The American Wedding Reviews

940 | Peru, IN

940 Reviews for The American Wedding

1 User photo

We loved our Vegas themed wedding invitations from this site! After searching for quite a while we found exactly what we were looking for. We opted to put them together ourselves when they arrived which was quick and fun. Very affordable as well.

Sent on 10/30/2013

Steph · Married on 10/12/2013

I thought it would be easy to order invitations, but it seemed either the paper quality was cheap or items were far out of our price range once you added the other inserts. I ordered samples from many online vendors and was so disappointed. Finally, a co-worker mentioned he had just ordered his invitations from The American Wedding and suggested I try it.
    I ordered many samples and was happy with them. I chose the layered Victoria wedding invitations. I was able to do things like change the paper, font, ink colors, etc. and add a return address- for free! Thermography printing and lined envelopes were affordable. I was able to adapt the language to account for divorced parents and include information about our reception too- something other sites limit so you have to buy extra reception cards.
    They arrived sooner than estimated. I had to assemble the layered invitations, but I knew that when I ordered them. I used double-sided tape to make them adhere a bit better than the sticky tabs included, and viola- affordable, beautiful, elegant, and great quality.
    I received a million compliments. I am so grateful to have been able to afford these invitations. I had money left over to add thank you cards that match our invitation series.
    Tip: order a few extra in case you mess up addressing the envelopes or if any ink is smudged. A few or our invitations had some small blotches (no one else noticed but me), but I'd ordered extras so this wasn't a problem. I'm sure I could have called and received replacements if I'd wanted, but I just rolled with it. I was so happy with this.

Sent on 10/17/2013

Chose letterpress invitations printed on Crane cotton paper. Great quality and was able to easily customize our invites. Very pleased with them!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Very easy to use website and our invitations arrived fast and looked beautiful!

Sent on 07/28/2013

Michelle · Married on 09/28/2013

I actually didn't use The American Wedding for invitations (I ended up creating a wedding website and sending out initiations via e-mail using mywedding.com, which I HIGHLY recommend as it is 100% free), but I did use them for my wedding favor cards and reception menu cards. The American Wedding is hands down the least expensive online wedding paper product vendor I was able to find (and believe me I spend days searching the internet) and has tons of designs to choose from. My favorite feature is that you can literally change any color or font on the wedding menu to be what you want and they have tons of colors and font options to chose from. Unfortunately I do not think they advertise this well because the website only shows a couple of different options for each menu card design on the menu card home page, but once you select a design and get to the modifications page it will let you change literally everything on the menu card to be the way you want it and for most designs there is no extra charge for picking multiple colors/fonts. Be careful on how long you wait to place your order, ours took about 2 weeks to arrive, but when they did we were pleasantly surprised. They looked awesome, super professional and about a 3rd of the cost compared to other vendors. I highly recommend their products.

Sent on 10/02/2013

Julie · Married on 08/31/2013

Super pleased with superior customer service, competitive price, variety of choices and the quality of the invitations we received from The American Wedding!
    Initially wrong sized envelopes were shipped with the order. One phone call to a very pleasant customer service rep and the new envelopes were on their way. We received our initial order quickly and the correct envelopes were received within 3 days of my call.
    I will recommend The American Wedding to any family or friend who is planning a special event!

Sent on 05/07/2013

Helene · Married on 08/10/2013

The invitations were inexpensive and beautiful. We got a lot of parts (outer envelopes, inner envelopes, printed return envelopes for the RSVP cards) for a great price. We also got many many compliments on the design.

Sent on 08/14/2013

I had a lot of great vendors, and this was one of the best! I never imagined finding such high quality stationary for such a an affordable price! I ordered our Save the Dates, invitations, and thank-you cards through The American Wedding, and all were beautiful, elegant and under budget. I had to change something on our reception cards after I ordered them, and the customer service was fantastic! Would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 09/12/2013

I just received our wedding invitations in the mail last week and I LOVE them! At first when I opened the package I was disappointed because there was an error on the actual invitation part...however, a simple phone call to customer service and everything was taken care of! They immediately admitted to the mistake and had new ones printed and sent to me within the week, at no charge to me. I am so happy with how they came out and LOVE the price we got them at too!

Sent on 04/02/2013

I got to make my invitations exactly what I wanted them to be! It was pretty simple and great for the value! They came a few days early too! I mean don't count on that but I was happy :)

Sent on 06/03/2013

LOVED my invitations!!!! We went with the Hannah design in ivory with gold printing on them. Would totally get them again from this company. Got several compliments from guests on how elegant and beautiful they were. Now I've got one framed on my wall compliments of my wonderful maid of honor. LOVE looking at it every day and remembering how happy I was with the invitations :)

Sent on 08/24/2013

You can't beat the quality of these wedding invitations for the price offered. I ordered 150 invites during a 25% off sale which saved us a ton of money. The invitations were beautiful and assembly was easy. The only thing was, in the original package they did not send me glue dots which were needed for assembly. I called them and they sent them to me right away. Then I realized I didn't have enough bows sent to me...again I called them and they rectified the situation immediately. I was very pleased with the quality and professionalism.

Sent on 12/13/2013

This website had a lot to choose from and had a lot of different types. This website is very affordable. The quality was excellent!

Sent on 07/30/2013
  • W

Willie · Married on 07/06/2013

Our invitations were perfect! We were able to customize them just the way we wanted to. The invitations arrived on time, looked exactly like the proof, and were very affordable.

Sent on 07/18/2013

The American Wedding is where I got my invitations. They were beautiful. I matched my colors perfectly, and they sent them out quick. I had to re-order because my venue changed, and they were able to get them out in just a few days.

Sent on 07/05/2013

These invitations were perfectly customized and beautiful. I was able to find the exact design I had in mind and order everything and still be under budget!

Sent on 04/22/2013

Leigh · Married on 05/10/2013

All of our invitations, RSVP cards, favor tags, seating cards, etc. turned out beautiful. The flexibility of this vendor is awesome and the price is downright CHEAP!!! Will be using them to help my sister with her upcoming wedding as well.

Sent on 05/30/2013

This are the most wonderful save the date cards I ever seen
    www.mhnpictures.com/blog

Sent on 11/25/2012

Blake · Married on 05/04/2013

Excellent, excellent quality. The paper is heavy and elegant, and the simple design is very classy. Raised print (thermography) looks lovely. These are beautiful, professional invitations at an incredibly affordable price. I ordered samples ahead of time, and that was very useful in helping me decide on which design I liked best. I was in touch with at least ten vendors for invitations, and The American Wedding was the best. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 03/06/2013
  • Jodi

Jodi · Married on 04/20/2013

Our invitations were perfect!!! So happy we went with them!

Sent on 05/10/2013

Ladina · Married on 03/29/2013

my invitations were so beautiful,,the invitations came on time..i got alot of compliments.

Sent on 04/05/2013

Hilary · Married on 03/23/2013

I was recommended this website by a co-worker who had recently gotten married herself. We wanted something very classic and simple and that is what we got. We were very impressed with the quality of the invitations for the price.

Sent on 05/05/2013

Miranda · Married on 03/09/2013

I looked forever for the perfect invitations but nothing seemed quite right. Finally I stumbled onto theamericanwedding.com and I found the perfect invitations! We were getting married at Paris Las Vegas, with the reception next door at Bally's and they had an invitaion called Viva Las Vegas that showed both!!!! It had a translucent overlay over it with the writing on it and it was just amazing! I got to write out the perfect wording and added a different color for our names. When I got them in the mail I was just so thrilled! They were absolutely gorgeous!

Sent on 07/31/2013

Our invitations were absolutely perfect! They were exactly like the proof and we just couldn't be happier! They were very affordable too!

Sent on 02/27/2013

Melanie · Married on 12/31/2012

I did not want to spend a fortune on wedding invitations. I received a catalog from The American Wedding and was a little nervous about purchasing online. However, the website was easy to use and they send an electronic "proof" before purchasing. Their prices are great and shipping was fast and easy!

Sent on 01/26/2013