The Ballantyne Reviews

The Ballantyne 3
The Ballantyne 4
The Ballantyne 5

Scott Moore · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Amazing experience for our Son's wedding weekend!

We recently hosted our family & friends for my son's wedding at the Ballantyne Resort. The wedding took place in Rock Hill, SC which is about 20 minutes south of Ballantyne. Our guests enjoyed the beautiful surroundings, wonderful service, golf, spa and dinning during the weekend at the Ballantyne Resort. Emily Brandewie, our Catering Sales Manager was a joy to work with from the very beginning - always responsive and extremely helpful in getting our family rooms and hospitality suite all set up. I would recommend 100% the Ballantyne Team to make your wedding a dream come true.

Sent on 05/31/2019

The Ballantyne's reply:

Thank you so much! We are extremely grateful for your kind words. Our passion is to create the best and most memorable wedding experience possible. Thank you for trusting us!
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 10/26/2019

Awesome Venue!

The Ballantyne Hotel was the perfect venue for our wedding. We thoroughly enjoyed how easy they made the whole process and we had an amazing time. What we enjoyed the most was that guests were able to stay on site which made the whole weekend so much fun! All our family and friends were staying in the same resort which made the weekend that much more exciting. All the food was delicious and portion sizes were perfect. Our guests were full of compliments over the cocktail hour and dinner selections! The staff working our wedding were also fantastic, they did an excellent job in ensuring all guests received the proper dinner entrée and were very courteous! If we were to do it all over again, we would still choose Ballantyne for our wedding ceremony and reception! It was an incredible weekend!

The Ballantyne 6
    Sent on 11/11/2019

The Ballantyne's reply:

Oh Kristina, thank you for your amazing review. We appreciate you trusting us with such a special weekend and hope you will return time and time again for future anniversary celebrations. The pleasure was all ours!
  • Ann

Ann · Married on 11/17/2018

Our Indian Wedding Reception at The Ballantyne

The Ballantyne Hotel is obviously a beautiful location, but what really makes this the perfect event venue is the staff. From booking to planning to the day-of staff, we were beyond impressed by how warm, welcoming the staff there handled our wedding planning process.

We worked with Emily in sales and Rebecca in events and have nothing but high praise for both of them! They were such a dream to work with and ensured our 250 person event ran smoothly. They're so good at making sure everything has been thought out logistically and really work with you to make your creative ideas come to life.

Being a food blogger, I was especially excited to get the chance to create a custom food menu with the culinary team. Our guests were excited and delighted by our wedding menu :)

I would HIGHLY recommend The Ballantyne Hotel for your wedding or event!

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Haley

Haley · Married on 09/22/2018

For my wedding weekend I wanted to stay somewhere I knew would take care of me, my wedding party, and my husband! However, The Ballantyne went above and beyond! Emily (Director of Catering) had cookies and Pierre delivered when I checked in. Then the day of the wedding they had the room fully decorated with roses, candles, chilled champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Emily and The Ballantyne helped to make my weekend one to remember. The attention to detail and service was worth every penny!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Melissa · Married on 09/01/2018

I've always thought that the Ballantyne was beautiful but never dreamed that I could afford to get married there. When I got engaged, I figured why not see what they have to offer and boy, was I surprised! Not only did I plan a budget friendly wedding at the Ballantyne, but it was still full of all those special touches that make the Ballantyne so wonderful. My guests were wowwed with the hotel and grounds itself, but food and staff were also amazing. It's been a month and a half and I still hear from my guests that the food was the best they've ever had at a wedding. And what's more, I enjoyed every second of my day because I knew that there was a great team of Ballantyne staffers making sure that every detail was just right!

Sent on 06/14/2011

The Ballantyne's reply:

Thank you so much, Melissa. We are so grateful to have been a part of your wedding weekend!

Khristen · Married on 07/06/2018

What could I say to really provide a lasting impact on anyone who reads this? If you are considering the Ballantyne- look NO further. Dee and Allison are the upper echelon of those in their profession, and the southern charm that comes with the Ballantyne is unbeatable. My guests were amazed with the Ballantyne’s top notch organization, the impeccable food and the beautiful ambiance. I couldn’t have asked for more from the Ballantyne (except for maybe more of their amazing food). I cannot wait to for my husband and I to go back and just take it all in! You will not be disappointed with the Ballantyne!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Miranda · Married on 05/27/2018

Booking The Ballantyne for my wedding venue was one of the best decisions I made while planning my wedding. I booked the largest ballroom for my ceremony and reception. The Ballantyne was so on top of everything and were very flexible when I decided to not have the ceremony outdoors. They made every step of the process very special for me (the bride). From touring to tastings, it was all done perfectly. When booking with the Ballantyne, they have a venue planner that will work with you. Allison was the planner who worked with us and she helped make my vision come to life. She was always organized and had everything all together. The day of the wedding, she was there behind the scenes helping run the show and make sure the day went perfectly - which it did. The staff was amazing and went above and beyond. The food was impeccable -- definitely not your average wedding food. We had the tenderloin of beef, chicken and Scottish salmon as meat options on the menu. They were all so good, it was hard for me to choose which one I wanted for my meal and don't get me started about the potato sides (AMAZING). We also had them pass around hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour, which was great! The bar made two specialty cocktails for us to share with our guests -- one was a more fruity drink, while the other had a whisky twist -- both were delicious. This venue works frequently with a lot of the vendors I chose for my wedding, so they were able to facilitate with drapery, lighting, etc. In addition, the whole atmosphere of The Ballantyne radiates elegance and sophistication. If you are looking for a perfect venue spot, this is the place!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Priya · Married on 04/07/2018

Ballantyne is ultra-professional, and a delight to work with. The entire team went out of their way to make sure every detail was exactly what we wanted. We loved working with them and would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Amy · Married on 03/30/2018

Our guests stayed at Ballantyne for our wedding. It was a beautiful place with very professional staff. The rooms and views were amazing! Everyone raves about their stay! I have been to many weddings where guests are scattered all over the hotel and the staff at Ballantyne did their best to make sure most of us were all on the same floor which I loved!

The Ballantyne 7
    Sent on 04/06/2018

Rhonda · Married on 11/18/2017

I am still in awe of the incredible service my family and I received from Dee Wood, Ashley Faulkenberry and the entire staff at The Ballantyne Hotel!! My wedding was beyond exceptional! No question went unanswered, no concern went unaddressed and no request was unmet!!! From the delicious menu to our stay, anything we requested, Ashley made sure we got it!! Ashley even fixed my wedding dress bustle before the reception!!! There is no better venue than The Ballantyne Hotel! The food was phenomenal and prepared to perfection and our honeymoon suite was decorated with roses and included wine, chocolate covered strawberries and the sweetest, congratulatory note! It was truly a dream come true!!

Sent on 12/05/2017

The Ballantyne's reply:

Rhonda, thank you so much for your kind words! We are grateful for the opportunity to help celebrate your special day, and it was a pleasure working with you!

Paul · Married on 11/11/2017

Dee what a marvelous time we had at your hotel. The Ballantyne, from the Bell-hops to the check in staff to the cleaning staff to the bartenders and restaurant staff were absolutely amazing. We know what excellent service is about and you must be proud to work in such an environment. We cannot thank the staff enough. Please pass on to all the aforementioned our sincere thank you.
    Everyone of our friends went out of their way to comment on the hotel and how pleased they were.

Sent on 11/24/2017

The Ballantyne's reply:

The pleasure was ours! Thank you for trusting us with your daughter's special weekend.

Caroline · Married on 11/04/2017

The Ballantyne Hotel made dreams come true!! When we first began our wedding venue search we were in contact with Dee Woods. She showed us all around the hotel and the Lodge. She sat with us and went through all the possible options not once but twice. She was excellent! Once we set the date we were passed on the Allison Meyer! She went above and beyond from start to finish. She sat down with us in the beginning and helped us figure out all the various things we needed to plan (most of it had nothing to do with the venue-planners, flowers, hair/make-up, band, etc)! Once we got our vendors lined up she met with us to go over linens, set-up of the ballroom, and the food tasting. Her knowledge and experience helped give great opinions and advice on what had worked well in the past and what wasn't such a great idea. Several weeks prior to the wedding we had a meeting and she literally went through every aspect of the wedding from the beginning of the wedding day through the end of the wedding. No question was left unanswered! She worked with our wedding planner to make sure each detail was planned and carried out just how we had discussed. Allison was always quick to respond to email and very patient when I had a busy work schedule. Allison is amazing!! The venue itself is stunning. The service from anyone we encountered was nothing short of wonderful!! The food was fantastic! We had so many compliments of how great everything tasted and how well everything was coordinated! We had a large part of wedding guest come in from out of town so it was great that all the events were in and around the hotel. There is also a lot surrounding the hotel to keep out of town guest entertained!The Ballantyne Hotel was everything I could have dreamed of for a wedding! I wouldn't have changed a thing about the whole weekend! If you are thinking about getting married at The Ballantyne Hotel DO IT! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/15/2018

M. Sean · Married on 10/21/2017

My husband and I just had our wedding here this past weekend and it was fantastic and truly a once in a life time experience.

We were concerned in finding a venue that was willing to host a same sex marriage. But the Ballantyne staff embraced us and welcomed us.

Dee Woods was our first point of contact and she was very helpful in answering our questions and showing us around the property.

Once we decided on the Ballantyne and the contract was signed we meet with Allison Meyer who ended up being our Wedding Coordinator and Planner. She did a incredible job from start to finish,

The menu for our wedding had come from other venue we were considering but did not choose and when we met with Allison we asked if she could use the menu that we had already selected. She did and with the help of the Chef they replicated it for our wedding with a few tweaks and our guest raved about our food all night.

Allison was attentive and responsive to all our questions and concerns and was available by phone or email to answer questions. I would say without her I am not sure how well our wedding would have turned out.

From the time we checked into the Ballantyne for our wedding until we checked the hotel staff was very attentive to all of our needs including our guests. When we need the van to shuttle us to an area restaurant or for pick up they were prompt.

We also had a Spa treatment the day of our wedding and it was a great experience. The Spa staff was friendly and attentive to our needs and made our wedding day more relaxing and enjoyable for us.

I would highly recommend the Ballantyne for anyone's wedding.

Sent on 10/26/2017

The Ballantyne's reply:

What kind and wonderful words! Thank you for sharing your experience. We are grateful that you celebrated with us!

Mandy · Married on 09/30/2017

Words can’t begin to describe the outstanding service and hospitality the Ballantyne Resort and Hotel provided as our wedding venue at the end of Sept. From our initial meeting with Emily, our catering sales manger, to our first meeting with Ashley, our wedding coordinator we could not have been more pleased! Anytime we had questions or ideas to think through, both ladies were readily available for anything we needed. As far as the day of our wedding- absolutely a fairy tale! We were married on the South Lawn in picture perfect weather. Our guests were treated to a cocktail hour afterwards in the atrium, while the wedding party was able to have our own little party in a private room before the reception began. The reception was held in the Grand Ballroom and was picture perfect! The food was phenomenal! Ashley was right there with us the entire night and even checked in with us the next morning. We highly recommend the Ballantyne Resort and Hotel to anyone who is planning their wedding!

The Ballantyne 8
    Sent on 12/29/2017

The Ballantyne's reply:

Mandy, thank you for such kind words! We are grateful to have been a part of your special day!

Nicole · Married on 07/14/2017

Thanks to the staff from beginning to end we had an amazing day! Our honeymoon suite was decorated very beautifully and created such a romantic atmosphere. The service was phenomenal and we are so very grateful!!

The Ballantyne 9
    The Ballantyne 10

The Ballantyne's reply:

Thank you for trusting us with your special day! Congratulations!

Brooke · Married on 06/24/2017

We had our wedding at the Ballantyne Hotel in June 2017 and it was such a wonderful day! Every detail was planned and handled with care. We hired Allison Meyer as our Day-Of Coordinator and she was amazing. Allison met with us throughout the year planning our special weekend and accomodating every last detail, from lodging for guests, creating our timelines, communicating with vendors, and everything in between. Any time we reached out we heard back from her very quickly helping us with anything that we needed. She helped guide us through choosing the best vendors in the area and working with each of them to make our day spectacular and perfect for us. We love how we were able to create such a personalized wedding experience to represent us and have a great party for our guests. Allison made sure that every single detail was perfect!
    Allison and the Ballantyne were so accomodating in dealing with the weather and moving our ceremony space accordingly, quickly and efficiently. All of the staff throughout the hotel (concierge, reception, bartenders, restaurant staff, golf, etc) are clearly well trained in luxury customer service working diligently to meet all of our needs and our guests needs, as well.
    The spaces throughout the hotel are just gorgeous and the hotel itself offers so many options to guests that there's something for everyone. The spa, the pool, the golf course, the restaurants, etc were all spectacular! It is also centrally located in Ballantyne with easy access to many local restaurants and stores, etc. We used the hotel shuttle to go to the nearby Starbucks and it was so easy!
    Everyone continues to rave about the food and drinks at our reception - we have never been disappointed by the Ballantyne food! Everything is so delicious and it's clear that care is taken in making each meal and drink there.
    We would do it all over again at the Ballantyne Hotel with Allison Meyer if we could! Maybe a vow renewal in the future ;-)

Sent on 07/24/2017

The Ballantyne's reply:

Brooke, we are so appreciative of your kind words. Thank you for a sincere and thoughtful review. We are so happy you celebrated with us!

Jessica · Married on 06/09/2017

Our wedding at the Ballantyne Hotel was truly one of the best days of our lives. Everything from the food, drinks, service, ambiance, and setting was outstanding! The staff at the hotel were professional and accommodating. Our day of coordinator, Ashley, was remarkable! She responded to all of my emails quickly and offered helpful insight to create a wonderful wedding. Her organizational skills and attention to detail left me stress free on the day of the wedding as I knew she had everything under control. I would highly recommend The Ballantyne Hotel for your wedding if you want a sophisticated wedding with breathtaking views.

Sent on 09/21/2017

The Ballantyne's reply:

Jessica, what kind words! A million thank yous for sharing your compliments with us. Thank you for celebrating at The Ballantyne!

Dianna · Married on 05/19/2017

Everything was perfect. Didn't have to ask for anything. The service personnel attended to every aspect every need for the entire wedding.

The Ballantyne's reply:

Dianna, thank you for your kind words and for trusting us with your special day. We are grateful!

Diana · Married on 04/15/2017

Staff was pretty professional and helpful, ready to work with you on any single detail. We think the service charge is somehow high. Other then that wonderful experience!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Valerie · Married on 04/14/2017

We got married in April at the Ballantyne, and could not have picked a better venue! Everything from the warm/ inviting staff, the Spa service, our amazing wedding coordinator (Miss Allison Meyer) was perfect. The hotel and grounds are so beautiful and everyone enjoyed their stay so much. Although on the pricey side, they are absolutely worth every penny. We hope to be back again very soon. I don't think you could find better service anywhere.

Sent on 06/23/2017

The Ballantyne's reply:

Valerie, thank you! We are grateful for your kind words and are thrilled that we could help with the celebration!

angie · Married on 01/28/2017

My daughter had a January wedding at The Lodge....perfection! The venue (with fireplace!) was perfect for a winter wedding. The service was impeccable. The food was delicious and the staff (thank you, Allison Meyer!) was incredibly helpful. Nothing was left to chance. My daughter had her dream wedding!
    Additionally my sister hosted a bridesmaid's luncheon at the Ballantyne Hotel and it was really well done, too. The venue was lovely and the food was yummy. Of course the staff was terrific.
    I would not hesitate to recommend The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge for a wedding. They really do a fabulous job!

Sent on 05/04/2017

The Ballantyne's reply:

Angie, thank you for trusting us with your daughter's big day. We enjoyed working with you and are so appreciative of your kind words.

Gail · Married on 11/05/2016

The wedding experience we had at Ballantyne went without a hitch (no pun intended). Every person we encountered was kind, helpful, professional and first class. We would recommend them any time. It was worth every penny!!

The Ballantyne's reply:

Thank you so much, Gail, for your positive review! We appreciate you sharing your special day with us!

Kristin · Married on 10/15/2016

We love working with Alison, she was awesome!

Sent on 10/07/2017

The Ballantyne's reply:

Thank you so much, Kristin! We are so glad to have Allison on our team. Thank you for celebrating with us!

Caitlin · Married on 10/08/2016

Yes, this venue is not inexpensive, however, you do get what you pay for! The food, service, atmosphere at the Lodge, rooms, and customer service were all outstanding. Allison Meyer is a star and if you get a chance to hire her as your wedding planner, do! She does it all and allows the hosts to relax and enjoy the event fully. Although it rained and we couldn't enjoy the outside patio at The Lodge for our cocktail hour, everything ran seamlessly even with a change to the inside. I cannot think of a more beautiful setting and we received rave reviews from all who attended. If you want to give your guests an event to remember, this is the place!

Sent on 10/11/2016

vincent · Married on 09/24/2016

We held our daughter's wedding at the Ballantyne Resort and housed our guest there also. We started planning 6 months in advance. We met with our event coordinator (Allison Myer) monthly leading up to the big day, than more frequently as needed. We held the ceremony rehearsal, the wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and wedding reception at the hotel. We finished off the weekend by providing breakfast for our guest before their departure on Sunday.

We couldn't have been happier with the outcome. A truly outstanding wedding supported by professional people who are excellent at their craft. My daughter and our guest are still abuzz. They will be talking about the facilities, guest rooms and wedding for sometime to come.

Additionally, unfortunately we had a guest get sick and had to be taken to the hospital during the weekend. The hotel staff, completely handled the situation, including getting him back from the hospital to the hotel that evening. Allowing the wedding to proceed without interruption. Definitely world class customer service.

My princess is extremely pleased and so is her dad!

Sent on 09/28/2016