The Bakery at Sullivan University Reviews

15 | Louisville, KY

15 Reviews for The Bakery at Sullivan University

Heidi · Married on 10/03/2015

While we have not had the finished cake yet, the samples we tasted were absolutely amazing. We were able to design exactly what we wanted, while also being able to fit it into our budget. The woman that helped us was thorough, very kind, and patient. She has continued to be courteous and helpful every time I have changed my mind, or thought of something else I need taken care of. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Absolutely delicious! After the initial taste-testing, we decided on a 2 tiered chocolate wedding cake with peanut butter filling and a butter-cream frosting that was decorated with simple dots so that we'd have something to ceremoniously cut during the reception, but then we had a half strawberry, half chocolate sheet cake with butter-cream frosting for our guests. While I didn't actually get any of the cake at wedding (the couple rarely does), I look forward to eating the top layer of the cake on our first anniversary! Plus, they offered free delivery since our reception location was within the Gene Snyder loop. All-in-all, our guests seemed pretty pleased with it!

Sent on 09/17/2014

Lauren · Married on 05/18/2013

Jessica and The Bakery nailed the wedding cakes for our wedding! I had come to her with some pictures from pinterest and she immediately could see a theme. Very simple, smooth cake, with flower petals cascading down the side. After I talked about our love of bourbon, she told me about a Maker's Mark cake that she could create. I was excited about both of the cakes and ready to see them at the wedding. Seriously, the cakes were EXACTLY how I wanted them. THANK YOU JESSICA for your amazing creativity and execution of the two cakes for our wedding.

Sent on 06/18/2013

My husband and I worked with Jessica at, The Bakery. Her professionalism was A++++++. We showed her a picture of a wedding cake we saw on Pinterest and she made the cake come to life. I highly recommend The Bakery and Jessica to anyone.

Sent on 07/04/2012

Katie · Married on 08/13/2011

My custom designed cake was a true masterpiece. I came armed with a drawing of exactly what I wanted and they truly delivered it in complete perfection....exactly what I wanted. And each of the 5 flavors of cake we had tasted amazing.

Sent on 09/09/2011

Elaine · Married on 10/08/2009

The food was fantastic! I couldn't have asked for anything better.They responded in a very timely manner to any questions I had and were very easy to get a hold of. Worked very well with our schedule and did all of the work for us with communication between caterer (them) and venue!

Sent on 02/04/2010
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 05/23/2009

I absolutely loved the wedding cake and grooms cake we ordered. They were very prepared when we met with them and always available (either at the bakery or on the phone). I had an idea of what cake I wanted and brought in a picture and the were able to make it (and add some options I wanted). The cake itself was delicious. In fact, my husband and I are going to order a smaller cake that has the same frosting and filling as the wedding cake since we loved it so much.
    The grooms cake was basically an invention of my husband. He just told them what kind of cake, filling, and frosting he wanted and they made it. They also made it a UofL cake like we wanted.
    In addition, they were helpful in that I got to take some of the mini cakes, frostings, and fillings home for my husband to try since he was never able to go to the bakery during business hours. So he still got to be a part of it by the bakery making a "to go" box for him.

Sent on 06/10/2009

Antonia · Married on 09/08/2007

I took in a photo of a cake I had seen in a bridal magazine and this was the only location in town that was able to do it. Not only that, but they were the only bakery that was able to do some of the flavors and fillings we wanted or give alternatives if they couldn't. The service was excellent, delivery was prompt, and the cake looked beautiful and tasted delicious. The cost was comparable to other top bakeries in the area if not somewhat less expensive.

Sent on 12/01/2007

Ashley · Married on 05/12/2007

was beautiful and delicious!

Sent on 03/12/2010

I compared prices of bakery's all over Louisville, Elizabethtown, and beyond to save on my wedding cake. I had about given up when I found The Bakery. I had tried to save money by having a cupcake wedding cake, but today, cupcakes are priced the exact same as a cake slice, even for the most basic kind without decor it was $3.00 a slice. The Bakery sold their cupcakes at $1.50 a piece, and I had plenty leftover to afford a topper. The decorating, and mix of flavors didn't cost extra either! The chef there really worked with my on price to help me get the cake I wanted at a cost I could afford. Thanks Sullivan!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Shilpa · Married on 03/31/2019

Beautiful wedding cake!

We had the pleasure of working with Sullivan for our wedding cake, and they went above and beyond our expectations! They provided many options during our cake tasting and were willing to work with us to create our dream cake. They even worked with our Decor team to ensure the flowers used to decorate our cake matched our centerpieces. They were very responsive via phone call and provided great value for their service.

Sent on 04/16/2019

Danielle · Married on 07/15/2017

We were so happy with our wedding cake! We got so many comments on how good and moist the cake was. So glad we went with The Bakery!

Sent on 07/18/2017

leslie · Married on 04/04/2009

3.5

the cake was so beautiful i was so happy it was worth the 300 dollars that i paid it even tasted great as well. here is a link so you can look at the cake for yourself and you be the judge. http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs006.snc1/2829_525064245202_32100155_31744003_3842951_n.jpg

Sent on 04/21/2009

John · Married on 05/26/2008

Everyone was extremely helpful. They were prepared with a portfolio of their work and designs. We were able to sample a few cakes before making a decsion. Even when we had to change the color of the piping (1 week before the wedding!) they handled it graciously. Everyone at our wedding complimented us on our cake.

Sent on 07/08/2008

Sharlene · Married on 05/24/2008

Our wedding and grooms cake was beautiful and delicious. The service was very good and so was the price. I would recommend The bakery to my friends and family.

Sent on 06/10/2008