The Barefoot Bride Reviews

79 | Red Bank, NJ

79 Reviews for The Barefoot Bride

Jolie · Married on 10/12/2014

Everyone in this store is wonderful! The owner, my fairy god QUEEN, Queen "M" is such a delight to work with and she is so hands on!

I am excited to work with BB and you should be too! :)

JK soon to be JA
    xo

Sent on 09/08/2014

Jessica · Married on 08/10/2014

I ordered my wedding dress from The Barefoot Bride. Everyone working there is super friendly and patient. They were truly wonderful to work with!

Sent on 07/07/2014

Mallory · Married on 07/26/2014

Myra and her girls are awesome! She truly cares about each bride and their needs. She made sure my dress was perfect and that I was happy every step of the way. The dress I chose did not really have a veil to match...we ended up ordering extra lace from my gown and her ladies made a beautiful veil out of it. The attention to detail at this shop is incredible. Can't wait to go back and show her pictures of our day!

Sent on 08/10/2014

Allison · Married on 07/12/2014

I recently bought my gown from Mayra and had an amazing experience throughout the entire process. She was very honest, knowledgeable and helpful from my first appointment to the day I picked up my dress. My dress was beautiful and fit like a glove. I brought my sister to see Mayra once she got engaged and she had a great experience as well :) DEF recommend!

Sent on 08/13/2014

Nicole · Married on 06/20/2014

Hi Mayra and girls! I just wanted to thank you again for being so wonderful and helping me find my perfect wedding dress. My dress was everything I could have ever imagined You all were so kind and friendly....the absolute best!

I HIGHLY recommend the services of this bridal dress vendor. Each and every person there is professional, organized and most importantly friendly. I will never forget you guys and all your help :) Thank you again <3

Nicole Pace (Kaserkie)

Sent on 07/07/2014

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Myra and her team at Barefoot Bride. She is an amazing woman who made me feel totally at ease and comfortable with every step of the dress buying and fitting process. She is attentive, caring, funny, and professional. Her seamstresses are also wonderful. I wish I could get married all over again just to visit that shop again!

Sent on 04/25/2014

Jhanny · Married on 03/01/2014

The Barefoot Bride was not just a place I went to get dresses from but also a place where we laughed and had a good time during our fittings. The owner Mira is an amazing person. I was just a little difficult in what I wanted but she went out her way to make it happen. She takes pride in her work so you know you were leaving her shop looking fabulous. I will definitely go back!!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Betsy · Married on 01/18/2014

Words cannot describe my experience with Myra and her team at The Barefoot Bride. From the moment I walked through the door, we became family. Myra is an incredible woman who has such a talent working with brides and their families. My sister went to Myra for her bridal accessories in July '10 and when my time came, there was no other option but to head down to Red Bank for my dress. I found my PERFECT dress and also purchased my bridesmaid dresses, and my mom's dress, with the help of Myra and her staff. I wanted a cathedral lace veil so Myra set out to find lace that matched my dress. SHE IS AMAZING. She goes above and beyond for her clients. Nothing is too big or too small for her to overcome. Gina was just as amazing as my dress fit like a glove and my veil was to die for. I don't think I could have gotten the same warm and friendly service at another boutique. Myra-You're the BEST! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

:-)
    Betsy

Sent on 02/03/2014

Samantha · Married on 10/25/2013

Words can not begin to describe how much I loved the Barefoot Bride, Myra and Gina. As soon as I walked through the doors to have my very first appointment with them, I felt at ease, at home and ready to have some fun! Hands down, the individualized attention I received from these ladies was unbelievable. There were a few bumps in the road {nothing because of them or their service} and they worked with me, cried with me, laughed with me through the whole process! I don't know many companies or people that would come to the church just to stream your wedding gown, and then proceed to make you feel relaxed and great; or travel, themselves, to New York City,to pick up hair clips for your wedding day. The Barefoot Bride is the perfect dress boutique if you are looking for individualized attention, real people, who understand what Brides are feeling and going through, and who really want to be there to help you through your amazing wedding journey. I truly thank them for making my dream dress come true, and making me feel and look beautiful on my wedding day! I recommend the Barefoot Bride with flying colors!!

Sent on 11/23/2013

Emily · Married on 09/07/2013

I found my dream dress at the Barefoot Bride! I went in knowing exactly what I wanted and left with my dream dress becoming a reality dress! It was the 5th dress I tried on. Myra was wonderful. I had a short engagement and so in had to start dress shopping ASAP. I came into this shop first and told her my date. She made me feel comfortable and didn't make it seem as though there was no time to order a dress. I ordered my dress in march and it was delivered in July. My wedding was in September. The sizing was perfect and my belt I ordered was perfect! I didn't feel rushed or badgered. My bridal party assisted me in Choosing a dress and I knew it was" the One" when it made me cry as soon as I tried it on. I would recommend anyone to try out the Barefoot Bride. The staff was friendly and the selection was not overwhelming. My wedding day was truly beautiful bc I felt gorgeous in my dress! Thank you Myra!

Sent on 09/12/2013

Leslie · Married on 07/05/2013

I was sent to Barefoot Bride by a friend who purchased her dress there a year ago. From the moment I met Myra and her staff I immediately felt comfortable and at ease about the process of purchasing a bridal gown. I did not feel rushed or pressured to buy anything. Myra was patient and honest with me as I tried on dress after dress. She gave her professional opinion in a caring and appropriate way. I enjoyed my experience there soo much, that I brought back my 6 bridesmaids to purchase their dresses there as well. On the day that we were there for bridesmaids dresses, it was very busy, as Saturday's mostly are at bridal salons! Myra and her staff were amazing at multi-tasking between my large group (6 girls, myself, and every girls' mother too). She had a couple other appointments that day and she was able to assist us with trying on what felt like 200 dresses between all my girls. I am doing a different dress on every girl, and Myra helped me to narrow down the designer and fabric that would look best in pictures and on all of my different shaped girls. We were soo impressed with Myra and her staff that day as well, that my Mom ended up buying her Mother of the Bride's dress at Barefoot also!!! I can not say enough about how amazing Myra and her staff are. Over the past couple months she has called me everytime she heard news about production and delivery of all the dresses we purchased. I am going there tonight with my Mom to try on MY purchased dress for the first time and I am excited for the dress, but also to see Myra!!!!
    I HIGHLY recommend using Barefoot Bride for any bride looking for amazing service, professionalism, and personal attention. I will be sending all my friends there for any formal occasion!

Sent on 01/22/2013

Erin · Married on 06/29/2013

The staff at Barefoot Bride were amazing. Hurricaine Sandy hit right when I needed to order my dress. The store had no power for over a week, but Mayra kept in touch with me by cell phone and let me come in to order my dress the day she got power back. Couldn't have asked for better or more personal service.

Sent on 06/10/2013

Mary K. · Married on 03/23/2013

Barefoot was the first and only dress shop I visited. From my first visit I was treated with such personal service I didn't want to go anywhere else. I found my dream dress there and had all of my alterations done in the store. I required a lot of alterations and Gina was fabulous. My dress came out gorgeous and I felt wonderful in it. All of my bridesmaids purchased their dresses from Barefoot and they were gorgeous. I can't thank Myra enough, my whole experience was calm and fun during a time when stress can really get to you.

Sent on 03/31/2013

Kate · Married on 03/23/2013

Between Myra and Gina (her seamstress); they made a reluctant traditional bride love her long white gown. A relaxed experience you never feel pressured. I felt like Myra knew me better than my own sister in finding the perfect dress. At first I thought they wouldn't have anything in my budget; I was wrong. Don't feel like just another bride; go to Barefoot Bride where they give you space and support all at the same time to feel comfortable and not pressured. Can't wait to go in and show them pictures!

Sent on 03/31/2013

Originally a “Jersey Girl”, I now live in Virginia. I had been to many bridal salons in The District, Maryland and New Jersey, but never felt comfortable with the selection of gowns or the customer service I had seen or received at these “reputable” boutiques. To many of these places, I was “just another bride” and was treated as though they were doing me a favor by even entertaining my concerns or questions about my wedding gown.
    When I walked into The Barefoot Bride, I knew it was special. I was immediately greeted by the owner Mayra and put in the knowledgeable and caring hands of sales associate, Carol. I had recently put on a bit of weight and therefore didn’t feel comfortable in many dresses. Carol took her time with me and provided professional feedback and input in order to help me find the dress of my dreams. Needless to say, I found the dress and I loved it! Their seamstress on site, Gina, met with me and altered the dress to make it fit more beautifully than I ever could have imagined. The dress didn’t budge the whole night of my wedding and I was so incredibly comfortable!
    I also ordered my bridesmaid dresses through The Barefoot Bride. Their selection of gowns is exquisite and my girls found one they loved immediately! Unfortunately, I had one bridesmaid who was not exactly punctual in ordering her gown. Mayra really stepped up to plate and contacted this bridesmaid on numerous occasions to ensure that everything ran smoothly. Even amidst the chaos of Hurricane Sandy, Mayra kept her business open remotely and ensured that all of my girls’ dresses were delivered on time. Knowing that I had Mayra to support me alleviated so much stress!
    The ladies at The Barefoot Bride are true professionals who are incredibly knowledgeable in their field. Their customer service and dedication to each bride stands out above the rest, and I truly consider them friends.
    Thank you SO much to Mayra and all the ladies at The Barefoot Bride!!!

Sent on 12/14/2012
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/07/2012

Mayra & The Barefoot Bride are amazing! My first appt was 9 months prior to my wedding after being crushed by 2 things. 1-the JCrew dress that I loved, didn't fit me right. 2-my sister Lindsay was deploying to Afghanistan & would not be back in time for my wedding. Since Lindsay was home for Xmas, I decided to seize the time & go dress shopping with both of my sisters. Mayra was the bundle of energy that I needed to get excited again & feel like there was a dress for me! After looking through the gowns, we selected 5/6 to try & quickly narrowed it down to 2. I was leaning towards 1 & asked if we could take a look at the bridesmaid dresses so I could think. It didn't take long for us to agree on the style for the girls & Mayra started to take measurements. Lindsay explained that she was in the USAF w/ orders to deploy & she would not be back in time. As I stood there listening, I saw tears fill Mayra's eyes, without hesitation she said "I'm buying a dress for you just in case you make it back, it's on me!" That was all I needed to hear, I instantly had tears in my eyes, hope in my heart & knew I was wearing my wedding dress. I didn't have the typical 'bride moment' people talk about, mine was in my heart. Btwn appts for my other girls & my alterations with Gina (who is a doll & absolutely amazing as well), I probably saw Mayra 6 more times. Each time she greeted me with a hug & asked if we knew if Lindsay would be back; each time I said it was doubtful. The day before my wedding, standing in my hotel suite, I called Mayra in tears. I had to tell her that I just opened the door & found Lindsay standing there in her uniform. She had made it back just in time AND her dress fit perfectly! Mayra not only found the perfect dress for me, but she gave me the best gift I could have received that day-I had both of my sisters, my 2 MOHs with me. For the rest of my life, whenever I tell someone about my wedding, Mayra & The Barefoot Bride will be a part of the story!

Sent on 12/06/2012

The girls at Barefoot Bride are amazing to work with! I put Mayra through so much stress - but she was always so pleasant to me. I got my wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses there and there wasn't a problem with either. Gina, the in-house seamstress, is also amazing. Her work on my dress, my mom's, and grandma's was beautiful. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 12/27/2012

Kelly · Married on 09/15/2012

I worked with Mayra and her staff on my upcoming wedding in September. I could not be more pleased with their professionalism and knowledge of dresses. Working with Mayra and her staff was a pleasure. They were honest with me and my bridal party of 10 girls. We were able to find some gorgeous affordable dresses that flattered the various sizes we had to work with. Additionally, I purchased my own dress there as well. I can't wait until I walk down the aisle. I truly feel like a princess in the dress!!! Thank you again for making this experience quite enjoyable!

Sent on 08/29/2012

From the first time I walked into the shop until I walked out with my dress, the girls at The Barefoot Bride made me feel like a princess. I was never rushed out or ignored while there. My dress was beautiful! It was classic, timeless with a twist and totally matched my personality. The manufacturer was on back order but I was assured I would have it on time, and it was! They made sure it was speed delivered and it all turned out perfectly! Great service, great quality! I am happy I chose them.

Sent on 09/06/2012

Keri · Married on 06/23/2012

I cant say enough about the barefoot bride! Mayra is wonderful, the dresses are beautiful and afordable, and the staff is terrific. Mayra is the best! She made me feel so comfortable from the moment i walked through the door and made my entire dress experience (from searching to fittings) fun. Mayra is so dedicated to her brides and always made me feel like a priority. And if all that wasnt enough, she is pretty funny too! Gina, the seamstress, is also amazing. She was forever patient and worked miracles with my dress and my sisters dress. I am so glad i bought my dress at the barefoot bride! Thank you ladies for everything!

Sent on 09/19/2011

Heather · Married on 05/12/2012

Mayra and Gina at The Barefoot Bride were amazing women to work with. Mayra helped me pick the perfect dress and Gina made it fit perfectly!!! When I entered the shop I didn't think I would be able to afford anything since I didn't have an outrageous budget and the dresses in the window always looked so expensive. I tried on 15 dresses and every one was in my price range. I would recommend The Barefoot Bride to anyone looking for a pleasant wedding dress experience!!

Sent on 05/16/2012

Lisa · Married on 08/13/2011

I absolutely LOVE Mayra at the Barefoot Bride. Though I did not purchase my dress from her shop, she planned my entire event and she did a fantastic job. She found us amazing vendors (Unforgettable DJs, Ann Coen Photography, Depascal Makeup Artistry) and took care of every since detail for us. I basically sat back, answered a few questions, and Mayra took care of the rest. She is hilarious, hardworking, professional, and so, so passionate about what she does that she made us feel like our wedding was her top priority. I cannot say enough good things about Mayra at the Barefoot Bride. If you need help planning your event, she is the best!!

Sent on 09/03/2011

Sarah · Married on 05/29/2011

After searching high and low for the dress of my dreams, I finally came across the Barefoot Bridal and the search was OVER. From the moment I walked in the shoppe, I was sure I was going to find my dress somewhere on those racks! From the cozy atmosphere, to the welcoming and helpful staff and the one- on- one assistance from the wonderful owner, Mayra…I felt at complete ease and knew that my dress worry was over! Mayra has tremendous industry experience and knowledge, incredible dedication, a 110% attention to detail, an easy going and very likeable personality and a huge heart.  She loves her job, her brides AND her bride’s mothers and girls and you will truly feel like you are her only bride despite her ever growing list of new clients and customers!  Barefoot’s seamstress, Gina is the WORLD’s best and personalized my Mikaella 1508 into the exact silhouette I desired and nipped and tucked that gown to hug every right curve and fall to the exact length for both my beach wedding and my indoor reception. Of course Mayra and Gina figured out a way for my dress to work with my barefeet along with my 4.5 inch Bagley Mischka’s.  I cannot sing enough praises for these two women. I met so many wonderful vendors during my year of wedding planning and I consider myself so lucky to have worked with such creative, talented and wonderful people that I now call many friends. Mayra and her team will always have a special place in my heart and I wish Barefoot a lifetime of continued success and fortune! Thank you for making my dreams become a reality! TEAM BAREFOOT

Sent on 10/18/2011

Melyssa · Married on 11/06/2010

AWESOME!! That is the best descriptor for this store! Myra was so attentive to me and actually picked my dress. She's incredibly knowledgeable. I would never have independently tried on the dress she suggested but I LOVED it and felt like a princess on my wedding day. Myra is 100% devoted to her brides.

Additionally, her seamstress Gina worked tirelessly to make sure that every last detail of my dress was in it's perfect place.

Sent on 12/01/2010

Lou · Married on 08/21/2010

Ever just think something was meant to be at the right time and right place? Well, that is how I felt the day I walked into the Barefoot Bride. The same day I was ready to give up the search for my gown, my sister and I went to Barefoot Bride. I was on the verge of tears because after looking in way too many places, I still wasn't getting that "you just know it's the dress feeling" that everyone told me about. I was meeting crazy vendors who were rude and mean. I was picky because I knew I wanted to find the right dress, but I also needed the right vendor!
    From the moment Myra at Barefoot Bride opened the door, I felt like I was visiting with an old friend. My sister and I just hung out at her shop that day for over 2 hours sitting and laughing with her. There was no pressure with Myra, just plain kindness and fun! I knew this is where my dress had to be, and it was there that I found the one....My vendor and my dress of course!! I smile every time I think of that day : )

Throughout the wedding process, Myra became better than a bridesmaid. She truly became my friend. I wanted excuses to just go to the store and hang out with her. Not only is Myra talented in fashion designing and event planning, she has a sixth sense-she knows when her brides need her. Myra would call me when I was on the verge of a melt down. She made me laugh when I was ready to cry, offered advice and gave opinions where it was needed, but knew also when to just let me think and come to my own conclusions. We had a sad family situation take place two weeks before our wedding. Myra went ABOVE and BEYOND the call of service in every single sense of the meaning.

My mom bought her dress at Barefoot Bride because she loved Myra as much as I did. The selection of dresses from bridal gowns, to bridesmaids, and mother of the bride, there is something for everyone. The seamstress, Gina was phenomenal too. She was so patient, gentle, and sweet. Her work on both my dress and my mother's was incredible. She is meticulous, affordable and she performed a last minute miracle when I changed my mind on something.
    I can't say enough about Myra, Gina, and The Barefoot Bride. I love that store, now I just have to get Mrya to move the shop closer to where I live so I can stop in and see her more often!
    Go there for your gown! I promise you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/10/2010