Tanis J Events, LLC Reviews

60 | Charleston, SC

60 Reviews for Tanis J Events, LLC

Brooke · Married on 06/16/2018

The draping photos on your website were wonderful, but when i saw what you created with my wedding day design in person it blew my mind. Thank you Tanis for adding that special touch of sophistication on my special day with the lighted ceiling draping. You are a draping savant!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Dear Brooke, Thank you for your kind words! We wish you and your husband a lifetime of love and happiness.
  • Y

Yolanda · Married on 06/03/2017

It was a stroke of luck for us that Tanis J Events was available at the last minute for draping. The price was right and the quality was even better. We wanted something to highlight the ceiling and add class to the ballroom. Tanis and her team delivered in spades. She was able to create a special starburst design that attached to the ballroom chandeliers. The guests are still buzzing about the draping decor. Thank you very much, Tanis! You made our wedding look and feel very, very special. xoxo Yolanda & Phillip

Sent on 07/26/2017

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Dear Yolanda and Phillip Thank you for your kind words! We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!

Jennifer · Married on 05/20/2017

We used Tanis J Events for reception draping at our May wedding and we can't say enough great things about the beautiful results! At first we didn't think our venue ceilings would be tall enough to do draping, but I had always envisioned white draping with string lighting to add that glamorous feel. I'm so glad our wedding planner had recommended Tanis to us. She made my dream come to life and we couldn't have been more pleased. The lighting illuminating from within the fabrics created a beautiful glow over the dance floor, and our guests kept saying how perfect everything looked. We are truly grateful for Tanis and her staff for making our dream wedding flawless!! THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 07/08/2017

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Jennifer! We absolutely loved the lit up draping over your dance floor and are happy you loved it too!

Maria · Married on 05/13/2017

Thank you Tanis for coming through with my last minute draping request. Your work and creativity were stellar. I will definitely refer my friends to you.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Dear Maria, Thank you for your kind words. We wish you and your wife a lifetime of love and happiness.

Deirdre · Married on 05/06/2017

My husband and i had a stress free wedding day thanks to you. We really appreciated the way you kept our wedding timeline on point. We are so glad that we followed your vendor selection recommendations. Everything was outstanding! I do not know why anyone would hire anyone else to be their wedding planner. You are truly amazing, Tanis!!!

Sent on 06/01/2017

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Dear Deidre, Thank you for your kind words. We wish you and your husband a lifetime of love and happiness.

Meryl · Married on 04/28/2017

I had a feeling that the ceiling draping you did for my wedding at Cedar Room at Cigar Factory would be stunning. I was wrong! It was stunning, exquisite, and breathless! :-) Your draping made my wedding feel extremely classy. We will never forget the endless compliments from our guests and family. Thank you so much, Tanis! You are a very nice lady!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! Your wedding was beautiful and elegant! We wish you and your husband a life time of love and happiness.

Beatrice · Married on 04/09/2017

Tanis, you did a superb job of keep me stress free, keeping the timeline flowing, and putting on a great wedding for my guests and family. During our interactions over the course of the past year of planning, you emphasized to me how to strive for excellence instead of perfection. Now i know what you meant. Our guests are still talking about the wedding. The draping was beautiful and typified my vision of elegance and class. You rock, Tanis!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! Your wedding was excellent! We wish you and your husband a life time of love and happiness.

Dell · Married on 02/25/2017

Tanis did an excellent job before, during and after the wedding. Everything was just like our daughter wanted it to be on her special day. We would recommend her to anybody and would definitely use her again.

Sent on 03/20/2017

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We are so pleased your daughter's wedding turned out the way all of you hoped.

Brittney · Married on 02/24/2017

Tanis was absolutely AMAZING!! I tried 3 other coordinators before I was referred to Tanis, and I am so thankful I was. She worked with me and husband on our budget and expectations from the very beginning. Even when we both lost our jobs 4 months before the wedding, she stuck with us to see what we could do and convinced us not to rush into postponing and I am glad that we listened! The draping she put together for my venue was gorgeous and really gave it that something extra that I loved. I love bling and Tanis gave me all the bling I could handle in a very classy way. I had a 1920's theme wedding at the American Theater downtown and Tanis made sure everything was perfect! She helped me through all my freakouts and I never felt as if I was alone in the process. I would without a doubt recommend Tanis to run any event needed by anyone!

Sent on 05/01/2017

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We are so happy that everything worked out and that your wedding was able to continue on schedule. We wish you and your beautiful family a lifetime of love and happiness.

Tracey · Married on 12/10/2016

Tanis J Events' draping services are breathtaking and meticulous! The owner, Tanis, is well worth the time for investment in your wedding ceremony and reception. Her draping added a touch of symmetry and exquisiteness to the ballroom and provided me with an elegant entrance to my wedding ceremony. Thanks again Tanis! My husband and i wish you much success in the future. Merry Christmas!!

Sent on 12/24/2016

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We wish you and your husband a Merry Christmas and many years of love and happiness.

Sheree · Married on 12/03/2016

Tanis, your draping services were the best investment at my wedding ceremony and reception. The finished product was fabulous!!! My husband, our guests, and myself are still buzzing about the starburst chandelier draping design and the gold backdrops. You are an outstanding designer and as you explained to us earlier in the process, "It's all about the details." I will definitely refer you to my friends and other family members in the future. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Sent on 12/24/2016

Karoun · Married on 10/16/2016

We can’t say enough great things about Tanis J Events! We were a destination couple & we thought we’d have to come to Charleston 4 or 5 times to pick out vendors but we followed Tanis’ advice and came in during the first week in November 2015 and got them all done in 3 days! We couldn’t believe we left Charleston after just meeting her for the first time and had all our vendors picked out. Our wedding day was flawless and we didn’t have to worry about a thing. It was like she read our minds – it was time for toasts & she was standing their with our flutes filled. It was time for cake and there she was with the cake cutter ready to go. Yes Tanis you were right about filling out all your paperwork ahead of time! Lol! We didn’t have to worry about anything all day & didn’t have to talk to any vendors at all. At the end of the night she had all our items ready to go with our parents & two days later we received our damage deposit back from the venue!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Dear Karoun, Thank you for your kind words. We wish you and your husband lifetime of love and happiness!

Jen · Married on 09/24/2016

Tani and Tanis J are lifesavers!!! Four days before my wedding, my rental/draping company informed me that they did not have enough draping to complete my original request. My wedding coordinator contacted Tanis J and Tani graciously agreed to drape the entire 56' wall for my reception. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!!! My only regret is that I didn't use Tanis J to drape my entire event, as the stage area that was draped by the other company looked like a cheap shower curtain. Tanis J's draping was beautiful and very high quality! I am forever endebted to Tani and her team! I encourage anyone in the Charleston area to use this company for high quality draping. THANK YOU TANIS j!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Jen! We were so happy we were able to step in and provide draping that you loved.

Helena · Married on 09/10/2016

I used Tanis J Events for wedding planning and draping and couldn't be happier! We opted for a custom package and appreciated that we were able to customize and get the exact services that we wanted, especially since we had already picked out our venue. Tanis made vendor recommendations based on our budget and style and then made the appointments for us so we were able to get ALL of our vendor appointments done in just 2.5 days! Initially we thought we would have to make 4-5 trips to Charleston to get all of that done. We also really liked that Tanis gave us her planner discount whenever it was offered and saved us a lot of money. She looked at all of my many pins on Pinterest and was able to help me make selections that fit my vision and my budget and remind me when I was adding too many colors & ideas to fit into one wedding :)

On our wedding day we didn't have to worry about anything at all. Tanis supervised the setup of everything, checked in all our vendors and made sure we started on time. All we had to do was follow her lead and I don't think she asked us anything all day, except what we wanted to drink. Her attention to detail was incredible. At the end of the night we left knowing everything would be taken down & accounted for which it was.

Oh and the draping! Absolutely beautiful draping that completely transformed our wedding venue! She came up with ideas we would have never thought of.

I will definitely refer you to my other friends who are getting married. Thanks again Tanis J Events!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Dear Helena, Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased to hear that you were so happy with our services. We wish you and your husband a life time of love and happiness. Tanis J

Rachel · Married on 07/02/2016

We used Tanis for day-of coordination. She got everything together in regards to the schedule the month before the wedding and met with us a few days before (we were coming in from out of town). I didn't have to worry about setting anything up or doing anything the day of - she took care of everything and it looked great!

Sent on 07/20/2016

Rosalee · Married on 06/18/2016

I walked into my venue and the draping took my breath away!!! THANK YOU for your phenomenal services!! Love, Rosalee

Sent on 07/05/2016

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Rosalee! We wish you and your husband a lifetime of happiness.

Kathleen · Married on 05/14/2016

Tanis J Events, LLC managed all of the day of details for my daughter's wedding . I didn't want to have to worry or deal with anything other than watching my daughter and her now husband enjoy the best day of their lives. With Tanis and Chauncey at their and my side the day was perfect. Hiring a wedding coordinator may seem like a extravagance but I'm here to tell you that having them made the difference between enjoying those precious moments or dealing with all the details no one thinks of. Thank you Tanis and Tanis J Events for insuring their day was perfect.

Sent on 05/25/2016

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We are always happy when the parent's of the bride and groom also feel relaxed and have a good time.

Melanie · Married on 05/08/2016

Tanis is amazing! This was a destination wedding for us and there is no way I could have planned my wedding without her! All of the vendors she recommended went above and beyond to make the day as perfect as can be. Whenever we see mine and my husbands family they still rave about the venue, food, cake, music, pictures and well just about everything! We went to a cousins wedding a month after ours and the family was still talking about how great ours was and that it was nothing like any they had ever been to! Tanis did a fantastic job of helping us stay close to our budget, keeping track of all the paperwork and she kept our rehearsal and wedding right on schedule so we had plenty of time after cutting the cake to dance and socialize with our guests. The day was absolutely perfect and Tanis deserves all the credit!

Sent on 07/19/2016

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you Melanie! You and your family were an absolute to work with. Even your guests were fantastic. The way they just lined themselves up for the ceremony & reception made my job so easy!

There is no possible way we could have pulled off the wedding without Tanis and her staff. I am not sure how people actually do it without a planner. She made sure every detail was covered, took care of minor emergencies and gave us excellent advice. The best part was that once I hired her I could sleep again (mom of bride) Highly recommend.

Sent on 01/05/2016

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for kind words. We are happy to hear you were pleased with your daughter's wedding!

Tanis J Events is absolutely the best there is for any and all event planning in Charleston and the surrounding area. The team went above and beyond in planning our wedding and handled everything with ease and grace. Tanis is incredibly professional, courteous, an excellent communicator, and clearly a pro.
    Even when a hurricane literally ruined our venue and threatened to postpone the event, Tanis calmly jumped in and found us a new (and better!) venue within 24 hours and quite literally saved the day!
    The coordination and drapery skills provided by Tanis J Events are superb and we are so lucky and blessed to have had her assist us on our big day!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We were so happy we were able to find a new venue for you and that you felt we saved the day!

Neesha · Married on 09/16/2015

My wedding would not have been the success that it was without Tanis J. Events! From the very beginning Tanis had an amazing vision for my wedding and helped me pick a theme and a color scheme. It turned out beautifully. She picked the perfect wedding venue for us within 5 minutes and I instantly fell in love with it! She also recommended very high quality vendors who were within my budget. Throughout the whole process Tanis was very good with communication. She kept me up to date with things that needed to be done within certain time frames and provided the necessary paperwork to make sure everything stayed organized . She was also courteous enough to inform me if she would ever be out of the office working weddings and to reassure me that everything was on track with my own wedding. This was much appreciated! The day of the wedding went off without a hitch thanks to Tanis. I rented some fabulous decor from her and along with the Tanis J. Events custom draping, the venue looked so gorgeous! She kept me calm before the ceremony and coordinated everything perfectly. She anticipated my needs beforehand and troubleshooted the unexpected which is what a truly great wedding planner does and Tanis is truly a great wedding planner! I had a very small guest count plus my husband and I are very non-traditional so I was a little worried about my ceremony being awkward or guests not enjoying themselves. This was not the case at all! Tanis recommended we incorporate a wine box/ love letter ceremony and my husband and I both LOVED it! First off, we love wine but more importantly it was such a unique part of our ceremony and we now have the box displayed in our home with our wedding photo guestbook. All of our guests commented about how much fun our intimate wedding was and how it was just a really great day. Thank you Tanis, for your professionalism, thoroughness and kindness. My wedding was perfect!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Merci for your kid words Neesha! We were so happy we were able to take your French vision and transport it from Paris to a venue in Charleston. We wish you and Justin a lifetime of love and happiness.

Absolutely the BEST professional draping specialist! My wedding was absolutely beautiful because of Mrs. Tanis efforts and dedication towards making our wedding day perfect! Thank you!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We are so happy you were pleased with your draping.

Caryn · Married on 03/07/2015

My wedding was a huge success due to the wonderful work of Tanis J Events. Tanis is very proactive and keeps everything on point. Tanis is plugged into the Charleston wedding network here for sure. Her full service wedding planning is worth every penny. I was able to save a significant amount of money on my budget because i heeded her venue and vendor recommendation advice. Now my husband and i can use those savings to have even more fun on our honeymoon. Thanks again, Tanis!!

Sent on 03/26/2015

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Caryn! I hope you and your husband enjoy that super fantastic honeymoon.

Natalie · Married on 02/28/2015

Being a destination bride from Atlanta, Georgia, i knew that i would need to find that special wedding planner that would keep me organized and informed every step of the way and keep me on budget. Tanis Jackson of Tanis J Events was just what planning Gods ordered for me. Tanis is a true professional and her full service wedding planning knowledge is the greatest investment for any bride who is on the fence about why to hire a wedding planner. With her attending to numerous things on the actual wedding day, Tanis still had the presence of mind and just the right touch to help my 4 year old daughter get down the aisle when she got a little stage fright. My husband and i will always be in your debt, Tanis!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you Natalie! I hope you, your husband and your daughter have a lifetime of happiness together!