The Baking Grounds Reviews

The Baking Grounds 7
  • Rachel

Rachel Flores · Married on 11/17/2018

Best Cake ever

I was originally going to just have Publix do my wedding cake, but after I met with the baker there, I did not have a good gut feeling that everything was going to be the way I wanted it to be. The cake surprisingly was the hardest part for me and my now husband to figure out. After talking to my florist, they recommended The Baking Grounds! Looked online and their cakes were Amazing!!!!! Went in and was able to try the different flavors, the woman that helped us gave her advice on the best filling for each specific cake, and even had a couple options for the top layer that she knew would last a while and still be fresh come the one-year anniversary. My guests raved about the cake and kept asking me where I had gotten it. It was sweet but not too sweet and you didn’t feel like 1,000 pounds after having a slice! I still go back to The Baking Grounds for birthday cakes and pastries! I went from dreading my wedding cake to absolutely loving it! I had a fragile cake topper and was able to leave it in their possession without any worry.

The Baking Grounds 8

Kimberly · Married on 11/03/2018

Delicous and Beautiful

Amazing cake and great design. Very easy to work with and delivered everything on time. I highly recommend them if you are look for a wedding cake!

• Shaina

Shaina Bellis · Married on 11/03/2018

Everything tasted so good!

Our cake and the cake pops were absolutely delicious!! We gave cake pops as our wedding favors and received so many compliments about how good they were! Our cake was designed flawlessly and it tasted amazing. They were so easy to work with and we would highly recommend them to anyone looking to have a cake designed!

The Baking Grounds 9
    The Baking Grounds 10

Tianne · Married on 09/29/2018

Mother of the bride

Awesome bakery!! Had cupcakes and they were so delicious and decorated perfectly. Also, they arranged the cupcakes on different type of stands that I rented from them. (All different heights and materials.) Very nice and easy to work with.

• Julie

Julie Haller · Married on 09/22/2018

Baking Grounds Takes the Cake!

Our Daughter used The Baking Grounds for her wedding cake at her 22 Sept 2018 reception at the Chattahoochee Country Club, and they were outstanding! My daughter lives out of state, and planned most of her wedding long distance, so she never got to meet with Malinda from The Baking Grounds in person to select her wedding cake. Malinda had to rely on pictures and relayed information. Despite that, the cake was perfect, exactly what my daughter wanted, and best of all, it tasted as wonderful as it looked!
    I highly recommend the Baking Grounds- they will exceed your expectations!

The Baking Grounds 11

Kelly · Married on 08/18/2018

Baking Grounds was awesome! Our venue Lake Lanier recommended Baking Grounds and we were so pleased that we used them! Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful, and each layer of the cake was a different flavor. We had a Mexican-themed wedding, and wanted a cake that would match the theme. Our guests loved the cake and thought the design was beautiful! Seeing the cake the day of the wedding was definitely a very memorable moment for us. Thank you Baking Grounds!!

The Baking Grounds 12

Madison · Married on 05/16/2018

We had our tasting with the owner of this small but AMAZING business, and we were so pleased! We bought our cake the same day as the tasting without any reservations.

• Taylor518

Taylor · Married on 05/12/2018

I have been getting cakes from the Baking Grounds for years for every occasion so when it came time to pick a wedding cake, it was not hard to decide who to go with! The staff is friendly and they do beautiful work! We had very clear ideas of what we wanted for our cakes and they were amazing! We matched the main cake to our invitations and my husband came up with the idea of his grooms cake and it turned out so cute! We had a weird delivery time that we needed to accommodate and they happily did it with no issue! Most of all, their cakes are DELICIOUS!

The Baking Grounds 13
    The Baking Grounds 14

Christy · Married on 04/28/2018

The Baking Grounds is the sweetest and cutest restaurant and bakery. My daughter got married two weeks ago. We hired The Baking Grounds to make the wedding cake. Malinda was so easy to work with. When I saw the wedding cake at the reception it was absolutely breathtaking! More beautiful than we had imagined! The cake was Just as delicious as it was gorgeous!! I highly recommend The Baking Grounds for any bakery needs especially wedding cakes!! Thank you Malinda!

The Baking Grounds 15

Kami · Married on 11/04/2017

Working with the Baking Grounds on our wedding cake was wonderful! They really worked with us on figuring out the best strategy to stay within our price range and produced a beautiful cake with the top layer being gluten-free so I could eat some cake on my wedding day. Everyone thought the the cake was delicious! Also, I love working with family-owned businesses, so this was a great experience all around.

The Baking Grounds 16

Candace · Married on 10/31/2017

The cake was beyond stunning, they blew us away with the design and the taste just topped it all off. It was perfect and it was beyond what we expected. I would def use them again and refer them too all our friends. Everything looked perfect.

Michele · Married on 09/23/2017

Amazing Cake! Their cakes are truly delicious and beautiful! I was so happy with my cupcake cake. :)

Jancy · Married on 08/05/2017

The Baking Grounds recently provided our amazing wedding cake that our guests have been raving about! Not only was our cake absolutely beautiful but tasted amazing as well. Our guests commented on how outstanding our cake was and how unlike traditional wedding cakes it was in the best possible way! The almond pound cake with strawberry mousse was phenomenal! We have already decided to have a small replica made for our one year anniversary. Thank you for your exceptional work!

Kristen · Married on 08/05/2017

We worked with Malinda for our cakes and cupcakes. We did a traditional cake with two flavors and additional sets of cupcakes. People were raving about the cake and cupcakes all night (the chocolate chip cookie dough cup cakes were to die for). She was great to work with and extremely responsive. She found fabric florals in our colors to decorate the cake with as well which was such a help.

Mary · Married on 07/23/2017

The Baking Grounds provided us with the most beautiful and delicious wedding cake and grooms cake! The consultation was wonderful and the tasting was outstanding! Everything was delicious! The consultatnt was warm, personable and attentive to every detail. Love this bakery!

Tonja · Married on 06/17/2017

Bride's and groom's cake were amazing!!

Diana · Married on 06/10/2017

Melinda and her staff were amazing. She made a delicious cake that was simply beautiful.
    Love all her sweets and have used her many times for corporate occasions and bridal shower cakes. Extremely professional and talented!!!

Michelle · Married on 05/26/2017

They Delivered!!! Go to: Vecoma at the Yellow River Facebook and check out our pictures Michelle & Donald.
    There you will find our wedding cake. It was tasty and beautiful! Go See For Yourself

Sarah · Married on 04/01/2017

I originally did not care to have a wedding cake, but so thrilled I got one! The Baking Grounds provided an amazing tasting time, and they created a gorgeous cake. It really was beautiful, one of my favorite parts of my wedding, and it tasted AMAZING!!!!! We chose multiple flavors, and everything we tasted once on the honeymoon was incredible.

Tori · Married on 11/19/2016

So amazing! We actually went in for a cake tasting on the wrong day (totally my fault). They didn't even flinch and still brought us several cakes to taste. We picked our wedding cake and grooms cake that day. The cake showed up day of the wedding, and looked amazing!!! We loved them and they tasted soon good!!

M · Married on 11/13/2016

Our wedding cake was not only gorgeous, but delicious. They literally brought my vision to life! I had several guests tell me it was the best cake they've ever had! The staff is super friendly and helpful. I highly recommend!

Kirsten · Married on 11/05/2016

Best cake, hands down! Since the wedding, guests have said they've visited Baking Grounds to check out their selection because of how delicious our wedding cake was. The cake was not only delectable, but it was beautifully designed as well. Highly recommend The Baking Grounds.

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/29/2016

We enjoyed meeting with Melinda and selecting our cake! She made it all very easy and the cake was beautiful and delicious!!

Bre · Married on 10/01/2016

We had the Baking Grounds do our wedding cake, and we had such a great experience working with them! We got married at Lake Lanier and the venue recommended The Baking Grounds. I'm so glad we chose them. They were very attentive to every detail we provided and super easy to work with. Malinda was especially great and is super sweet (pun intended). The cake looked so beautiful on the wedding day and tasted amazing. It was everything I had imagined. Apart from the wedding cake, when we were doing the cake testing we got to see the place itself. SO cute inside! I can't wait to be back in town to eat there for breakfast or lunch!!

Brooke · Married on 08/21/2016

You will be extremely pleased and have the most amazing wedding cake if you select The Baking Grounds. Our wedding cake was custom made. It was exactly what we wanted and the design was as though it had walked right out of our minds. We had a half & half. Half represented the bride and the other half was the groom. Blue velvet and marble. It was delicious and we had nothing but compliments and thrilled exclamations. You will not be disappointed. Malinda and her staff are outstanding! We also ordered assortment of baked goods for our guests that don't do cake and not a piece was left behind!