Tasteful Occasions Reviews

118 | New Freedom, PA

118 Reviews for Tasteful Occasions

Terra · Married on 10/25/2014

Kim and Maria were so helpful through the whole planning process. Any questions or ideas were always answered. The day of the wedding, Maria made sure everything ran smoothly, and made sure my husband and I got something to eat and drink while outside getting photos, plus a ton of other helpful things! Thank you!!

Sent on 11/02/2014

Emily · Married on 09/06/2014

Tasteful Occasions did a wonderful job catering our wedding. They were super flexible and worked with me every step of the way. They allowed my mom to put our payments on a payment plan at no additional cost, which really helped us out. The food was delicious and reasonably priced, compared to some other caterers that we checked out. Their service the day of was impeccable. Very personable staff that dealt really well with my very stressed out state of mind. They responded calmly to my every request and made sure I stayed hydrated on what was a very warm day. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to do a yummy wedding reception menu for a great price!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Stacey · Married on 08/22/2014

Tasteful Occasions is amazing. Kim and her team helped make my wedding EASY and UNBELIEVABLE. She is on top of everything, extremely dedicated and passionate about what she does, her clients and her business ethics. She answered every single one of my emails with clarity, details and a compassionate and helpful heart, which at times, I don't know how she didn't get annoyed at the amount of questions I had. Her team was very conscious of my own personal food sensitivities and were able to accommodate all my dietary restrictions at the rehearsal. I would 100 percent recommend Kim and Tasteful Occasions for anyone else. In short, Kim was extremely attentive, professional, talented and most of all, she genuinely cared about my wedding and event. This was the most important day in my life, and she was excited and happy for me. Never once did I ever get the feeling that my wedding was "just another event" or I was "just one of her many clients". She rocks!! The food was amazing, the service impeccable and working with Kim throughout the entire planning process was delightful and easy.

Sent on 09/24/2014

Maria was always there to answer questions and provide suggestions. This was my
    first time organizing a catered event and Maria walked me through it and very patiently
    I might add. The staff on the day of the event was so professional and courteous.
    I will use Tasteful Occasions again! Thank you Maria and staff for all your hard work
    to make my daughter's wedding reception such a beautiful memory!

Sent on 09/25/2014

Linda · Married on 08/09/2014

I highly recommend Tasteful Occasions to anyone looking for a caterer. My husband and I were lucky enough to have them cater our wedding and we could not have been happier. The food was AMAZING! After meeting with us for a tasting, Kim helped us coordinate all of our needs, which included gluten free options for myself and guests and she adjusted the plans to fit our space (outdoor and industrial barn on a working farm). Kim and Maria came out to meet my husband at the site at least a week beforehand to do a walkthrough, go over details and make adjustments. From the bartenders to the servers to the coordinators, the Tasteful Occasions staff could not have run a smoother operation. They did their very best to ensure that we had a wonderful celebration and we absolutely recommend Tasteful Occasions for weddings or any events you have in mind.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Caelen · Married on 07/25/2014

Kim was amazing! She found a lot of things we forgot to even think about, was great about getting back, did wonders with our budget, left flexibility in the menu depending on how many people RSVP'd, and oh ya..., cooked amazing food!
    Kim did a great job managing the reception and saved our first dance when there was a mixup with the DJ. Our personal management of the wedding would have become a catastrophe if Kim wasn't around, and yet the night went so smoothly.
    Her crew were professional, busy, yet out of the way. No one had any complaints, there were no messes, and al the cleanup required exactly 0% of my attention.

Wouldn't have gone with anyone else!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Tasteful Occasions's reply:

Thank you for this kind review. It was such a pleasure to work with you both also. You are truly an amazing couple and I know you will be happy and in love forever!!!!!!

Chelsea · Married on 07/18/2014

The best! I would highly recommend!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Rebecca · Married on 07/12/2014

Amazing coordinator and staff, they were able to help us through the steps and had AMAZING food!!!!! We will recommend this company for many years to come! The price is exactly what it should be for amazing food!
    Thanks Kim and staff!!

Sent on 07/14/2014
  • Kay Marie

Kay M. · Married on 07/05/2014

if you go with anyone but tasteful occasions, you will be making a huge mistake! kim was such a wonderful person to work with and did so much for us it made the tedious wedding planning so much easier. she was very quick to reply to any questions i had and made great suggestions and gave great advice based on past weddings. if anything had gone wrong the day of, i have no idea! kim handled all problems with ease and professionalism. not to mention, people LOVED the food. we barely had any leftovers because people wanted seconds, and in one case even thirds! even the harshest of my foodie friends said they loved what they had eaten. her staff was friendly and just as wonderful as her. i would recommend kim to anyone in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Katie · Married on 05/31/2014

Kim with Tasteful Occasions Caterers was great to work with! She was great about getting back to emails and phone calls, met with me several times, kept me on schedule with payments, helped me pick out our perfect menu, dealt with all of our menu changes, and made the day of the wedding go smoothly. The food was absolutely amazing. We had a mix of Mexican and Italian (tacos, fajitas, chicken Alfredo, veggie penne, and sausage with salads). Everyone loved the food and it was served professionally. Kim had a great group of people work at the wedding and she set up so many things that we needed that day as well as helped us replenish things such as the candy bar and cupcakes. I would recommend Tasteful Occasions to anyone!

Sent on 06/25/2014

Anna · Married on 05/24/2014

We absolutely loved working with Tasteful Occassions! Their service was absolutely spectacular. Kim Hernandez was available throughout the entire planning process and was quick to answer any questions or concerns I had. She was also invaluable in planning out the reception with me. The food was perfect. Our guests still talk to us about the food we had served even now, months after the wedding! The price was a steal for the quality of food and service provided. We could not have been any more happy than we were with Tasteful Occasions!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Tasteful Occasions's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! It was a pleasure to work with you also and we look forward to being your trusted caterer for many years to come:)

Tasteful Occasions is awesome! Food is amazing! Staff was so responsive, family and friends were very impressed with the service and food. Kim and her staff had a drink ready for my husband and I before we had to ask. Had a dedicated server for bride and groom and parents of bride and groom, and never had to ask for anything. They followed my set-up ideas, and were able to work with my scattered wedding brain. Kim made my wedding day go so smoothly, I am so grateful. The service was truly exceptional. I would recommend to anyone looking for delicious food and awesome service at an affordable price!

Sent on 05/29/2014

Gina · Married on 05/03/2014

So helpful and the food was so much better then i expected! They were great!

Sent on 05/11/2014

Tasteful Occasions's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We were so happy to be such a special part of your daughter's wedding. Thank you for choosing Tasteful Occasions!

Ashlyn · Married on 04/12/2014

I am so thankful that we chose Tasteful Occasions to cater our wedding. Kim Hernandez was very responsive and professional to work with. She answered all of my emails/questions in a prompt and timely manner. She walked us through each step in the wedding planning process. When I wasn't sure what to do next, she was right there with the next thing to take care of on the list. Her prompt responsiveness made us feel more secure. I said to my fiancé (now husband) one evening that I know she probably has ten other weddings or events to plan and a family, yet she responds right away or within the next day. I had so many compliments from family and friends about how well the day went and how great the food was. We had a buffet dinner and the food was great! We did have to drive to New Freedom for a tasting but it was definitely worth the trip. The only thing that I noticed was that there was something on the menu that if I had had the chance to taste it, I would not chosen something different. I did not like it all! Just personal preference. A huge part of the day for me was that I had to entrust someone else to set up my decorations for me. Not all my decorations were where I had specified them to be, but I was not going to let a small incident like that ruin my day. That was the only thing that I wish I had more control over but there simply was not enough time to make sure every detail was where I wanted it to be. This is something I decided to let go once I saw that some things were not where I had pictured in my head and I decided that I was not going to let it ruin the day. I am sure that every bride goes through this! We enjoyed our day and I was able to relax! I highly recommend choosing Tasteful Occasions (Kim Hernandez) for all of your catering needs!! You won't regret it!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Meghan · Married on 12/07/2013

Tasteful Occasioins was unbelievable and made our day fantastic! We had an issue with our caterer we chose first (a family friend) and about a month before the wedding we had to find someone new! Kim got right back to me and told me they had the day available! She did such an amazing job helping us get all the decisions made quickly and easily. It was such a smooth process.
    Not only was the pre-wedding help amazing but the day of the wedding Kim and her staff helped set up everything! We had to move the wedding in doors last minute so stuff got a little crazy but they all helped so much to get things set up and ready.
    we had about 170 people that attended the wedding and we did buffet style, everyone got through quickly and LOVED the food. My husband and I were served which was nice and while we were getting pictures taken during cocktail hour they were bringing us a tray of appetizers which was awesome and just what we wanted! LOVE Tasteful Occasions!!!! thanks for making our day amazing!!!!

Sent on 01/08/2014

Tasteful Occasions's reply:

Meghan, Thank you for this wonderful review. It was an absolute pleasure to be a part of your special day and we are so glad that you enjoyed everything! Thank you!

Cheryl · Married on 12/07/2013

Kim and her staff were wonderful. They were professional from start to finish. Our guests loved the food. The tomato shooters and grilled cheese were an absolute hit along with the shepherd pie appetizers. They made sure our guests were served in a timely manner. The presentation of the buffet was beautiful. If we need a catering service again I will definitely call Kim.

Cheryl

Sent on 01/08/2014

Tasteful Occasions's reply:

Thank you Cheryl! It was wonderful to work with you and your family! We look forward to being your trusted caterer for many years to come!

Kim and the crew of tasteful occasions were wonderful!!! We did food stations which turned out amazing! Kim had great ideas and really helped us pull everything together! The food was amazing, we received numerous compliments. Kim was extremely attentive to my husband, mom/dad, and myself all night, making sure we ate and always had a drink in our hand. I can't say enough good things about the food and personnel! I hope to have an opportunity to work with them again!

Sent on 11/13/2013

Tasteful Occasions's reply:

Thank you Jen! It was a pleasure to work with you also! Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness!

Tabatha · Married on 09/21/2013

We cannot thank Kim and her staff enough for everything they've done for us. They were all amazing at the wedding! Everyone came up and told us how much they loved the food, and the wedding party was very impressed with everything Kim did for us! We have to say, as biased as we may be, the food was the best food we have ever had at a wedding! It tasted just as delicious as it did during the tasting.
    Kim was so helpful with suggesting foods, and she really created the menu to suit our tastes. She were also great about communicating with us throughout this entire process.
    We really cannot express enough gratitude for everything Tasteful Occasions have done for us! We have been telling everyone about everything Tasteful Occasions has done and how amazing they have been, and we will continue to suggest them to everyone we know for catering. Also, they will continue to be the only people we contact for all of our catering needs!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Bryan · Married on 09/14/2013

I honestly could not have asked for a better caterer for our wedding. Kim was extremely easy to work with and helped out when needed throughout the day. Tasteful Occasions provides a service that is unparalleled in both price and quality. I will definitely be telling others about our experience and recommend Tasteful Occasions whenever you need a caterer.

Sent on 10/04/2013

Tasteful Occasions's reply:

Thank you Bryan & Marina! It was such a pleasure to work with you both. We look forward to working with you, your family and friends in the future. We wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness!

Kim and the group at Tasteful Occasions were amazing. They made us delicious food, was available when I needed her, and was very straight forward with everything. She was honest with us and helped us make some big decisions for the day of our wedding. She was very flexible and even helped us get ice for the drinks within a days notice of our wedding. We could not have been happier with her and her staff were so nice! I highly suggest giving her a try :)

Sent on 08/30/2013

Laura · Married on 05/25/2013

Kim and the team at Tasteful Occasions were fabulous! My husband and I had a unique menu we wanted to create, and they exceeded our expectations, and our guests'! I worked primarily with Kim and she was prompt and extremely knowledgeable. She gave me a lot of sound advice about the questions I had, and I took her advice on everything. She was there on the day of our wedding and was just great. Tasteful Occasions did our appetizers, buffet, and cakes. My dad was skeptical about my menu idea and even he was eating the leftovers from our menu :-) They were also very economical and Kim provided me with a lot of ideas to save money and stay within my budget. She is very down to earth and easy to work with. I loved our food and our service!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Leighanne · Married on 05/04/2013

Our wedding day was a great success thanks to Kim and her team. Everyone at our reception raved about the delicious food and service. Our photographer told us that he has been to many weddings and this was some of the best wedding food he had ever had. We had a buffet style reception with Italian food and also beef. Kim was available for all the questions we had prior to our big day and helped us along the way. We would highly recommend Tasteful Occasions to anyone looking for a caterer.

Sent on 05/20/2013

Lisa · Married on 04/27/2013

Kim was awesome to work with!! Very professional and helpful. The food was amazing, and she worked great with our budget. I would highly recommend Tasteful Occasions to anyone!!

Sent on 05/08/2013

Lauree · Married on 04/20/2013

Tasteful Occasions is very professional from start to finish. I knew when I talked to Kim and after our tasting that we would have no worries about the food at our daughters wedding. That was such a good feeling! The entire staff are friendly and efficient. We had a limited budget, but they worked with us to find a menu within that budget. I highly recommend them for catering services!

Sent on 04/25/2013

Karen · Married on 04/20/2013

Kim was absolutely amazing - friendly, professional, and so helpful. Through the whole process she worked with us to fit our budget and iron out issues with the reception venue, and was committed to helping us make the best decisions to make the day exactly what I wanted. The staff on the wedding day was fantastic, everyone loved the food... I can't imagine having a better experience with a caterer for any price! From the beginning of the planning process to the wedding day, you will be glad to have Tasteful Occasions catering your event! :)

Sent on 05/14/2013