Tasteful Occasions Reviews

118 | New Freedom, PA

118 Reviews for Tasteful Occasions

• F

Frederis · Married on 03/23/2013

We really appreciate the flexibility with the menu and the location. Everything was delicious.

Sent on 03/29/2013

Nancy · Married on 11/10/2012

Our wedding was amazing! Much credit to Kim and Tasteful Occasions for their hard work, attentiveness and professionalism. Kim exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend this company. Food was 5-star restaurant worthy! Thank you so very much!

Sent on 11/23/2012

Denise · Married on 10/06/2012

Our wedding was at an old historic mill with no running water or electricity, Kim was willing and quite able to pull off an hour of wonderful appetizers followed by a plated supper of crabcakes and filet mignon. She and her staff were attentive and able roll with environment they were working in. Our guests and I could not have possibly been more pleased. I would reccomend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/08/2012
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 10/06/2012

If you want excellent food that your guests talk about every time they see you- hire Tasteful Occasions!! I was so impressed with Tasteful Occasions- they went above and beyond in every way. Food quality, Price, Quantity, Selection, Service- you name it they are on top of it all! I didn't have to worry about the food all day. Tasteful Occasions met with us for a tasting at our location and went over food choices, room set up, service options, linen options, etc.- did I mention they had to travel more than an hour for the tasting! We verified all details via email and phone and all the details were perfectly spelled out- It was so easy to make sure we got everything right. The day of our wedding they showed up on time, set everything up, and served with perfection. They broke down the food stations, and cleaned up the place settings, and made sure all the place settings were put back into the cases (we rented all place settings from another vendor). I honestly couldn't have been more pleased- I would highly recommend Tasteful Occasions for any event you have- they will make it PERFECT!!

Sent on 04/29/2013

Robert · Married on 07/13/2012

Tasteful Occasions was fantastic from start to finish. You can't do better than them. The service and food were excellent, and price was reasonable. You have your choice of a huge menu which will be served however you wish. They offer lots of options that will suit your needs. Our experience was perfect.

Sent on 07/15/2012

April · Married on 01/28/2012

We were totally delighted with the catering that Tasteful Occasions provided for our wedding. Not only was the food delicious, but it was presented beautifully- all of our guests agreed.
    From the moment I contacted Kim, I received professional and attentive service. She went out of her way to design a menu that met all of our needs. In fact, she went above and beyond throughout the entire planning process- and played a great role in making my wedding day perfect.
    Kim and Rafael of Tasteful Occasions were a pleasure to work with and I would absolutely recommend them to any couple planning a wedding.

Sent on 02/16/2012

Loretta · Married on 12/17/2011

Tasteful Occasions provided an outstanding cocktail reception for our wedding! Planning with them was easy, extremely flexible and affordable. The food was arranged and served artistically. The staff took care of every detail. All of the guests commented on the delicious food. Everything was top notch! Thank you Tasteful Occasions for making our reception fantastic!

Sent on 03/28/2012

K · Married on 09/10/2016

Hi Kim,

I just wanted to take the time to THANK YOU and your staff for the stellar service you provided for our daughter and son-in-law’s reception on Saturday! You helped the day to run smoothly from the moment we arrived at Lakeview ( thanks for finding my corsage and pinning it on:-)) until cleanup! We received many compliments on the quality and presentation of the hors d'oeuvres and the dinner, as well as the attentiveness and friendliness of the servers and bartender. You were so good about communicating with us during both the planning and the event. We appreciated that you checked in with us when running into the issue with flies while setting up the cocktail hour, and realize that you went the extra mile to prep and serve those particular appetizers.

Your help in setting up and cleaning up was also so helpful! I hope your staff was able to stay somewhat cool on such a hot, humid day.

We will be sure to recommend your business to anyone looking for a caterer. Thank you again for making our daughter's wedding day such a beautiful event!!!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Katharine · Married on 07/16/2016

I am so glad that we chose Tasteful Occasions for our wedding! From the very beginning, Kim was very helpful and great to work with! She was very attentive to our wishes and willing to adapt the menu in whatever way we wanted, from the specific mixers and specialty cocktails to tweaking the entree choices until we were totally satisfied with them. She went out of her way to work the tasting around the fact that my parents were coming from out of town and wanted to be a part of it. The food at our reception was even better than the tastings! The cocktail hour had delicious appetizers- I especially loved the watermelon feta salad and ahi tuna bites (perfect for an outdoor cocktail hour on a hot July day). I loved that little touches were included, like water and lemonade for guests prior to the ceremony. We had Kim set up the reception space with a number of personal touches that we dropped out, and it all looked wonderful! Her attention to detail was apparent, as she made sure that we were both on the same page about everything before the wedding, so there were no surprises or problems on the day of the wedding. We also used a day of coordinator from them to help everything run more smoothly, and I can't recommend this enough! Mickey was fantastic, from helping with the rehearsal to making sure that my husband and I always had everything we needed during the cocktail hour and reception. It was such a relief to know that I didn't have to worry about the ceremony running smoothly, and that alone was worth the cost, but I feel that she did so much more than that!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Ashleigh · Married on 04/26/2014

I would highly recommend Tasteful Occasions to cater any event! Not only was the food delicious, but I was extremely impressed by their service and professionalism throughout the entire wedding process. They way they took care of the details allowed me to be stress-free regarding the reception which was a huge relief! They went above and beyond to make sure I was happy and I would definitely use their service again in the future.

Sent on 05/22/2014
  • Brittany

Brittany P. · Married on 09/14/2019

September 14, 2019 Wedding

Tasteful occasions was the BEST catering and day or coordination service and we're so glad we were able to work with them! Kim Hernandez was so great to work with. She helped us make decisions for things that we were clueless about, like our floor plan and day of timeline. Mickey Ridd was our day of coordinator and she is a literal blessing. She made our day so easy and took care of literally EVERYTHING for us! We really cant thank both of them enough for everything they did for us for our special day! Also, get the crab dip, you wont be disappointed :)

Sent on 09/25/2019

Meg · event on: 12/13/2014

3.5

Staff was helpful and quick to reply to my questions and specific needs. Food was delicious!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Riley · Married on 09/08/2018

Excellent food & service

During the planning, I would say this was your average caterer. But after seeing them in action at our wedding, I would say they are above average. The food was DELICIOUS! And they set it all up so well. The staff was amazing to us, always making sure we had enough to eat & drink throughout the night. Everyone was professional and courteous.

Sent on 10/25/2018
  • Lisa

Ailene · Married on 08/11/2017

Excellent food and service!! The Best!

Thank you so much to all of the staff from Tasteful Occasions for making my daughter’s wedding this past weekend absolutely spectacular! The staff of Tasteful Occasions is amazing! The service was superb! The food was unbelievable and the staff is one of a kind! Everyone of them went above and beyond our expectations. We could not have been more pleased. Thank you again!!

Sent on 11/02/2020

Chris · Married on 06/26/2012

3.5

Kim hernandez of tasteful occasions catered my wedding at the canna inn in june. The food was delicious! Kim went above and beyond in service. We were very satisfied.

Sent on 07/15/2012

Gabrielle C. · Married on 06/13/2020

3.8

Mediocre Catering

Honestly, I was not highly impressed. First of all, Kim was extremely kind and helpful while maneuvering through the whole covid/date change process. I was very appreciative of all of the guidance she had to offer us. What unimpressed me was, we paid for 4 extra servers (at $200 per server for 4 hours), but when we (the bridal party) came into the reception, and not receiving instruction or service, my new husband and I awkwardly walked to the catering area to find the servers sitting in a back room, screwing around, and caught by surprise. The food was honestly mediocre at best as well. We had the taco buffet, but it was comparable to chipotle, aside from cost...

Sent on 09/02/2020

Nicholas · Married on 07/03/2016

3.8
      0.5

My wife and I got married at the Farm at Eagles Ridge in Lancaster, PA. Kim, the owner of Tasteful Occasions, is a consummate professional and is an excellent planner. She helped us through all the decisions, was responsive, and on the day of our wedding, she was THE BEST! She always had a drink of water or a beer ready for us and was extremely attentive. I believe she also does wedding planning and I can see her being an excellent planner, as well. The servers and bartenders also got excellent reviews from the guests.

Unfortunately, I cannot give 5 stars because the dinner was very mediocre, verging on sub-par. We did a dessert table and it was great, as were the butlered appetizers. However, that's as far as it went with the food. My wife and I didn't enjoy the entrees both at the tasting and at the reception, but we are just two people. In addition, we received no comments about the food being good and so I began asking asking around about it, and sure enough, many guests had similar things to say about the entrees. I tried all but one of the entrees on the wedding day, and although they seemed cooked to temp, they were very bland and lackluster. Many guests commented that their food arrived cold, they had no dressing on their salads, among other blunders. I really don't want to be harsh, but the vegetarian dish, pasta with vodka sauce, was actually verging on inedible.

Again, I thought Kim & the servers did such a fantastic job in all other aspects. You can really appreciate her professionalism, organization, and dedication to make your event great, but the food is the biggest indicator for a catering company, and I was very disappointed with it. Because of this, I would not use Tasteful Occasions again if I had to redo the event.

Sent on 07/23/2016

3.6
      2.0

We chose Tasteful Occasions to cater our wedding because they were one of the more affordable options we came across. I was happy with how flexible they were with personalizing our proposal; they allowed us to make many changes that helped us to save money, such as providing our own plates, utensils, bar items, etc. Everything went smoothly and the food was good on our wedding day, though I didn't get much feedback from guests. I marked them down on professionalism because I often had to remind them of changes we had discussed over the phone or by email before the appropriate changes were actually made to the proposal. Additionally, at times Kim would change some of the proposal items (i.e. linen colors) to fit her tastes, as opposed to what the bride and groom had requested. My biggest complaint about Tasteful Occasions was their service staff. Several members of the staff had a bad attitude and disgruntled demeanor during our reception, so they did not exactly come off as friendly or pleasant when interacting with guests. In the end, I guess we got what we paid for.

Sent on 06/02/2015