The Baking Grounds Reviews

The Baking Grounds 5
The Baking Grounds 6
The Baking Grounds 7

Marenda · event on 06/13/2015

Amazingly beautiful and tasty cakes were made by the Baking Grounds for my 25th anniversary celebration! They listened carefully to my design ideas and turned them into reality! I highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 06/16/2015

Brittany · Married on 05/09/2015

Our cake was FABULOUS! Since I live abroad, my mom and sister were able to go to the tasting for me. Everything was done professionally and the options they provided were great. We simply gave them a picture of what we were looking for and they went beyond the call of duty! Originally we asked for a fake bottom layer to the cake which is what we paid for and on the day off, the baker decided she didn't like how the fake layer looked, so she gave us a REAL cake layer free of charge. The cake tasted AMAZING and looked fabulous not to mention it held up perfectly in the 85 degree heat (which we were really worried about!) Wonderful experience with The Baking Grounds and we will DEFINITELY be using them in the future!

Sent on 05/14/2015
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/02/2015

Malinda and The Baking Grounds knocked my wedding cake out of the PARK. We had a 4-tiered, beauuuutiful white and butter cream cake. I had large rosettes on the bottom layer, beautiful horizontal stripes on the second, mini rosettes on the third, and then on the top layer that we took home, they did a beautiful lace overlay design that matched my dress impeccably. Plus, it was delicious!! Thank you for everything, the cake was PERFECT!

Sent on 05/15/2015

Katherine · Married on 04/11/2015

Having worked with Malinda while in the wedding planning business, I knew she was the one I wanted to go with! I had seen so many of her cakes and tasted them so it was an easy choice because you can't beat the beauty and taste of her masterpieces! I had something specific in mind and she took it to the next level and surpassed all of my expectations!! It was absolutely beautiful and, of course, was delicious! My guests raved about it! My husband loves cheesecake so, naturally, he wanted cheesecake for his groom cake. YUM!! The cheesecakes she made were to die for!! Working with Malinda is such a pleasure! She is so sweet, cares so much about her client and their wants and needs and makes the whole process easy! Thank you Baking Grounds for the perfect wedding cake/Grooms Cake!!!!

Sent on 04/24/2015

Brooke · Married on 02/08/2015

They provided a beautiful cake and was able to make a tier gluten free for me.

Sent on 02/20/2015

Tay · Married on 01/16/2015

By far the best tasting as well as best looking cake I've ever had at a wedding! My guests raved over how delicious the cake was

Sent on 05/29/2015

Hanna · Married on 01/03/2015

Our wedding cakes were SO delicious! They did a great job with the design of our cakes as well. All of my guest raved about how beautiful and delicious our cakes were!!

Sent on 02/17/2015

Melinda was a true joy to work with! She and her team jumped through hoops to give me the exact wedding cake I wanted! And at a good value, too. She designed a gourmet cupcake tower for us, and it was a favorite at the wedding. The Baking Grounds was the perfect pick... just go in the shop and you'll know it's a place that brings happiness. :)

Sent on 02/01/2015

Morgan · Married on 12/06/2014

THE MOST DELICIOUS CAKE OF ALL TIME!! so moist and fresh and she uses buttercream icing not fondant which I LOVE. I got a very large 5 tier cake with 5 differwnt flavors each one incredibly good. It was a beautiful design and truly another decoration to my wedding. Loveeee them can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 12/10/2014

Megan · Married on 11/07/2014

Got my wedding cake and grooms cake for my November 7, 2014 wedding. The cake was amazing - it looked just like my pictures not to mention how good it tasted. So happy with everything and would strongly recommend to anyone !!

Sent on 11/16/2014

This bakery is fabulous! I had a very small wedding, with a very small wedding cake, but they took the time to sit down with me and find out exactly what I wanted! The cake tasted great as well.

Sent on 10/26/2014

Tina · Married on 08/23/2014

I got so many compliments on our wedding cake. It was beautiful and delicious.

Sent on 09/09/2014

Nikita · Married on 07/26/2014

We enjoyed working with The Baking Grounds! It was very easy and enjoyable working with them, they did an amazing job on our wedding cake, we are still getting comments on how amazing our cake both looked and tasted!

Sent on 08/05/2014
  • Tamika and Hughie

Tamika · Married on 06/08/2014

Fabulous! Gorgeous! Delicious! When I tell you the price and taste beats Publix and many other bakeries. It was amazing. I'm so grateful for their service. I plan to use them for all important events in my life.

Sent on 06/30/2014
  • User4192636 · 2+ years ago

We had wedding guests who said they don't even like cake, rave about our wedding cake! This place uses real buttercream frosting and no fondant. The cake was beautiful, with multiple flavors and chocolate mouse filling. There was absolutely none left! Every bit was eaten! This was a great value, best cake around (even better than a long standing local favorite that I almost went with), and we highly recommend this great bakery. Could not be better! The cake was beautiful and as classy as every other detail in our wedding. We loved it!

Sent on 06/22/2014

Lexie · Married on 06/01/2014

The cake was delicious! The cake was provided as part of our contact with our venue. I had many guests tell me it was a wonderful cake. It looked exactly like I had asked for it to look also. We did a tasting at their store and they were very friendly and accommodating.

Sent on 06/09/2014
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 05/10/2014

Absolutely loved my wedding cake!!! I took a picture with me to the tasting and I was sure that to get the look I wanted they would have to use fondant icing but they assured me they could use normal icing and get the look I wanted... And they were right! It was exactly what I wanted and even now (almost a year later) we are still having people tell us how our wedding cake was the best wedding cake they have ever had. Would highly recommend them :)

Sent on 03/21/2015

I would recommend The Baking Ground to everyone. The taste was fantastic! The cake was a very unusual and we provided a picture and they matched it perfectly. If you are looking for people to work with you and make you feel that everything would be as you requested then call The Baking Grounds.

Sent on 04/16/2014

Donna · Married on 03/22/2014

The wedding cakes were beautiful and so yummy!
    I highly recommend using them to bake your wedding cake and grooms cake.

Sent on 05/02/2014

Dionne · Married on 01/25/2014

Our wedding cake was amazing. Melinda was so helpful with helping us pick out every minute detail of our cake. It was simply delicious and our guest loved it. We couldn't have picked a better vendor. People rant and rave about their cakes all the time, and now we're hooked. We really appreciate all of the hard work you guys did to make our dream a reality. Thank you again.

Sent on 01/31/2014

Erika · Married on 01/04/2014

This was the hardest vendor for me to choose. I am from Brazil and our cakes aren't as dense as american cakes. I kept looking for a vendor whom I was confident that the decoration and the texture of the cake would be nothing but awesome!!! After visiting several bakeries, I found The Baking Ground and from the moment I walked into her shop to the moment I tasted her cake, I was in heaven!!!! My maid of honor was with me and she was so happy that we had finaly found "THE ONE" !!! My expression said a thousand words... I was so happy. Malinda provided us with the grooms cake, the wedding cake, brownie bites and rice crispy treats.. They did a fabolous job on all of it! These are very talented professionals who will work hard to make sure the sweet part of your special day is perfect :-) Thanks Malinda!!

Sent on 02/03/2014

Kimberly · Married on 11/22/2013

I came into the Baking Grounds with a picture of a cake that I loved and really wanted for my wedding. Unfortunately it was out of my budget. I was nervous since it was the only design I really loved but they assured me they would make it look as similar as possible within my budget. One the day of my wedding I was blown away! It was perfect!!! I could not believe how close to the picture it was and no one could tell it wasn't exactly the same cake! Oh, and did I mention it was delicious!

Sent on 12/13/2013

Marie · Married on 10/26/2013

Our florist told us about this bakery and I'm so glad she did. This bakery has amazing pastries and food and none of it disappointed. We got our groomsman cake and wedding cake here. The value of our cake was more than I ever expected. We got nothing but positive reviews and many inquiries to where we got our cake. If anyone is looking for real genuine cakes baked by amazing people go here!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Khwanda · Married on 10/16/2013

My cake and the grooms cake from The Baking Grounds were absolutely beautiful. THe cakes tasted delicious! My guests commented on how moist the cakes were and I almost didnt have any to take home!!! Melinda was fabulous and also provided the silver stands for the cakes.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Lauri · Married on 08/31/2013

Melinda,
    Thank you for the amazing job you did on our cake! At the last minute we decided to add cupcakes to our candy buffett and boy are we glad we did. We were lucky enough to get some of the strawberry layer of the cake to take with us but not so lucky to able to taste the rest of the cake and cupcakes because they were all GONE! Everyone was raving at the quality and taste of the cake and cupcakes! I can't wait to visit your store again when I come back to town to get some amazing cupcakes!!

Sent on 09/04/2013