Tealight Events by Carina McLaughlin Reviews

46 | Van Nuys, CA

46 Reviews for Tealight Events by Carina McLaughlin

Kass · Married on 07/15/2017

Carina was absolutely amazing and beyond. She saved us after a bad experience with another planner. I can't imagine what the day or months leading up to the wedding would have been like without her. Try lifesaver. And a great person as well she has fantastic ideas too.

Chau · Married on 07/31/2016

Carina was so amazing and I couldn't thank her enough. We were very last minute and didn't decide to hire a wedding planner until 6 months before our wedding date in summer 2016. We wanted to do the venue scout on our own, before we realized that no progress has been made after 2 months of search. We booked her for the full service from finding the right venue, selecting vendors, negotiating pricing, decorating, to coordinating the event. Within 1 month, we successfully secured the venue of our dream, the Humming Bird Nest Ranch. It was far from what we had expected and surely exceeded our expectation. She is experienced and has a lot of connections with vendors in the wedding industry which gave us the options to pick and choose the one we like at the right pricing. One of the most important aspect of planning your wedding is to stay within your budget and be mindful with all the expenses. Carina helped us to keep track of the $ amount at every step. She was also very flexible and accommodating when it came to setting out the time to visit the venues and vendors with us, even on the weekend. My fiancee then and I both own our businesses which take up the majority of our time; having a wedding planner definitely guided us through the planning process and helped us to make the right decisions. I always came to Carina for help at the last minute and it was never too much to ask. We didn't plan to have a videographer and 4 weeks before the wedding I decided that I wanted to have one ( I know...) And of course I had a budget and a very specific idea of the videographer's style. She came back to me with a few options which I ended up saying no to. She didn't give up searching for the right one and 2 weeks before the wedding, she found me a videographer who met my budget, my style, and also was available for my wedding date. I couldn't be happier. If I had to do my wedding all over again I would definitely hire Carina as my planner!

Molly · Married on 05/14/2016

I would recommend Carina McLaughlin and Tealight Events to anyone without hesitation. Working with Carina and Tealight was easy and enjoyable from start to finish. Fantastic industry relationships and recommendations, impressive responsiveness, calm and friendly at all times--wonderful to work with at every stage of planning. Our wedding had quite a few moving parts (including guest shuttles and setting up a kitchen on-site), and Carina/Tealight made it all fun and a total success! On top of all of that, the pricing options for Tealight's services are a great value (especially in Los Angeles).

We hired Carina as a month-of wedding coordinator for our October wedding. From the first conversation we had on the phone, I knew I was in great hands. She was kind, patient, and professional. She made everything easy for me: provided me with checklists, set up Google Docs so we could keep track of all of the vendor information, set up our meetings well in advance (and came to me!), and ran a wonderful wedding. My whole family was impressed by her pragmatic style and approach, and I received many compliments from the wedding party on her professionalism. I can't recommend her highly enough!

Jamie · Married on 05/02/2015

We hired Carina for day-of coordination for our wedding. She was friendly, organized, and took charge when necessary, and was a perfect balance of laid back + in charge for us. She helped with organizing and running the ceremony rehearsal the day before, which was a huge help since we had asked a family member to be our officiant. When we arrived at the venue and I saw for the first time how the decorations for the reception had been arranged, I was completely in awe -- Carina had set everything up perfectly, exactly how I had envisioned. Throughout the night, she helped keep us on schedule, but was also able to improvise when needed. Thanks to Carina, I was able to hold over the reins and just enjoy our wedding day!

Carina helped us with our rehearsal and our day-of planning, and I don't think we could have done it without her! Our "minister" was a friend who had not performed a wedding, and she helped walk us through the ceremony that we'd planned the night before and had us focus on the things that would be the most important on our wedding day. On the day of our wedding, she was there helping to get things set up, keep things organized, and make sure people were where they needed to be. Her help was very much appreciated! Everything looked beautiful, everything stayed organized, and the event flowed smoothly. Thank you, Carina!

My daughter was getting married in LA and I live 2000 miles away! Thanks to Carina, the wedding reception was beautiful and went without a hitch! The wedding was held at a private venue so we needed to arrange for a caterer, bartender, bring in tables and chairs, arrange transportation for our guests, etc. Carina found all the vendors and helped us make the right choices. She even provided lovely floral arrangements when we couldn’t seem to find a florist who understood what we wanted. Carina is pleasant and easy to work with. In short, we couldn’t have done it without her.

Allyson · Married on 06/14/2014

I hired Carina for her month-of planning package. Basically I chose all the vendors, negotiated the contracts, etc and then handed it off to Carina the month before to arrange the scheduling and make sure everything was set up the way we discussed it at the walk through. She was also available for questions via phone or email any time prior to the wedding (which not all wedding coordinators do, so that was a really nice feature). I had my wedding at one location (a church) and the reception at a second location, so I knew that day-of coordination would be essential for everything to run smoothly. Carina was everything I could have hoped for in a coordinator. She was calm and collected at every meeting - from the walk-through to the day of the wedding. She was organized, made sure everything ran smoothly, made sure the decorations looked fabulous, and, most importantly, made sure that I and my family had nothing to worry about and could simply enjoy the event. Before I hired Carina, my mom had tried to convince me that a coordinator wasn't necessary. After the event, my mom couldn't imagine having the wedding without her. It was obvious how essential Carina was to the success of the wedding. We were all so happy to have her there and I am extremely glad I decided to hire her. Thank you Carina for making my wedding such a wonderful experience!

Our review is LONG overdue. We hired Carina for her month-of wedding coordinating services after we had a terrible experience with a previous less than charming wedding planner we hired a year prior to our wedding date. I was disheartened and overwhelmed with our weddings just 2 months out when I found Carina. She assured us we were in a good place and would help tie up the loose ends. She was a complete lifesaver.

We had already booked most of the vendors and such but really needed a point person to coordinate all the details. Carina did a wonderful job picking up where the other planner left off and ran with it. She even caught and corrected potentially disastrous mistakes our previous planner made. Carina was organized, attentive, and such a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Tealight Events. My only regret is that I wish I found Carina sooner!

Danielle · Married on 05/31/2014

I knew from the moment I first sat down with Carina that I would hire her. I'd been meeting with a few other Day-Of Coordinators, and she was the only one who instantly put me at ease during my 1-Year-Out meltdown. In my first interview with her (not yet hired, mind you) she gave me advice on the things that were overwhelmingly stressing me out in my wedding planning. Just talking to her made me feel like I had more of a handle on things than I thought I did. And even though we only hired her as DOC, she was always available to answer my emails with the various questions and concerns I encountered while, for instance trying to hire caterers and figure out rentals. On the wedding day everything went perfectly. I was so glad I was able to let go of worrying about anything; if any problems came up, I still don't know about them. I was so grateful to have her there, and even if you're like me and can't afford a full-time coordinator, Carina is absolutely the best choice because she will always be ready and willing to answer your crazy questions along the way.

Joey · Married on 04/29/2014

Carina couldn't have been more perfect for our wedding. She was calm, in control and handled everything with great professionalism and a smile. We were so lucky to work together on my wedding, making me reassured that everything was going to happen correctly and in a timely fashion. I can't thank her enough for everything she did for us - from transporting all our handmade items and setting them up to coordinating with all of our fantastic vendors to helping us stay calm while lining up for the ceremony. If you have a need for a coordinator, she is the one!

Maria · Married on 10/26/2013

Carina from Tealight Weddings & Events was a breath of fresh air and we knew we wanted her to be our wedding coordinator right away. We hired Carina as our month of coordinator and were so happy we did. Because of the venue we chose, it was very important to have a coordinator to bring all of the elements that we've arranged together on our special day. She was great with email and phone correspondence throughout the month and during our face to face meetings. The day of the wedding she and her assistant were a pleasure to work with.
    Our wedding day was a huge success and we thank Carina for making it all run smoothly :)

Thanks,
    Maria & Pablo Gonzalez

• Nayiri

Nayiri · Married on 10/05/2013

What can I say about Carina? She is absolutely amazing! Not only is she professional and VERY organized, but she's also super friendly, easy to get along with, and very laid back.

I had a very large (like 350 guests large) wedding, plus an equally large wedding party of 18! The last thing I wanted to happen on my wedding day was to have our family members be put in a position where they have to deal with all the problems that will inevitably arise at such a large wedding.

In came Carina. I met Carina about a year before my wedding. I immediately fell in love with her and knew I wanted her to be my day-of wedding coordinator. I saw her again about 2 weeks before the wedding during a walk-through of the venue. She was so organized and professional, asked all the right questions and made sure I was thinking about all the last minute details that needed to get done. Let's just say I was a little bit stressed out at this point in time, but she made me feel like everything was under control and that everything would be fine.

Carina was also there to take care of things when they went wrong on the wedding day. The waiter opened the bottle of Dom we had bought to be opened during the cake cutting. I immediately told Carina, and within 15 minutes, we had a replacement bottle of Dom ready for the cake cutting. Also, a sparkler burned a hole in my dress (conveniently right where the button and the hook for the bustle were). Carina had safety pins and a sewing kit (something that had not crossed any of our minds) and was able to bustle my dress for me, despite the wardrobe malfunction.

All in all, Carina was awesome! If you’re looking for a day-of wedding coordinator (or even a more full-time one), look no further than Carina. You won’t regret it!

Relic · Married on 08/04/2013

Carina is amazingly talented as a wedding coordinator. My husband and I were quite last minute about planning, because neither of us knew what we were doing. Carina was patient, organized, and graceful in her handling of the planning leading up to the wedding. On the wedding day she maintained a calm disposition while orchestrating the wedding, despite that many of my family members were quite free-spirited (i.e. not following directions) for the ceremony. The reception all happened seamlessly, because Carina was there to make sure the music, toasts, dances, etc. were taking place at the right time. She also reminded me to eat to make sure I wouldn't suddenly keel over. All the vendors came and went and everything tied up beautifully in the end, and I presume that is all attributable to Carina's organization (since I was not involved with managing anything on wedding day).

I particularly loved that she was very organized and made sure all of the details to the wedding day were lined up beforehand. She was also flexible in meeting us for the tasting and rehearsal, given that we don't live in town and were rarely around during the months prior to the wedding. She was flexible with working with both me, the groom, and my sister (who helped take over my job in making decisions for the wedding, since I was taking the Bar).

Carina really knows what she's doing, and I would recommend her to any bride!!

Eric · Married on 06/22/2013

Carina was awesome. We had a great time. I was a wedding DJ for 13 years and I was impressed. Thank you Carina!!!!

Sydney · Married on 06/08/2013

Carina was the day-of coordinator for my wedding. In addition to her day-of duties, she also provided rehearsal coordination and advised me on various wedding matters leading up to the event as part of the coordination package. She is VERY on-the-ball in organization, communicates promptly and thoroughly (YAY), just has an incredible instinct for coordination.

I am very do-it-myself in terms of planning, since I plan events for work; however, I knew that the best thing for my sanity on my wedding day would be to designate someone else as the air-traffic controller. I am so, so very glad that I hired Carina. She put everyone in our wedding party at ease at our rehearsal, and provided incredible guidance for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception on the day of. The wedding vendors were coordinated exactly as planned, and Carina even sent me text messages per my request to update me on cake status, etc. while I was getting ready for the ceremony. We had a few minor hiccups/delays due to late family arrivals, and Carina really kept on top of checking in with me and shuffling our timeframe as needed to accommodate things. Her management was seamless.

My biggest wish for this wedding was that all of my family and guests would get to just sit back and enjoy the festivities -- especially my mom and sisters, who tend to end up working to run all of our family events. Getting to see everyone really let go and have a great time at the wedding -- without having to lift a finger to work -- was priceless. I can't thank you enough, Carina! :)

Christine · Married on 12/01/2012

Carina was an absolute lifesaver! As a more DIY kind of bride, i debated for a long time whether I needed a wedding coordinator and was beginning to struggle dealing with some vendors as the date neared the wedding day. Carina came to the rescue!! She was so quick in her response to my inquiry from the beginning, and very flexible with timing and punctual, adjusting easily and without hesitation to my hectic schedule. She has great energy and optimism that I felt reflected my own, and thus we got along great! She showed up to vendor meetings and even spoke up for me to protect my interests when I was so frustrated I felt like giving up. She went out of her way to do services that she wasnt necessarily required to do as well. Carina always makes sure you are okay with whatever may need to happen at the last minute instead of just doing it on her own and later risking upsetting the bride. She very organized and she knows what shes doing, and for the lack of a better way to say this, follows instructions and ur wishes to the T. In the end, it was worth every penny and more to have her as my wedding day coordinator. Everything went so smoothly b/c of her and I cannot recommend her enough!! She was like my other maid of honor =)

Sarah · Married on 06/09/2012

My wedding was the best day of my life and I owe so much to Carina for that!

Firstly, my wedding was at an outdoor vineyard that required everything to be brought in… chairs, lighting, generators, cooking stations, etc. I had at least a dozen vendors as well – some of whom had never been to the venue before. It demanded careful planning and execution and Carina was on top of it both leading up to the day and on the day itself.

Secondly, I did some DIY décor and was worried about the placement/logistics on the day of the wedding. Carina, however, helped to make the layout absolutely beautiful and the process went very smoothly.

Lastly, Carina was always accommodating and able to think on her toes. My wedding dress ripped slightly after the ceremony but she was able to sew it up quickly for me during the cocktail hour. Our wedding also ran a little late but she stayed and really hustled to help me get out of the venue on time.

But what I think makes Carina a great coordinator is the fact that she’s very organized and responsive but at the same time has a laid back demeanor. She was always there to do what was needed and tell the vendors what needed to get done but she wasn’t over-bearing like some coordinators can be. She has a great attitude and even my guests/vendors commented on how great she was.

• Kristen

Kristen · Married on 11/05/2011

Carina was our wedding planner/coordinator for our Palm Springs wedding last fall and was absolutely fabulous. We wanted someone who we could use as a week-of coordinator, and also potentially add on services during the planning stage if things got too crazy, and Carina was really flexible and reasonably-priced. She was very easy to deal with - friendly and professional, with great ideas and helpful tips but also very willing to listen to what was most important to us. And she really did a wonderful job making sure our rehearsal and wedding went off smoothly, working with our other vendors, managing guests and the wedding party, making last minute adjustments when it rained the day before, handling little odds and ends that we'd run out of time to do, etc. We never had to worry about any of the timing or logistics on the day of, which was exactly what I'd hoped! We highly recommend her for anyone in the LA area!

elizabeth · Married on 10/02/2011

If you think you should coordinate your own event to save money -- STOP right there. Don't do it! If you want your wedding day to be smooth and stress free, you will hire Carina and Tealight Weddings & Events to take care of you. Carina is amazing!

We had started to look for a "Day of" coordinator about 6 weeks before the wedding. When we met with Carina, we knew we didn't have to look any further. There were so many things left to do and think about, that I just couldn't imagine how they would get done. And as soon we met her, she asked the right questions, discussed structure and important aspects of the event that we would have never thought of and would have certainly fallen through the cracks. Then, as she described what she would do for us as our DOC, I was finally able to breathe.

Among other things, she will handle all of the details you won't want to take care of during your wedding, like making sure your family members and guests are where they're supposed to be when they're supposed to be there (so they won't bother you!). We were able to just enjoy our big event, because we knew that whatever details needed to be handled, Carina would take care of them. She's kind, caring, amazingly organized and a total professional.

So if having a Wedding Day Coordinator isn't part of your budget, it really should be -- I can absolutely say, Carina is worth it! We don't know how we could have made it through the day without her. Thank you, Carina, it was perfect.

Jennifer · Married on 07/30/2011

When you are planning a wedding everyone says "SOMETHING is bound to go wrong." I can honestly say that nothing went wrong on my wedding day, mostly due to the help of Carina from Tealight Weddings. She put us at ease during every meeting and assured us that everything would go smooth. She was right, and our wedding day was perfect. She is extremely professional, responsive and easy to work with. I would definitely recommend her for wedding coordination. Thanks Carina!!

Amanda · Married on 05/20/2011

I knew from the beginning that I wanted a “day of” planner for my wedding. Everyone told me that it was the best money they spent in the whole wedding. Boy were they right! Carina from Tealight Weddings was AWESOME! I interviewed several day of planners before talking to Carina but unlike the other planners, I immediately clicked with her. Her experience and professionalism was obvious as soon as we started chatting and in one conversation, my just budding ideas for my wedding started to become more concrete
    . We did a walk through at the site and she took notes and asked questions about things I almost certainly would have forgotten or never even thought to ask. Throughout the planning process Carina was always there when I needed advice. I emailed her probably about 10 times in 9 months about details and ideas I had and how things were coming along. She always answered promptly and in detail – SO reassuring when you get close to the wedding and are dodging meltdowns every other day.
    On the day of the wedding, Carina was there through it all, working with vendors and even lacing up my dress when no one knew how! I can say with complete happiness that if anything went wrong at my wedding, I had no idea about it and that is why I sing Carina’s praises.

Ann · Married on 10/02/2010

Carina was amazing! We hired her for day-of coordination, but she was extremely helpful in the weeks leading up to our wedding. She is professional, extremely organized, and a genuinely good person. I remember how wonderful it felt to meet with her when we had our final catering meeting with our venue. She knew exactly what questions to ask the venue to make sure everything went well. She has a wonderful, mellow personality and it's so easy to get along with her. The day of the wedding could not have gone more smoothly and it was amazing just to know she was there to make sure it was that way. I would recommend Tealight to everyone planning a wedding.

Christine · Married on 09/25/2010

We adore Carina! She helped us pick our wedding venue and was our DOC. Through the whole process, she was incredibly warm, fun, patient, and understanding, yet also a total professional who is meticulous to a tee and will be your advocate each step of the way.

In terms of the venue search: We may not have chosen our venue (Adamson House) without Carina's help. We knew right away it was perfect for us, but its very complicated set of rules and vendor requirements was intimidating. Carina did research on the venue and gave us advice
    on what to watch out for, so we were 100% comfortable making the decision to book there. Afterwards, she also gave us a few bits of valuable advice and excellent vendor recommendations (many of which we used, with fantastic results).

In terms of the day-of coordination: During the final weeks, Carina was always available to us and there was never a question that she didn't answer promptly and comprehensively. During our venue
    walk-through, she asked questions we wouldn't have thought of and made sure our interests were 100% protected (including having our back when there were errors in our rentals inventory and even a change in catering managers the week before the wedding). She ran our 35-person ceremony rehearsal smoothly and on time so everyone knew exactly what they were doing. On the day of the wedding, she made sure everything went seamlessly. Our guests felt at ease around her and our wedding party knew she was on top of everything. Because of Carina, even though I'm very OCD and overly meticulous by nature, I was able to completely let go of the details on the wedding day and the groom and I had a total blast the entire time.

Sarah · Married on 09/05/2010

Carina was literally a life saver. I don't think our wedding would have gone nearly so well if we hadn't had her there.

She was highly organized, available when needed, and superb at dealing with crisis.

On the day of our wedding we had two major issues that Carina handled gracefully and professionally.

1) Our officiant was ill and sent a less then stellar replacement. He messed up our ceremony and Carina seamlessly managed to incorporate neglected parts of our ceremony into the beginning of the reception which went off without a hitch and created a memorable moment.

2) Our cake was in a car accident on the way to the reception, and while luckily no one was injured the cake failed to make it to the event intact. Carina, managed to help us get several small replacement cakes and have the florist decorate them to resemble a dessert bar, which turned out very nicely under the circumstances. If we hadn't had her, and myself or my family would have needed to deal with this cake issue I can guarantee it would not have turned out so well.

Throughout the ceremony and reception, everything remained on schedule and other little bumps along the way were handled easily. Carina was easily the best investment we made for our wedding. She proved to be indispensable!