Tatering Reviews

180 Reviews for Tatering

• Cassie

Cassie · Married on 03/02/2019

Delicious, Helpful, Perfection!

Marc was one of our first vendors that we booked, and even 13 months out he was attentive and answered all of our questions (and we had a lot of them). Since we live in different cities, he came up to his headquarters on a Sunday and did a tasting for us and our families (seven total).

The catering staff arrived and set up with plenty of time to spare and handled our crowd in great fashion during dinner when we had almost 170 people going through the buffet line. We had brisket, sausage, mac and cheese, and green beans for our dinner, and everyone absolutely loved it. Several people told us later how much they loved the food!

We also added to have the staff stay for additional clean up, and they were very helpful in getting everything squared away at the venue. Although I wasn't there for it, my father told me that he took one load out to the car, had a quick conversation with someone, looked up, and everything was done! Extra food and cake packed, cars loaded, trash taken out - there was nothing left to do! All and all, Marc and his entire team provided us with great food, exceptional service, and a helping hand to take care of everything after the ‘I do’s’ had passed.

Sent on 03/26/2019

Tawny Laney · Married on 01/06/2019

Dinner for 30

We hired Marc to cater in a dinner for our extended family Christmas. Everything arrived hot and on time. Since this was a laid back affair and our guests also brought items, we did not need servers or plates/cutlery. This wasn’t the first time we have had food from Tatering, but it was our first time as a client. This spread of food was extremely budget friendly. Our guests raved about how delicious the BBQ was and the sides we selected (mac & cheese, fried potatoes, and beans). Thank you Marc for taking great care of us.

Sent on 01/28/2019
  • James

James · Married on 12/31/2018

Awesome Caterer

I would recommend Tatering to cater any event. We had Prime Rib and Chicken at our wedding with a Taco Bar as a late night snack, NYE wedding. Tater is nothing but professional and helpful in making our evening perfect. Thanks Tater!

Sent on 01/16/2019

James,
    On behalf of my team, Congratulations to you both!! Thank you for the review and your review made our week.

Tater

The Kinnamons · Married on 12/30/2018

For a budget/customer service caterer, go here!

It's been 2 months and my family still raves about the food and service at our wedding!! Tatering was awesome. They made it so easy and worked with our menu and budget super easy.

Sent on 02/15/2019

Barbara Haddix Bernal · Married on 12/24/2018

Best Prime Rib Ever!

I have had the opportunity to taste many of the wonderful options on Tatering's menu. He did a Prime Rib meal for my family on Christmas Eve that was "melt in your mouth" delicious! I have had the Brisket, Fajitas, Chicken Parmesan, to just name a few! Tatering will be doing my son's wedding this October and I am confident that the food will be great as well as the service!

Sent on 01/04/2019

Leena Ayers · Married on 12/23/2018

Amazing! I will be using tatering again!!

Mark is amazing!! He accomplished my wedding only three weeks before I walked down the isle! I will definitely be using him again for any huge or small get together!

Sent on 01/02/2019

Tatering's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words and letting Tatering be part of your special day!! Your wedding was gorgeous!!

Deana Brown · Married on 12/01/2018

A must hire 4 u!

Marc was so great to meet with! He even brought us a special "surprise", his amazing brisket, to our tasting! He answered every single question we had even when it came to other parts of the wedding. He seemed genuinely interested in making our day perfect and gave honest answers on how to make it happen and how he could help. Although we ended up canceling our wedding, Marc was quick to respond even with that! Wish things had worked out differently, but Would definitely recommend Marc to anyone! Great food and so accommodating!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Morgan · Married on 10/20/2018

Great Choice

We found Tatering on Wedding Wire and emailed about a tasting, they were very responsive and flexible. The food at our tasting was amazing and incredibly reasonable. We also had a couple of allergies and they were very considerate and ensured that we would not have any issues, which we didn’t. Our venue included staff so all we needed was delivery, which they were happy to accommodate. The delivery was on time and came with all of the food that was ordered. We received many many compliments on dinner and were told by several guests it was the best food they had eaten at a wedding.

Sent on 12/16/2018

Christine · Married on 08/03/2018

Y’all were absolutely wonderful. I could not have asked for a better caterer! The food was fresh, delicious, and flavorful! I will recommend y’all to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Mandy Simpson · Married on 06/02/2018

A must hire!

Marc is great at communication. We asked him to deliver lunch for our bridal party and others that were decorating. He also did our dinner for the wedding. The food was amazing. We had tons of compliments. The portions were large and very delicious. Servers provided a very professional touch. Plates, silverware, and glasses were also rented from them. We also used their Bartenders. Everything went smoothly.

Sent on 12/12/2018

Agnes · Married on 12/09/2017

Amazing service! they were great during the planning process and the day of. They are very professional and made sure everything was perfect during our reception. The food was amazing! Our guests enjoyed the food so much. I highly recommend Tatering for your next event!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Mother · Married on 10/14/2017

We first tried Marc at a birthday party and everyone was blown away by his food! We were so excited to use him at our son’s wedding in October but unfortunately the bride canceled the wedding. We were devastated. Since we already paid for the deposit, I asked Marc if we could give the money that we already spent towards a gift to a young couple in need. He said YES and then took everything over from there. The couple had their tasting today and absolutely LOVED the food! There aren’t too many vendors that would do this and I can’t express my sincere gratitude for him doing this. I’ve been so sad about the wedding not taking place and then knowing the money I spent would not go to anything. When I asked Marc if I could gift it to the couple, he created a beautiful gift certificate that I could present to them. The couple were blown away and so excited for this gift. I would recommend him over and over to anyone looking for great food, service and heart of gold!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Lindsey · Married on 10/14/2017

My husband and I were married October 14, 2017. We did a taste testing in January 2016 with Marc and were instantly impressed with his food. We booked shortly after. His payment plan was reasonable and on the day of, his staff was prompt, and everyone enjoyed their meals. We were extremely grateful for the individual meals they packed up for us because with all of the excitement, we were starving by the time we reached our honeymoon destination. Thanks Marc!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Tori · Married on 10/01/2017

We hired Tatering to cater our rehearsal dinner and it was the best decision we could have made. Everyone there raved over the BBQ dinner Marc prepared for us. We only paid for a drop off buffet and Marc went over our expectations with his set up and presentation. I highly recommend you giving them a try! We are huge BBQ lovers and his brisket is hands down the best I've ever had! We couldn't have asked for a better caterer than Tatering!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Jess · Married on 09/30/2017

Sent on 02/17/2017

Channing Gillum · Married on 09/16/2017

Tater's #1 fan

Marc and his crew were amazing! My hubby and I are huge foodies that wanted to treat our family and friends to a wedding menu that they would never forget. He took my "homestyle southern food" wedding to a whole new level!! Over a year later we are still receiving rave reviews from our guests and I am always happy to share Chef Tater's contact info with inquiring minds. Marc even went so far as to pack a box of food up for an ailing uncle, who was wheelchair and nurse dependent, because his food gave him an appetite! His communication during the planning process was amazing & he even went to the rental company with me, at my request, to help me rent the correct items to maximize impact!
    The whole staff was an absolute JOY to work with and I definitely plan on employing them again should the need arise!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Deana · Married on 07/21/2017

I had to give them all 5 stars because they honestly deserved them. Tatering came through for us in a pinch and saved us. They gave us 5 star service and the food was wonderful. I cannot recommend them enough. We am sure we will be using them for all are upcoming event in the future and you should too!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Laura · Married on 07/01/2017

Professional staff and showed great concern with our requests. Great price and so much variety to chose from. They showed great customer service. I would use them again!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Mandy · Married on 06/29/2017

Sent on 07/12/2017

Tatering's reply:

Mandy and Mike - Congratulations again!! It was such an honor to be there for you and provide you with great food and service.

Jennifer · Married on 06/16/2017

I have too many good things to say about Marc and his staff! He went above and beyond to make the whole experience of planning and having the wedding as smooth and easy going as possible. Of COURSE, the food was phenomenal and totally affordable with our tiny budget, but that is just a small part of the experience. Marc is a veteran with events and knows how things are supposed to run, which was really important for us because we have not been to a whole lot of weddings yet. Every one of the servers who I got to interact with was sweet, courteous, and thoughtful. When my dad had to step out of the buffet line to come dance with me for the father/daughter dance, one of the servers noticed this and brought him a plate directly to his table afterwards. Little things like that made a huge difference for us and our guests! We 100% recommend Marc and Tatering.

Sent on 08/02/2017

Renee · Married on 06/03/2017

I love Tatering! I had contacted Marc about catering for a small graduation celebration, Marc was so easy to work with, he was very professional, and made sure everything was perfect just as he would expect if he was serving it to his family. I have tried several of his dishes but we ordered the BBQ Brisket and beans and the dishes were nothing short of amazing that had our relatives asking how they can order food from Tatering. I recommend Tatering for any of your catering needs large or small.

Sent on 06/14/2017

Renee,
    Thank you so much for the kind words. We LOVE making people happy with our foods!!
  • User7281500 · 1+ year ago

WOW!! I can't say enough great things about this man and his company. I am a military member who recently had many issues with the other vendors we were going to use. He was the most responsive and most dedicated vendor have ever had the pleasure of using. I would recommend him to all of my friends and family. I wish there were more companies and business owners out there that care about their clients the way this company does.. If you have the chance to use this company BOOK THEM ASAP.

Sent on 10/05/2016

Jackie · Married on 05/20/2017

It has been almost a year and my family and friends still are bragging about the best brisket they had ever eaten. My dad I think stalks the sweet guy they call Tater (LOL - love the name!).
    We must have had 20 plus catering tastings and were exhausted over bad food or sub-par standard chicken at $35 a plate. We had a huge wedding and needed good food but not costing the price of my Nissan.
    So finally we tried Wedding Wire one more time and found Tatering. Marc was sooooo responsive and seriously answered all my 2000 questions I had over the phone. I must have called him like 4 times. He was patient and answered them all and even offered some great ideas on my timeline.
    So the big surprise was the quote, my finance and I were skeptical of this because he was more like $24 a plate but it included the dishware, linens, staff and food (meal and apps).
    Now this all changed with finally meeting him and his chef in Carrollton ( I believe they have moved though). They were so both very nice and Marc talked with us for 2 hours again which was so reassuring. He showed us everything right there during our free tasting (yes free!!).
    Now the best part... the brisket!! His brisket was so incredibly juicy and not dry. Has some fat on it and comes with his signature sweet barbecue sauce with I think some kind of soda flavor in it. Ok the stuff is to DIE for!! Hubby took a bottle home with him and covered up all my cooking with it, because its so damn good. Now we had his mac n cheese and garlic mashed potatoes which are both very good. We knew this was the right place, signed the contract and paid them right there.
    So the day of my day was stressful until I heard Tatering arrived, I kept thinking of the barbecue until dinner time. People is was so damn good the second time we ate it and yes his staff had to go boxes made for us which we ate on the plane later.
    Love you guys!

Sent on 01/12/2018

Tatering's reply:

Wow!! Thank you so much for the kind words!! It was an honor to be part of your day.
  • W

Gene · Married on 03/18/2017

Where do I start? Well, Marc is just shy from a food God and just an overall saint let me tell you. I met with 27 other catering companies and either they wanted $35 a plate or were not flexible for what I really wanted or worst the food was still frozen when I bit into it (so nasty).
    Marc's first words were "Tell me about your vision" and when I said we could be ok with just this again his response was "It's your wedding, so you tell me what I need to make and it will happen". I mean WOW! But yet I still had my doubts UNTIL I ate his food. Dear Lord Jesus this man can cook a steak and jalapeno macaroni and cheese. For months I craved that Macaroni and cheese. Then it really happened, Marc gave us the total, I asked him to repeat it twice, expecting additional or hidden fees and no the number he gave was what he said. At one point I started to cry while eating his food still. Such a gentleman he got up and got me tissues.
    The day finally arrived and his team showed up and were sooooo amazing the entire time. From set up, to bartending to cleaning up the tables his staff were always smiling. I barely got to eat and was so bummed I only ate like 4 bites that evening. BUT I get into the limo and there was 2 to go boxes packed for us. It was like an Angel was watching over me.
    Marc or Tater as you like to be called - You are truly an amazing, caring and passionate person. Your customer service is by far better than all my other vendors but just comparing in your field, I will not be surprised you are not catering more celebrities soon. You are my Ramsey!! Looking forward to emailing you soon when the Holidays come up.

Sent on 07/17/2017