The Ballantyne Reviews

The Ballantyne 3
The Ballantyne 4
The Ballantyne 5

Alicia · Married on 09/04/2016

The Ballantyne Hotel made our wedding dreams come true! All of the staff were professional and kind. Our wedding was worry free thanks to Allison, our event coordinator. The food was delicious and the scenery was amazing for all of our wedding photos. Highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 03/09/2017

Doreen · Married on 05/21/2016

We had our daughters reception in the Ballantyne Ballroom this past May. The whole experience was above and beyond expectations. Allison was terrific from the start to the end. She was so organized and was there for every step of the way. She helped us with every detail. She made our daughter and new son in laws wedding day go off without a hitch. I highly recommend the Ballantyne and their wonderful staff.

Sent on 09/24/2016

Alison · Married on 04/23/2016

Allison Meyer at The Ballantyne Resort and Lodge made our wedding experience AMAZING! This venue was beautiful and I strongly recommend for any wedding. We had our ceremony at the Lodge and it was so pretty. Our friends and family are still talking about it!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Cynthia · Married on 11/07/2015

As the mother-of-bride, it was important for me to provide as much of a stress free venue for my daughter as I could possibly provide at a comfortable price. The Ballantyne hotel not only provided but exceeded my expectations. Our staff coordinator, Allison, was phenomenal! Every aspect from make-up and hair to the last dance was perfect! I am truly appreciative!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Jennifer · Married on 11/07/2015

My husband and I were married at The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge in November 2015. I cannot say enough about how wonderful the hotel and staff were - from the first phone call I made to inquire about the venue, to the sweet details put into our wedding night suite. Also, the food served at the reception was delicious, and I am still getting compliments from my guests about how they loved their meals!
    Our wedding planner was Allison Meyer, who was exceptional. She helped us plan along the way and was also our "day-of" coordinator. She executed our event flawlessly, and made sure that my every need and want was taken care of (sometimes before I knew I wanted or needed it)!! My day was relaxed, and stress free because of how wonderfully Allison planned my special day.
    The day was perfect in every way, and my only disappointment is that we can't do it again :-).
    If you are looking for a classy, elegant, and flawless wedding day experience the Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge is (in my opinion) the absolute best option.
    Cheers, and happy wedding planning!!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Priscilla · Married on 10/10/2015

As a bride, I can tell you that the two most important factors for a successful wedding are: venue and food. Ballantyne was not cheap, in fact, it was above my original budget, but I knew that it had the best location and food in the area, so I went for it. And now, I have no regrets! My wedding was held at Ballantyne this past weekend. The ceremony was at the Carolina Room and the reception at Fairway Ballroom. Everything was amazing! The food was the one thing people raved about, which is all I cared as a bride. Allison Meyer was my wedding coordinator. She was super professional and she was just excellent. She listened to all of my requests and she incorporated all of my ideas. She's also very organized, which is a MUST for that day. I didn't have to worry much knowing everything was in her hands. The service was amazing! All the staff would congratulate me and all my guests would tell me how excellent the service was! Just fair warning: there is a 23% service charge on everything. So make sure you incorporate that into your budget, since it's almost a quarter of the overall price (outside of 7% tax and other fees).

Sent on 10/16/2015
  • F

Faith · Married on 09/26/2015

We had a wonderful wedding experience at The Ballantyne Hotel. We had both our wedding ceremony and reception there and rented the Ballantyne Ballroom which was a gorgeous room. The Meeting & Events Manager, Allison Meyer was amazing! We hired her as our Day-Of Wedding Coordinator as well. She was very helpful in the planning process and made it an easy and fun experience. Her bubbly personality and positivity was refreshing and made her a joy to work with. She is very professional and knowledgeable about the planning process. Through her experience in wedding planning she had some great expert advice and suggestions for us that were very helpful. She has a great attention to detail which contributed in making our day extra special. During the planning we were made to feel special just as we were on our wedding day itself. The rest of the staff at The Ballantyne Hotel was also very professional and accommodating. Our family and friends commented on how delicious all the food was as well as how elegant and professional the details of the venue itself and the service at the hotel was. We appreciate everything they did to carry out the details of our dream wedding and make it come to life. We are extremely happy with our experience there and the service we received. We would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 10/17/2015

Neesha · Married on 09/19/2015

I cannot rave enough about the Ballantyne Hotel!!! Can I give them 6 stars? To start, the hotel itself is absolutely gorgeous! The staff is super friendly and helpful. The service was impeccable. Our wedding day went so smoothly from start to finish! Ashley Nguyen was amazing to work with! Throughout the wedding planning process Ashley was always available and quick to respond to my emails. Working with Ashley felt like working with a friend. Every time we met at the hotel I left feeling even more excited about our big day! On the actual wedding weekend, Ashley made sure that we had everything we wanted from check in to check out. Four months later, our wedding guests are STILL commenting on how smooth everything went on our wedding day!!! We could not have done it without the amazing staff at the Ballantyne Hotel. I honestly wish that I could do the entire weekend all over again!!! Thanks for making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Belinda · Married on 06/13/2015

As soon as my now husband and I walked into The Ballantyne Hotel, we knew that this was where we wanted to celebrate our big day. We had a personal hotel liaison, Allison, who assisted us throughout our wedding process. She kept in touch with us as well as our wedding planner, Erin from Carolina Event Design, to keep us in the know of everything for our big day. Their design studio was the perfect place to meet with my wedding planner and we LOVED our tasting! The hardest part was narrowing down what to choose-everything was amazing! On our big day, Ballantyne gave us a beautiful space for us to prep for our hair and makeup. The entire staff was hard at work while we relaxed and enjoyed getting ready. The space for our ceremony and reception were incredible. We used the South Lawn on the 18th green for our ceremony and the Fairway Ballroom for our 100 person wedding. It was perfect! My family and friends were blown away with the exceptional service and professionalism of the entire staff from Ballantyne. They even let us exit on a golf cart and gave us a complimentary suite for our wedding night! I would highly recommend any bride to use Ballantyne. Their spaces are beautiful, but their staff are the true shining stars! Our big day would not have been the same without them!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Michelle · Married on 10/18/2014

The Ballantyne is as beautiful as it looks. Having a wedding here may cost some extra bucks but it is sooo worth it. The breathtaking views and gorgeous hotel are just divine! Initially Jody Young was helping us but went out on maternity leave and ended up staying home. Sue Bayrd was then assigned to us, she was new, but did an amazing job. Ballantyne has hosted hundreds of weddings so they know all the small details that other people may forget. We also had a wedding planner and together Tina and Sue were fantastic. I didn't have to worry about anything. Sue was very helpful and allowed me to relax on my wedding day. I could text or call her anytime I needed. She was available and knowledgeable about everything. I highly recommend this venue if you want perfection for your wedding!

Sent on 10/29/2014

sarahi · Married on 05/23/2014

There really is nothing bad I can say about the Ballantyne. When it comes to weddings, they know what they're doing! Alli Hall was my coordinator and she was absolutely amazing. They couldn't have made things easier for me. They are a bit pricey but for everything I got, the beautiful location, and my peace of mind, it was definitely worth it! My wedding was absolutely amazing and if I did it again I would change nothing.

Sent on 05/31/2014

From start to finish, having our wedding at the Ballantyne Hotel was the best experience I could have ever wished for. Monica was a pleasure to work with from as early as when we were first just looking at the hotel as a potential venue, through contract signing. Jody Young was our main point of contact thereafter to help us through all aspects of planning everything that was correlated with the hotel and what was included in our package. She was reliable, trustworthy, and such a sweet-natured person – so much so that we ended up deciding to hire Jody as our dedicated day of coordinator to operate the logistics of the entire wedding. Jody’s attention to detail is phenomenal, which made for a stress-free, wonderful wedding day. The level of service that we experienced from the Ballantyne Hotel was top quality, and I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 06/19/2014

Tina · Married on 04/18/2014

We hade our reception dinner at the resort and they were wonderful. It is by far the prettiest place in Ballantyne. They catered to every need and we couldn't have asked for more. Special thanks to our waitress Michelle, she was great!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Carol · Married on 10/18/2013

This venue was perfect for my daughters wedding. Her wedding was planned in 7 weeks and with the help of Alli (event manager) and Heather (Carolina Wedding Design) it was perfect. The kids wanted an intimate and romantic wedding. The Ballantyne was the right choice. They had their ceremony in the Carolina Room, cocktail hour on the balcony and we all went down the stairs to a patio on the 18th green. It was just what they wanted. The service was impeccable and the food is out of this world. The guest were blown away by the service and food. They are top notch all the way.

Sent on 10/24/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/12/2013

We just had our entire wedding weekend at the Ballantyne Hotel. We held our Rehearsal at The Lodge, wedding ceremony and reception at the hotel as well as a Farewell Breakfast. We can't say enough about how wonderful everything was from the planning stages all the way up to the wedding day. We worked with both Adair and Alli. Adair in Sales was so great. She answered all of our questions and made us feel comfortable about our decisions of hosting the wedding there. Alli handled all the planning and catering. She was absolutely wonderful. Just a joy to work with. Both The Lodge and The Hotel are just beautiful. The entire staff is so helpful and kind. All our guests were so impressed with the hotel. The staff went above and beyond for us. The food was outstanding and all our guests had the best time. I can't imagine holding a wedding anywhere else!! The service, staff, and hotel itself...all exceptional. Ballantyne is just perfection!

Sent on 10/20/2013

Melissa · Married on 03/23/2013

The Ballantyne Hotel provided everything a bride and groom are looking for from a venue and more. The staff at the Ballantyne including Jody Young made our wedding day/weekend incrediable. We wanted to avoid using several vendors for different things and were pleased the Ballantyne offered several packages and solutions for us to avoid the headaches of dealing with even more vendors. We held our ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and even our morning after brunch at the Hotel. Several of our guests stayed at the hotel and many of them enjoyed the spa, golf and the local attractions. This made our wedding not just a wedding but a long weekend for everyone to celebrate together thanks to The Ballantyne! The level of service is the best in the industry and by far the best in Charlotte. If you are looking for the perfect place to have your dream wedding that all of your guests talk about you will be extremely impressed with The Ballantyne Hotel.

Sent on 04/09/2013

Sandra · Married on 03/22/2013

Our wedding at the Ballantyne hotel was everything I had dreamed to have in my wedding. People at the Ballantyne hotel really care about offering you the best service for your wedding. We had a small wedding and since the first moment we talked with a staff member about having our venue there everything just went very good. Our wedding was gorgeous and the person who helped us, Jody was such a nice person who cared about what we wanted all the time. She was there since the first time we met her to start preparing everything until the day of our wedding checking that everything was going well. I will always remember my beautiful wedding there and I would recommend any person the Ballantyne hotel because definitely this is the right place.

Sent on 12/11/2013

Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge was far above the rest of the venues we looked at on all accounts. We were immediately greeted by smiling and helpful staff during each visit to the property. The property is very elegant and the attention to detail is impeccable from the landscaping to the layout inside the building.

Our Event Manager, Alli Hall, did an exceptional job and was in close contact with us during the planning period. Since we live in the New York City area, Alli had regular conference calls and email contact with us to help make our special day picture perfect. She also worked seamlessly with us and our local wedding planner on the fine details. All staff at Ballantyne was happy to help with anything that needed to be addressed. Alli did a great job with our event order, and helped make sure no details were overlooked. Specifically, she worked with us to make sure that the linens, chairs, china settings, and anything else with our reception all worked together. In the event that Alli was unable to meet with us, she made sure that another qualified staff member provided us with whatever we needed.

Many thanks to everyone at Ballantyne who made our wedding ceremony and reception a lifelong memory for us and our guests. We strongly recommend having your event at Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge.

Sent on 05/16/2013

Katrina · Married on 10/20/2012

This hotel was stunning! From the minute we walked in, we knew this was the venue for us. The staff, the grounds, the entire hotel was just picture perfect! Everyone was very welcoming and accommodating. Truly, hospitality at its finest. The BEST Event Manager to work with was Alli Hall as she was always there to answer any questions and guides us through the entire process of planning a wedding. Everything was beautiful and I couldn't have been happier with choosing the Ballantyne to host my most memorable day!

Sent on 12/10/2012

Helen · Married on 06/16/2012

The staff at the Ballantyne Hotel are absolutely the best. If you are a stressed out bride like I was you will need a wedding venue and hotel staff that is very accommodating and as a wedding venue and hotel they are just that. The best

Sent on 05/17/2014

Lisa · Married on 03/31/2012

My experience at Ballantyne resort was truly a dream come true. This venue was definitely the best value for the product received. Close attention was given to every detail. All of their efforts attributed to a very enchanting evening for us all.
    My wedding planning process could not have been better with Carrie. She was always available, provided very helpful recommendations and was a breath of fresh air during hectic moments. The staff was very receptive to last minute and unexpected changes and adapted with ease.
    On the day of my wedding, Carrie knew what I needed/wanted before I could ask and made sure that all of my wishes were carried out. Additionally, she and the resort staff made sure that my guests, parents and bridal party were treated with white glove service at all times. I could not have asked for a better experience. I would highly recommend this venue and planner to anyone.

Sent on 05/03/2012

Cintasha · Married on 03/31/2012

Absolutely perfect...flawless...spectacular in EVERY WAY IMAGINABLE! I really picked a great one. You will find that everything and everybody is spectacular there. Mrs. Kelly Randazzo and Mrs. Alli Hall were absolutely amazing. I would go with a separate planner if you need "all inclusive planning services though." Overall, I felt like a princess and my day was perfect...EVERYONE AROUND ME MADE SURE OF IT! You are lucky if you are having your special day here! They took every ounce of stress and gave me positive energy all along the way!

Sent on 06/13/2012

Kelly · Married on 10/15/2011

PERFECT VENUE! My husband and I had the best wedding weekend experience at the Ballantyne Hotel! Most of our guests were out of towners and stayed at the resort and were thrilled with the accommodations, service and all around experience. Erin Hunter (my wedding associate at the hotel) was amazing to work with and they catered to our every need. They have great wedding packages and are able to work with any budget. The food was outstanding and all of our guests keep telling us it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to. We had our ceremony on the south lawn overlooking the golf course and the reception was in the ballroom. FABULOUS experience! We would love to do it all over again!

Sent on 11/08/2011
  • W

Christina · Married on 08/01/2009

We had our reception at The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge in August. It was truly a memorable experience. Our guests are still talking about how impressed they were with the service, how beautiful the hotel is, the delicious menu and how much fun they had! Most of our guests were visiting from out of town, so it was great for them to have a wonderful place to stay for the wedding. Our whole planning process was virtually effortless, and our catering sales manager was so proactive, helpful and such a joy to work with. The Ballantyne is definitely THE place to have a wedding in Charlotte, as it is hard to match the quality, service and value that you will find here.

Sent on 09/30/2009

Robin · Married on 07/24/2009

Our wedding at Ballantyne can be described in one word FLAWLESS!!! I'm still receiving compliments from our guests who were amazed at how friendly and professional the entire staff at the hotel was. From the minute our guests arrived to check in for the weekend, they were treated like royalty. Our reception was absolutely perfect and the food was INCREDIBLE! We are so glad that we chose The Ballantyne for our special day!

Sent on 09/30/2009