Tanis J Events, LLC Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Guerry
    Guerry K. Married on 01/07/2022

Great Experience

Tanis was a life safer. We had to change ballrooms at the last minute due to COVID restrictions. I reached out to Tanis just a few weeks before the wedding. She was very prompt with correspondence and her prices were reasonable. They arrived for set up and take down right on time and the installation was perfect. I would not hesitate to use her again!

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We are so happy we were able to accommodate your daughter's wedding on short notice and that everything worked out for her and her husband!
    Alicia H. Married on 07/08/2021

Absolutely Amazing!

I booked Tanis for my wedding this July. Her work was phenomenal and I highly recommend booking her ASAP. I originally booked Tanis for my wedding that was going to be in December to add a beautiful backdrop for the ceremony. Fast forward, the pandemic happened and I had to move my wedding to July of this year. As stressful as that was, Tanis was so understanding and accommodating throughout the process. I absolutely loved the design and decor for my ceremony. The draping took it to another level. Love, love, love!

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Alicia! Congratulations on your marriage. We wish you and Simon a lifetime of love and happiness!
  • Ashley
    Ashley D. Married on 05/22/2021

Wedding reception draping

Tanis and her team did wonderful job draping Founders Hall for our wedding reception. They turned the back wood paneled wall with TVs into something beautiful and whimsical with their draping expertise. I didn't realize how much draping could set the stage and add so much elegance to a venue space. Tanis is very easy to work with and her team is very professional.

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Ashley! We wish you and your husband a lifetime of love and happiness!
    Simone A. Married on 03/14/2020

Highly recommended!!

Tanis and her team did a terrific job setting up the draping nice and early the morning of our wedding. And all of the pre work was helpful in giving us an idea of what it would look like on our big day, all included at a reasonable price. Highly recommended!

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words regarding our wedding draping Simone! We wish you and your wife a lifetime of love and happiness!
  • F
    Fiona J. Married on 09/11/2019

Speechless!

Thank you Tanis for bringing class and sophistication to my wedding at the Carriage House at Magnolia Plantation. The ceiling draping design left me speechless. You are the Draping Queen! I will definitely pass the word to my friends and give you my highest recommendation. Well beyond our expectations!

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We wish you and your husband a lifetime of love and happiness. Merry Christmas!
    Lindsay H. Married on 03/10/2019

Professional Drapist

Tanis was a life savor to us. Our wedding venue closed a month before our big day and she met me at the walk through of the new venue and helped me create a vision for the space. She arrived on time the morning of our wedding and executed her design perfectly. Tanis was even kind enough to install extra decorations I brought on my own.

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Lindsay! We are so happy we could help and we wish you and Shawn a lifetime of love and happiness.
    Brooke Married on 06/16/2018
    The draping photos on your website were wonderful, but when i saw what you created with my wedding day design in person it blew my mind. Thank you Tanis for adding that special touch of sophistication on my special day with the lighted ceiling draping. You are a draping savant!

Dear Brooke,
    Thank you for your kind words! We wish you and your husband a lifetime of love and happiness.
  • Y
    Yolanda Married on 06/03/2017
    It was a stroke of luck for us that Tanis J Events was available at the last minute for draping. The price was right and the quality was even better. We wanted something to highlight the ceiling and add class to the ballroom. Tanis and her team delivered in spades. She was able to create a special starburst design that attached to the ballroom chandeliers. The guests are still buzzing about the draping decor. Thank you very much, Tanis! You made our wedding look and feel very, very special. xoxo Yolanda & Phillip

Dear Yolanda and Phillip
    Thank you for your kind words! We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!
    Teresa Married on 05/21/2017
    You will not be disappointed with Tanis. She will put in every effort to get to know you and will assure you that your wedding will be what you dream it to be. She is honest and will help you to make decisions based on her extensive knowledge of not only the wedding industry but Charleston as well! We could not have been more pleased.

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We wish your daughter and new son in law, as well as the whole "team" a lifetime of love and happiness.
    Jennifer Married on 05/20/2017
    We used Tanis J Events for reception draping at our May wedding and we can't say enough great things about the beautiful results! At first we didn't think our venue ceilings would be tall enough to do draping, but I had always envisioned white draping with string lighting to add that glamorous feel. I'm so glad our wedding planner had recommended Tanis to us. She made my dream come to life and we couldn't have been more pleased. The lighting illuminating from within the fabrics created a beautiful glow over the dance floor, and our guests kept saying how perfect everything looked. We are truly grateful for Tanis and her staff for making our dream wedding flawless!! THANK YOU!!!

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Jennifer! We absolutely loved the lit up draping over your dance floor and are happy you loved it too!
    Maria Married on 05/13/2017
    Thank you Tanis for coming through with my last minute draping request. Your work and creativity were stellar. I will definitely refer my friends to you.

Dear Maria,
    Thank you for your kind words. We wish you and your wife a lifetime of love and happiness.
    Deirdre Married on 05/06/2017

My husband and i had a stress free wedding day thanks to you. We really appreciated the way you kept our wedding timeline on point. We are so glad that we followed your vendor selection recommendations. Everything was outstanding! I do not know why anyone would hire anyone else to be their wedding planner. You are truly amazing, Tanis!!!

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Dear Deidre, Thank you for your kind words. We wish you and your husband a lifetime of love and happiness.
    Meryl Married on 04/28/2017

I had a feeling that the ceiling draping you did for my wedding at Cedar Room at Cigar Factory would be stunning. I was wrong! It was stunning, exquisite, and breathless! :-) Your draping made my wedding feel extremely classy. We will never forget the endless compliments from our guests and family. Thank you so much, Tanis! You are a very nice lady!

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! Your wedding was beautiful and elegant! We wish you and your husband a life time of love and happiness.
    Beatrice Married on 04/09/2017

Tanis, you did a superb job of keep me stress free, keeping the timeline flowing, and putting on a great wedding for my guests and family. During our interactions over the course of the past year of planning, you emphasized to me how to strive for excellence instead of perfection. Now i know what you meant. Our guests are still talking about the wedding. The draping was beautiful and typified my vision of elegance and class. You rock, Tanis!

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! Your wedding was excellent! We wish you and your husband a life time of love and happiness.
    Dell Married on 02/25/2017
    Tanis did an excellent job before, during and after the wedding. Everything was just like our daughter wanted it to be on her special day. We would recommend her to anybody and would definitely use her again.

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We are so pleased your daughter's wedding turned out the way all of you hoped.
    Brittney Married on 02/24/2017
    Tanis was absolutely AMAZING!! I tried 3 other coordinators before I was referred to Tanis, and I am so thankful I was. She worked with me and husband on our budget and expectations from the very beginning. Even when we both lost our jobs 4 months before the wedding, she stuck with us to see what we could do and convinced us not to rush into postponing and I am glad that we listened! The draping she put together for my venue was gorgeous and really gave it that something extra that I loved. I love bling and Tanis gave me all the bling I could handle in a very classy way. I had a 1920's theme wedding at the American Theater downtown and Tanis made sure everything was perfect! She helped me through all my freakouts and I never felt as if I was alone in the process. I would without a doubt recommend Tanis to run any event needed by anyone!

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We are so happy that everything worked out and that your wedding was able to continue on schedule. We wish you and your beautiful family a lifetime of love and happiness.
    Tracey Married on 12/10/2016
    Tanis J Events' draping services are breathtaking and meticulous! The owner, Tanis, is well worth the time for investment in your wedding ceremony and reception. Her draping added a touch of symmetry and exquisiteness to the ballroom and provided me with an elegant entrance to my wedding ceremony. Thanks again Tanis! My husband and i wish you much success in the future. Merry Christmas!!

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We wish you and your husband a Merry Christmas and many years of love and happiness.
    Sheree Married on 12/03/2016
    Tanis, your draping services were the best investment at my wedding ceremony and reception. The finished product was fabulous!!! My husband, our guests, and myself are still buzzing about the starburst chandelier draping design and the gold backdrops. You are an outstanding designer and as you explained to us earlier in the process, "It's all about the details." I will definitely refer you to my friends and other family members in the future. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Karoun Married on 10/16/2016
    We can’t say enough great things about Tanis J Events! We were a destination couple & we thought we’d have to come to Charleston 4 or 5 times to pick out vendors but we followed Tanis’ advice and came in during the first week in November 2015 and got them all done in 3 days! We couldn’t believe we left Charleston after just meeting her for the first time and had all our vendors picked out. Our wedding day was flawless and we didn’t have to worry about a thing. It was like she read our minds – it was time for toasts & she was standing their with our flutes filled. It was time for cake and there she was with the cake cutter ready to go. Yes Tanis you were right about filling out all your paperwork ahead of time! Lol! We didn’t have to worry about anything all day & didn’t have to talk to any vendors at all. At the end of the night she had all our items ready to go with our parents & two days later we received our damage deposit back from the venue!

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Dear Karoun, Thank you for your kind words. We wish you and your husband lifetime of love and happiness!
    Jen Married on 09/24/2016
    Tani and Tanis J are lifesavers!!! Four days before my wedding, my rental/draping company informed me that they did not have enough draping to complete my original request. My wedding coordinator contacted Tanis J and Tani graciously agreed to drape the entire 56' wall for my reception. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!!! My only regret is that I didn't use Tanis J to drape my entire event, as the stage area that was draped by the other company looked like a cheap shower curtain. Tanis J's draping was beautiful and very high quality! I am forever endebted to Tani and her team! I encourage anyone in the Charleston area to use this company for high quality draping. THANK YOU TANIS j!

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Jen! We were so happy we were able to step in and provide draping that you loved.
    Helena Married on 09/10/2016
    I used Tanis J Events for wedding planning and draping and couldn't be happier! We opted for a custom package and appreciated that we were able to customize and get the exact services that we wanted, especially since we had already picked out our venue. Tanis made vendor recommendations based on our budget and style and then made the appointments for us so we were able to get ALL of our vendor appointments done in just 2.5 days! Initially we thought we would have to make 4-5 trips to Charleston to get all of that done. We also really liked that Tanis gave us her planner discount whenever it was offered and saved us a lot of money. She looked at all of my many pins on Pinterest and was able to help me make selections that fit my vision and my budget and remind me when I was adding too many colors & ideas to fit into one wedding :)

On our wedding day we didn't have to worry about anything at all. Tanis supervised the setup of everything, checked in all our vendors and made sure we started on time. All we had to do was follow her lead and I don't think she asked us anything all day, except what we wanted to drink. Her attention to detail was incredible. At the end of the night we left knowing everything would be taken down & accounted for which it was.

Oh and the draping! Absolutely beautiful draping that completely transformed our wedding venue! She came up with ideas we would have never thought of.

I will definitely refer you to my other friends who are getting married. Thanks again Tanis J Events!

Dear Helena,
    Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased to hear that you were so happy with our services. We wish you and your husband a life time of love and happiness.
    Tanis J
    Rachel Married on 07/02/2016
    We used Tanis for day-of coordination. She got everything together in regards to the schedule the month before the wedding and met with us a few days before (we were coming in from out of town). I didn't have to worry about setting anything up or doing anything the day of - she took care of everything and it looked great!

Rosalee Married on 06/18/2016
    I walked into my venue and the draping took my breath away!!! THANK YOU for your phenomenal services!! Love, Rosalee

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Rosalee! We wish you and your husband a lifetime of happiness.
    Kathleen Married on 05/14/2016
    Tanis J Events, LLC managed all of the day of details for my daughter's wedding . I didn't want to have to worry or deal with anything other than watching my daughter and her now husband enjoy the best day of their lives. With Tanis and Chauncey at their and my side the day was perfect. Hiring a wedding coordinator may seem like a extravagance but I'm here to tell you that having them made the difference between enjoying those precious moments or dealing with all the details no one thinks of. Thank you Tanis and Tanis J Events for insuring their day was perfect.

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We are always happy when the parent's of the bride and groom also feel relaxed and have a good time.
    Melanie Married on 05/08/2016
    Tanis is amazing! This was a destination wedding for us and there is no way I could have planned my wedding without her! All of the vendors she recommended went above and beyond to make the day as perfect as can be. Whenever we see mine and my husbands family they still rave about the venue, food, cake, music, pictures and well just about everything! We went to a cousins wedding a month after ours and the family was still talking about how great ours was and that it was nothing like any they had ever been to! Tanis did a fantastic job of helping us stay close to our budget, keeping track of all the paperwork and she kept our rehearsal and wedding right on schedule so we had plenty of time after cutting the cake to dance and socialize with our guests. The day was absolutely perfect and Tanis deserves all the credit!

Tanis J Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you Melanie! You and your family were an absolute to work with. Even your guests were fantastic. The way they just lined themselves up for the ceremony & reception made my job so easy!