Taylored Weddings Reviews

108 | Escanaba, MI

108 Reviews for Taylored Weddings

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Tim · Married on 12/27/2014

Mitch and his crew are top notch! We were looking for more than just someone to play music and that's what we got! Brad was the Emcee and DJ for our Reception. He was extremely easy to work with before, during and after our event. He was creative with the program and TAYLORED it to our wishes. During the night there was a dance off, Brad and assistant Allison were very quick and professional to adjust and make the event continue to run smoothly and able to be enjoyed by all! There is definitely a difference between just a DJ and an event coordinator and Taylored Weddings was worth every dime! The ability to incorporate special recordings and music to honor family members during the night was important to us and they delivered flawlessly. We are so pleased with Taylored Weddings and recommend them to everyone. Thank you Mitch, Brad, Allison!

Sent on 03/10/2015

Bryan & Cynthia M. B · Married on 11/01/2014

Our experience with our first daughters wedding was 5* and we wanted to provide the same experience for our youngest daughter. Taylored Weddings provided excellent guidance though well planned monthly contacts, personal interviews, e-mails, phone calls and special family requests that often involved creative planning. Taylored Weddings achieved a flawless finish and a beautiful memory of a very important day in the lives of two joined families.

Sent on 11/25/2014

Megan · Married on 10/25/2014

Taylored Weddings was the absolute best! It was way more than just a DJ. They helped us with pretty much anything we needed for our wedding! They were very organized, had great customer service, and planned out the whole night so everyone at the reception kept entertained and involved! I would recommend them to everyone!! :)

Sent on 11/09/2014

Amy · Married on 10/25/2014

Taylored weddings made our wedding better than I could have imagined. With all the planning meetings and the effort they put in to it, it is definitely worth the money. We had Josh and Allison as our DJ's and Josh was on the dance floor helping us with moves to dances like the cupid shuffle. The kids loved him! We bought light up disco sticks (which I highly recommend) from them and not only did the kids love them but they make pictures come out really cute. Taylored weddings is definitely the DJ service to go with in the area. Yes they are a little more pricey but Mitch goes above and beyond to not only get to know you and figure out exactly what you want on your wedding day but he is there whenever you need him. They were definitely the reason why I wasn't stressed in the planning process.

Sent on 12/05/2014
  • Sarahdell

Sarah · Married on 10/11/2014

Mitch Taylor knows his craft. He made our reception unforgettable.
    This man will take your ideas and run with them or help you develop some! When we started planning, my husband and I did not know what we wanted except to say that we wanted our wedding guests to be impressed.
    Our very first visit with Mitch (before we even committed to booking him), we were greeted with a personalized folder with important information for our day and a book (and actual hard cover book) on how to make our reception the best. For Free.
    He walked us through what he had to offer and asked about my husband and I and our courtship in order to get an idea of who we were and what we were looking for. We were sold before the meeting was over and booked him then and there.
    As we got to know Mitch and he got to know our style, he had suggestion after suggestion of what we could do to make our event that much better and more “us”. We had two very productive planning meetings which involved planning our entrance, our special activities, our atmosphere and our music.
    What did we end up with? A reception to impress. We had an amazing and unforgettable entrance. We had special touches such as: the Shoelywed game, a Love Story, photo montages for the mother/son and father/daughter dance. None of those would have happened without Mitch.
    Other bonuses: he can keep a secret!
    When my Mother-In-Law called him pleading to know the song choice for the mother/son dance, he didn’t crack under pressure!
    Also, my dad called in Mitch’s expertise and help for a very unique toast/speech at the reception. All of which I knew nothing about until it happened.
    Mitch is higher priced than most other DJs in the area but let’s face it: You Get What You Pay For. AND, he’s not just a DJ. While I was a little reluctant to spend the money, I am not disappointed in the least. Mitch OVER-delivered on his services and made our day the amazing time that it was. It would not have been as amazing without him!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Aaron · Married on 09/27/2014

Taylored Weddings provided excellent entertainment for our wedding reception! The music was a great variety to please all guests and Brad and Allison were great personalities. The guests had a great time with 'What's in your wallet', it really livened up the crowd while they waited for dinner. The guests also mentioned how much they liked the slide show of photos of us. Taylored Weddings provided us with a personalized wedding reception that fit our personalities and also entertained our guests. They provide much more than a traditional DJ and it made our wedding reception all the more memorable. We couldn't be happier with the success of our wedding day and Taylored Weddings played a large part in that!

Sent on 10/11/2014

Shawna · Married on 08/09/2014

Mitch Taylor did an amazing job personalizing our wedding day. He allowed our nerdy sides to come out and listened to what kind of mood we wanted to set. He made sure the day ran smooth from beginning to end. We didn't have to worry about a thing. Definitely recommended!

Sent on 08/16/2014

Casey · Married on 06/07/2014

We can't even describe how much Taylored Weddings helped with our wedding. They helped with decisions and gave many unique ideas. Mitch officiated our wedding ceremony, provided awesome entertainment, put together many unique videos and songs, and provided perfect direction throughout the night. Taylored Weddings has it all...and more! We would like to repeat our day just so we can have as much fun as we did at our wedding, thanks to Taylored Weddings. Check them out if you want to have the most unique and awesome wedding!

Sent on 06/24/2014

KC · Married on 09/14/2013

Thank you so much for everything, Mitch! It was truly a pleasure working with you - you are a dedicated professional who takes doing a great job very seriously and to heart! Without you, I know things wouldn’t have run so smoothly and I’m so appreciative for everything that you did! We would absolutely highly recommend Taylored Weddings to anyone!

Sent on 09/18/2013

Katie · Married on 06/29/2013

Taylored Weddings is an amazing Events Service! They provide lots of personal touches to make you feel extra special about the entertainment at your venue. Mitch felt like a close friend rather than our DJ. We loved getting to work with him on creating a perfect wedding reception. He is full of wonderful ideas that make your event different from everyone else. They make their schedules open to you as much as they can. He even came to us, when we couldn't go to them! Made us feel so important.

Taylored Weddings associates on the day of your event focus on you; making sure that everything is running smoothly and if it's not, then finding the solution. Made me feel like I had a personal assistant for the evening. Taylored Weddings also provided a fabulous photo-booth that helped make our guests feel special and allowed them to have so much fun. We received numerous comments about how amazing Taylored Weddings was from our guests and how they may look to them in the future for their events.

Overall, Mitch and all the people who work for Taylored Weddings are professional and provide an incredible service to the Upper Peninsula and surrounding areas. You can't go wrong if you pick Taylored Weddings to be a part of your special day!

Sent on 07/30/2013
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 06/23/2013

Taylored Weddings did an amazing job throughout our reception. They kept the music going to keep our guests dancing. They also did a video montage during the entire reception that was absolutely amazing. Highly recommend them to friends for any type of event.

Sent on 07/18/2013

Trish · Married on 06/15/2013

We had a fabulous experience with Mitch at Taylored Weddings. For our wedding, we had an outdoor ceremony. This was something special to us, and I really needed assistance in how to organize this part of our wedding. Mitch was great for this. He helped us pick and organize wedding vows and passages and also appropriate music for entrances. Without him, I truly feel I would have panicked and gave up on the whole outdoor ceremony idea.
    For our reception, he was also extremely helpful in the planning process. He assisted me in putting together photo montages and picking music for special dances. He kept my entire wedding party on schedule so there was very little stress for us.
    Overall we were very happy with our experience, and highly recommend him to friends and family!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Rebecca · Married on 12/15/2012

This DJ did many things for us that we appreciated. The best part to me (the bride) was that he made it a stress free night. If anything went wrong, I did not know it because of him. He planned the whole reception minute to minute. I never had to worry about getting people together, finding my own boquette for the toss, lining people up for the grand march, or finding people for speeche. He took care of all of this, and I never had to stress or think about what was happening next. I knew that he was taking care of it and that all I had to do is to sit back and enjoy. My husbands favorite part however was the fun he provided. Numorous people, including us, thought this was the funnest reception we had ever been too. The fun was due to Mitch, he made the reception fun, romantic, and sentimental. He knew when to up the beat, or slow it down. There was NEVER a dull moment due to Mitch, and we even ended up having him stay an extra hour then planned due to none of our guests leaving. He held the crowd til the end of the reception and then on.
    We also loved that through out a year of planning, we got weekly emails, calls and updates from Mitch. Whenever I tried to contact him I literally heard back from him with in the hour. At one point he even left the country on vacation, and I emailed him expecting not to hear back from him til he returned, but he even replied to me right away then.
    We are so glad we went with him, and we both agree that we would do it again!

Sent on 12/30/2012

Julie · Married on 09/15/2012

Mitch and his crew are very involved with making sure your day is an absolute dream come true. They go above and beyond with planning even the smallest of details and narrow it down until you get exactly what you want. Our dance floor was packed from the time of open dancing until the very last song shortly after midnight and I believe it is from having a good mixture of a fun wedding party/weddng guests and good entertainment. I owe a lot of the success of our reception to Josh and Amanda as they helped things go as flawless as possible. If any bride and groom are looking for someone to create special moments on your wedding day and memories that will last a lifetime, then I highly reccommend Taylored Weddings for that!

Sent on 09/29/2012

Dick & Elgie · Married on 09/08/2012

Mitch was creative and responsive to our wishes in the planning sessions. He provided a number of ideas regarding video display and implemented them
    very well. He also provided us opportunities to implement things "on the spur of the moment" as the evening progressed. Elgie especially enjoyed my singing to her.

Mitch set the tone for this celebration in a way that enhanced the enjoyment
    of our guests. We got many complements on the way he contributed to the success of our celebration.

Sent on 09/14/2012

Josh · Married on 07/28/2012

My wife and I chose taylored weddings immediately after our first visit with him. He was very easy to work with from the start. He did everything he could to make sure our day went the way we wanted. He spent alot of time prior to the reception making it personal to us and it went perfect. Our day went off without a hitch and all our prep work paid off as the reception was amazing. Mitch did an excellent job keeping the crowds attention and keeping us the focal point. We partied nonstop and the dance floor was always full. Mitch did an excellent job keeping the crowd going and at the end of the night several people were still there. I would highly recommend mitch and his team for any future event. He was worth every penny we put in and he made OUR day terrific.

Sent on 08/15/2012

Cassie · Married on 06/16/2012

I would recommend Taylored weddings to anyone who wants exceptional service and professionalism on their wedding day. Our wedding reception would not have been the same without an entertainment director. The planning sessions before the wedding put me at ease and I didn't have to worry about a thing on the wedding day. I have had multiple people comment on how great the entertainment director/DJ was and that they were much better than other wedding dj's that they have seen. Taylored weddings is very flexible and is open to new ideas and offered many great ideas as well. They kept the crowd involved all evening. Their sound, music, and lighting was perfect. I would also recommend the lit up tables. Everyone loved them! The love story piece was a hit and it will be something we will cherish forever. Thank you Taylored weddings for making our day so special!

Cassie and Dan Nett

Sent on 07/06/2012

Ashly · Married on 05/19/2012

I cannot thank you guys enough!!! You made our wedding day that much more perfect. It has been four weeks today, and I still have people commenting on how awesome our reception was. The Love Story was so touching (and FUNNY!!) and I love that you really put your best efforts into making our wedding reception unique to us!!! You will continually have my vote and the next party that I plan, you will be the first ones I call!! We truly are blessed that we found you guys to help us with our big day!!!

Sent on 06/16/2012
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 11/12/2011

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Taylored Weddings!! Our November 12th wedding reception was absolutely perfect thanks to you. I must admit that I was a little nervous to spend so much money especially since I had never actually witnessed Mitch in action. Now that it's over, I should not have spent one second worrying. The money spent was well worth it!

From the get go, Mitch was very helpful and professional. He was easy to get a hold of whenever I needed anything and had great ideas to make our day more personalized. Mitch not only provided DJ services, but helped to plan the evening as well. All the events flowed smoothly and went off without a hitch. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

My absolute favorite part of the evening was when Mitch read our LOVE stories. Hearing them out loud for the first time of course made me cry, but it made the day so much more memorable. The personalized introductions for the wedding party as well as the "what's in your wallet" game before dinner added to the excitement of the day. To top it off, Mitch even sent a DVD copy of all those "big" moments from the night. AMAZING!

If you need a DJ/Entertainer for your reception or other event, book Mitch Taylor! You will not be disappointed.

Thanks again Mitch!

Amber & Jay

Sent on 11/29/2011

Amber · Married on 09/24/2011

We would recommend Mitch for your wedding!! He is amazing and does beyond a wonderful job. Everything was organzied and professional and he really made the reception fun :) He is the best choice for wedding entertainment by far :)

Thanks again Mitch for making our wedding day special!!!
    -Amber and Ben Neuens

Sent on 11/03/2011

Diane · Married on 08/13/2011

Mitch was absolutely awesome! He is well worth the cost! He kept everything running smoothly, but was totally flexible with his schedule. We had a wonderful reception. I've had many people who were at the wedding tell me how great our DJ was, from young kids to Grandmothers!

Sent on 08/17/2011

Laura · Married on 08/13/2011

We highly recommend Mitch as your wedding dj! He really went above and beyond what we expected out of him as both our wedding dj and our officiant. He's not your cookie-cutter dj in that he always tries to make things personal for your big day. And he spent so much time preparing for our wedding both with us (meetings, skype calls, emails, etc) as well as on his own. Everyone loved him at our wedding and I would recommend him in a heart beat!!

Sent on 08/30/2011

Kate & Andrew · Married on 06/11/2011

Taylored Weddings (Mitch) did our ceremony and reception music, and was also our officiant. He is VERY accomodating and easy to work with. We did not meet him face to face until our rehearsal, but it certainly did not feel that way! He has unique, fantastic ideas, and his planning site makes it an ease to solidify every aspect of your day. Everybody commented on how he made our reception so personal, and he is one hundred times more fun than a regular ol' DJ! Mitch was great to work with - we wouldn't have had it any other way!

Sent on 06/28/2011

Katie · Married on 05/28/2011

Mitch was great to work with. He was professional, fun, and easy to get along with. We lived out of town and I thought it was going to be stressful to plan a wedding 8 hours away, but he was flexible so we could meet with him and also easy to get ahold of. Planning went well and he had lots of fresh ideas, like photo montage, special lighting in our wedding colors and the photo booth.

On our wedding day, everything went smoothly. Mitch was organized, followed our timeline and played all our special request music. He included our parents/family/wedding party in all the events that he knew they wouldn't want to miss (i.e. our first dance, cutting of the cake, etc). He also involved the crowd and was an enjoyable MC. We had so many compliments about our DJ and I would definitely recommend Mitch and his team for any wedding reception!!!!!

Sent on 07/01/2011

Alaina · Married on 10/09/2010

Mitch was AWESOME!! Mitch made our reception a huge success. It was well worth the money we spent to have Mitch be our DJ. We didn't have to worry aobut a thing (when the flowers for the cake didn't come in, Mitch took care of it and replaced them before we even knew anything was wrong!) Everyone loved the Photo Booth we rented. It was Great! Thank you so much for everything :)

Sent on 06/29/2011