Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson Reviews

29 Reviews for Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson

• Meaghan

Meaghan Creamer · Getting married on 10/31/2020

Bride to be 2020

We worked with Tracy and met with her on 2 occasions. Tracy and the entire team at Tarrytown House Estate has been a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 09/06/2019

Simone Schuster · Married on 06/01/2019

Perfect day, wonderful working with Tracy

I got married at Tarrytown House in June 2019 and everything was perfect. I worked with Tracy and I could not imagine planning a wedding without her. I was constantly asking her questions and changing things up until the last minute, she was always there willing to help along with a smile. She found a solution for everything I could throw at her and I could tell she genuinely cared about making this the best day possible for us. She really seems to love what she does and has experience doing it. I felt like I was the only wedding she was working on, when in reality she probably had dozens of other brides and events being planned, she is truly amazing.
    The food was excellent. I had an idea what to expect for the sit-down meal from when we did the tasting, but the cocktail hour surpassed my expectations! (I would recommend the Hudson Heirloom station with the Burrata and Mozzarella, it got particularly high praise from the guests!) Everything was really well done; everyone enjoyed the setting out on the patio as well. The food during the reception was very good, and the service seemed very attentive, covering guest’s meals if they were not sitting down so it would not get cold.
    The setting was perfect and having the hotel right there was a huge plus for the guests and us. It really made for a fun and easy weekend with everyone together on the grounds. I was a bit nervous about the hotel since I had seen some negative reviews. There were a few minor issues that I heard about; AC not working, guests given the wrong room number, etc. But I did not hear about anything major and was overall pleased with the hotel.
    I would definitely recommend Tarrytown House, especially if you are working with Tracy!

Sent on 07/06/2019
  • F

FATIHA MAKLOUFI · Married on 05/11/2019

Tarrytown House

The overall experience was outstanding. The wedding in a box package was an excellent value. It provided comprehensive services including DJ, photography, and an excellent menu.

Sent on 05/14/2019

Rita · Married on 12/09/2017

TTHE is very luck to have Kevin he made all the difference. Very responsive and attentive to all services and needs. Make sure to be specific about requirements and likes and dislikes. Perfect cocktail party in the Mansion and outstanding Reception in the Grand Ballroom - plenty of room to move, socialize and dance! Having the rooms on site was perfect -had great after party in Cellar 49 and then s breakfast the next morning

Sent on 01/11/2018

Debbie · Married on 10/06/2017

Our daughter had her wedding here exactly one year ago and it was perfect from beginning to end. We loved that no one had to leave the property for the after party or breakfast the next day and each venue was done with the utmost care. We had more than a few of our guests tell us that it was one of the best weddings they ever went to. The staff couldn't be more accommodating and the food was fantastic from horderves to the wedding cake. In fact, we just ate the wedding cake after it had been in our freezer for one year and it was still amazing! We ate every piece of it. Sweet Grace travels from New Jersey to make wedding cakes for The Tarrytown House and they are a work of art. The same thing with their florist Forever Bloom. The owner Shelly is a master at Elegance.

So here we were, exactly one year later, and we had to go back again which could be dangerous with our expectations so high, but we couldn't help ourselves. It was exactly as we remembered it....truly sensational from beginning to end. If anything, it is getting better with time. The grounds have new plantings and we understand that the ballroom has new curtains and a beautiful new rug. The staff is just as accommodating as we remembered and the food is even more delicious than we remembered! We are so glad that we went last night. It was everything we remembered and more.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Charly · Married on 05/20/2017

AMAZING!!!! We were married just over a month ago at Tarrytown House Estate and we could not be happier with the decision to trust them with executing the absolute best day we could have asked for. Liz was wonderful to us in the months leading up to our big day - she took her time to answer every one of our questions about the menu and space to help create both a Ceremony and Reception that was exactly what we hoped for. I emailed her MANY times along the way and she was very responsive and helpful by sending me photos of prior events and making suggestions so that I could create the perfect timeline for our day. Sandra was my Bridal Attendant and she was the BEST! My lace dress ripped a few minutes before photos and she was there to sew it in place. She also helped me with my bustle and and continually made plates of food for my husband and I and made sure we had drinks and were well taken care of as we focused on mingling with each of our guests. She took care of moving all of the items my bridal party and I left in the bridal suite over to my honeymoon suite the evening of the wedding, and she packaged all of our keepsake items and had them ready for me in our suite so that I didn't have to worry about anything at the end of the evening. We also reserved the Cellar 49 space for our after party and our guests really loved being able to stay on the property for every portion of our event. Our phones were ringing ALL DAY the day after our party to say what a great time they had. We contracted the Grand Duke package (for a party of 100) and THE FOOD IS AMAZING! We had enough food at cocktail hour to serve a small wedding. The dessert hour and party enhancements were a great way to add a little something special and unexpected treat for our guests. Our photos just came in and the West Terrace and Biddle Mansion lawn are a gorgeous backdrop for photos. They provided a table for our Cigar Roller and a space for a Sinatra Singer as well. They were completely amenable to

Sent on 06/26/2017

J. · Married on 05/06/2017

Romantic. Grand. Vintage. Chic. Our wedding at Tarrytown House Estate was whimsical, to say the least. We had such a warm and welcoming experience from start to finish with the full team at TTH. Our wedding coordinator at TTH, Liz Edwards, was incredibly professional, communicative and accommodating. She was always smiling and just a lovely, sunshiny person to be around. If you are a bride and have the opportunity to work with Liz, you will be forever calm and collected in planning your big day. My confidence in her and TTH was steadfast throughout and I had little to no stress during/leading up to our whole weekend celebration. I was also very lucky to have Sandra as my bridal attendant. She was amazing! The venue itself made for a very easy environment - where we could stay in the hotel rooms and wake up in the same place of the wedding and have all events of the day on property. Super smooth for us and our out of town guests. Day of, we had an outdoor ceremony on the Terrace. It was beautiful! And our cocktail hour/reception were in the Biddle Mansion. Our reception was an energized party, full of life and love and laughter and yet we had an intimate feel inside the Winter Palace room of the Biddle Mansion. The aesthetic is classic, elegant and historic in essence. The exterior's natural greens and florals are beautiful. We had little decor needed because the venue truly speaks for itself. The food...well, still daydreaming about all the food! Not only was everything just as delicious as it was at our tasting, but there was also such an abundance of food and beverage. Totally worth the money. My family and friends are huge into food/drink and everyone went back to their rooms happy and full. The cocktail hour is too good! Many options and many interactive displays. And the 3 course meal, plus dessert was exceptional too. Overall, we had a blast and the absolute best time celebrating with Tarrytown House Estate. I whole heartedly recommend TTH!

Sent on 08/16/2017
  • Danielle289

Danielle · Married on 10/31/2016

We had our wedding in the King Mansion this Halloween. Everything was so beautiful, and it was a lot of fun to get to have all of our friends and family stay in one place. We worked with Liz and Gina, who were both incredibly helpful throughout the planning process. Liz was there on the night of our wedding, and she kept everything running very smoothly. She's also an absolute sweetheart-we loved having her there. :) While it's certainly not a cheap wedding, for the NYC area, it's a fantastic value, and the quality of everything you get is unbeatable. The property is so beautiful, and the food was amazing. Everyone who works here goes out of their way to make you feel special, too. I'm so, so glad we decided to have our wedding here.

One note of warning: we had some trouble with the reservations department. I'm still not 100% sure where all of the confusion came from, BUT they're moving their system online, I think, so hopefully this won't be an issue at all in the future. Just make sure you're very, very clear and follow up with room block info. Even with this issue, however, I'd recommend TTH without any hesitation.

Sent on 11/11/2016

We had the most wonderful experience at the Tarrytown House Estate. The venue was perfect for us, as we had 130 guests, and many Westchester venues are either too big or too small to accommodate that intermediate number on a prime Saturday night (we were married 5/21). The Biddle Mansion was the perfect spot, filled with romantic details and a nice big dance floor! The event team at the Tarrytown House is top-notch, and Liz and Gina are fabulous event planners! They responded to emails promptly, answered all of my questions/concerns, and made the whole process smooth and easy! Everyone was kind and courteous, led by the awesome Tarrytown House Hotel Manager, Joe Santore, who made a point to welcome us to the property on our wedding weekend. The staff took care of everything, and had all aspects of the event organized so that I could enjoy the entire day. In particular, my bridal attendant Sandra S. was the most amazing person to help me throughout the wedding day. She paid attention to every detail. In addition to helping us get settled in and ready during wedding prep beginning at 10am, she saved us a plate of our cocktail hors d'oeuvres, carried my bouquet during pictures, helped bustle my dress, and even knew to hide tissues inside my bouquet just as I was about to walk down the aisle. She made me feel so very special, and I am so thankful for her help throughout the day and all of her bridal expertise. There was plenty of food and it was all delicious. We were able to choose from a variety of add-on options to customize our wedding menu. I was considering a few different upscale Westchester venues before I decided on the Biddle Mansion, but in retrospect, we didn't need to look any further than the Tarrytown House. We are so happy that we celebrated our special day at this fantastic wedding venue! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Lindsay · Married on 04/16/2016

We are so happy that we chose to have our Wedding at Tarrytown House Estate. The entire weekend was perfect, and we are so thankful for all of the hard work of all of the staff. In particular we worked with Liz who was amazing throughout the entire planning process and on our wedding day. She was always accessible, able to answer all of our questions, and wanted to make sure we were always happy. On the day of the wedding we are also so thankful to Sandra for all she did too! The grounds are beautiful, the food is delicious, and the staff are wonderful. We had the most perfect wedding day! Thank you Tarrytown House!

Sent on 06/28/2016

The Tarrytown House Estate was wonderful! We worked with Liz and Antonio and they were awesome! They were both extremely helpful and responsive. They were easy to talk to and a calming presence the day of our wedding. All of our guests are still talking about how great the food was for both the rehearsal and the reception. The service was exceptional. We are so happy and couldn't not have asked for a move perfect experience.

Sent on 04/09/2015

Tarrytown House Estate is a magnificent venue to have a wedding. There are so many choices of indoor and outdoor spaces to choose from. So if it rains the indoor spaces are beautiful and if weather is good, the outdoor spaces are so scenic. If you have a smaller number of guests, there is the Biddle Mansion or Winter Palace. For larger numbers the Mary Duke Ballroom is available. The Statue Garden is where we had the ceremony (the weather finally cleared up). The lawn and gardens are beautifully kept and make for a scenic backdrop for a ceremony. Staff is courteous & friendly. Our wedding planner, Gail, was there every step to guide us and make suggestions. Rooms (very nice & clean) are available for out of town guests, which was important to us, since we had people flying in from all over the world and didn't want them to have to travel around for the rehearsal dinner, ceremony & reception. Very happy with our choice.
    Food was delicious, lots of variety- everyone raved about the cocktail hour too. Get the Chocolate Sampler for dessert.

Sent on 08/14/2012

From the moment we drove through the front gate, we knew this is where we wanted to have our wedding. The beautiful landscape and the architectural detail of the mansions on the estate makes you feel as if you have been transported to another time and land. Dave Smith, the catering manager, is absolutely amazing. He was attentive, kind, professional, informative and an absolute pleasure to work with. Every e-mail I sent over 12 months of planning was answered in the same day. The convenience of having a hotel on site is also a plus. They gave us a special group rate, and my wedding wound up booking almost 50 of their rooms. Everyone said they had a nice stay. Our wedding was perfect and everything ran smoothly. The cocktail hour was 1/2 inside and 1/2 outside on the beautiful terrace - luckily we had beautiful weather. The reception was in the Mary Duke Ballroom. All my guests were raving about how amazing the food was - every entree was delicious. We also did the dessert hour which was a huge hit with our guests. Overall, I could not say enough wonderful things about this venue. They surpassed my expectations, which is not easy to do.

Sent on 09/03/2012

Lauren · Married on 08/13/2011

HIGHLY recommend the Tarrytown House Estate! It is what little girls dream of as their wedding site. The views are breathtaking, the grounds are impeccable, on-site hotel, cellar 49 and the castle feel of a fairytale wedding. We worked with David Smith, the catering manager and I can not speak highly enough, he was very hands on, quick to reply to any question asked and so personable - amazing to work with. The entire staff was amazing and it really made our wedding all that we could of dreamed of and more! Lauren & Steve Hay

Sent on 08/31/2011
  • F

Phyllis · Married on 07/17/2011

I can't even express in words how wonderful our wedding was and it was all made possible by the Director of Catering and his staff. David was absolutely amazing. The grounds gorgeous and still 8 months later I'm hearing comment of how fantastic the food at our wedding was. I would recommend Tarrytown House & Estates to anyone looking for a historic venue w/ a Director who caters to your every need.

Sent on 12/22/2011

Judy · Married on 06/24/2011

Exceptional locale with impeccable service! The venue was breathtaking, the food was amazing, and the staff went above and beyond in every way to make sure our wedding weekend exceeded our expectations. Wow!

Sent on 08/03/2011

Daniela · Married on 09/18/2010

My wedding was this weekend at the Tarrytown house. All I can say is WOW. The day went better than I ever pictured it. From the moment we arrived the staff helped us get settled into our rooms and brought us some food to munch on while we were taking pictures. Then we flowed right into cocktail hour and I can not say enough about the amazing food. And the staff they were great. The entire night from start to finish was picture perfect. Dave Smith the catering manager took care of every single detail and he did not disappoint. : )

Sent on 09/20/2010
  • Beth

Beth · Married on 07/04/2008

The Tarrytown House Estate and Conference Center was the first and last place we looked when planning our wedding. The service, food and atmosphere was exceptional. Dave Smith our catering manager was so helpful. They made our wedding day, the greatest time ever.

Sent on 10/30/2008

Susan · Married on 03/24/2018

If you're interested in a venue offering great scenic views, food, hotel and service this is a must see. Kevin the catering manager was outstanding and quite attentive to our needs.

Sent on 04/07/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 09/23/2016

The Tarrytown House Estate is an absolutely gorgeous venue for a wedding; the mansion overlooking the Hudson and the entire campus inspired our photographer and impressed all of our guests. The venue itself is also designed well for a ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, and the convenience of the onsite hotel made the day a breeze for our out of town guests. We highly recommend their catering for your reception as their chef was able to build a menu that satisfied our guests, some of which had dietary restrictions. The day of coordinators (Gina and Elizabeth) was also very easy to work and communicate with, and even helped us to store our day-of decorations.

Sent on 10/08/2016

The venue was beautiful, the staff was super friendly, and everyone was beyond helpful. Very professional. The food was the best food I've ever seen at a wedding and was plentiful! They were even offering some guests seconds (though everyone was too full to accept)! Tarrytown House coordinated everything with our vendors and lead the events of the evening so that my bride and I were fully able to enjoy our night. It was stress free and full of fun for us. The rooms were clean and very convenient for our guests. Overall, this venue was money well spent.

Sent on 10/02/2015

This venue was perfect for our small wedding. The pictures are breathtaking and the staff was great. Our guests were wined and dined in style! And the groom and I really loved waking up in one of their best suites the next day.

Sent on 04/08/2015

Katherine · Married on 09/06/2009

3.5

We held our wedding at Tarrytown House Estate over Labor Day weekend. The hold a number of events every weekend, so they have it down to a science and everything was seemless. You also do not realize that the other events are going on (so I didn't feel like I was in a wedding factory). Big plus.

Everything was on-site: outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour (they also have indoor options), indoor reception, rehearsal dinner, and a cocktail hour for guests staying at the hotel the night before the wedding. All events were perfect. Since it's a hotel, we could stay onsite too, so no transportation was necessary. The hotel itself offers a breakfast (it's not free, but it is very good); they have a terrific hotel restaurant with a very nice adjecent bar area; lots for guests to do on the property -- two pools (the outdoor pool with a very nice bar/cafe), fitness center, massages available by appointment, tennis, raquette ball, bocce, horse shoes, basket ball; and it's close to a numer of tourist attractions. It's super easy to get there too -- some friends made it all the way from La Guardia on public transportation alone (except for a quick cab from the train station in Tarrytown).

The quality of the food and the service was excellent. It was beyond what I had hoped for. Our event coordinator from Tarrytown House, Dave Smith, was outstanding. He gave a thousand percent to us and our event. I can't say enough good things about him.

A few potential negatives are as follows: you must choose your baker and florist from the list they provide. I was very happy with the choices offered to us, but if you have your heart set on a certain florist, they may not be on the list. Also, the hotel restaurant and bar is only open to guests of the hotel, so a number of our guests not staying at the hotel could not join us for the after-party. However, I found that the people who would have stayed at the after-party stayed at the hotel anyway. Finally, you may also have some problems with their reservation department. For some reason, they cannot figure out how to make their reservation process easy. The majority of our head-aches came from this group. You need to make sure you are crystal clear when talking to the reservation department, and follow-up with them fanatically. However, Dave Smith immediately helped us fix any problems, and the wedding itself was so terrific, as was the whole weekend, that it makes those problems seem completely insignificant now.

I would recommend Tarrytown House Estate many times over. They made my wedding everything I had ever wanted.

Sent on 09/24/2009

Anne · Married on 09/15/2018

4.2
      3.5

We had our wedding in the Winter Palace in September 2018. It was the most perfect day and everything went off without a hitch. Tracy was our catering manager and she did a fantastic job. She went above and beyond to accommodate the two of us and all of our guests. A huge thank you to her for managing the whole day so well. Both of our bridal attendants did an equally great job helping us with little things throughout the day. I was so grateful to have them around. The entire staff did a great job and we are so grateful. The venue was so beautiful and I have gorgeous photos as a result. We had cocktail hour on the back patio of the Biddle Mansion, and got to see a beautiful sunset. Our guests raved about the beautiful venue that we chose, and the delicious food that was served. We are so glad that we chose the Tarrytown House Estate for our wedding venue. We highly recommend them to others.

Sent on 10/05/2018

Sophie · Married on 09/01/2019

4.2
      3.0

Fairytale Wedding

Our wedding at Tarrytown House Estate was nothing short of a fairytale. It is a BEAUTIFUL venue both inside and out and I honestly couldn't have been happier with our choice.

Pros
    - Gorgeous location and buildings - like a castle!
    - The food was unbelievable. Beyond expectations. I feel like wedding food is usually "eh" but every single person raved about it!
    - Guests can stay at the hotel on-property, which was so convenient (and its a BIG hotel, so everyone can stay there, plus rooms are very reasonably priced). The rooms are very nice, beds are very comfy. There's also an on-site restaurant and bar that we frequented every evening that was very fun and super convenient. Staying at the hotel also offered great amenities like a pool, gym, outdoor lounge areas, and all of the guests could eat breakfast together (SUCH GOOD BREAKFAST)
    - While during the booking process they seemed a bit inflexible about some things, in the end we were able to do everything we wanted (bringing in food/champagne for getting ready, sparklers, etc.)
    - Everything is pretty much included in the venue (food, booze, day of coordinator, tables/linens, etc.) which made life so much easier not having to deal with a million vendors
    - The staff are all SO nice and helpful. During the weekend and wedding they always remembered my order, made sure my drink was filled...it was so nice not having to rush about.
    - Dog friendly!

Cons
    - I really don't have many cons and wouldn't change anything, but if I had to say anything the coordination/communication was sometimes a bit challenging. The event planning staff is small and very busy, and while they were incredibly lovely, helpful and experienced it could be difficult to get in touch. I'm incredibly organized and planned everything myself so this wasn't a huge deal, but if someone was going to rely on the venue to handle a lot of details I could imagine it being a little frustrating

Overall I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/12/2019