Tasteful Elegance, Inc. Reviews

53 | Easley, SC

53 Reviews for Tasteful Elegance, Inc.

Kate · Married on 12/19/2015

Cheryl was so wonderful to work with and, in short, our wedding cake was extraordinary. The detail was impeccable and I felt bad cutting into it during the reception because it was so beautiful! Beyond looks, the cake itself was SO SO good. My grandmother who is a big baker said it was the best cake she'd ever eaten. I know several of our guests went back for fourth (!) pieces. Thank you so much, Cheryl, for all your work--we're so happy we chose you to bake our cake!!

Sent on 01/08/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/19/2015

Omg Cheryl is amazing from the first time I tried her cake at the wedding festival I knew she was going to make my wedding cake.we wanted buttercream icing and not fondent. she made my wedding cake just like the image I gave her and she was very honest with us and told us everything we needed to know everyone is still talking about how awsome my was thank you so much Cheryl if your looking for a cake designer I would highly recommed her

Sent on 10/03/2015

Melissa · Married on 09/06/2015

This cake was not only beautiful but extremely delicious! Unfortunately, we had the attack of the bugs at our wedding and I wish there would have been something mentioned in order to prevent this from happening. Especially since it was known to be an outdoor wedding. Nevertheless, the cake was so yummy sans frosting and we were so happy with her and our cake!

Sent on 12/04/2015

We were extremely pleased with Tasteful Elegance! Everyone kept commenting on amazing the cake tasted and looked! I gave her a picture of what I wanted and I got exactly what I imagined, if not better! She worked with us on our budget and gave great advice! I would have had so much cake left over if I had not listened to her. We had just enough for the wedding and some for left over when we got back from our honeymoon. Some people have to freeze the top layer for their one year anniversary, we just have to contact her two weeks before our anniversary and we get a fresh cake!!!! I don't even like cake that much and i'm already looking forward to it! Thanks so much!!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Jenn · Married on 08/01/2015

Best wedding cake EVER!!! We highly recommend the white chocolate with buttercream icing!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Skylar · Married on 06/13/2015

Tasteful Elegance is amazing! Cheryl made my sister's wedding cake a few years ago, and we just had to have her do mine as well! My sister and I hate cake, but LOVE Cheryl's cakes... how much better can you get!?! Cheryl was able to sketch out my vision (I had several). She made sure to tell me exactly what I needed to know about every detail. She even drove all the way from Simpsonville to Spartanburg to deliver our cake. I have had numerous people comment on how amazing our cake was... still - a month later! I hope you choose to share your big day with Tasteful Elegance!

Sent on 07/13/2015

Suzanne · Married on 05/23/2015

Cheryl and her team at Tasteful Elegance were phenomenal! We custom designed our wedding cake and groom's cake from top to bottom with many intricate details and she brought our visions to life! Her cakes tasted wonderful and were absolutely stunning. Delivery was flawless and everything looked beautiful. I would highly recommend Tasteful Elegance to any brides or grooms for their wedding cakes!

Sent on 06/04/2015

Nancy · Married on 05/23/2015

THE BEST CAKE EVER!!! Cheryl was awesome to work with. We have had nothing but wonderful compliments. The tasting was amazing. Work is beautiful and very detailed. The best is she provides the couple with a fresh cake on their Anniversary, not having to have the freezer burnt one left from the wedding the year prior. We had 250+ guests. Very accommodating. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TASTEFUL ELEGANCE.

Sent on 07/05/2015

Cheryl at Tasteful Elegance was such a pleasure to work with and comes highly recommended. My husband and I used Cheryl for both our grooms cake and wedding cake and loved them both. Her sample tasting was amazing and was SO HARD to choose a flavor since they are all so good. During the rehearsal dinner and wedding reception, there were numerous comments on how delicious, fresh, and moist the cake was and so many people asked me who made it so they could use her for their next big event. Hands down the best cake around!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/12/2014

"Best tasting wedding cake I've ever had!" No joke, that is the lasting memory I am repeatedly told when friends and family reminisce on our wedding! So beautiful, it was exactly what my husband and I envisioned. We didn't have a super clear image of what we wanted at first, and all we knew was that we did NOT want fondant. What we did have was a vague theme and intangible mood we hoped our wedding (and cake) would reflect. After consulting with Cheryl and showing her images that I liked (but didn't want to necessarily copy) she came up with a design that expressed the exact mood we wanted AND was unique to us. Not only was it literally sparklingly beautiful, it tasted DELICIOUS. We could not decide on just two or three flavors, so we HAD TO HAVE FOUR! (Carrot, lemon with strawberry cream, chocolate with raspberry cream, and yellow with chocolate buttercream. All iced with the most delicious buttercream...)
    Professional, kind, flexible, and sweet, pun intended, we highly recommend anyone looking for a wedding baker to do themselves, and their guests, and delightful favor and book Cherly at Tastful Elegance!

Sent on 10/12/2015
  • User4320163 · 2+ years ago

The cake Cheryl's did it to my daughter in her wedding day was incredible very elegant and very well design . The test of the cake was amazing. Everyone eat his piece. Everyone loved the decoration, testy delicious . She set with us my daughter and the groom to be sure understand what they want , she give her opinion and advise to them . Then, she went to her kitchen and show us how the cake will be looks like with foam pattern. She let us all see and decide what. We need to change and what we need to do . She help us to choose the flavor. My daughter wekas very pleased with the test of her cake, she use icing not fondue . I was worry the cake will be melted before getting to cut the cake. But, she said do not worry everything will be fine. A lot of people told us the icing cake you can't design as the fondue cake. But Cheryl mad it. Everyone like very much the color the design the test. Thank you Cheryl .

Sent on 08/12/2014

Tammy · Married on 08/01/2014

Cheryl with Tasteful Elegance was a great person to work with! From our tasting appointment to delivery of the wedding cake, she was professional and dependable. Her cakes our beautiful and delicious. She took the bride's idea and created a magnificent, beautiful cake. Our guests raved over the beauty and the taste.

Sent on 08/21/2014

Katelyn · Married on 07/08/2014

I said to my husband before we got married that the most important thing I wanted for the wedding was having a yummy cake. Wedding cakes are always beautiful but most of the time they taste dry and not so good. Well I searched high and low looking for someone who made beautiful AND yummy wedding cake and Cheryl exceeded my expectations! I will always get all my cakes from her. Her cake taste amazing; it is moist and the icing is so yummy. I already told my family we will be getting all our cakes from her for now on and everyone agrees! Seriously the best cake I have ever had and I'm a sweets LOVER so I would know! My husband is not a big sweets fan at all and he was excited about us getting our 1 year anniversary cake and he got seconds at the wedding and on our anniversary and he does not do that.... EVER. So that says a lot. I promise you won't go wrong when choosing Cheryl to make your cake.

Sent on 08/04/2015

Susan · Married on 08/03/2013

The best tasting/looking cake around. Must try!

Sent on 10/30/2013

We used Tasteful Elegance for our wedding cake. The cake was beautiful and tasted as good as it looked. Our guests raved about how delicious it was. Would definitely recommend this vendor.

Sent on 07/17/2013

Shana · Married on 03/01/2013

Cheryl at Tasteful Elegance is one of the best bakers in the world! She has a great attitude and is so helpful. I am one of the most indecisive people, and she assisted me to pick out and design my wedding cake. The cake turned out beautiful! Did I mention the taste? All of her flavors taste delicious, it was hard to decide. She only uses buttercream icing and it is delicious!!She has done 2 of my closest friends weddings, along with numerous showers and birthdays. The guests at my wedding have complemented me so much on how good the cake tasted. Cheryl was very professional and thoughtful. I would highly recommend her to anyone who wants a great tasting and visually stunning cake.

Sent on 03/24/2013

Aryn · Married on 12/03/2011

Couldn't say anything more than ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Wonderful taste, gorgeous execution, and outstanding prices! Will definitely be going back for future bakery needs.

Sent on 12/18/2011
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 05/29/2010

All I can say is that this is was the best cake I had ever had. We ordered the white chocolate cake with raspberry cream torte. Cannot wait to order another one. It was fabulous.

Sent on 06/11/2010

Anne · Married on 09/07/2008

Very professional. Was able to understand clearly our vision of what the cake should be. Excellent at matching the colors of our wedding. Delivered the cake on time and set up perfectly. Cake was delicious and we have had many, many compliments not only on the beauty of the cake, but on how delicious it was!

Sent on 09/12/2008

Lindsey · Married on 06/01/2008

Cheryl at Tasteful Elegance is a true artist. She designed a beautiful wedding cake for us just as we had described. We wanted something different and unique to our style, and she came through for us. We wanted lots of design, yet neat, with a crown as a topper. It tasted great and looked fantastic. She has this awesome white chocolate cake with, so we used that with different fillings on each cake layer. She delivers the cake the day of the wedding too!

Sent on 06/10/2008

Megan · Married on 06/01/2008

Sheryl is FANTASTIC! She is ALWAYS willing to work with you, the cake is delicious and she is INCREDIBLY creative. I am not easily impressed, however, she most def. impressed me!

Sent on 06/15/2008

Angela · Married on 07/09/2017

Best. Wedding Cake. Ever! Cheryl did an outstanding job with my cake. Mine was stacked high with roses in between pillars. Everyone stopped to take photos of the cake... it was a show stopper! Even more amazing was the taste! Not too sugary sweet, it's just right. It makes you want more! It is obvious Cheryl takes great pride in her cakes and it shows in her work. The cake turned out to be slightly more than we budgeted, but it was well well worth it. I highly recommend Tasteful Elegance! Thank you, Cheryl, for your amazing cake and service!! :)

Sent on 08/12/2017

Tasteful Elegance, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you Angela for taking the time to write such a gracious and kind review. It was an honor to be a part of your wedding celebration. I hope the cake will always bring sweet memories. Wishing you both a lifetime of love and laughter!

Stephanie · Married on 09/26/2009

Cheryl's cakes are consistently delicious (two wedding festivals, the tasting and the wedding) and beautiful. She was helpful during our tasting when we were trying to decide on a style and handled the intricate design we picked wonderfully. Our guests were amazed by the cake and it tasted wonderful! It was exactly what we wanted! Thanks, Cheryl!

Sent on 10/15/2009

Casey · Married on 09/29/2007

Cheryl sat down with us and spent two hours in a consultation discussing my needs and tastes in designing a cake. When we left, we knew exactly what our cake was going to look like. She even gave us options for decorating that would help keep costs down for us since we were on a budget. She has such an eye for detail and is very creative! Our cake was a white chocolate cake with homemade raspberry filling. Absolutely delicious! Her icing is homemeade and is not too sweet or too thick. When we changed the location of our wedding just five months before the event date, she was flexible and worked with us.

As part of her service, she makes a cake for your wedding that will be totally consumed by guests! She remakes the top tier fresh for her customers on their one year anniversary so there is no gross frozen year-old cake to eat. This is not an extra charge. She also made an extra top tier for our wedding and delivered it to the groom's parents for them to eat (because we were having our wedding at their home and they were a bit stressed!) She is very thoughtful and honest and is extremely detail-oriented. She requested to have the name and phone number of the caterer, photographer, and anyone else we were having there that may be working near or around the cake. Her cakes are her art work and very important to your event and she does everything in her power to make sure that nothing goes wrong with the cake! She also travelled two hours to deliver our cake.

Sent on 11/14/2007

Kristin · Married on 09/09/2017

Choosing Tasteful Elegance to create our cake was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! Our cake had white chocolate buttercream frosting in two layers and a fresh strawberry cream in the other two. It was absolutely delicious! The design was just what we wanted, and it tasted phenomenal. We tried many vendors before Tasteful Elegance, and none of them tasted as good as the cake we received. The price was also fair. We were given the option of having one tier of fresh cake made for us for our anniversary instead of having to save the top tier. Such a nice option! We can't wait for our anniversary if only to have more wonderful cake. We would recommend Tasteful Elegance to anyone.

Sent on 01/22/2018