2008

After shopping at many stores with a dress in mind, the ladies at the Barefoot Bride were the most helpful and courteous. They were patient and helpful in guiding me in what I was looking for. In the end, my dress was two dresses pieced together. They were willing to work together with the designer to make this happen for a reasonable price!

Sent on 01/11/2010

Kelly · Married on 04/19/2008

Mayra, Maura and the whole gang at the Barefoot Bride were so friendly and flexible and made the experience for shopping for a wedding dress and jewelry fun! They have a good variety of dresses in a comfortable boutique setting. I spent a great deal of time there on many occasions. In addition to buying a dress, I also had jewelry made by Linda, a woman who works with them. I had my jewelry made and gifts for all my attendents as well. We worked together to design the jewelry and everyone in the shop collaborated on it. They gave their honest opinions on the dresses, etc. whether it benefited them or not and were never short with me when I just wanted to try on another veil - again. Mayra, the owner, is so concerned about making sure she exceeds all the bride's and bridal parties' expectations. I can't say enough good things about this shop and the people who work there. I have kept in touch since my wedding and really look fondly back at that part of my wedding planning.

Sent on 01/15/2009

Easy to work with, and gave us individual attention.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Kimberly · Married on 08/07/2011

I walked into Barefoot Bride prepared to spend a lot more of my dress than I did. I was lucky enough that the dress I picked was a sample, even though I did not spend a ton of money on it Mryra took it to be dry cleaned and to fix the zipper that was broken for free. I also replaced a flower that was on it with a brooch, so it was like I had custom gown for a bargain price. The alterations were great too the dress fit me like a glove and they were reasonably priced. I had a great experience at Barefoot Bride!!

Sent on 08/21/2011

Amanda · Married on 04/09/2016

Barefoot Bride made the experience of trying on and finding a wedding dress as stress free as possible. They listened to what I wanted and was concerned about and helped guide me in the right direction. They were not pushy and did not make me feel pressured at all. They also did the measurements perfect for my dress. I just have to shorten the hem and do the bustle- no secret major alterations required!

Sent on 01/29/2016

Nicole · Married on 11/02/2013

The Barefoot Bride was a good choice for wedding dress shopping. After trying on about a dozen dresses, the designer/ seamstress actually picked out my wedding dress. The dress was perfect, she understood my body type and found the perfect dress for it. My wedding guests actually asked me if I had the dress made for me because it fit me so perfectly. The staff at the Barefoot Bride is very friendly and professional and in a fantastic area in Red Bank. They also have a huge selection of dresses.

Unfortunatley the belt/sash with the swarovski crysal started to come off, so we had to sew it back on at the reception and the bustle was not high enough so I kept stepping and slipping on the dress all night. Once we pinned it up with safety pins, I was golden.

Very happy with the Barefoot Bride and would highly reccommend them.

Sent on 12/01/2013

Katie · Married on 10/24/2010

My bridesmaid dresses were purchased at Barefoot Bride and they were gorgeous, exactly what I was looking for! I had my wedding dress altered there and they did a great job!

Sent on 11/17/2010

Dana · Married on 07/27/2013

I had shopped at a few places for my wedding dress, but I decided to go with Mayra at the Barefoot Bride because of the exceptional experience I had there! From the beginning I loved the intimate feeling at the shop, and eventually I went back to buy my dress there.
    The only issue I had was with alterations (although that business is separate from the Barefoot Bride altogether). The alteration service prices were never given at the beginning when my dress arrived, and when I did get the prices, they were very high! Ultimately Mayra and Gina worked together to make it right, but my advice would be to get the prices up front and go with another alteration services if it's out of your price range. Gina's work is gorgeous, no doubt about it, just expensive.
    Overall, I strongly recommend Barefoot Bride, wonderful experience!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Krista · Married on 10/28/2006

3.8
      3.5

This shop is great, but didn't have what i was looking for...sad.

Sent on 08/24/2010

Jessica · Married on 08/22/2015

3.2
      2.5
      3.0
      3.0

Unfortunately, I did not have a very good experience at the Barefoot Bride. I was highly recommended to the shop by two brides who had purchased their bridesmaid dresses and wedding gowns there. Everything started out great-- Myra and Megan were lovely and made me feel like apart of the family. Things started to seem off when 3 of my bridesmaids' dresses came in 3 sizes too big, and they were not offered any sympathy or discount on alterations, since they were measured correctly, but the wrong sizes were ordered. I would come for my alteration appointments at night, straight from the train, and I would always be waiting at least 30-45 minutes before being able to meet with a seamstress. I kept coming back appt. after appt., when I was told my gown would be finished, to no progress. They ordered the wrong size for my gown, so it didn't fit, and the seamstress, Tati, wanted to put an extension of the entire bodes. I knew it only needed to be taken out and would be fine. That wasted 2 appointments. Now it's a week before my wedding and still no finished product. I bought a special corset bra for my dress, and when I went to try it on again, unfinished, the shape was all wrong. They switched seamstresses and 2 days before my wedding, Megan (so nice and helpful) and Lana (?) delivered my gown to my parents house to fit me in it and it fit perfect. Unfortunately, I am busty, and although the gown held my chest in at that time, right after our ceremony, it started falling down on top. By the beginning of the reception, I looked like Pam Anderson and had nothing to hold myself up. It was awful and embarrassing and im glad that I was able to cover myself in pictures. Please be careful when you are working with this shop. Although the owner called me personally to apologize, that doesn't account for the damage that was done.

Sent on 04/07/2016