Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

52 Reviews for The A Band of NY

Liability Insurance (4)
52 The A Band of NY Reviews

The A Band was a great hit at our wedding! They read the crowd well and we received many compliments! Jack is also very professional and I enjoyed the planning process with him. Thank you!

Profile Picture User5335537, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Jack, The A Band leader, was an absolute joy to work with! He supported us through the whole process with kind words and really solid advice. We found The A Band through their review in New York Weddings magazine, checked here on Wedding Wire, but it was talking to Jack that really closed the deal! He really cares about his work and it shows. The Band was amazing - everyone danced! even my grandparents!

Profile Picture User7557083, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

I contacted several bands throughout my wedding planning process - the A band was by far the most responsive, professional, thoughtful, and organized. I had several options all around the same price, all with great reviews - but I could tell that Jack was the most passionate and organized. I was planning my wedding from Los Angeles so I sent my Mother in Law to listen to the band. She loved them immediately (and has heard many wedding bands!) We ended up choosing the 8 piece band and using Jack's team for ceremony and cocktail hour. The process coordinating with Jack for my big day could not have been easier. He was incredibly responsive to all of my E-mails. From filling out a form he performed every single wedding song perfectly. All requests for the band break song lists were played. The dance floor was moving all night and I did not provide any instruction on specific songs. Also, his coordination with my coordinator on timelines for speeches, etc was FLAWLESS and they maybe discussed the timeline once. Do not hesitate to hire Jack & the A Band. Beautiful sound, & a band you can count on to make your day run PERFECTLY. Amanda & Leo June 2016

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

The A Band performed at our wedding last fall and my wife and I could not have been more happy! The A Band played a variety of songs (dance, rock, ballads, and Motown) at a very high level. The dance floor was rocking throughout the night. Jack was very professional and helpful during the planning process and we didn't have to worry about anything. We highly recommend the A Band of NY for any wedding or party.

Profile Picture User7833576, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Two of my daughters were married in successive years with the most recent being late Summer of 2016. There was no hesitation at any point for bringing back The A Band of NY for an encore from my first daughters Wedding in 2015. The class, professionalism, and musicianship that Jack McLoryd and his talented cast of musicians bring to a reception is unsurpassed by any other group that I have witnessed in hundreds of weddings I have been to in my lifetime. The response by everyone when the A Band is playing is "Who are these guys"? and "Where have they been hiding?
They are that good. Book EM! You will have an unforgettable reception!!! Tom O'Neil Poughkeepsie, NY

Profile Picture Tom , 8/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Booking the A Band was the best decision we made for our wedding. After we saw the live sampler show in New York City, we knew they’d be able to keep the party going. Jack, the band leader, was so professional and easy to work with. It was clear right off the bat that this group has the experience to make sure everything run smoothly and create a fun atmosphere. With a great balance of current and classic music, we had everyone on the dance floor all night, from middle school cousins to my grandfather. The band took a few breaks throughout the evening, but they were well-timed and people took them as an opportunity to get a drink or take a breather. Throughout the night and afterwards, our guests told us how much they loved the band. I think we may even be lucky enough to attend a wedding featuring the A Band in the future. We booked the 8-person group, since we wanted to make sure our wedding band featured woodwind and brass instruments. The decision to book the A Band was particularly easy given their stellar abilities and average cost.

Profile Picture Adam and Lauren, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

My husband and I used The A Band last month for our wedding and I cannot begin to say how happy I am that we got to work with them. From our initial meeting and planning throughout the months leading up to our wedding, Jack was a pleasure to work with and was very detailed and organized! We also had the pleasure of watching them play live at a studio before we booked them which made our decision very easy to make.
For our wedding we used them for the ceremony (flute and keyboard) , cocktail hour (sax and keyboard) and then a 7 piece band for our reception. They are all extremely talented, hardworking and great to work with. I would highly recommend-you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Katherine, 7/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

We hired Jack McLoryd and the A Band for my husband's birthday party and everyone absolutely loved them. Several friends have called us to get Jack's contact info for their children's weddings. He played the best music and knew exactly what the crowd wanted. Fabulous vocals with wonderful instrumental back up. Jack is very professional, organized and fair. People are still talking about how the band made the party. We needed a larger dance floor because it was packed the whole night!

Profile Picture Susan, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

They are the most phenomenal band I've ever heard and they made our wedding day even more perfect! Jack and the band are professional, so easy to work with, provided everything we asked for, perform amazing and were the most perfect selection! They got everyone up on the dance floor the whole wedding and I physically couldn't stop dancing! They played all requested songs, sounded beyond amazing and were so much fun! Everyone from the wedding is still raving about them! Would highly, highly recommend! Thank you so much!
Olivia and Filipe 12/5/15 wedding

Profile Picture Olivia, 12/5/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

The A Band did an incredible job at our wedding! We would recommend them without reservation. The dance floor was full throughout the entire night. Since the wedding, guests of all ages have remarked how well the band performed and coordinated the reception's activities.

The A Band has an extensive repertoire of songs, so it was easy to find a full playlist of songs that we loved. Jack was also very accommodating in making sure that the band played songs from our song selection list.

Thank you to the A Band for making our wedding reception so special! We explored a lot of options for our band and are extremely pleased we went with the A Band.

Profile Picture User6116694, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

The A Band was awesome! Jack and his team were super fun and had everyone dancing all night. The guests were all totally thrilled, as were we. Additionally, they were very easy to work with--very professional and organized. Highly recommend these guys.

Profile Picture Alita, 9/19/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

The A Band was everything that we expected and more . The guests were constantly commenting on how amazing they were , on the day and after the event . It made for an extra special wedding .

Profile Picture Kerry , 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

The A Band of NY was an absolute hit at our wedding! Guests still come up to me asking about them. It was such a pleasure to coordinate with Jack. There was such a high level of professionalism and quality at a reasonable price. The whole family talks about how we wish that we could relive the wedding just to hear the music again. I would recommend them ten times over!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 8/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Perfection is the most appropriate word. Jack and the A-Band were responsive and flexible as we prepared for our wedding. They helped keep the stress level at a manageable point. Importantly, that professionalism carried throughout the wedding night. The band both sounded fantastic as well as kept a close ear/eye on what music would keep the dance floor full. And, without question, it was full all night. It was still full at midnight when it was time to shut down (sadly it had to end). The variety of music the band is capable of playing kept every one of our guests happy about the music. Many people asked them for their "card" at the end of the night. I would add that we chose to hire both female vocalists and all the instruments. It was a decision we were very happy with. My wife and I would highly recommend the A-Band to anyone that might ask...it is one month later and our friends are still talking about how great the band was...thank you A-Band!

Profile Picture Robin, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

I can't rave enough about this band. From the first demo show we went to see they were exactly what I wanted. Jack was extremely accommodating and a pleasure to work with.
The night of the wedding, the band was perfect. I had so many people coming up to me (guest and not guest) asking for their information to book for wedding / events. They covered all of the important songs wonderfully.
They also allowed us to provide some of our own traditional music for Greek dancing.
Great band! Incredible range and lovely to work with!!!!

Profile Picture Anna, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

The A Band provided our wedding reception music in July, and they were PHENOMENAL. Jack was professional, so friendly, and just great to work with. Musicianship was top notch (I'm a professional musician, so was very picky about who would play our wedding day), and the musical selections they offered covered so many genres. Many guests commented that The A Band was the best band they'd ever heard play a wedding. We agree! Sound levels were perfect, vocals were on point - they could not have been better! Great saxophone player, too! We recommend The A Band without reservation. Thanks for making our wedding reception so special!

Profile Picture User6120788, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

LOOK NO FURTHER! I spent a lot of time researching music for our wedding and could not be happier with the choice we made. If you have done any research on wedding bands and spoken with several vendors you will be pleasantly surprised when you speak with Jack from The A Band. The pricing for the band is phenomenal and after having them blow everyone away at our wedding I would have been comfortable paying more.

For our wedding we booked two musicians from the band to play at our cocktail hour (Piano and Sax) and the music they played was so perfect for the atmosphere. The were not too loud and not too soft, just perfect to converse and mingle while humming along. For the main reception we booked the "7 piece" band which in reality is 8 pieces when you compare them to other options out there. Jack both plays the bass and is one of the main vocalists so you really get a "two for one" deal with him. This alone was a major selling point for me (second to their amazing talent as musicians). The band was receptive to our requests, felt the energy of the room and played what was working. Many of my guests mentioned they did not sit down all night and countless people asked me for the name of the band (Seriously wanted to know and ended up calling me after the wedding to get the name and contact info for the band).

Booking the band and working with them before the wedding was painless and stress free. Jack is a true professional and was always very responsive. The band put on a free showcase which was conveniently (for me) located in midtown Manhattan. I stopped by after work and was pretty much given my own private show which I thoroughly enjoyed. Listening to sampler videos on YouTube are helpful but they really do not do the band justice. Hearing them live was fantastic.

Do yourself a favor; Contact the band and look into booking for your event. I am very confident in saying that they will not let you down.

Thank you Jack and The A Band of NY!

Profile Picture User4164431, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

Jack and the A Band are AWESOME. As soon as we saw their showcase in New York City, we knew that this band would be perfect for our wedding. Jack was such a joy to work with-- extremely professional, responsive, and knowledgeable. We asked that one of our friends, who is also a professional signer, sing our first dance, and they were willing to accommodate and work with him. They even invited him back on stage to join them later in the night! I have heard from so many of our guests that ours was one of the most fun weddings they have been to, thanks in large part to The A Band. The dance floor was completely packed all night! They did such a wonderful job of reading the crowd and always playing the perfect song. My only complaint? They night went WAY too fast!! I would highly recommend The A Band- they will be the best decision you make for your wedding!

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/13/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

The A Band did a fantastic job at our wedding. Jack was professional and easy to work with throughout the planning process. The band provided energy and a talent to our wedding and our dance floor was full the entire night.

Profile Picture Megan, 4/18/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

We used The A Band for our wedding reception music and cocktail hour music. They did a great job of playing songs that kept the dance floor hopping! They were very professional and they were very easy to work with. Many of the guests complimented us on the band and said they really enjoyed the music. Jack and his team made the process seamless and really made the reception a blast. They also had a guitarist play for us during the cocktail hour, which was perfect. For the reception, we left playlist to them, and was very happy with all the music they chose. They learned a song for our cake cutting and played the song we chose for our first dance exactly like the record. Thank you Jack for a beautiful evening!

Profile Picture User4741405, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Band

My husband and I are both professional musicians, so the selection of our wedding band was priority number 1. We were looking for a versatile band that specializes in Big Band, and did we hit the jackpot!! The musicianship is excellent and they were able to appeal to a wide range of tastes. They played jazz standards through dinner, and were the perfect volume to enjoy them as well as hold a conversation. Then they transitioned to classic rock, disco, and modern selections when the dancing began. They had everyone on the dance floor all night long! If I had it to do all over again, I would hire The "A" Band of NY in a heartbeat. It was the best decision that we made. A huge thank you to Jack and the entire band!!!

Meghan

Profile Picture Meghan, 12/27/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

We were so happy with The A Band! Everyone at our wedding commented on how awesome the band was. They were so much fun and had us all dancing so hard that after the songs everyone looked up and clapped for them! Jack was such a pleasure to work with... Out of all the vendors we had working at our wedding The A Band were our favorite, highly recommended!

Profile Picture Mike, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

Jack and his fantastic band played for our wedding in early October. Not only was Jack wonderful to deal with throughout the process--organized, responsive, helpful, warm--but he and his band members brought a friendly, pleasant and energetic vibe to our wedding. Tracy is fabulous--amazing voice and warm, happy smile--and the musicians are excellent. Several of our guests said it was the best time dancing at a wedding that they had ever had--and I must agree!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

The A-Band was extraordinary on all levels. Musically they were phenomenal and the interplay of fabulous vocals coupled with really well balanced and professional insturmentals made for an amazing sound. From the standpoint of kinetics, energy, responsiveness to the crowd, catering to moment and the aura of the affair, they were so totally right on that it was as if the whole evening was choreographed by the "gods". Song selection was amazing ranging from motown, soul, contemporary, 50s, big band, "ethnic" (Italian and Jewish), hip hop, rock, blues and classic pop. Had 150 people on the dance floor for hours in a frenzy and we couldn't have asked for a better band. All the guests were talking about them far after the affair was over as if they were at a sold out show of Arcade Fire at the Bowery Ballroom. Could not have been happier!!!!

Profile Picture Miles, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

We hired the A Band to play at our recent wedding, and they were nothing short of fantastic! Jack and his team were patient, kind and professional through our planning process and were nothing short of amazing at our wedding! They really listened to the "feel" we were after for our wedding, and were able to play to the crowd and kept the dance floor packed all night! We've received so many compliments on our band.. I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Alexis, 9/26/14, 3 Reviews