Tatering Reviews

168 | Addison, TX

168 Reviews for Tatering

Christine · Married on 08/03/2018

Y’all were absolutely wonderful. I could not have asked for a better caterer! The food was fresh, delicious, and flavorful! I will recommend y’all to anyone and everyone!

Agnes · Married on 12/09/2017

Amazing service! they were great during the planning process and the day of. They are very professional and made sure everything was perfect during our reception. The food was amazing! Our guests enjoyed the food so much. I highly recommend Tatering for your next event!

Mother · Married on 10/14/2017

We first tried Marc at a birthday party and everyone was blown away by his food! We were so excited to use him at our son’s wedding in October but unfortunately the bride canceled the wedding. We were devastated. Since we already paid for the deposit, I asked Marc if we could give the money that we already spent towards a gift to a young couple in need. He said YES and then took everything over from there. The couple had their tasting today and absolutely LOVED the food! There aren’t too many vendors that would do this and I can’t express my sincere gratitude for him doing this. I’ve been so sad about the wedding not taking place and then knowing the money I spent would not go to anything. When I asked Marc if I could gift it to the couple, he created a beautiful gift certificate that I could present to them. The couple were blown away and so excited for this gift. I would recommend him over and over to anyone looking for great food, service and heart of gold!

Lindsey · Married on 10/14/2017

My husband and I were married October 14, 2017. We did a taste testing in January 2016 with Marc and were instantly impressed with his food. We booked shortly after. His payment plan was reasonable and on the day of, his staff was prompt, and everyone enjoyed their meals. We were extremely grateful for the individual meals they packed up for us because with all of the excitement, we were starving by the time we reached our honeymoon destination. Thanks Marc!

Tori · Married on 10/01/2017

We hired Tatering to cater our rehearsal dinner and it was the best decision we could have made. Everyone there raved over the BBQ dinner Marc prepared for us. We only paid for a drop off buffet and Marc went over our expectations with his set up and presentation. I highly recommend you giving them a try! We are huge BBQ lovers and his brisket is hands down the best I've ever had! We couldn't have asked for a better caterer than Tatering!

Jess · Married on 09/30/2017

Marc was so great to meet with! He even brought us a special "surprise", his amazing brisket, to our tasting! He answered every single question we had even when it came to other parts of the wedding. He seemed genuinely interested in making our day perfect and gave honest answers on how to make it happen and how he could help. Although we ended up canceling our wedding, Marc was quick to respond even with that! Wish things had worked out differently, but Would definitely recommend Marc to anyone! Great food and so accommodating!

Deana · Married on 07/21/2017

I had to give them all 5 stars because they honestly deserved them. Tatering came through for us in a pinch and saved us. They gave us 5 star service and the food was wonderful. I cannot recommend them enough. We am sure we will be using them for all are upcoming event in the future and you should too!

Laura · Married on 07/01/2017

Professional staff and showed great concern with our requests. Great price and so much variety to chose from. They showed great customer service. I would use them again!

Mandy · Married on 06/29/2017

Marc is great at communication. We asked him to deliver lunch for our bridal party and others that were decorating. He also did our dinner for the wedding. The food was amazing. We had tons of compliments. The portions were large and very delicious. Servers provided a very professional touch. Plates, silverware, and glasses were also rented from them. We also used their Bartenders. Everything went smoothly.

Sent on 07/12/2017

Tatering's reply:

Mandy and Mike - Congratulations again!! It was such an honor to be there for you and provide you with great food and service.

Jennifer · Married on 06/16/2017

I have too many good things to say about Marc and his staff! He went above and beyond to make the whole experience of planning and having the wedding as smooth and easy going as possible. Of COURSE, the food was phenomenal and totally affordable with our tiny budget, but that is just a small part of the experience. Marc is a veteran with events and knows how things are supposed to run, which was really important for us because we have not been to a whole lot of weddings yet. Every one of the servers who I got to interact with was sweet, courteous, and thoughtful. When my dad had to step out of the buffet line to come dance with me for the father/daughter dance, one of the servers noticed this and brought him a plate directly to his table afterwards. Little things like that made a huge difference for us and our guests! We 100% recommend Marc and Tatering.

Renee · Married on 06/03/2017

I love Tatering! I had contacted Marc about catering for a small graduation celebration, Marc was so easy to work with, he was very professional, and made sure everything was perfect just as he would expect if he was serving it to his family. I have tried several of his dishes but we ordered the BBQ Brisket and beans and the dishes were nothing short of amazing that had our relatives asking how they can order food from Tatering. I recommend Tatering for any of your catering needs large or small.

Sent on 06/14/2017

Tatering's reply:

Renee, Thank you so much for the kind words. We LOVE making people happy with our foods!!
  • User7281500 · 1+ year ago

WOW!! I can't say enough great things about this man and his company. I am a military member who recently had many issues with the other vendors we were going to use. He was the most responsive and most dedicated vendor have ever had the pleasure of using. I would recommend him to all of my friends and family. I wish there were more companies and business owners out there that care about their clients the way this company does.. If you have the chance to use this company BOOK THEM ASAP.

Jackie · Married on 05/20/2017

It has been almost a year and my family and friends still are bragging about the best brisket they had ever eaten. My dad I think stalks the sweet guy they call Tater (LOL - love the name!).
    We must have had 20 plus catering tastings and were exhausted over bad food or sub-par standard chicken at $35 a plate. We had a huge wedding and needed good food but not costing the price of my Nissan.
    So finally we tried Wedding Wire one more time and found Tatering. Marc was sooooo responsive and seriously answered all my 2000 questions I had over the phone. I must have called him like 4 times. He was patient and answered them all and even offered some great ideas on my timeline.
    So the big surprise was the quote, my finance and I were skeptical of this because he was more like $24 a plate but it included the dishware, linens, staff and food (meal and apps).
    Now this all changed with finally meeting him and his chef in Carrollton ( I believe they have moved though). They were so both very nice and Marc talked with us for 2 hours again which was so reassuring. He showed us everything right there during our free tasting (yes free!!).
    Now the best part... the brisket!! His brisket was so incredibly juicy and not dry. Has some fat on it and comes with his signature sweet barbecue sauce with I think some kind of soda flavor in it. Ok the stuff is to DIE for!! Hubby took a bottle home with him and covered up all my cooking with it, because its so damn good. Now we had his mac n cheese and garlic mashed potatoes which are both very good. We knew this was the right place, signed the contract and paid them right there.
    So the day of my day was stressful until I heard Tatering arrived, I kept thinking of the barbecue until dinner time. People is was so damn good the second time we ate it and yes his staff had to go boxes made for us which we ate on the plane later.
    Love you guys!

Sent on 01/12/2018

Tatering's reply:

Wow!! Thank you so much for the kind words!! It was an honor to be part of your day.
  • W

Gene · Married on 03/18/2017

Where do I start? Well, Marc is just shy from a food God and just an overall saint let me tell you. I met with 27 other catering companies and either they wanted $35 a plate or were not flexible for what I really wanted or worst the food was still frozen when I bit into it (so nasty).
    Marc's first words were "Tell me about your vision" and when I said we could be ok with just this again his response was "It's your wedding, so you tell me what I need to make and it will happen". I mean WOW! But yet I still had my doubts UNTIL I ate his food. Dear Lord Jesus this man can cook a steak and jalapeno macaroni and cheese. For months I craved that Macaroni and cheese. Then it really happened, Marc gave us the total, I asked him to repeat it twice, expecting additional or hidden fees and no the number he gave was what he said. At one point I started to cry while eating his food still. Such a gentleman he got up and got me tissues.
    The day finally arrived and his team showed up and were sooooo amazing the entire time. From set up, to bartending to cleaning up the tables his staff were always smiling. I barely got to eat and was so bummed I only ate like 4 bites that evening. BUT I get into the limo and there was 2 to go boxes packed for us. It was like an Angel was watching over me.
    Marc or Tater as you like to be called - You are truly an amazing, caring and passionate person. Your customer service is by far better than all my other vendors but just comparing in your field, I will not be surprised you are not catering more celebrities soon. You are my Ramsey!! Looking forward to emailing you soon when the Holidays come up.

Cara · Married on 03/05/2017

Delicious food. Had rave reviews from our guests. Marc and his staff were attentive and wonderful.

Ragan · Married on 02/18/2017

Marc is amazing! The food he provides is so so so yummy! He's so nice and caring & only provides the absolute best!!!

Barbara · Married on 01/07/2017

Of all the vendors, we worked with for our wedding, none left us feeling as confident and comfortable as Marc and his team at Tatering. From our first conversation after we got engaged until the lights came on at midnight on our wedding, he and his staff took the best care of us. They service, food and professionalism were all exceptional and we couldn't be happier we used them as our caterer. Our guests raved about the food and we were thrilled that they managed to deliver the high quality, comfort food we wanted without any of the pretentious that often goes along with it. If we could do it all over again and again (and we would!), we would choose Tatering every time. A big thank you to Marc and everyone who worked so hard to create such a special night for us

Christina · Married on 12/18/2016

Tatering was unbelievable for the cost. Marc fit our budget and everyone raved about the food. The macaroni and cheese bar was hit! People loved choosing the toppings. The green beans were talked about. The staff was extremely professional and I have no complaints. I would use them in the future for other events.

Sent on 12/31/2016

Tatering's reply:

Thank you very much the kind words! My staff and I loved being part of your special day. Congratulations again from Team Tater

Steph · Married on 12/10/2016

Marc and his team were beyond what my family expected. We got married in December and all I've heard from friends and family is where did you find that barbecue? I'm going to have to order and mail it off to family if they don't stop harassing me lol.

As far as Marc goes. This guy is an elite owner of a company. He makes you feel special and he listens to everything I said to him and finds little ways to make it better. The man danced with my Grandmother because she didn't have a dance partner. Mr Marc you keeping doing what you do and you'll be the next Gordan Ramsey sir

Hailey · Married on 11/05/2016

Wow what an awesome Caterer!! Marc was so great, even provided me with a venue for our wedding. Excellent Italian food, best chicken parm we ever had. Great Caesar salad and LOVED the venue. Price was very reasonable. Thank you very much Tater

• Katherine

Katherine · Married on 10/28/2016

Marc and his team are AMAZING! We hired them for my wedding which happened about two weeks ago. Marc is very passionate about his business and it shows. He was very attentive, organized and helpful during the whole planning process. We met with him twice before the wedding, the first was a food tasting and the second was to review the linens. I am really amazed at all the hard work Marc and his team put in to make my day happen. The guests loved the food and the servers worked hard all night long! The servers even brought the food to my husband and I right as we sat down so we could actually eat :) HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Hailey · Married on 10/22/2016

Five stars is not enough. Up to us I would do 20!
    Marc goes beyond what we asked and did way more than we expected. He even took on the coordinating during the event

So much a huge fan!!

Holly · Married on 10/15/2016

Marc and his team of caterers were amazing! They were so very professional and easy to work with during our planning process. I was amazed at the detail that they do to make your day special. Thank you for all the hard work. Our guests loved the food and continue to talk about it. The servers were prompt and constantly working to clear tables and provide guests with anything they needed. As the bride, they were always checking on me, to see if I needed anything. We did not have to worry about anything. Thank you Team Tater!

Amazing. My guests are still raving about the food! They were such a pleasure to work with and we recommend them #wholeheartedly.