Tatering Reviews

1 User photo

Tatering 1

Cheri · Married on 07/06/2019

Superb service!

They were fabulous and delicious! I will definitely use them again and again! Thanks for perfect birthday dinner in May 2019 and bridal shower dinner June 2019. You have the best tasting Barbecue and service to match! They were on time, food was delicious and hot the whole venue time, and they are very kind professional people to do business with!!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Susan Coad · Married on 06/29/2019

Tatering - awesome!

Marc Caplette and all his staff at Tatering were really wonderful to work with! They were very flexible as we worked through all the details and the day of they really went above and beyond. They were so pleasant and easy to work with. And the food was delicious!! You really wont get a better “bang for buck” in DFW than with Tatering. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Tammy Bell · Married on 03/08/2019

Owner of Business/Vendor

Marc and his staff are so amazing to work with. He and his staff go above and beyond to help make a Brides day amazing. As a fellow vendor, I love working with Marc because I know that I can always count on him to make sure everything will go smoothly!! I can also count on that the food for the wedding will be over the top!!! If you want an amazing caterer then Tatering is your number one stop!!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Cassie

Cassie · Married on 03/02/2019

Delicious, Helpful, Perfection!

Marc was one of our first vendors that we booked, and even 13 months out he was attentive and answered all of our questions (and we had a lot of them). Since we live in different cities, he came up to his headquarters on a Sunday and did a tasting for us and our families (seven total).

The catering staff arrived and set up with plenty of time to spare and handled our crowd in great fashion during dinner when we had almost 170 people going through the buffet line. We had brisket, sausage, mac and cheese, and green beans for our dinner, and everyone absolutely loved it. Several people told us later how much they loved the food!

We also added to have the staff stay for additional clean up, and they were very helpful in getting everything squared away at the venue. Although I wasn't there for it, my father told me that he took one load out to the car, had a quick conversation with someone, looked up, and everything was done! Extra food and cake packed, cars loaded, trash taken out - there was nothing left to do! All and all, Marc and his entire team provided us with great food, exceptional service, and a helping hand to take care of everything after the ‘I do’s’ had passed.

Sent on 03/26/2019

Tawny Laney · Married on 01/06/2019

Dinner for 30

We hired Marc to cater in a dinner for our extended family Christmas. Everything arrived hot and on time. Since this was a laid back affair and our guests also brought items, we did not need servers or plates/cutlery. This wasn’t the first time we have had food from Tatering, but it was our first time as a client. This spread of food was extremely budget friendly. Our guests raved about how delicious the BBQ was and the sides we selected (mac & cheese, fried potatoes, and beans). Thank you Marc for taking great care of us.

Sent on 01/28/2019
  • James

James · Married on 12/31/2018

Awesome Caterer

I would recommend Tatering to cater any event. We had Prime Rib and Chicken at our wedding with a Taco Bar as a late night snack, NYE wedding. Tater is nothing but professional and helpful in making our evening perfect. Thanks Tater!

Sent on 01/16/2019

James,
    On behalf of my team, Congratulations to you both!! Thank you for the review and your review made our week.

Tater

The Kinnamons · Married on 12/30/2018

For a budget/customer service caterer, go here!

It's been 2 months and my family still raves about the food and service at our wedding!! Tatering was awesome. They made it so easy and worked with our menu and budget super easy.

Sent on 02/15/2019

Barbara Haddix Bernal · Married on 12/24/2018

Best Prime Rib Ever!

I have had the opportunity to taste many of the wonderful options on Tatering's menu. He did a Prime Rib meal for my family on Christmas Eve that was "melt in your mouth" delicious! I have had the Brisket, Fajitas, Chicken Parmesan, to just name a few! Tatering will be doing my son's wedding this October and I am confident that the food will be great as well as the service!

Sent on 01/04/2019

Leena Ayers · Married on 12/23/2018

Amazing! I will be using tatering again!!

Mark is amazing!! He accomplished my wedding only three weeks before I walked down the isle! I will definitely be using him again for any huge or small get together!

Sent on 01/02/2019

Tatering's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words and letting Tatering be part of your special day!! Your wedding was gorgeous!!

Deana Brown · Married on 12/01/2018

A must hire 4 u!

Marc was so great to meet with! He even brought us a special "surprise", his amazing brisket, to our tasting! He answered every single question we had even when it came to other parts of the wedding. He seemed genuinely interested in making our day perfect and gave honest answers on how to make it happen and how he could help. Although we ended up canceling our wedding, Marc was quick to respond even with that! Wish things had worked out differently, but Would definitely recommend Marc to anyone! Great food and so accommodating!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Morgan · Married on 10/20/2018

Great Choice

We found Tatering on Wedding Wire and emailed about a tasting, they were very responsive and flexible. The food at our tasting was amazing and incredibly reasonable. We also had a couple of allergies and they were very considerate and ensured that we would not have any issues, which we didn’t. Our venue included staff so all we needed was delivery, which they were happy to accommodate. The delivery was on time and came with all of the food that was ordered. We received many many compliments on dinner and were told by several guests it was the best food they had eaten at a wedding.

Sent on 12/16/2018
  • Eve

Eve Wood · Married on 10/01/2018

Every lasting impressions

I can not say enough about the quality of service Tatering provided for our party. It started with the thoughts and ideas that they provided to help shape our menu for our guests was outstanding. They were punctual and so professional through out the evening. The visual presentation of the appetizers and the entrees were so beautiful! I can't say enough about the quality and flavor of everything we order. Every guest at the party commented on how wonderful the food tasted and would certainly hire Tatering for their event!!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Christine · Married on 08/03/2018

Y’all were absolutely wonderful. I could not have asked for a better caterer! The food was fresh, delicious, and flavorful! I will recommend y’all to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Mandy Simpson · Married on 06/02/2018

A must hire!

Marc is great at communication. We asked him to deliver lunch for our bridal party and others that were decorating. He also did our dinner for the wedding. The food was amazing. We had tons of compliments. The portions were large and very delicious. Servers provided a very professional touch. Plates, silverware, and glasses were also rented from them. We also used their Bartenders. Everything went smoothly.

Sent on 12/12/2018

Agnes · Married on 12/09/2017

Amazing service! they were great during the planning process and the day of. They are very professional and made sure everything was perfect during our reception. The food was amazing! Our guests enjoyed the food so much. I highly recommend Tatering for your next event!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Mother · Married on 10/14/2017

We first tried Marc at a birthday party and everyone was blown away by his food! We were so excited to use him at our son’s wedding in October but unfortunately the bride canceled the wedding. We were devastated. Since we already paid for the deposit, I asked Marc if we could give the money that we already spent towards a gift to a young couple in need. He said YES and then took everything over from there. The couple had their tasting today and absolutely LOVED the food! There aren’t too many vendors that would do this and I can’t express my sincere gratitude for him doing this. I’ve been so sad about the wedding not taking place and then knowing the money I spent would not go to anything. When I asked Marc if I could gift it to the couple, he created a beautiful gift certificate that I could present to them. The couple were blown away and so excited for this gift. I would recommend him over and over to anyone looking for great food, service and heart of gold!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Lindsey · Married on 10/14/2017

My husband and I were married October 14, 2017. We did a taste testing in January 2016 with Marc and were instantly impressed with his food. We booked shortly after. His payment plan was reasonable and on the day of, his staff was prompt, and everyone enjoyed their meals. We were extremely grateful for the individual meals they packed up for us because with all of the excitement, we were starving by the time we reached our honeymoon destination. Thanks Marc!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Tori · Married on 10/01/2017

We hired Tatering to cater our rehearsal dinner and it was the best decision we could have made. Everyone there raved over the BBQ dinner Marc prepared for us. We only paid for a drop off buffet and Marc went over our expectations with his set up and presentation. I highly recommend you giving them a try! We are huge BBQ lovers and his brisket is hands down the best I've ever had! We couldn't have asked for a better caterer than Tatering!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Jess · Married on 09/30/2017

Sent on 02/17/2017

Channing Gillum · Married on 09/16/2017

Tater's #1 fan

Marc and his crew were amazing! My hubby and I are huge foodies that wanted to treat our family and friends to a wedding menu that they would never forget. He took my "homestyle southern food" wedding to a whole new level!! Over a year later we are still receiving rave reviews from our guests and I am always happy to share Chef Tater's contact info with inquiring minds. Marc even went so far as to pack a box of food up for an ailing uncle, who was wheelchair and nurse dependent, because his food gave him an appetite! His communication during the planning process was amazing & he even went to the rental company with me, at my request, to help me rent the correct items to maximize impact!
    The whole staff was an absolute JOY to work with and I definitely plan on employing them again should the need arise!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Deana · Married on 07/21/2017

I had to give them all 5 stars because they honestly deserved them. Tatering came through for us in a pinch and saved us. They gave us 5 star service and the food was wonderful. I cannot recommend them enough. We am sure we will be using them for all are upcoming event in the future and you should too!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Laura · Married on 07/01/2017

Professional staff and showed great concern with our requests. Great price and so much variety to chose from. They showed great customer service. I would use them again!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Mandy · Married on 06/29/2017

Sent on 07/12/2017

Tatering's reply:

Mandy and Mike - Congratulations again!! It was such an honor to be there for you and provide you with great food and service.

Jennifer · Married on 06/16/2017

I have too many good things to say about Marc and his staff! He went above and beyond to make the whole experience of planning and having the wedding as smooth and easy going as possible. Of COURSE, the food was phenomenal and totally affordable with our tiny budget, but that is just a small part of the experience. Marc is a veteran with events and knows how things are supposed to run, which was really important for us because we have not been to a whole lot of weddings yet. Every one of the servers who I got to interact with was sweet, courteous, and thoughtful. When my dad had to step out of the buffet line to come dance with me for the father/daughter dance, one of the servers noticed this and brought him a plate directly to his table afterwards. Little things like that made a huge difference for us and our guests! We 100% recommend Marc and Tatering.

Sent on 08/02/2017