Tanganyika Wildlife Park Reviews

Tanganyika Wildlife Park 4
Tanganyika Wildlife Park 5
Tanganyika Wildlife Park 6
Tanganyika Wildlife Park 7

Melissa was such a help to our wedding. When our numbers got a bit higher than expected, she took the time to accommodate us the best she could. I really appreciated all of her help throughout the day/night, as well. She stayed the whole time and ensured that things were running smoothly on their end and if I needed anything. I would recommend this place to any future brides.

Great place to have a wedding. Staff was amazing, especially melissa, who made sure everything went perfectly.

Ryan · Married on 04/20/2013

My wife and I looked at several locations to have our wedding and reception. Places that both would be at the same venue and places where the ceremony and reception were split up. The moment we walked into Tanganyika, we both knew that was the place. The facilities are perfect. We were wanting to have an outside wedding, but with our date being in April, we were nervous to say the least. TWP made us feel so comfortable with the decision and said that if the weather was bad, we could make a few minor adjustments and have our ceremony inside where the reception was.

We decided to have both the ceremony and reception at TWP to cut down on time and travel. I would HIGHLY encourage this! Their large room can accommodate up to 350 people (which can get a little tight with tables and chairs). We ended up having a total of 40 tables with 8 chairs per table (to accommodate 320 people), a sweetheart table, 3 tables for cupcakes, punch, mints, nuts, etc., a DJ and a photobooth all set up in the large banquet room with plenty of room to walk around and not feel cramped. On top of that, we had a guestbook/gift table and 2 table bufffet line in the foyer. So trust me, unless you're inviting the whole town, you will have plenty of room.

Melissa at TWP is more valuable than gold in my book!! She was wonderful and easy to work with. Any questions you have she can quickly answer. On top of that, she is there during your wedding and is eager to help make the day as least stressful as possible. We hired her and her staff to help put on table linens and they did an outstanding job!

I could sit here and write a novel on why Tanganyika should be your number one choice for a wedding venue. Just know that it was WELL worth the money and you will have the time of your life.

Sylvia · Married on 06/01/2012

A girl's wedding is one of the most important days of her life and finding the right venue can turn wedding planning into a nightmare. Luckily, right when I was at the end of my rope, my husband and I found Tanganyika. Our wedding, on June 1st, 2012 was perfect, in large part due to the staff at Tanganyika. The venue itself is a touch on the pricey side for a cheapskate like me but with everything you get with that price it is more than worth it.

First off Melissa, the Event Coordinator, was a dream! Out of everyone I dealt with among my wedding vendors she was the most gracious and accommodating. I could email her at any time and she would reply within a day if not within an hour. She worked with us on paying for the venue and I felt like she truly wanted my wedding to be perfect. The day of the wedding Melissa was there every step of the way and made sure everything was going smoothly when I was busy enjoying my reception. :)

On top of Melissa being wonderful every other employee I came into contact with was exceptionally friendly. I look forward to coming back to visit and enjoy the park again.

Second only to the service was the location itself. They have a very nice and large parking lot for all your guests and a BEAUTIFUL outdoor garden. They also have three indoor locations to choose from and all of their rooms are very well kept and attractive. Their grounds are attractive and well kept, creating a classy and expensive looking area to have a wedding.

Overall I had an excellent experience with Tanganyika and I would highly recommend it to any bride in the Wichita area who is looking for a classy, fun and beautiful place to hold their wedding and reception!

Tracy · Married on 12/03/2011

This venue is wonderful and Melissa is absolutely the sweetest person to work with. Having had two other children's weddings at other venues it gave me a little to compare to. The space is very comfortable and gives a really relaxed yet still classy feel. The animal ambassador really was a hit for not only the kids but all the adults too. The only reason for the 4 1/2 stars on the last two categories is that we were just a little disappointed at only having one hour to decorate and also that their isn't a lot u can do about it unless u rent the building for the whole day. That being said, it still worked out well with Melissa's help and I would totally use this facility again for any event and will highly recommend it to others.

Ryan · Married on 10/10/2015

Holly did a tremendous job before, during, and after the reception we held at Tanganyika. The room was beautiful, the day was perfect, and the scenery and photo ops with the animals made our day and wedding photos unique. The cost was surprisingly affordable--it is actually less expensive to use Tanganyika and have access to the beautiful surroundings, than to be stuck in a stuffy hotel ballroom with overpriced catered food. Tanganyika allows their guests to use any caterer (we spent about $800 for about 100 guests) as well as bring in your own alcohol. These two, in itself, saved my wife and I hundreds of dollars. I highly recommend this venue.

Brian · Married on 08/08/2015

Tanganyka, and Holly Page in particular, provided exceptional services. Holly provided many helpful suggestions and promptly answered all of our questions. She was knowledgeable of other vendors and their services and reputations. By the time our wedding celebration was finished, I felt like she was part of the family. In addition to Holly, the owner/operators of the wildlife park also participated in helping our plans come together.

Thu · Married on 06/11/2011

I had my wedding here in June and absolutely love the staff at Tanganyika. They are helpful in the planning process, taking time to meet with me, and stayed for the entire reception. The venue was beautiful and my guests loved it. I would definitely recommend this place.

Danielle · Married on 08/02/2009

Beautiful location. Very friendly and helpful staff. We absolutely loved Tanganyika Wildlife Park, and so did our guests! I would suggest this place to anyone looking for an exceptionally memorable wedding.

Amber · Married on 10/11/2015

Holly was awesome. It is sometimes hard to find times to come in and rehearse or finish the plans because of how busy they get but they are very understanding and patient.Holly was such an amazing help during set up,planning,pictures,rehearsal and even clean up she was the best thing anyone could need.she knew exactly what to do and she did it with a smile. She definitely went above and beyond.

3.5

The place is beautiful and staff professional and very friendly. This vendor went out her way to make sure our day was a success. We couldn't take pictures outdoor on the day of the wedding because it was raining all day. Holly allowed us to pick a different day for our pictures and came to work only for us that day.

Megan · Married on 07/01/2017

Tanganyika was the perfect venue for our wedding! The experience for both you and your guests is unique and something that you can cherish forever. The staff are more than willing to work with you through any questions or crazy recommendations that you might have. All of the animal interactions that you can do as a visitor are available for wedding pictures. They make sure to have park staff with you and your wedding party to make sure that you get to the front of the line and that you don't get stopped to often by other park guests while taking pictures. They have multiple rooms that you can use depending on the size of your wedding. They also have a beautiful outdoor ceremony space that is surrounded by beautiful flowers. If you are looking for a place that offers a unique experience with some of the coolest backdrops for amazing wedding pictures definitely check Tanganyika out.

Tanganyika Wildlife Park 8
    Tanganyika Wildlife Park 9
    Tanganyika Wildlife Park 10
    Tanganyika Wildlife Park 11
    Tanganyika Wildlife Park 12
    Tanganyika Wildlife Park 13

Melissa · Married on 10/18/2014

Beautiful landscape and very helpful staff!

Penny · Married on 03/22/2014

Tanganyika Wildlife Park was the perfect venue for my daughter's wedding. They were exceptional at helping us through the day with no stress. Melissa Reynolds was awesome!

Overall, I enjoyed my experience of having my reception at tanganyika! The only issue I had was when we brought in the centerpieces a few weeks before the wedding, a comment was made regarding the size and how small they were. It made me feel uncomfortable and was slightly offended, but other than that it was a good experience.

Rose · Married on 04/28/2012

3.0

Beautiful outdoor ceremony space. Great pictures and experiences with the animals. Less flexible about rehearsal time and bringing decorations in early than church or more traditional wedding space.

• F

Monica · Married on 06/21/2008

They have been under construction and I had my wedding on their opening day. I was worried they would be distracted and frazzled but Kim Barker(the coordinator) was amazing. The ceremony site was beautiful and the reception room looks out over the park and has plenty of room for a dance, buffet and 150 people. It's unique and beautiful. They make you feel very special on your wedding day.

Rebeckah · Married on 08/17/2013

A beautiful place that was different and fun. The events coordinator was good to work with and made sure everything went smoothly. Only thing I would change is a room for the guys to get ready in besides the men's bathroom. We had so many people tell us it was the best wedding they had ever been to. Goregeous place!

3.0

This was a wonderful venue. The price is high, but the space is larger with lots of natural light. Melissa was very helpful and responsive. They do have quite a rules on what you and your guests can and can't do.

Nicole · Married on 04/21/2012

3.0

We were very pleased with how our wedding turned out at Tanganyika. The coordinator was more than willing to help us in any way possible.

Kandace · Married on 04/29/2017

4.2
      2.5

We really enjoyed working with the coordinator. The room was wonderful. We had terrible weather and did not get to use a lot of what our package offered and half our guest did not show. We were offered a partial refund but I still feel we should have experienced more. Would not trade it though!

Tanganyika Wildlife Park 14
    Tanganyika Wildlife Park 22

Amber · Married on 06/15/2013

4.2
      3.5

Amazing for planning a wedding in month... Melissa worked super hard and did an amazing job for my wedding. It's was a great evening . There was plenty of photo places to take pics and the facilities were clean and set for us to get started..I would definitely recommend this place for any wedding! ;) thanks so much to Melissa and her crew !

Emily · Married on 05/06/2017

2.0

My husband and I were very pleased throughout the whole process. We were engaged for a year and a half so the planning process lengthy--- and the responsiveness was a lot less towards the end and only through e-mails which was a little frustrating. All in all, working with Courtney as our event coordinator was amazing and she took care of everything! If you are willing to spend the $$$ it is well worth it. ( There are 4 tiers-we chose the 3rd) Our photographer was even impressed! I would definitely recommend Tanganyika to other bride-to-be's, and who doesn't want a penguin to walk down the aisle at their wedding? (:

Breanna · Married on 05/27/2018

2.4
      1.0
      0.5

I was pleased with the way the ceremony looked. There are some things I would recommend changing. Not so much loose rock on the walkway and there is a stone under the pergula that is really loose. It made us nervous having my grandparents walk up there and taking pictures scared someone would fall. The reception looked great though! Our event coordinator, Taylor, was very rude. We were pleased the first time we met her but then her attitude kept getting worse and she kept talking about how many hours she was working and stressed. I don't know if it would make it easier hiring someone else but that definitely killed my experience with you guys. There were comments she would make to myself and my family which we all felt were not appropriate and I am still in shock with how rude she was. My family still talks about it. Not trying to rat her out or anything , just suggesting that maybe she needs help to where she isn't like this for future events.

Sent on 06/14/2018

Tanganyika Wildlife Park's reply:

Hi Breanna!
    Thanks so much for your feedback. It’s important to myself and Tanganyika to know where we can improve. While the Memorial Day weekend was very busy with 5 events in 3 days, there is no excuse for my attitude and mindless complaints about work or stress. I can see how that would negatively impact your special day and I sincerely apologize! Just as important, I appreciate the honest feedback. It highlighted the impact my attitude can have on a bride/event. I realize there is very little I can do for you at this point beyond my apology, but I will definitely learn from my mistake. As for the stones in the Garden, I forwarded your feedback to our grounds crew and they will get to work on securing the stones.