Tasty Creations Catering Reviews

39 Reviews for Tasty Creations Catering

• Sofia

Sofia Nunez · Married on 05/19/2018

Amazing All Inclusive Catering Company

A company that truly delivers what they say

Sent on 10/30/2018

Sherry · Married on 04/21/2018

David, Margarita and their crew did an awesome job!! Highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 04/30/2018

Sherry,

We were so excited that we could assist you with your special day. Thank you for asking me to preform the ceremony for you and Dan. If there is ever anything else that I can do for the two you please do not hesitate to call me. Congratulations again.

Lauren · Married on 04/08/2018

Absolutely wonderful! I was so nervous about planning a destination wedding, but they were on top of everything! Food, decorations, set up, everything was beautiful and flawless! Even things I hadn't even considered that just made our wedding perfect! So glad that we went with Tasty Creations, I wouldn't change a thing! Their staff was wonderful and professional too. Thank you Tasty Creations!

Sent on 05/04/2018

Delsina · Married on 01/13/2018

Wow, what a great power couple to work with. They make sure everything is to the couples liking. That the couple gets fed first and that everything is according to compliance. I would suggest them to anyone who would like a smooth flawless execution!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Laura · Married on 11/11/2017

Tasty Creations did a wonderful job to make our day unique and special. The food, flowers, linens, staff and DJ Mikey were all awesome! It was so great to have just 1 vendor take care of everything. Chef David and Josefina really go the extra mile to capture our vision and allow us to have a stress free day. They’re also a lot of fun to work with!!!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Curtis · Married on 11/04/2017

Chef David and his team made the biggest day of our lives stress and worry free. From the first time we met Chef David and his wife we felt the love and passion as they treat you like family, not a paycheck like some of these large companies. They were always readily available to answer all of our questions and always understanding as my wife changed her mind more time than we could count. I would recommend Tasty Creations to anyone looking for a classy yet falavorful food, one stop shop for all event needs, budget friendly, and professional yet personal staff to host your wedding. Thank you Tasty Creations team for turning our dream into a reality!

Sent on 05/12/2018

Mimi · Married on 09/17/2017

Words can't Express how lucky we were to find you to cater our wedding. Not only did we end up with the great catering company but we made awesome forever friends. We love you and thank you for making our day just perfect. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how amazing the food was and guests lined up at the buffet to serve themselves seconds.. you guys truly rocked it. Thanks again David, Jo and team. I will continue to recommend you guys to all our friends and family. #March182018 Mimi&Kenny

Sent on 05/24/2018

Katherine · Married on 03/25/2017

Fun, professional, personable

Chef and Margarita make the perfect duo. They run their company with professionalism, but they know how to make your big day perfect. All I can say is that the food was perfect, the flow of everything was on point, and our wedding day was memorable. Just a word of advice... Don't ask if anything is canned. It's all fresh. Just like Chefs jokes. :-P haha

Sent on 11/05/2018

mariella · Married on 05/30/2018

Truly a pleasure having them do our event!

Sent on 06/05/2018
  • F

Francina · Married on 02/24/2018

3.0

They were awesome to work with. They made my special day a dream come true.

Sent on 03/04/2018

Hi Francina,

It was a great pleasure to work with you and Tom. Thank you both for allowing us to provide you with all the services that you needed.

Mig Tap · Married on 11/04/2018

1.4

Unorganized Under staff

It was one hour and thirty minutes before the ceremony was scheduled to begin the venue and reception hall were not setup.
    The decorations were not was what agree they seem confused and not organize at all.
    The food was cold and not tasty and very small portions.
    Will not recommend.

Sent on 11/17/2018

Michelle,

Congratulations again to the two of you. Josefina and I were so glad you chose us to be part of this special ocassion. We are sad to see such a review. Chef specifically spoke with your husband near the end to ask him how everything was. Your husband told him with myself and the owner of the property that everything was excellent and that it was the best day of his life.

The review on the food shocked the chef considering all the dinner plates came back empty. Several of your guest personally came to tell the chef how good the meal was. He was also so glad to see everyone eating the 6oz portions of steak he grilled during service. He was especially thrill to see your plate and your husbands plate come back empty.

The personal service my bartender gave each and everyone of your guests was amazing. You did not ask for table side wine service, but my bartender said she was wanting to offer that since this was a small wedding.

I am not sure if you were ever told, but Imperial Party Rentals was 3 hours late with your furniture for the reception. It did arrive 2 hours before the ceremony started, and it was all set up before the reception. No one knew how late they showed up to deiver. While we are sure it look disorganized I will assure you it was not.

Please feel to contact us if you have any questions that we can answer for you.

• Brenna

Brenna Doherty · Married on 02/22/2020

1.2

Unprofessional

Wow. I didn’t realize an entire wedding could be so negatively affected from a catering company. Completely unprofessional. Appetizers were an hour late. When we met with this company, the owners assured us that they are organized and always on time. This was not the case.

The owner threatened to stop serving in the middle of dinner service. Two of our guests that we know of DID NOT RECEIVE MEALS. This was beyond embarrassing for my husband and I. Others received the wrong meals with cards which clearly stated their meal option. My friend ordered vegetarian and received steak. She was told this is all they had for her. Completely unacceptable. There were no steak knives for the steak. We were forced to eat steak with BUTTER KNIVES.

No plates were provided for the cake which is clearly stated in their contract that they provide. We had cake for 100 people which was not touched because we did not have plates to serve it on. Guests were asking me when they would be able to have cake. I have never been so embarrassed in my life.

Please do not waste your money with this company. They treat customers disgustingly as you can see in their responses to people’s reviews on here. They take no responsibility for their unprofessionalism. They do not care about unsatisfied customers, for if they did, they would work to fix their customer’s grievances.

Sent on 02/28/2020

Tenille Dacosta · Married on 03/31/2018

Should be no stars!

When planning a wedding there are ALOT of variables that come into play. The top two would be Venue and Food, for us. As a Bride the morning of her wedding, there was a sense of anxiety and nervousness for wanting your day to go perfectly, but all the time realizing that nothing will be as perfect as you want it, and that your loved ones and people you have put in place will do everything within their power to right any wrongs or mishaps.
    When we were given Tasty Creations website and menu information - we were pleased with their menu options as well as their willingness to “make” what we may want like a special family cuisine handed down generations, as well as their ability to do in home tastings and consults. Throughout our entire process of choosing vendors for our wedding - we seemed to choose vendors that gave us that comforting and reassuring feeling that they were there for you and were going to make YOUR dream day happen. The original tasting date had to be rescheduled as they booked a pop-up shop, or so “forgot”, that they had scheduled a date and time AND confirmed with us that said date at our home. Imagine my reluctance with booking with them, but we were reassured that this was a mistake and that this was a first, and that it definitely was not going to happen the day of our wedding. The day of the consult a few weeks later, David and Josephina were a wonderful and warm couple that answered any and all questions, the food was spectacular at the tastings and they even took my mom’s special recipe for hand sandwiches that have been at every special family function. And that every request (add a little salt here, not so roasted potatoes there) would be doable, and the plus was (or so they said) was that they prepare all of the food on sight. So with confidence we chose them. Catering was provided an excel spreadsheet at least 10 days prior to the wedding of everyone’s name and their RSVP meal choices. After a beautiful and romantic ceremony, and basking in the glow of just saying “I DO” to my Husband we were excited to finally relax and enjoy our family and closest friends.
    Once we sat down for our meal, what was presented in front of us was not what was presented to us the day of our tasting. The COLD honey lime/cilantro glazed Salmon was a watery, no seasoned - undercooked piece of salmon w/ two VERY LARGE slices of lime on top (NO honey and NO glaze and Frozen). So shocked by not only what the food in front of me looked like, but what it tasted like, I took another bite because “This couldn’t be right”. I tried the roasted potatoes, which also to my surprise was undercooked and the brussel sprouts were overdone and soggy. Again, NOTHING like what we tasted for the tasting in our home that we were assured would be replicated. I looked at my husband’s plate, some of the bacon on his bacon wrapped tenderloin was raw, which we were also assured would not be the case the day of the consult as that is always an area of concern when having anything wrapped in bacon. Chef David said “no it will have a good sear and crisp, that’s why I do a whole loin, instead of individually wrapped steaks.” So I think to myself, Gosh I hate going to weddings where you are provided food, and the food is not enjoyable. This food was HORRIBLE! The waitstaff was a HORRIBLE AND UNORGANIZED MESS. Some of my guests didn’t even get the food they RSVP’d for. One of my guests sent back RAW salmon THREE TIMES!!! Then other guests didn’t even get vegetables on their plate - JUST more roasted RAW potatoes. My husband tried to go and talk to Chef David about making me a new piece of Salmon that tasted better than what was provided and unfortunately he couldn’t, because there was no more Salmon since people sent theirs back and he had to make new ones. He then approached me later in the night before serving was finished - stating that he was leaving and that he changed the recipe because the salmon was getting dry. I WOULD HAVE PREFERRED DRY SEASONED SALMON INSTEAD OF WATERY RAW FISH w/ SLICES OF LIME! I am so embarrassed that they provided this to my guests at my wedding, and didn’t even extend an apology, just a “thanks for the feedback”. If I am the consumer and there is already an agreed upon consumable - would it not be hue of the provider to reach out to the consumer to let them know they will be changing the recipe prior to the event. If this was the expectation in the beginning I would not have booked with them, our wedding day will forever be tainted by the horrible food and service that was given at my wedding. If there were zero stars to give, I would give that, just on the principle that nothing was offered to be done and not even an apology was extended for ruining our, the bride and groom, and our guests dining experience.

Sent on 01/05/2019

jeni · Married on 10/05/2018

0.4
      0.5

Tasty Creations ruined my entire wedding reception. it has been 5 days since my big day and I wake up wanting to cry every morning still about how horrible and embarrassing they were and how they took advantage of me and my family. everything about my wedding was perfect from the church ceremony, the details of what we had to do ourselves for decorating the reception,etc. but when it came to what we hired them and paid them for,which was the food catering and the service,it was beyond horrible. Half of our guest went without food because they were never served and when asked multiple times where their plates were the staff commented that the trays of food were dropped on the way out and there was no more. Guest had empty water glasses on their tables throughout the entire reception no one came by to serve them water during the supposed dinner hour. we were told to buy red wine to be served at dinner and not one bottle was opened or .dinner wasnt served until after 10pm which is ridiculous since the reception started at about 7 p.m. everybody was looking around wondering where the food was.Many guests left because they were so incredibly hungry and when they did not get served food after 10pm at all, and realized they were being refused food, they had to go find dinner elsewhere it breaks my heart to know that people have no conscience and can ruin someone's big day the way they did. They come on very sweet and accommodating, get you to trust them and then turn on you like a snake the day of your event. I tried contacting them the next day to discuss my complaints and they diverted the issues and talk in circles it's almost amazing how David back peddals during the conversation and never really addresses the issues he is responsible for. he offered no compensation for the dropped food no compensation for the lack of food or the guests who went without food, no reimbursement for anything he failed to do on his part that we paid in full for.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Tasty Creations Catering's reply:

As we never wish to see a review like this we are sorry that this client feels the way she does. This wedding reception was held at her grandparents older home in Davie. In our meeting with the bride and her family we had concerns about the electrical wiring in the home and if it could hold the amount of wattage with all the the equipment that was going to used. When the bridal party left for the church the grandparents completely locked the house up and we lost all power to the property when the breaker tripped. We have to call to the church to get someone to come 30 minutes back to the house to then tell us we had to unplug the DJ, unplug the Portable restroom, and not plug in until the grandparents returned. This put the entire preparation on hold because we could not sound test, check string lighting, or even cook with our conventional oven.

This bride went with family style service. Each platter went out had 4 chicken, 4 beef and a bowl of Pasta with shrimp, a bowl of potatoes and stuffed zucchini delivered to each table. The pasta and shrimp was also considered one of there 3 entree choices for the guests. We clearly informed the bride that with family style service we do not have control of the amount of food an individual takes and puts on their plates. There was enough food because we fed all her vendors that she asked us too.

The wine service was a complimentary item that we informed the bride that we would be more than happy to do if we had the time. This service was not paid for by the client. We were doing this as out of the kindness of our hearts to help save the brides budget.

We are really sorry that this bride feels the way she does. It is always our mission to capture the brides vision to the fullest. However there are somethings that are completely out of our control that will effect the follow of such a beautiful wedding reception.