tessa marie weddings Reviews

44 | Atlanta, GA

44 Reviews for tessa marie weddings

• Susanna

Susanna · Married on 05/03/2021

Tessa is hands down the best photographer I have ever worked with. I have used other photographers in the past and they really do not compare. My now-husband and I found her online and thought her reviews looked great, so we decided to use her for our engagement pictures. We wanted the engagement pics shot at Chateau Elan because that is where we got engaged and Tessa was very accomodating with this. She came up with great ideas about where the best spots would be take pics in and around Chateau Elan.
    From the first time I reached out to her in email asking questions about pricing to going to her studio to review the images, Tessa was great every step of the way. She was very available every step of the process and always quick to answer emails. She was great at staying in touch with us throughout the whole process and keeping us informed, from speaking with me over the phone about what to bring/what to expect during the engagement session to updating us on when our album would be ready. She was also flexible with payment, offering us split payments for the engagement session and for the album we purchased. Tessa truly cares about what she does and she is ALL about her clients. And she is so talented! My husband and I were truly blown away by the way she was able to capture our relationship in picture form. The thing I most appreciated about her is that she made us feel comfortable and at ease. When we first got to Chateau Elan for the engagement pictures, I was super nervous. Tessa recognized I was nervous and set me at ease. She encouraged us to remember what it felt like when we first met each other and first started dating. She told my husband to treat me like he did on our first date and to tell me I was beautiful, which of course I loved LOL. Her advice made us feel free to be ourselves which made for some really great moments, and she beautifully captured all of them. I highly recommend Tessa!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Maggie · Married on 06/24/2017

Finding a great photographer for our wedding was one of the most important things to me when I started planning. I am so happy I found Tessa and that we went with her. As soon as you look at her portfolio you can see how beautiful her pictures are but when we got our own pictures back we really were amazed with how perfectly she can capture a moment/feeling. When I look at my pictures it truly takes me back to how I was feeling in that exact moment, which is totally priceless! Tessa will do whatever it takes to capture the shot too. We were blessed with a beautiful rainbow at wedding and she sprinted to make sure she captured it, not just anyone will do that for you! Tessa really is a pro and an artist!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Lisa · Married on 12/03/2016

We had a great time with Tessa doing our engagement photos and photos for our save-the-dates after my future sister in law used her for her high school senior portraits. My fiance is not super comfortable in front of the camera, and she kept us laughing and engaged the entire time. She turned around the digital gallery really fast, and we were able to purchase files and prints really quickly after. We haven't ordered any physical prints yet, but we plan to! Thanks, Tessa!

Sent on 05/03/2016

Tara · Married on 10/15/2016

Hiring Tessa Marie Studios was one of the first steps I took when planning my wedding. Tessa was great about helping me start the planning process even when I was across the country. My fiancé Joel and I had our engagement session with Tessa and her assistant in June and they did a great job keeping both of us and our two dogs smiling and having fun in 100+ degree heat. On the day of my wedding Tessa was prompt and ready to go from the moment she arrived. She even played superhero when the back stand of beading in my dress came apart and she re-beaded the strand so that everything remained perfect for my wedding day. I was so excited to get all of the photos back and they were absolutely stunning, so glad I found Tessa and I would definitely recommend working with Tessa for your wedding.

Sent on 12/05/2016

Courtney · Married on 06/13/2015

Choosing Tessa to shoot our wedding really was the easiest decision of them all. From the start she made it clear I was not just another bride, she genuinely cared about me, my husband and our wants/expectations. She answered all of my questions and provided tips and suggestions for more than just photography along the way. Her communication was always consistent and thorough. She did a phenomenal job capturing our wedding...she not only got the shots I had hoped for but SO many more. Your wedding day goes by so fast its hard to remember every single thing...Tessa retold the entire day and night of our wedding in her photos, I cannot give enough praise for her capturing those memories and capturing them so well. We went into this process as strangers and left as family, she is truly an amazing photographer but more importantly she is an amazing human. I look forward to the next time I get to shoot with her!

Sent on 07/01/2015

Lindsay · Married on 09/06/2014

I cannot even begin to explain how amazing Tessa is. I stressed for months about finding the perfect photographer, and after coming across her work, I immediately knew I wanted her to capture my wedding day. Tessa is extremely personable and really takes the time to get to know her clients. Although I never felt like a "client" with Tessa, more like a friend. Throughout my engagement, Tessa kept in touch and was always there to answer any questions. Aside from the experience you get with her, I cannot say enough about her work. I've never seen anything like it. Tessa has a special way of making you feel very comfortable in front of the camera, and making it fun! Our engagement shoot, and our wedding, were such a blast. At our wedding, it was probably 100 degrees outside and Tessa was literally running from place to place, laying on the ground to get the perfect angles, and it certainly paid off. I can honestly say she was the hardest worker at our wedding, and the pictures are proof. Her work is truly amazing. The compliments we've received on our pictures have been nonstop, and it's not just because of us. :) Tessa is worth every penny and I would recommend her to anyone!! I'm so glad to not only have met a photographer for future life events, but also a lifelong friend.

Sent on 09/22/2014

Karen · Married on 06/06/2014

Tessa was the photographer at my daughter and son in law's wedding. I couldn't wait to meet her because they had told me such good things about her. I have to say she was absolutely wonderful and easy to work with. She was so professional and captured every moment of the day. The pictures turned out beautiful. Her work is amazing and I would definitely recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 11/19/2014
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 05/04/2014

Tessa is an amazing photographer and captures every special moment of your special day. Her use of natural light is fantastic! Not only are here skills top notch, she makes her clients feel truly special!

Sent on 01/16/2015

Reba · Married on 03/15/2014

Looking at Tessa"s portfolio, I knew she would so a fantasic job on my daughters wedding . She has been very professional, and kind at the same time .. She captured moments that are instilled in our minds forever. Tessa has a passion for all her clients. She doesn't just hook the shoot and forget about you. She has had constant contact with us, and shared in so much if the details. It is great to are a young lady follow her dream with such passion. Not only did she do a wonderful job depicting the feeling of our wedding, but my entire family gained a friend. Tessa had to travel out of State for our wedding, and it was outdoors. Florida has many challenges in the outdoors, but Tessa made them beautiful. She is a fantastic photographer , and even a better person!!

Sent on 03/28/2014

Alice · Married on 07/03/2013

LOVE LOVE LOVE TESSA!

... As a Photographer
    Tessa works Magic! Tessa does not Photoshop people, Tessa doesn't NEED to. She makes everyone looks fabulous, she truly works wonders. I'm the type of person who lives and breaths with a camera in hand and she put me at ease knowing that she wouldn't miss a moment on our Big Day. Tessa is so flexible and considerate when making suggestions. She will do whatever it takes to get that shot and take you along for the wild ride. Tessa is an integral part of your day ~ people say you must like your Photographer- I think it helped that we LOVE her!

And her Photos! Soooo out-of-the Box.
    These are just Part 1 of our Photos, check back for Part 2!
    It rained a little but Tessa kept our spirits up, she does that :)

... As a Person
    Tessa does so much volunteer work and shoots for many campaigns for good causes. To find out more please visit her Website. She gives for much and expects nothing in return.

... As a Friend
    Tessa is fun, full of smiles and always looking to learn something new. She's the friend I always want to introduce things to: Have you shot at this location? Have you tried this food? Have you seen this dress? Although she lives in GA, I always look forward to her NYC visits. She sends notes and little gifts to keep in touch and what it all comes down to is that she puts in the effort and makes you want to reciprocate.

I work for a Major Camera Manufacturer and we have our fair share of "Pro Photographers". When shown Tessa's Photo's, they are all impressed with her natural talent and tell us we made the right choice.

Sent on 07/25/2013

Kristen · Married on 03/24/2013

I cannot say enough awesome stuff about Tessa! We absolutely love her!!!
    From first contacting her on her site, she called me within hours and we chatted on the phone like old friends. I felt comfortable with her so quickly and she really understood what was important to me, having some background in photography and film, and that you only have one day to get it right! She was so helpful with customizing a package for us. We increased our budget to get all that we wanted and to be able to use her, but it was still a great value and the best budget decision of the wedding!
    Along the way she would speak with us to get a better idea of us as a couple and what we envisioned. She even sent us little treats and gifts along the way! She is so professional and all of her packaging is also amazing! Her Pinterest is addicting also!! Haha
    She came up to NYC to do an engagement shot with us, even though it wasn't in our package, just so we could all get comfortable with each other and have more photos to enjoy! We had such a great time, it was relaxed, we were so comfortable, we had dinner with her after, and the pictures were fabulous! It made us and our guests that much more excited for the wedding day pictures.
    The day before the wedding we had Tessa and her assistant stop by our rehearsal dinner BBQ. We got to chat with her, get reacquainted, eat bbq of course, and discuss day of fun! She even met my best friend who showed me her website initially!
    Day of was the best! She was calm, organized, never rushed, kept me and my husband calm, and made sure we got beautiful shots. Even when our trolley for transport was late, then a bridesmaid was stuck at a further hotel, she rolled with it, made it smooth and even got some shots of it along the way. And we were still on schedule! After the ceremony, we got to the reception, but my planner wasn't there yet. Tessa stepped up and helped get us organized to be introduced to get it all moving until she got there?

Sent on 04/12/2013

Mary C. · Married on 10/13/2012

I first met Tessa when I was a bridesmaid in my friend Beth's wedding. After seeing Beth's AMAZING wedding pictures, I knew that Tessa had to do our wedding. It also helped that I had already experienced what she was like on the day of a wedding and how comfortable she makes everyone feel. I booked Tessa fairly soon after we got engaged as I wanted to make sure she was available on our wedding day. She did an incredible job on our engagement pictures and from the few teaser pictures I have seen of our wedding, I know that they will also be wonderful. Tessa goes above and beyond and treats you as if you are the only client that she has, when in reality she seems to have a wedding almost every weekend. I really can't say enough amazing things about Tessa and her work. One of the things that sets Tessa apart from other photographers is that in addition to simply being a good photographer, she has an incredible eye for such creative pictures. I'm always amazed at the shots that captures. You really can't find a better wedding photographer than Tessa and she is reasonably priced too!

Sent on 11/01/2012

Meredith · Married on 09/29/2012

I met Tessa at a bridal show and loved her pictures! I knew I wanted her for our wedding! We even won a free engagement session, which I can't thank her enough for. She makes you feel very comfortable and no pressure in front of the camera. You can tell she loves what she does and was always up for anything. Our wedding pictures turned out gorgeous and we will have those memories for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 11/29/2012

Casey · Married on 09/22/2012

If you want your pictures to be more than you ever imagined, I recommend Tessa. If you want to enjoy working with your photographer throughout the engagement period and on your wedding day, I recommend Tessa. If you want to feel comfortable and be yourself during your photography sessions, I recommend Tessa...she will make sure you feel and look your best!

Tessa was (and still is because I would definitely use her again) the best photographer I could have asked for. I had such a good time working with her and looked forward after each session to see the awesome pictures she captured! Tessa made me feel good about myself and made the whole process fun. She has an awesome eye for making an ordinary or even difficult location look majestic. I HIGHLY recommend Tessa if you are still looking for a photographer!! Consider your search over and just move on to the next wedding detail. ;)

Here's to a happy marriage and life long memories through the moments Tessa captures!! Cheers. :)

Sent on 10/18/2012

Stephanie · Married on 09/15/2012

After seeing Tessa's portfolio of work, I knew she would be the photographer to capture my special day. My wedding date kept changing due to 2 family member's terminal illnesses and subsequent deaths. So when it came time to try to set the date a third time, I contact Tessa to determine her availability and we set the date based on that. Afterwards, everthing else began to fall into place. She captured so many special moments from nervous first looks, exurberant laughter, and heartfelt tears. She has an amazing EYE; complemented by her creative nature and impeccable timing. There were many times when I was unaware that pictures were being taken. You have her full attention. I'm blessed to have had Tessa document my wedding day.

My 18 year old stepdaughter has already indicated that she has found her wedding photography when its her turn to get married.

I HIGHLY recommend her and am looking forward to followup photography sessions.

Love you Tessa. Keep up the GREAT work.

Sent on 10/23/2012
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 07/06/2012

From the moment I saw Tessa Marie's website and her pictures I knew she would be perfect and she did not disappoint! Living in Texas and planning the wedding in Georgia, all planning was done over email and phone calls. She even set up a Skype meeting so that we could see each other in person prior to the wedding. With me being detailed oriented she and Lydia laid out the day of timeline so we could plan accordingly perfectly. The day of she arrived to the house that we were getting ready in already having staked the location out and had picked out some good spots for pictures. They went right to work capturing us getting ready and detailing the dress and accessories. When I was ready, we set off for a bridal session which was great. She gave such awesome direction so that I never felt awkwardly posed and it all felt fun and natural. Throughout the entire ceremony and reception I always felt that she was right there capturing all of the special moments. We even got to see some sneak peaks of a few photos that night which she passed around for guests to see which was unexpected and amazing. The pictures are breath taking and I'm not just being partial....you can see for yourself by visiting her website. In looking at the pictures of our wedding I can feel all over again what I felt that day. I am ecstatic knowing that I will have these pictures for a lifetime which ignite such happiness when I look at them!

Sent on 07/22/2012

Meggan · Married on 07/01/2012

Tessa captured the love and happiness of our wedding day in every single picture. We highly recommend her to all of our family and friends. We hope to use Tessa as our photographer for as many different events as she will let us. We are forever in debt to her for what an amazing job she did on such an important day.

Sent on 11/26/2012

Jeannene · Married on 06/16/2012

Wow! How do you sum up how great Tessa Marie Weddings is? She was incredible! Not only is Tessa extremely talented and gifted with the precious memories she captures of your wedding day, she is a pure joy to work with! She quickly becomes your friend as you feel comfortable working with her and she is so personable. I can't say enough about how wonderful she is and the photos she takes are timeless. Her pictures capture the best day of your life and she is the best photographer! Why would you settle for anything less? Book her today! :)

Sent on 07/19/2012

Absolutely the best photographer!! She is everything I wanted in my wedding photographer and made everything so easy. The pictures were absolutely gorgeous!

Sent on 06/25/2012

Casey · Married on 05/26/2012

Tessa is absolutely amazing!! As soon as I saw her pictures I knew that she was the photographer for us. I can't stress enough how important the photographer's personality is on your wedding day. The photographer is someone you will be spending the most time with on your precious day. Tessa instantly made my husband and I feel at ease and we became friends the first time we met her. It was like having someone you've known for years take gorgeous pictures of you and feeling completely comfortable the entire time. She is amazing and was definitely the right choice!

Sent on 09/23/2012

I know I am just the MOB, but let me tell you, Tessa is the most amazing photographer EVER!!! My daughter first saw her pictures on line and knew this is who she wanted to photograph the most important day of her life. We were not disappointed at all. From the onset, Tessa went out of her way to make everyone relax and enjoy the ride. She took time to personally meet and get to know each of us. She listened to our hopes and dreams and made each one come true. Everything she did was as if she were reliving her wedding all over again through us! She wanted everything to be as perfect as we wanted it to be. The little things she does: prays for you and with you, the book she sent, the gift card for the bride and groom to get coffee the week of, the personalized business cards, the slide show presentation of pictures...I could go on and on. The bottom line is, we had a business transaction with a photographer who grew to be a great friend to us. I cannot imagine recommending another photographer to anyone else. With Tessa, you will NEVER be disappointed!! God bless you, Tessa!

Sent on 09/24/2012

Jessica · Married on 05/12/2012

When planning my wedding, I knew immediately that photography was the most important to me... and I know how scary it can be to pick a vendor for something so important! I chose Tessa Marie Weddings with confidence and high expectations, and I was not disappointed. She really took the time to get to know me, and gain an understanding of what I truly wanted to get out of my wedding photography. I openly can admit that me and my husband are a little "camera-shy" and not sure what to do in front of the camera. Tessa and her assistant gave us the perfect amount of direction with still allowing our individual personalities to shine. LOVE them!

Sent on 11/25/2012

Amanda · Married on 05/05/2012

Tessa was everything I wanted in a wedding photographer! She was so friendly and professional. Over the course of my engagement, she was always right there to answer my questions and/or concerns and always responded in a timely manner! On the day of the wedding, she and Lydia came early to capture all the little details that I never would have even thought about. I loved how much Tessa took a variety of photos and captured every emotion from everyone! All my pictures had so much personality! They weren't your traditional wedding photos, they were full of life! And the pictures were ready in DAYS - not weeks! I couldn't believe that they were ready by the time we got back from our honeymoon. Tessa Marie is the best wedding photographer, and I HIGHLY recommend her!

Sent on 06/06/2012

Donelle · Married on 12/27/2011

Tessa flew in to Illinois to not only do my son's engagement pictures, but also photograph his wedding even though it was two days after Christmas. Not only did she do the wedding, but spent extra time the day before and the day after. My son hates having his picture taken, but you would never know it. Tessa was able to get him to relax so his true self came through. She truly captured the love my son and daughter-in-law have for each other. She has become more than a photographer to our combined families. She has become a friend.

Sent on 12/21/2014

Tessa did a great job with our wedding! What excited us most about her portfolio was her ability to capture beautiful moments that remind everyone of how special the wedding day really is.

Working with her was painless. Her response to our questions was quick and helpful. We are very grateful for her talent and would recommend her without any hesitation.

Sent on 10/23/2012