Tavern Off The Green at The Litchfield Inn Reviews

Tavern Off The Green at The Litchfield Inn 2
Tavern Off The Green at The Litchfield Inn 3
  • Megan

Megan Papp · Married on 07/20/2019

AMAZING and perfect in every way!

John and Dawn made sure our day was perfect, they made it so we did not have to worry about a thing the entire day! They were so accommodating, the day ended up being extremely hot and they went out of the way to ensure we kept the guests as cool as possible, even adjusting the food service for us. I would recommend this place to anybody and everyone , you will not regret it and your wedding will be perfect (they will make sure of it)!!!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Samantha · Married on 07/06/2019

July Wedding

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Litchfield Inn on 7/6/19. John and Dawn made it so easy to plan the wedding, from our initial meeting to tour the venue to our wedding day everything went off without a hitch. They were able to make last minute decisions about the patio use (due to impending weather) and refunded us the money we paid for cocktail hour on the patio. The food is amazing, and we keep getting compliments from our guests. Overall awesome experience! Would highly recommend.

Sent on 07/29/2019

Justin Furst · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing venue and even better food

We chose Tavern off the Green because it seemed to have the most bang for our buck, but it turned out to be so much more. John was calm and helpful every step of the way leading up to and on the big day. Everyone has raved about how great the food was and the venue itself is gorgeous. We loved the convenience of it being at an inn where we and out of town guests could stay the night before and night of the wedding. The whole weekend was an experience we'll never forget.

Sent on 08/14/2019
    Tavern Off The Green at The Litchfield Inn 4
    Tavern Off The Green at The Litchfield Inn 5
    Tavern Off The Green at The Litchfield Inn 6
  • Cindy

Cindy · Married on 06/15/2019

Excellent food, service and beautiful place.

John was very easy to work, excellent staff and the courtyard was absolutely amazing. Everyone raves about the food and atmosphere.

Sent on 06/23/2019

Amanda Zavagnin · Married on 12/29/2018

Loved Tavern off The Green

I couldn’t have asked for a better experience for my wedding. The staff was amazing from the beginning stages of planing the wedding right up to the end of the reception. I would highly recommend this place!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Sharon · Married on 10/06/2018

Exceeded expectations!

John Roller and his staff went above & beyond! They were professional, attentive, hard working and went the extra step to make sure our day was amazing! We highly recommend Taverne off the Green and Crystal Peaks of Winsted

Sent on 11/02/2018

Marissa · Married on 07/20/2018

We are so happy that we choose this venue! John was amazing and so helpful with the planning and organizing leading up to the wedding. Our friends and family can’t say enough about how they loved our wedding and loved the food. They also complimented the staff and the bartenders, everyone was impressed and very happy.John and his staff completely handled the day and my husband and I were able to enjoy every moment! We couldn’t have asked for a better day and we owe it all to John and the staff. I wish there was a way to relive it all over again!

Sent on 08/27/2018

Taryn · Married on 06/16/2018

Tavern off the Green helped make my wedding day absolutely perfect!! It was an amazing day and we could not be more thankful for all of their help!

Sent on 07/26/2018
  • F

F · Married on 05/04/2018

John and his team’s attention to detail is second to none. We planned our wedding from 3000 miles away and John made it so easy for us! He was attentive, professional, and caring. We HIGHLY recommend Tavern Off the Green to anyone!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Chrystal · Married on 01/20/2018

John Roller was very professional and understanding- he took the time to make sure everything was what we wanted and that the wedding went smoothly and was a fun, pleasurable experience for everyone. The variety of apps and entries were impressive. The food was hands down delicious! Many guest complimented the high quality food and also the delicious flatbreads at the after party. We were extremely happy and satisfied that we decided to have our wedding at the Litchfield Inn- it was absolutely a beautiful and accommodating venue!

Sent on 03/15/2018

Katherine · Married on 10/28/2017

John and his team were incredible. Throughout the planning process, which we did from the Pacific Northwest (which brought its own set of stresses and questions,) John was responsive, flexible, patient, and super accommodating on the very few days we were in CT. He really helped us navigate the logistics of planning a wedding remotely. Our experience doing the tasting was a lot of fun!

On the day of the wedding, his entire team truly exceeded every single one of our expectations. When we arrived for our reception, John and his team greeted us with our favorite cocktails, huge plates of food (oh my gosh, it was so needed and SO delicious) and suggested we quickly pop into see the reception room while everyone was enjoying cocktail hour (which we never would have thought of!) to both see what it looked like before filled with people and to have a moment to process everything. It was a highlight of the day. During the cocktail hour, our guests couldn't get over how delicious and plentiful the apps were. The food was delicious at the reception too (we had lemon piccata chicken, crab cakes, a goat cheese salad, a fancier macaroni and cheese, and 2 carved meats. It was a great spread,) During the party, John and crew were on top of every single detail and continued to treat us like royalty even when the party ended (we stuck around and enjoyed pizza and drinks in the Litchfield Inn bar, right across the hallway. It was a tremendous and relaxing way to keep the party going.) Thank you so much John and crew!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Justin · Married on 10/14/2017

My wife and I could not have been happier with how our wedding went at Litchfield Inn/ Tavern Off the Green. Everything went perfectly and John could not have been more professional and knowledgeable.

Sent on 03/14/2018

Melissa · Married on 09/16/2017

Love this place and John roller is amazing to work with!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Alex · Married on 07/22/2017

Greatest experience, super staff, friendly and helpful. Set up was amazing!!! Food out of this world. Special thanks to John Rowler ,Dawn and JT and everyone that made this such a great night. Thank you

Sent on 08/11/2017

Caitlin · Married on 07/07/2017

Best experience with John. He was very accommodating and professional. Dawn was awesome also; really made our day perfect.

Sent on 07/14/2017

Casey · Married on 06/17/2017

From the start, my husband and I knew that Tavern Off the Green at The Litchfield Inn was the ideal place to have our wedding. My husband and I wanted our wedding to be as fun and stress-free as possible for our guests. We loved that the inn has 32 guest rooms, although slightly pricey, which we were able to block off for just our guests. John was incredibly thorough and organized throughout the entire process of planning the wedding. He blew us away at our tasting and the food tasted just as amazing at the wedding. We had a number of guests tell us, "This is the best steak [gorgonzola crusted filet] I've ever had." John was easy to speak with and very flexible. He responded to questions quickly by email and was open and willing to meet with us to discuss ideas and logistics. The day of the wedding was completely stress-free for my husband and me. Even when the weather was looking iffy, the team simply made sure that we started the ceremony at exactly the start time, and sure enough, the rain held off for the ceremony and cocktail hour. As the last guests were escorted from the patio to the reception room, the rain began. Our reception was magical from start to finish. The guests raved about our signature drink which was a strawberry basil lemonade and the dinner from start to finish. John and his staff were incredibly accommodating to our guests with specific dietary requirements (gluten-free and vegan). John and Dawn, the day of coordinator, worked with the band and the timeline of the reception and dinner was seamless. I would highly recommend The Tavern Off The Green at The Litchfield Inn.

Sent on 08/21/2017

Alyssa · Married on 05/13/2017

We came to John planning a "short notice" wedding on short notice and a certain budget. He was amazing from the start! He was according, extremely easy communicate with and so very attentive. From the beginning he really worked with us on our vision, the menu, decor etc. On the day of the wedding all of the staff were excellent, they went above and beyond without a glitch in the day. John and the inn staff were so amazing and quick to help as our garden wedding turned to indoor with the in-climate weather. We had the best experience and I cannot speak enough praise about our wedding experience at The Litchfield Inn... one of our favorite places.

Sent on 12/01/2017
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 04/29/2017

John made our wedding day the best we could have ever imagined! He was quick and responsive to all my emails (and believe me there were A LOT in the year+ that spanned booking the location and the wedding date). At the rehearsal, he and Dawn did an AMAZING job at going over everything that me and my fiancé would need to know about the wedding day, and they were so attentive to our questions. Our wedding day went off without any issues! As my mom and I were about to walk down the aisle, we realized she still had her purse on her! Dawn took my moms purse and had it waiting at her seat for her by the time the reception started. We were all so happy with the level of professionalism we received from John and his staff at the Litchfield Inn! Thank you!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Colleen · Married on 04/08/2017

We had a wonderful reception catered and we were not disappointed. Would use again given the need.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Jennifer · Married on 03/26/2017

Amazing! You get to work with the owners from the very start. They are extremely attentive to detail and they are quick to respond. They had an option for buffet or sit down style meals, both of which were excellent choices to work with. All of our guests were extremely pleased with the way the ceremony turned out. My husband and I didn't have to do any thinking - once we got the arrangements in place, the big day went off without any issues!

Sent on 04/05/2017

Ashley · Married on 02/18/2017

So I originally started to write a very lengthy review until I realized that they put a cap on how long it could be, so ill be direct!
    Love Tavern off the Green, the food is amazing!!! We had our rehearsal dinner here as well, and our guests couldn't stop raving about the food and all said how excited they were to be able to eat the food again the next day! The feel of Tavern off the Green and The Litchfield Inn, was exactly what we were looking for its rustic with New England country charm.
    The pricing was unbeatable and straight forward. There were no hidden charges or fees for cutting our wedding cake. Everything that you were charged for appeared in the wedding package paperwork we were given by John Roller. The options for appetizers and the main course was nuts, there are literally pages of options. John and his staff were amazing. John always got back to me in a very timely manner and answered ALL my question, which I did have a lot of questions. The staff at the Inn, were amazing as well. Our guests ended up reserving 23 rooms at The Litchfield Inn, and the staff did everything they could to make sure guests could check in before our 2:30 ceremony.
    I can honestly say that I had the perfect wedding at Tavern off the Green!!! My husband and I had a great day and truly enjoyed our wedding! I would highly recommend Tavern off the Green to anyone who wants a country setting for there wedding. Not only that but John was more then accommodating for us. We ended up having our ceremony where they serve breakfast in the morning and it was perfect, John was a little nervous that all our guests wouldn't be able fit, but it all worked out. We had approximately 100 guests who came to our ceremony. Not only that but we were able to rent out the restaurant to have cocktail hour which was amazing! Like I said before WE loved Tavern off the Green. We got married February 18th, 2017 our pictures were perfect in this country setting, best day ever :-)

Sent on 04/17/2017

Stephanie · Married on 09/24/2016

My wife and I were married in Litchfield last September and we held our reception at The Litchfield Inn. From our first visit with John Roller the reception coordinator/world class chef, we knew that our search for a reception venue was over. First and foremost, John listened to our ideas, we came up with an idea to create five unique and gourmet types of shish kabob and John loved the idea! He asked for our ideas about the shish kabob and kept them at the heart of the meal while adding his own professional touch and expert knowledge of flavors to create one of the best meals I have ever eaten. They also provide 10 different and insanely delicious hors' d'oeuvres for you and you guests to enjoy, you will be blown away! John was also there every step of the way, even though he is a very busy man, he was ever accessible whenever we needed to speak with him about anything. He was sure to meet with us several times before the wedding to make sure that we were happy with each aspect of the venue from the seating to the napkins. He gave us a list of local vendors and gave us his recommendations for each vendor at all price points. John's staff is attentive, professional, and as proficient as you will ever have at your wedding. They set everything up for you all you have to do is give them instruction and you will never have anything to worry about on your special day other than walking down the aisle. Outside of that we stayed in the hot tub room and it is the pinnacle of luxury, your friends and family will love the beautiful themed rooms each is different from the other. There are plenty of rooms to spare for your guests and its just a special and beautiful place to stay. We also held our rehearsal dinner there and it was wonderful. The Tavern Off the Green stays open as late as your guest are there, so the fun and food is never ending! The town is historical and charming and you would truly miss out on the best reception you can imagine if you don't give John a call!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Kelli · Married on 09/10/2016

Great staff, great food and very accommodating!!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Lorinda · Married on 06/18/2016

Our rehearsal dinner was amazing. John and his crew made it a wonderful evening. They were attentive and responsive to our needs and the needs of our guests. The food was incredible. The guest to server ratio - unbelievable. No one had to wait for anything. And the space was beautiful. So happy we decided to have our rehearsal dinner there.

Sent on 06/27/2016

kate · Married on 05/21/2016

John Roller was exceptional! He completely went above and beyond to make our wedding absolutely amazing. He was very helpful, flexible, and professional every step of the way. His years of experience really showed! I would HIGHLY recommend him and his team.

Sent on 09/12/2016