44 Reviews for The Ballroom at J Liu of Worthington

House Beer (1)
House Wine (1)
Open Bar (1)
House Liquor (1)

J Liu and Rita were wonderful to work with leading up to and during the wedding. They really did everything to make us feel special, and we truly cannot say enough nice things about Rita (J Liu’s event coordinator); she went above and beyond to make sure everything was in order and was very friendly. One of the things we loved about choosing J Liu for our wedding and reception was the fact that we didn’t have worry about contacting several different companies for the various parts that go into a wedding: J Liu handled the food, alcohol, staffing, lighting, linens, tables, chairs, set up, tear down, and coordination. It was perfect.

Profile Picture Felix , 8/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor

My fiancé (now wife) and I had the hardest time finding a venue that would accommodate a smaller sized wedding ceremony and reception. With a guest count of just under fifty people, many venues aren’t willing to book the space for a ceremony or reception without a hefty upcharge to meet the minimum. Thankfully, unlike several venues in central Ohio, J.Liu came to the rescue and provided a beautiful ballroom to accommodate both events at an affordable price.

Profile Picture Nick, 9/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I cannot say enough good things about The experience we had with J Liu! The coordinator Rita was wonderful to work with and made us feel like family. Very responsive and easy to get in touch with. The venue was easily able to accommodate my 200 guest wedding. I would recommend J Liu to anyone looking for great service and a beautiful venue!

Profile Picture Laura, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Event Planning, Event Rentals, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access

Perfect place for a wedding reception. Huge ballroom, beautiful balcony, amazing building exterior for photos. Very responsive and helpful staff that coordinates the banquet. Flexible and willing to make sure all your request happen. Thank you for making our Big Day so much fun!

Profile Picture Katrina, 9/20/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding reception at J Liu with around 130 guests and I couldn't have been more happy with how everything went. Todd and Rebekka the event coordinators at j Liu make everything so easy the least stressful part of the whole planning process for me was when I handed things over to them. My mom even told me that when she arrived for the reception Todd picked here out of the crowd asked her what she wanted from the bar and personally made sure she had a full drink all night. Everyone at J Liu make my reception absolutely perfect I couldn't have asked for a better night!
And in regards to flexibility I actually changed my wedding date from June of 2014 to December 2013 and J Liu worked with me to find a date that worked with less than a year until my new December date!

Profile Picture Eve, 12/28/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Todd was the best when it came to planning our event. He was patient with us, we live out of state so it was a little difficult to plan some things. He was so helpful and creative. When we came up with an idea he would come up with another way to make it even better. Everyone said that it was the best wedding food they had ever ate too!

Profile Picture Justine, 9/7/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I must first start this review by saying how blown away I was by Todd their catering manager. He walked us through every step of the way, gave us custom and unique ideas we were searching for, and pulled every last detail together for us. He was always a phone call or email away and made everything so easy on us. He was personable and pleasant to work with. He put our minds to ease early on knowing that he would have everything taken care of. After all of the planning, we walked into our reception and it was so much more then we ever expected. Everything was put together with genuine thought and care for us. The room was beautiful because of Todd and his staff. Everyone at J Liu went above and beyond for us. Todd and his staff made sure every guest of ours was taken care of. I have heard in the weeks passing that our reception has been a favorite of all of our friends. They have raved about the amazing food, first rate service, beautiful facility, and how wonderful everything was put together. We even had a few out of town guests that are coming to visit in a month and they have requested their first meal when back in Columbus be at J Liu's! If I had my choice I would choose J Liu all over again. It was beyond a wonderful experience. There was not a single thing I would have done differently. I cannot thank Todd and his staff enough for making our wedding such a beautiful day.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/3/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding reception was wonderful at J. Liu. Todd was very helpful in all areas of planning and helped us to make our night special. The food was fantastic! The ballroom was beautiful and set exactly as we had planned. The staff couldn't have been any nicer. I would highly recommend J. Liu. Thank you for making that night so special for us.

Profile Picture Karen, 8/3/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I should begin by saying that planning an event at this level is not really my "thing." We met with Todd and he made difficult menu decisions easy, complex seating arrangements simple, and all along kept his sense of humor. The evening of the event went off as planned, the staff was gracious, food delicious, and decorations were beautiful. I highly recommend J. Liu's for any type of event there is. It is a lovely place.

Profile Picture Colleen, 7/28/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Todd & JLiu did an excellent job making our reception the event of the summer. Todd was easy to work with and aloud us to make many personalized details that made it clear to our guests that we had really tried to create something special. The ballroom and patio was a perfect combination to allow our guests to have fun and relax at the same time without having to venture to far from the celebration. The staff was very friendly and served everyone in a timely manner so that everyone could continue to have a good time. I would highly recommend this venue for anyone planning a reception.

Profile Picture Liz, 7/6/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved our reception at J. Liu. Todd and Rebekah were fantastic to work with. They were friendly and professional during our meetings & wonderful on our wedding day. We loved everything about the venue.

Profile Picture Kendalyn, 5/18/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thank you Todd Brown… At our one year anniversary, we thank you for a magical evening that we will remember forever. Todd is a great listener, and a true professional at what he does .He made our special day, a dream come true. Thank you J Liu for a place where people can enjoy fine dinning, laughter, and waltz an evening away.

Profile Picture Eni & Florin, 11/3/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We held our daughter’s wedding reception at J Lui in Worthington and I cannot say enough great things about our experience. Todd who helped us plan and coordinate everything could not have been more wonderful to work with. The food was excellent. We had drinks and Hors D’oeuvres for our guests while we remained at the church for pictures. According to our guests the food was excellent and the display stunning. Todd, ever thoughtful, saved back some for the wedding party. My sister who can be very hard to please still raves about the Hors D’oeuvres. We had a sit down dinner. I have been to a lot of events and have found food served for large groups can be lacking. Each meal was done to perfection. I would have thought I was out for the night with friends at an expensive restaurant not at a large affair. Todd was most accommodating to all of the special dietary needs. Our friends and family included: small children, vegetarians, Jewish, peditarian, gluten intolerant, loves sea food, allergic to shell fish and red meat lovers. He was able to accommodate everyone without any problems.
The space is lovely and takes very little decoration to make it spectacular. The staff was professional and did a wonderful job. I would also like to thank the owner Mr. Lui for all of his kind considerations in making this a truly special night for our daughter.
I would recommend J Lui for any event and feel confident of the great job they would do.

Profile Picture Catherine, 10/27/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The ballroom at J Liu of Worthington is not only beautiful... it has amazing employees as well. Todd Brown was always available to answer any questions I had through E-mail, even if there were multiple ones per day (this happened often)! He was so helpful, as he understood that having a wedding reception is a big expense, and he helped us with that in any way that he could. My husband and I felt that there was nothing we had to worry about. I had so many things on my mind, and the last thing I needed to think about was whether or not my guests would have a great time because I was certain that they would, as Todd gave me that trust! The food was very unique, as we had the coconut cornflake chicken. It brought a fun feel to the reception that I desired but didn't quite know how to accomplish. You really can't go wrong with any food that you have at J Liu! During my reception, one of the employees who was cleaning up took a moment to stop me and say how it was the best reception he had ever been a part of. I just felt that we were in great hands at J Liu, and that is something that is imperative if you do not want to lose your mind during the wedding planning process! If I had to have a wedding reception again, I would not think twice before contacting Todd again.

Profile Picture Kristyn, 8/18/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our reception on the main floor of the restaurant at J.Liu. It was amazing and so beautiful! We got compliment after compliment about the venue, how open it was, the food, the service, everything. Everyone said it was the most fun they have ever had at a wedding. The dinnner and dancing on one side and the bar on the other was perfect. It allowed our older guests and bar hangers to chill and chat at the bar. We also had the patio, and many people went out there to sit on the patio and talk. It was perfect as it had a space for everyone and every personality at our wedding. The food was awesome, it was the main reason we picked J.Liu. We got the appetizers for cocktail hour and all of oour guests raved about how good they were, everyone was full and happy. Todd was an excellent coordinator, he was incredibly helpful and accomadating, caring about every detail and ensuring everything was done just the way we wanted it. He assisted us with everything and was always willing to get on a phone call or schedule time to meet as we lived in Pittsburgh while planning this wedding. It was just so nice and I never worreid about the venue, the decorations being set-up or the food, I knew J.Liu would come through and they far surpassed my expectations. I would recommend them to anyone who wants an awesome and unique venue and delicous food. It has been weeks after our wedding and we are still hearing how wonderful it was from family and friends:)

Profile Picture User2693926, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

J. Liu was an excellent venue for our wedding reception! All of the staff we worked with, including all waiters, the chef, and especially Todd were wonderful to work with. Todd was very professional throughout the entire process and is very experienced, so was able to make our evening run very smoothly.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/2/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

J Liu's staff is among the best I've ever Encountered. The event was on point for everything. The staff was even ready for unplanned accommodations. The chef was able to provide a great blend of choices. Working with J-liu's head of event planning is the best part! Todd provided great recommendations and service.

Profile Picture User3027535, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Todd at J Lui's was amazing! I didn't know how important it was to have a responsive and helpful planner at the venue until I realized one day that I don't have to check in on Todd like I did with many other vendors. I knew everything would be taken care of, and sure enough, the day was PERFECT! He remembered every little detail and the staff was so kind. Our guests had an amazing time! Plust the food was excellent!

Profile Picture Karyn, 4/21/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

J Liu made my wedding better than my dreams! Every detail from planning, decoration, service, food, and fun was better than expected. What really sold us on picking J Liu was the food- they are known for their amazing restaurant and delicious food. All of our guests were raving about the butler passes appetizers during cocktail hour and the fantastic plated meals for dinner! The banquet manager, Todd, is extremely sociable and knowable. He gave advice as to what was best for our ideas, our guests, and our wallet. Through the planning process, Todd and I worked closely together, he helped me implement some of the ideas I had, that I realistically thought were not possible. I fully trusted the staff at J Liu, which gave me peace of mind as it got closer to the wedding. I knew that they would be able to carry through with every little planned detail to perfection. I highly recommend J Liu for a professional planning experience and a perfectly executed event

Profile Picture linda, 1/21/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

J Liu of Worthington is the BEST! They take care of all the details :) We've known since they opened on 08/08/08 that we wanted to have our reception here, one of our favorite restaurants in Worthington! Thank you to Todd Brown, Jason Liu and all the staff at J. Liu for making our reception a classy event to remember!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 11/11/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

You won't go wrong if you choose J. Liu of Worthington for your wedding reception. The food is AMAZING! Todd Brown will help you plan "your" perfect reception. He is very detail oriented and cares about his job. If we could rate it, they would have been higher than a 5.

Profile Picture David, 10/29/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Unique Services (Other)

I have absolutely no complaints. J. Liu was professional, affordable and accomodating. Their staff treated my husband and I, and all of our guests, wonderfully and we had the time of our lives!

Profile Picture Jennie, 10/15/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

J Liu was the perfect choice for my husband and I. The place is beyond beautiful, and all of our pictures turned out amazing. Todd Brown and his wonderful staff went above and beyond our expectations to make sure that our day was perfect! Todd is easy to get a hold of, and very good about giving ideas, and sharing his recommendations and making the event the best it can be. He was also very good about keeping our budget in mind, and helping us decide where to spend our valuable dollars. Overall we couldn't be happier with the venue and great service. Our reception was so much fun and absolutely perfect. I would HIGHLY reccommend!

Profile Picture Amber, 8/12/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

J Lius was amazing! Our event and was perfect and beautiful!!! We could not be happier with all of what J Lius did for us! Todd is amazing and has a wonderful ideas! He makes each event special! The food was amazing and so was the scenery! My guests are still talking about the food and the beautiful building! Todd was available to us in answered all our questions when we needed help! All are other services and vendors were very pleased to work with J Lius! We receiv ed many discounts and price cuts because of their wonderful working relationship with J Lius! the event was perfect and the food and service was amazing!!!! We could not be happier with all they provided! Our guests are still talking about this wonderful place and the event they put on for us!!! J Lius and staff make you feel like family and always welcome there!! We will continue to go back for the wonderful atmosphere and food!!!!

Profile Picture Audrey, 6/25/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning