The Annapolis Photographer Reviews

The Annapolis Photographer 5
The Annapolis Photographer 6
The Annapolis Photographer 7

Scott "Sandy" · Married on 02/14/2014

Wow what a wonderful event we had! And we can remember it all anytime in the future thanks to the wonderful photographs Marcus and his staff took. It was just what we all had hoped for from the beginning to the end. Our memory book is sooo beautiful.

Thank you Marcus!! My family and friends are really impressed with all you did to get everything just right.

Sent on 03/31/2014
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 08/31/2013

My husband and I recently worked with Marcus for our wedding in Annapolis and had a wonderful experience! We were initially interested in working with him because he was familiar with both the church service and the reception venue, and our initial meeting with him confirmed he was definitely the right photographer for us. From the emails/phone calls prior to the wedding up to the day-of, he was friendly, responsive, and professional. And most importantly - the pictures are amazing!!

A few things stood out to that we found really great in working with him...
    1) The hotel room we were getting ready in was really tight once we had the Bride, Mother of Bride, BM's, and Hair/Makeup team in there but the photos of us all getting ready turned out great and he was definitely able to work with the space limitations.
    2) He was great working with the kids! Our wedding party had 2 flower girls and a ring bearer ages 3-5. It was definitely a long day for them but Marcus was able to get them to smile and stay focused so we could get the pictures at the church.
    3) My husband and I decided not to take formal/wedding party photos during cocktail hour so we could enjoy the time talking with our guests. This was kind of a last minute decision by my husband and myself so we thought we just wouldn't get those pictures. After the first dance Marcus quickly found the wedding party and took us all outside to get the photos by the water before the sun went down. It was no more than 10 minutes and the photos turned out absolutely wonderful - you would have no idea how little time they took. We really appreciated the fact that we lose any time with our guests and still got the pictures we wanted.

Would definitely recommend working with him!

Sent on 09/18/2013

Jordan · Married on 12/28/2013

Marcus is absolutely the best man for the job. He made sure to get all the pictures I wanted and my concerns always came first over his artistic ideas. He didn't try to take control of the day and that ended up being the most important thing for us.

Sent on 02/15/2014

Carmen · Married on 10/05/2013

I would highly recommend Marcus! He did a phenomenal job and worked well with everyone at the wedding and reception without getting in the way.

Sent on 10/30/2013

Katie · Married on 10/15/2010

Marcus was great and I would recommend him to anyone. He's very easy to work with and did everything EXACTLY how we requested!

Sent on 10/06/2011

Michael · Married on 08/28/2010

Marcus was absolutely great for us. He was the first photographer that we met with and never considered going anywhere else. The time he spent with us, the quality of his work, and the extras that he threw in along the way made our experience great. I would recommend him to anyone!!

Sent on 01/26/2011

Meaghan · Married on 10/08/2016

Marcus was extremely easy to work with, he is very personable and worked with us to pick the best photo package for our needs and budget. He made our engagement photo shoot fun and easy, despite the weather conditions, and our photos came out amazing, we also included our dog in the shoot which added an extra element of difficulty! Marcus called before the wedding to go over a shoot list with us so we would be sure to have all of the pictures we wanted on our day. On the actual day he was punctual and even brought an assistant to help with the lighting. We received digital proofs of the photos only a few days after the wedding and were extremely pleased with the results. We would definitely recommend The Annapolis Photographer!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Amanda · Married on 08/04/2016

Marcus was definitely accommodating even when we were on a time crunch to get engagement photos out for save the dates. I thought his pictures turned out great for both the engagement session and the wedding! So glad we booked him!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Dia · Married on 10/13/2013

Marcus was so great to work with and made the whole process fun and memorable. I have seen some of the images and they are so beautiful, I can hardly stand it. He was creative, fun and very open to any requests we had as a family. He took amazing photos at every moment and had a great eye. Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/24/2013

Dia · Married on 10/13/2013

Working with the Annapolis Photographer was great. Marcus is so friendly, fun and has great visual ideas. My engagement pics were beautiful and my wedding photos that I've seen are amazing. We did them with a waterfall in the background anf fall leaves and he caught that perfectly.... so well it looks like a backdrop. I'm sp happy. Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/01/2013

Katrina Woonton · Married on 04/13/2019

Pretty Awesome

Marcus was our photographer and did awesome the whole 10 months before wedding. I DID have to reach out for the flow up/ last check in phone call, but during the call he was very flexible on what we wantedf, friendly and very professional. The week of the wedding (only slightly negative about the experience) is we got an automated email to pay a certain remaining balance (even though we had already paid). We scrambled for receipts and proof of payment since we had already paid remaining balance. Thankfully, with a few short text Marcus looked into it and we were able to get reassurance from him directly. He was also continuously apologetic!!
    Other than the small hiccup, Marcus was early, willing to photograph bride and family as well as groom and family before the ceremony, which saved us a bunch of time! Without asking he also photographed the decor and details within venue.

He also let peices of our huge family take their own family photos (without bride and groom) which was beyond great!
    Marcus had proof photos and updates throughout his editing process and got us ALL our photos within the week!
    Would definitely recommend! Extremely pleased

The Annapolis Photographer 15
    The Annapolis Photographer 16
    The Annapolis Photographer 17

3.0

I very much loved how professional and punctual Marcus was. I felt like I could ask him any question and trusted his answers fully in a personal way that I could understand. His pictures were absolutely beautiful but there were a lot of the same pictures. I can understand getting just the right picture of each shot but there was also one picture that had the groom looking half asleep that I would've loved a second picture taken of. We cannot see the other side of the camera so I wish he was a little more demanding in control. Also there was about 5 times that I had to ask where he was. I am not saying that he was goofing off, I'm just saying that maybe a second photographer would've been better. I mean a persons got to eat and go to the bathroom and even I missed things because of those needs. I absolutely loved Marcus though. He gave several compliments, the prices are reasonable and I would 100% call him again for any future events. Just let him know what you want in your pictures and he will make it happen.

Sent on 05/13/2013

Aleisha · Married on 12/21/2012

We just had a small wedding at the Annapolis Courthouse and Marcel became one of the highlights of our fantastic day. His enthusiasm helped my new family all have fun together taking photos and not only did they turn out beautiful, but we'll all remember the experience as a great time together.

Sent on 01/22/2013

Marcus did an excellent job and was very patient with a very large family including trying to get numerous children of all ages to come together for photos (if you haven't have the experience, trust me, it's like herding cats). The pictures turned out very nice and we love several of the unique poses that used the outdoor venue perfectly. He also worked with us on the price and tailoring the package to what we wanted. The only negative is he needs a larger voice mailbox, it was frequently full which made leaving a message difficult.

Sent on 10/29/2015

WEDDING REVIEW-July 2014

Marcus/ The Annapolis Photographer was recommended to me by a coworker. As a medical professional I was always taught to seek a second opinion. If you are reading this review, I SECOND YOUR CHOICE. My fiancé and I would absolutely recommend The Annapolis Photographer for your wedding or event.

We had Marcus and his partner shoot our waterfront wedding in July 2014 in Maryland. They were ON TIME to our event. When we got out of the limo, we were already on camera! However, on our wedding day the venue was unprepared to begin our ceremony as originally planned. Instead of adding to the confusion, they were FLEXIBLE with us.

After our ceremony, many of the pictures we desired were captured in a TIMELY manner (as discussed in our planning meeting). Additionally, we felt that they HANDLED the large groups and personalities of our wedding party very well. The wedding pictures of my husband turned out exceptional. Somehow Marcus or his partner got him to smile and show his teeth!

The only undesirable experience with Marcus was scheduling our consultation. He is sought after, so if you like him BOOK HIM. He did prioritize us later in his schedule and delegated other work for a more PERSONALIZED experience.

You will reflect on your wedding pictures for a lifetime. Hire a competent professional (like Marcus) and it will be one last thing to worry about on your big day or thereafter.

Good Luck & Best Wishes
    Brittany-Bride

Sent on 08/13/2014

Kimberly · Married on 09/09/2017

3.4
      1.0

The pictures that we got were good, but we hired 2 photographers for ONE reason, to get the perspective of the bride and groom during the ceremony (that didn’t happen). We also asked for certain family pictures, poses and discussed that we wanted some creativity with the pictures. We ended up with tha standard photos and no creativity. Also, a lot of our pictures were blurry, with what the photographer cost, I would hope for crisp clear pictures. Marcus and the photographers were very nice and showed me amazing pictures. I just wish ours had been of the same quality of the ones we were shown.

Sent on 06/15/2018

The Annapolis Photographer's reply:

Kim we are perplexed with this review since the following was received from you via email after client viewed photos.

‘’The pictures look great.
    I was wondering when and how we get a digital copy of all of our pictures without the watermark and the 10 free 5x7's? Also, how do we order additional printed pictures?
    Thanks
    Kim’’

This was received after publishing photos online for viewing and ordering and sent a drobox link to edited high res unwatermarked files. We also mailed a thumb drive free of charge and included free 5x7’s. We felt and were led to believe we met our standard of great photos and service and haven’t heard different until today- 9 months later. Anyone who would like to see the galley just let us know and we’ll send you the link. I’m truly sorry you felt the need to give us less than an outstanding review if you’d like to discuss further and/or amend your review we are happy to work towards something more positive. Best wishes to you and Vince.

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2018

3.0

We paid for two photographers and an assistant but only got the two photographers. We were initially happy with how things went until we got our photos back. They were just okay, not what we were expecting for how much was spent. I have also tried to contact since the wedding and have not gotten any response about the album we purchased. I'm sure he is a good photographer but would not use him again for a wedding. The weather was not in our favor so I understood trying to rush the family pictures before the down pour but there are quite a few we got back with peoples eyes shut...

Sent on 06/15/2018

The Annapolis Photographer's reply:

We are sorry you were not thrilled and had no idea you were disappointed until now. We will use your feedback to improve our process going forward. Anyone who would like to see the images for themselves please let us know- we feel they speak for themselves. Album was delivered within contract specified time (with free shipping).

Dan · Married on 10/01/2016

0.6
      0.5

DO NOT... I repeat DO NOT do business with this guy!! He is very unorganized and unprofessional. He arrived at our engagement session 45 minutes late and did not think to call us in advance. When he finally arrived he was unprepared and couldn't even get into his own office! He offered us additional services that he didn't deliver on and ultimately took our money and we received ONLY 4 PICTURES!!! His prices may be attractive, but save yourself time and headache. There is enough stress in planning a wedding and the Annapolis Photographer just multiplies it. DO NOT waste your money with this guy!!

Sent on 09/01/2016