The Baking Grounds Reviews

The Baking Grounds 6
The Baking Grounds 7
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/29/2016

We enjoyed meeting with Melinda and selecting our cake! She made it all very easy and the cake was beautiful and delicious!!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Bre · Married on 10/01/2016

We had the Baking Grounds do our wedding cake, and we had such a great experience working with them! We got married at Lake Lanier and the venue recommended The Baking Grounds. I'm so glad we chose them. They were very attentive to every detail we provided and super easy to work with. Malinda was especially great and is super sweet (pun intended). The cake looked so beautiful on the wedding day and tasted amazing. It was everything I had imagined. Apart from the wedding cake, when we were doing the cake testing we got to see the place itself. SO cute inside! I can't wait to be back in town to eat there for breakfast or lunch!!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Brooke · Married on 08/21/2016

You will be extremely pleased and have the most amazing wedding cake if you select The Baking Grounds. Our wedding cake was custom made. It was exactly what we wanted and the design was as though it had walked right out of our minds. We had a half & half. Half represented the bride and the other half was the groom. Blue velvet and marble. It was delicious and we had nothing but compliments and thrilled exclamations. You will not be disappointed. Malinda and her staff are outstanding! We also ordered assortment of baked goods for our guests that don't do cake and not a piece was left behind!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Amy · Married on 06/17/2016

I loved this little shop. They took the picture I showed them and made my dream cake. Prices were wonderful and the finished product showed up at Ashton Gardens absolutely perfect! We plan to return to buy a small cake for our one year anniversary.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Kathy · Married on 05/29/2016

We found this bakery through the recommendation of my niece who lives in the area ...My daughter's wedding was at Chateau Elan in Braselton, Ga. We went for a tasting, after trying several bakeries in Athens and Marietta, and LOVED the owner there, Malinda McCaslin right away! She answered my emails promptly and so kindly! She did our daughter's wedding cake to perfection...just like the picture we sent and the flavors perfectly done as well! It was so delicious that there wasn't a single piece left ( except for the bride and groom's!) at the end of the night! She also made 7 different flavored cheesecakes for our son-in-law's "grooms cake" table and displayed them in tiers with beautiful mercury candle holders placed exactly as we wanted next to the cakes! I would highly recommend this bakery for an over the top special wedding day!

Sent on 07/07/2016
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 04/30/2016

I am very excited for Malinda and her team to be doing our wedding cake. My family and I have used The Baking Brounds (at all their locations) through the years for birthdays and graduations and such, and for a good reason.. It's delicious!! Our tasting was a blast, we tried so many things and Malinda had great suggestions to help me piece together my vision. She also took detailed notes careful to capture the details I stressed as important to me. She even honored her old prices for me because her price chart had increased a few days before my appointment. Either way it's a great price point, I'm getting cake for 140-180 for under $500!! I really can't wait to see this cake come to life and edit my review after the wedding with all the wonderful things the guests will say.

Sent on 09/25/2015

nicholas · Married on 04/24/2016

My fiancé easily agreed when I wanted a cake buffet, ya know, 5-8 assorted cakes, pies or other treats. He however thought we would be getting them from Publix. It took a bit of discussions before I got him to agree to go to a tasting and if I hadn't scheduled it and told him there would be free cake, I'm not certain he would have gone. He had of course been to Publix and checked out their desserts online. He felt the choice had been made. Thankfully, he does go along and was so pleased. From the moment we walked through the door till Malinda sat down, he was like a kid in a candy store. We looked around at all the different styles and flipped through their design book. We liked her treats so much that we even decided to use some of the dipped items as out partying favors. They do offer cake plates but we chose to buy our own. They delivered and we never saw them on the day but their presence was definitely noted. In fact, so many people were commenting on the cakes that we moved up the cake cutting. When we returned from our honeymoon, we had some leftovers that had been left in the freezer. It unthawed well and still tasted great! (actually only got the "first bite" the night of so this was a nice surprise. Can't wait for our 1 year anniversary so that we can have that top layer : - )

Sent on 05/22/2016
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 03/26/2016

Malinda did a fantastic job on our wedding cake and everyone loved the flavor options provided. She incorporated the unique details that we were looking for throughout the design and my groom adores the custom grooms cake fashioned after our beloved Yorkie Ivan! Everything arrived on time and presented well to the guests and didn't mention how good the cake was! We had guests clamoring to take some home after the wedding . Do yourself a favor and check out Baking Grounds!

Sent on 03/31/2016

Julia · Married on 03/12/2016

My daughter recently got married (March 2016) and we had The Baking Grounds create her wedding cake. It was absolutely delicious and exactly what my daughter wanted. When you meet with the owner, Malinda, you have her total attention. She is professional, friendly and knowledgeable. My guests rated the wedding cake a "10".

Sent on 03/16/2016

Alexander · Married on 03/04/2016

The baking grounds were recommended to my wife and I as a preferred vendor for the Payne-Corley House. We now no why the Payne-Corely House stands behind the The Baking Grounds! They were super helpful with giving us a picture and price of what options they had available over the phone ( I was not near a computer at the time to access their very informative/updated website). We visited the shop for a sampling/tasting and loved how good the cake was! We decided to do a two tiered cake with a design my wife and I agreed on as well as 8 dozen cupcakes, which were offered as our party favor. We also chose the cupcakes to allow our guest to get a taste of what we experienced during the sampling which was all of the flavors were to good to decide just one. We ended up with a carrot cake, chocolate, white cake, and red velvet all with cream cheese icing. It was so good!!

Sent on 03/07/2016

Pam · Married on 02/13/2016

We loved everything about our cake from the first time we met Malinda at our tasting to our ceremony on 2/13/16 at Ashton Gardens when she brought my vision to life. The cake was delicious. Every tier of it! We will without a doubt use Malinda for future needs.

Sent on 02/26/2016

Staci · Married on 01/23/2016

The Baking Grounds not only creates fantastic wedding cakes, but delicious food too! We were so pleased with EVERY SINGLE interaction with Malinda and her fine staff! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! We wish you lived closer to us!

Sent on 02/07/2016

These guys are great. The time they spent with us going over their cake options and allowing us to taste the flavors of cake made our cake shopping so easy. They were the best option to go with and their professionalism was second to none. 10/10 in my book.

Sent on 09/14/2015

Samantha · Married on 12/04/2015

The Baking Grounds provided our wedding cake and did an amazing job! We selected a cannoli cream cake with a beautiful lace design on it and it was gorgeous!! But more importantly, it tasted DELICIOUS!! We couldn't have been happier!!!

Sent on 01/16/2016

Barbara · Married on 11/14/2015

We loved (and still love!) the Baking Grounds. They were highly recommended by our venue. They were great to meet with, had a wonderful variety of flavors, were flexible and helpful and priced well. Most importantly, everything tasted AMAZING! I recently stopped in to buy some cupcakes to remember how delicious our wedding cake was. If only they were closer to my house!

Sent on 06/20/2016

The wedding cake and grooms cake were not only gorgeous but delicious! My mother, mother in law, and I also really enjoyed the cake tasting day.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Malinda and her team at the Baking Grounds did an exceptional job with our wedding cake. We had requested a specific flourless hazelnut cake with strawberry torte and they were able to deliver on their promise. The cake was not only delicious but was artistically decorated. During the planning process, I showed them how I wanted the cake decorated with pictures from pinterest and they went above and beyond!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Just wanted to take a moment to brag on Malinda and The Baking Grounds! We ordered our wedding cake from The Baking Grounds and I am so very glad we did! The cake was exactly the way I had imagined it and was even more delicious!! We are still getting compliments from our friends and family about how beautiful the cake was and how they couldn't believe a classic yellow wedding cake could be so yummy. Also, the bakery itself is an adorable spot for breakfast! The atmosphere is very cute and cozy and the food smelled delicious! I can't wait to come back in sometime and try it! Thanks again Malinda!!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Richard · Married on 09/26/2015

Best tasting cake we have ever had. Orange and lemon. Delicious.

Sent on 10/10/2015

Bethany · Married on 09/19/2015

Malinda and the rest of the team at Baking Grounds were so wonderful! They helped direct me with the size of cake I would need, as well as the design. The cake was wonderful, so delicious. Many of my guests commented to me that it was "the best wedding cake they'd ever had". Cannot say enough good things about Baking Grounds! I would definitely recommend them to anyone planning a wedding in the area!!

Sent on 09/24/2015

Karen · Married on 09/04/2015

The cake we ordered was delicious and beautiful. I could not have been more pleased.

Sent on 09/06/2015

Lauren · Married on 08/22/2015

My family has been ordering cakes from Baking Grounds (and all their previous names/locations) for the past decade, so when my fiance and I got engaged, selecting the bakery for our wedding cake was a no-brainer. They are so sweet and easy to work with, and the end result was as beautiful and delicious as we expected. We went with a yellow cake with caramel buttercream filling and ivory buttercream frosting in a rustic finish. Our florist finished it off with fresh flowers placed on each tier with a fun "Mr. & Mrs." cake topper. Loved it and can't wait for our anniversary to eat it again!

Sent on 09/13/2015

Kristen · Married on 08/08/2015

Malinda is the sweetest lady. Her store is a so quaint & her cakes are not only beautiful but simply delicious. Needless to say, there wasn't much leftover. Our guests reviews were, "best wedding cake"!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Courtney · Married on 06/21/2015

My fiancee and I were very pleased with our tasting. From the initial contact to choosing our design and flavors, Melinda was patient, helpful and pleasant. Melina was extremely attentive and showed interest in our day. I'm excited to see and taste the final product! I imagine it will be nothing short of perfect!

Sent on 05/04/2015

Rachel · Married on 06/14/2015

We were so impressed with Melinda and the service we received from The Baking Grounds. My husband isn't much of a sweets person, but I looked over at him during our tasting and was shocked to see that he had eaten his entire (large) slice of cake! At our tasting, Melinda was very receptive to all of my different ideas and worked to put my favorite designs together into one unique and beautiful cake. I also appreciated that we received a discount for paying for the cake in full at our tasting. Our wedding cake not only looked great, but also tasted fantastic! Many of our guests complimented how great the cake tasted. Overall, we could not have picked a better vendor responsible for creating our cake!

Sent on 07/26/2015