Tatering Reviews

199 Reviews for Tatering

• Judith

Judith Washington · Getting married on 08/12/2020

Excellent Service for Wedding Dinner at Knotting Hill Place

Tatering provided the most delicious appetizers and dinner at my daughter's wedding at Knotting Hill Place on 12.20.19. Everyone said the food was delicious. They are so nice and provide excellent service. I highly recommend them, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 01/01/2020

Tatering's reply:

Judith, Thank you so much for the kind words. Your daughter was in my top 5 of the year. I was thrilled that I could be there that night to share the joy.
  • Rebekah

Rebekah Grey · Married on 03/06/2020

Perfect! Marc & his Tatering team were outstanding!

Everything about Marc & his Tatering team were outstanding! His team were so kind & efficient in helping things get broken down at the end. My husband & I received nothing but compliments from our guests about the delicious dinner that was served. Hands down the best chicken parmesan we’ve ever had! Tatering will forever be our caterers for any event!

Sent on 03/15/2020

Miranda Tripp · Married on 02/28/2020

Good food, service, and price

We went with brisket and sausage for our wedding and were very pleased with how everything turned out! The meat was tender and delicious, and the coleslaw was a huge hit! Everything was very reasonably priced and they provided great service as well. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 03/09/2020
  • Daniel

Daniel Molina · Married on 01/10/2020

Great Customer Service and Dinner Service

From the initial tasting of the food months before the wedding, up to last minute changes needed before the event, Tatering was wonderful. The business manager, Seiya, and the owner/chef, , suggested great options for our meal.
    The price for this caterer was amazing, and totally fit our budget. We we even able to add some hors d'oeuvres, like the Dr. Pepper Meatballs, and still remain within our goal.
    On the day of our wedding, the servers and bartenders were there early and setup everything just like we wanted. The food was hot and delicious, with even a little extra for those guests who wanted to start eating early.
    Love everything that came with this caterer and am recommending them to all of my friends who are having weddings or parties in the future.

Sent on 10/26/2019

Shannon Bennett · Married on 12/29/2019

Mother of Bride

Marc and his teams were amazing from consultation to wedding reception. I will highly recommend Marc and his wonderful wife Kathi for all catering events.

Sent on 01/21/2020
  • Christine

Christine Akin · Married on 12/28/2019

The perfect catering company

My now husband and I absolutely love Tatering. When I walked in and did my tasting, you could tell the food was fresh and made with love, to emphasize how fresh, we got a personal tour of the kitchen and it was immaculate. The customer service is great as the sales manager always reached out and followed up. The owner Marc also gave us a lot of tips and recommendations for some amazing vendors that completed our day. Honestl,y nothing can beat their different price brackets(which is huge for a couple paying out of pocket) and the quality of service they provide. I see them recognized everywhere and would definitely choose Tatering for any event.

Sent on 02/20/2020
  • Natasha

Natasha · Married on 12/01/2019

Budget friendly bbq that melts in your mouth!

Marc Caplette with Tatering provided our catering and place settings for our special day. His team arrived early and set the table settings up beautifully. We rented chargers, plates and goblets from him. We chose BBQ and we were not disappointed. There was an abundance of food and the guest seem to all enjoy everything. His brisket is incredible. Prior to booking him as our caterer we wanted to do a tasting. Even though we requested a tasting on thanksgiving weekend (a very busy weekend for his crew), he made it happen. He is always willing to help and truly cares about his brides. He is always quick to respond to both email and messages. When it comes to being budget friendly you will not find a more budget friendly option at this quality of food.

Sent on 02/09/2020
  • Covee

Covee Olsen · Married on 11/14/2019

Amazing service!

Tatering catered our wedding and the food was so amazing! The brisket was so good and the signature sauce was perfect! Marc was clear on everything, very professional and made sure everything was perfect.

Sent on 01/19/2020

Meghan Santo · Married on 10/17/2019

It was amazing!

This company was amazing!! Marc did a great job with everything and was super friendly! My now husband and I will forever recommend tatering and Marc!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 09/07/2019

Fantastic Full Service

Marc and his team were incredible! He was very attentive to our multitude of questions and concerns throughout the planning process.
    We chose to go with the full-service option and we were blown away by the attentiveness and professionalism of this service. Marc and his team did it all; from place settings to setup, appetizer serving to cake cutting! Our guests are still raving about how well the steaks were cooked and how flavorful the truffle mac and cheese was. We had numerous changes during the planning process and the Tatering team was so flexible and understanding with every change we made. Hire Tatering and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Erin,
    Congratulations again on your amazing wedding day. Everything was so perfect and we were honored to be part of your day.
    It was our privilege to deliver a 5 star Formal dining experience for your family, friends and both you and your husband Eric.

~ Marc

Cheri · Married on 07/06/2019

Superb service!

They were fabulous and delicious! I will definitely use them again and again! Thanks for perfect birthday dinner in May 2019 and bridal shower dinner June 2019. You have the best tasting Barbecue and service to match! They were on time, food was delicious and hot the whole venue time, and they are very kind professional people to do business with!!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Susan Coad · Married on 06/29/2019

Tatering - awesome!

Marc Caplette and all his staff at Tatering were really wonderful to work with! They were very flexible as we worked through all the details and the day of they really went above and beyond. They were so pleasant and easy to work with. And the food was delicious!! You really wont get a better “bang for buck” in DFW than with Tatering. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Kayti · Married on 06/01/2019

Great food and great value!

Marc was excellent in communication with me throughout the planning process and answered all of my emails in a timely manner. We loved being able to have a tasting with him and decide what we would like on our guest’s plates. Appetizers of fruit and cheese plate and barbecue dinner was delicious and guests went back for seconds! Tatering staff made sure we were satisfied with the meal at the wedding and asked if anything we needed. Great customer service! Would definitely recommend Tatering for catering at your wedding.

Sent on 06/15/2019

Kayti,

Thank you soooo much for the great review. From our staff and me we wish you the biggest Congrats again!! Thank you for letting us be part of your special day!!

Tammy Bell · Married on 03/08/2019

Owner of Business/Vendor

Marc and his staff are so amazing to work with. He and his staff go above and beyond to help make a Brides day amazing. As a fellow vendor, I love working with Marc because I know that I can always count on him to make sure everything will go smoothly!! I can also count on that the food for the wedding will be over the top!!! If you want an amazing caterer then Tatering is your number one stop!!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Cassie

Cassie · Married on 03/02/2019

Delicious, Helpful, Perfection!

Marc was one of our first vendors that we booked, and even 13 months out he was attentive and answered all of our questions (and we had a lot of them). Since we live in different cities, he came up to his headquarters on a Sunday and did a tasting for us and our families (seven total).

The catering staff arrived and set up with plenty of time to spare and handled our crowd in great fashion during dinner when we had almost 170 people going through the buffet line. We had brisket, sausage, mac and cheese, and green beans for our dinner, and everyone absolutely loved it. Several people told us later how much they loved the food!

We also added to have the staff stay for additional clean up, and they were very helpful in getting everything squared away at the venue. Although I wasn't there for it, my father told me that he took one load out to the car, had a quick conversation with someone, looked up, and everything was done! Extra food and cake packed, cars loaded, trash taken out - there was nothing left to do! All and all, Marc and his entire team provided us with great food, exceptional service, and a helping hand to take care of everything after the ‘I do’s’ had passed.

Sent on 03/26/2019

Tawny Laney · Married on 01/06/2019

Dinner for 30

We hired Marc to cater in a dinner for our extended family Christmas. Everything arrived hot and on time. Since this was a laid back affair and our guests also brought items, we did not need servers or plates/cutlery. This wasn’t the first time we have had food from Tatering, but it was our first time as a client. This spread of food was extremely budget friendly. Our guests raved about how delicious the BBQ was and the sides we selected (mac & cheese, fried potatoes, and beans). Thank you Marc for taking great care of us.

Sent on 01/28/2019
  • James

James · Married on 12/31/2018

Awesome Caterer

I would recommend Tatering to cater any event. We had Prime Rib and Chicken at our wedding with a Taco Bar as a late night snack, NYE wedding. Tater is nothing but professional and helpful in making our evening perfect. Thanks Tater!

Sent on 01/16/2019

James,
    On behalf of my team, Congratulations to you both!! Thank you for the review and your review made our week.

Tater

The Kinnamons · Married on 12/30/2018

For a budget/customer service caterer, go here!

It's been 2 months and my family still raves about the food and service at our wedding!! Tatering was awesome. They made it so easy and worked with our menu and budget super easy.

Sent on 02/15/2019

Barbara Haddix Bernal · Married on 12/24/2018

Best Prime Rib Ever!

I have had the opportunity to taste many of the wonderful options on Tatering's menu. He did a Prime Rib meal for my family on Christmas Eve that was "melt in your mouth" delicious! I have had the Brisket, Fajitas, Chicken Parmesan, to just name a few! Tatering will be doing my son's wedding this October and I am confident that the food will be great as well as the service!

Sent on 01/04/2019

Leena Ayers · Married on 12/23/2018

Amazing! I will be using tatering again!!

Mark is amazing!! He accomplished my wedding only three weeks before I walked down the isle! I will definitely be using him again for any huge or small get together!

Sent on 01/02/2019

Tatering's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words and letting Tatering be part of your special day!! Your wedding was gorgeous!!

Deana Brown · Married on 12/01/2018

A must hire 4 u!

Marc was so great to meet with! He even brought us a special "surprise", his amazing brisket, to our tasting! He answered every single question we had even when it came to other parts of the wedding. He seemed genuinely interested in making our day perfect and gave honest answers on how to make it happen and how he could help. Although we ended up canceling our wedding, Marc was quick to respond even with that! Wish things had worked out differently, but Would definitely recommend Marc to anyone! Great food and so accommodating!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Morgan · Married on 10/20/2018

Great Choice

We found Tatering on Wedding Wire and emailed about a tasting, they were very responsive and flexible. The food at our tasting was amazing and incredibly reasonable. We also had a couple of allergies and they were very considerate and ensured that we would not have any issues, which we didn’t. Our venue included staff so all we needed was delivery, which they were happy to accommodate. The delivery was on time and came with all of the food that was ordered. We received many many compliments on dinner and were told by several guests it was the best food they had eaten at a wedding.

Sent on 12/16/2018
  • Eve

Eve Wood · Married on 10/01/2018

Every lasting impressions

I can not say enough about the quality of service Tatering provided for our party. It started with the thoughts and ideas that they provided to help shape our menu for our guests was outstanding. They were punctual and so professional through out the evening. The visual presentation of the appetizers and the entrees were so beautiful! I can't say enough about the quality and flavor of everything we order. Every guest at the party commented on how wonderful the food tasted and would certainly hire Tatering for their event!!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Christine · Married on 08/03/2018

Y’all were absolutely wonderful. I could not have asked for a better caterer! The food was fresh, delicious, and flavorful! I will recommend y’all to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Mandy Simpson · Married on 06/02/2018

A must hire!

Marc is great at communication. We asked him to deliver lunch for our bridal party and others that were decorating. He also did our dinner for the wedding. The food was amazing. We had tons of compliments. The portions were large and very delicious. Servers provided a very professional touch. Plates, silverware, and glasses were also rented from them. We also used their Bartenders. Everything went smoothly.

Sent on 12/12/2018