Templeton Landing Reviews

Templeton Landing 2
Templeton Landing 3
  • Lori

Lori · Married on 07/02/2017

I booked our wedding October 2015 through a wedding show they had. I fell in love with the Skyline room and the water view. I fortunately was offered a deal I could not refuse. During the time from booking and our event, there were staff changes and delay in communication. However, at the end it was pulled off beyond my expectations. I was worried through all the things I read on facebook. Yet, now I am proof...it will all work out and be beautiful. I was actually upgraded to the upper terrace for our ceremony. It was spacious and beautiful. All the staff involved made it a beautiful day despite trying to run the regular restaurant and our event. The food was amazing. We had asked for hot sauce to be put on each table. Well, guests unfortunately did not read my posted menu, as they mixed it up thinking it was french dressing. That still did not deter them from enjoying the rest of their meal. We ordered the steak in the grass and champagne chicken. All afternoon, people were telling us what a wonderful time they had.

Sent on 07/10/2017

Angeline · Married on 08/01/2015

My husband and I were married at Templeton Landing on August 1st and were thrilled with the experience. Originally we had planned to marry on the Skyline Patio and move indoors to the Skyline Room for the reception but rain spoiled our plans. Alison Potter and her team quickly transformed the Skyline Room to accommodate our ceremony and it was even better than we imagined (romantic, intimate, beautiful). The staff was outstanding: friendly, accommodating, respectful, and quick.

The food was amazing! Our guests kept telling us how delicious everything was and how pleasantly surprised they were by the meal since wedding meals usually aren't great. If for nothing else, book Templeton Landing for the food.

When we were planning the wedding I had a vision for long farm tables instead of traditional rounds. Even though Templeton Landing had not done a wedding in that format before, they were flexible and quick to move forward with the plan and it looked great.

Customer service was great, too. There was a billing error the week leading up to the wedding and Alison quickly resolved the issue and made amends with some complimentary items to make up for the error.

We were so glad to be married at Templeton Landing!

Sent on 08/17/2015

We had our wedding in May, and could not have asked for a better day or reception location! From the grand ballroom of Templeton Landing to the upstairs rooftop patio, it was truly spectacular! We had our cocktail hour up on the roof, where guests were served our signature drink and enjoyed the open bar. Afterwards, guests were ushered down into the grand ballroom for food and dancing the rest of the evening.

Upon arriving, only my husband and I were allowed to peak inside the grand ballroom to see it fully decorated. I couldn't have imagined it turning out any more beautifully! Our guests had nothing but good things to say about Templeton, and the rooftop bar overlooking the Buffalo waterfront was something that really sets this location apart from the rest. We really owe the experience to Alison Potter, the Director of Catering and the rest of her staff!

There were only a few minor flaws. There was some confusion in terms of what needed to be provided from us in terms of guests meals, as we did a sit-down dinner. A few of the guests, at least at the head table, did not get what they at least claimed they had ordered on their response card. But overall, the food was delicious and everyone enjoyed their meal! Also, it had been our understanding that the rooftop bar would be open for the evening. However, it seemed to close after the end of the cocktail hour. However, it really was not an issue and plenty of selection in the ballroom bar! In the end, it was probably a good thing anyway, to keep all of the guests together and on the dance floor.

Sent on 06/05/2015

The food was excellent as was the service. The assisted with last minute requests with zero hesitation.

Sent on 03/03/2014

I had my reception at Templeton and had a great experience with them. The venue is beautiful and everything turned out great. The staff was professional and knew exactly what they were doing. I feel like I didn't see them all night but I think that was a good sign that they were handling everything, so that I could enjoy myself. I received many compliments on the beautiful venue.

Sent on 12/23/2013

Alison was easy to work with She went out of her way to help make the day the way the bride and groom wanted it Beautiful location and venue

Sent on 06/02/2015

Brett · Married on 06/28/2014

My wife and I chose Templeton Landing as the site of our rehearsal dinner and we could not have been happier with our choice. The banquet team at Templeton did an excellent job of accommodating us and our guests throughout the event. Banquet Manager, Jennifer, was tremendous as she provided great suggestions of what has worked will with the space in the past as well putting together a plan that matched the atmosphere that we wanted to have for our rehearsal dinner. Additionally, having the outside patio reserved for our party provided an outdoor setting to relax and enjoy a waterfront setting in downtown Buffalo. We would highly recommend Templeton Landing to anyone considering a rehearsal dinner in the downtown Buffalo area.

Sent on 07/27/2014

katie · Married on 10/13/2017

4.2
      3.0

If you had asked me a little over a month ago how I felt about Templeton landing I wouldn't have had many good things to say... We booked the venue a year ago with a coordinator there that we really liked. But she left...and we saw many others come and go, seeming to get worse as we acquired a new one! The worst one left inexplicably a couple weeks before the wedding (which we weren't informed of). At this point I was sure the wedding would be an expensive mess. But out of nowhere we got Amber Walsh who completely turned everything around. She was competent and answered every question. She decorated the room flawlessly. She is amazing. Our wedding was so perfect. Thank you Amber. I hope they keep you happy there!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Michelle · Married on 10/01/2017

4.2
      1.0

My husband and I were engaged for just over a year and booked Templeton for our big day only a month or two after we got engaged. Over the year of planning there was a large amount of turnover and we went through a total of 5 different coordinators. Our 4th coordinator left 2 weeks before our wedding and I was not contacted by Templeton to inform me of this. There was much left unplanned when the last person left and I was incredibly worried that the day would not pan out. I can thankfully say that they proved my fears wrong. Our 5th and final coordinator was Amber Walsh. She came in to the game with less than 2 weeks to go and pulled it off without a hitch. She was attentive and resolved all minor issues we encountered flawlessly. The food was incredible and our guests raved about it the entire night, and the room was decorated to perfection. The wait staff and team that took over once Amber left for the evening was polite, professional and continued the excellent service until the last guest left. Regardless of our early experience with Templeton, we are so glad we chose to get married there and we would not have changed a thing about the day of. We are grateful to everyone that put in so much work to make the day as amazing as it was.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Donna · Married on 08/23/2019

1.6

Horrible. Would not. Recommend

Was just at a wedding on 8/23/2019. It was HORRIBLE. Assigned seating no numbers on tables. Salt and pepper on request only. Took almost 2 hours to get food. It seemed like this was their first rodeo. Please DO NOT book a wedding here. Save your money and go somewhere else

Sent on 08/24/2019