Tanganyika Wildlife Park Reviews

Tanganyika Wildlife Park 5
Tanganyika Wildlife Park 6
Tanganyika Wildlife Park 7

Alisa · Married on 12/06/2014

I chose this venue for it's flexibility and value. You can have any caterer you want, or even bring your own food. You can purchase and bring your own liquor and drinks. It was the best option for us to stay within our budget. The coordinators were so helpful! We took pictures before the wedding reception and they were both out there with us and they even helped me with my dress which I really appreciated. The bridal room to get ready in was very clean and convenient for my group, too. The kitchen and bar area was the perfect size as well. There's a projector you can utilize which I made sure we did! We had a lot of guests (roughly 300). So the tables were pretty crowded, but I expected that already so it wasn't a big deal. Our guests like to get up to walk around and mingle anyway. Basically, I loved everything about this place. My reception was perfect!

Sent on 12/10/2014

Sarah · Married on 08/30/2014

My sister had her wedding at Tanganyika 2 years ago. It was amazing. Interacting with the animals was lots of fun and makes for fantastic pictures.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Our wedding was fantastic! We could not ask for better professionalism, price and overall experience!

Caitlin · Married on 04/26/2014

Melissa helped us through every step of the way. Everything went off amazingly and no one has stopped talking about how amazing it all was!

David · Married on 04/26/2014

We had our Daughters wedding at Tananyika and could have not asked for a better place to have it. All guests were able to walk around the park before and after the wedding. The weather was great and the Staff was great to work with. If we had a questions Mellisa or anyone on staff there answered our questions or got us anything we needed to make the day special

Kimberly · Married on 10/12/2013

Mellisa was wonderful! She was very attentive and helped make it the perfect day. This is the perfect venue for a fun wedding and reception.

Sent on 01/02/2014

Erika · Married on 10/05/2013

Melissa and Matt were wonderful to work with. They made the day of a breeze. They helped with pictures, helped with time management, got me water before the ceremony...and even made sure I ate at the reception. They truly were like your very own personal coordinator the day of. I never had one issue with them. Melissa was always right there asking if I needed anything. Not to mention this is a BEAUTIFUL place to spend your big day. I can't say enough good things about this place and the people that work there.

Sent on 12/16/2013

I really enjoyed everthing at the zoo... loved be abke to take picture with animals .... and all the helo they did

Sent on 12/13/2013

Tiffany · Married on 08/31/2013

I can't say enough about this venue. They made our wedding day amazing! Melissa the event coordinator went out of her way to help bring everything together!

Sent on 12/29/2013

Julie · Married on 08/30/2013

Tanganyika was the perfect pick for our wedding reception! Everything was amazing! Melissa was fantastic and so easy to work with!! Wonderful facilities and very well priced when compared to other venues in the area. I couldn't recommend them highly enough!!

We had an animal ambassador and when the little kids couldn't pet the baby lynx they brought out the penguins just for the little ones to get to see & touch. I didn't even know anything about it until it was over!! What a great way to make all of our guests feel included & make sure they had a good time!

Sent on 12/16/2013

Tanganyika is such a beautiful place. The staff was very wonderful and accomadating, especially Melissa. The room that I had my reception was very spacious and clean. I'm glad I chose to have my wedding reception here.

Sent on 12/28/2013

Brittany · Married on 06/08/2013

I had my wedding at Tanganyika Wildlife Park and it turned out absolutely perfect! My entire family thought the venue was both beautiful and fun!! Melissa was extremely helpful in every aspect of piecing together my perfect wedding! I would recommend Tanganyika to anyone that wants their ideal wedding, classy but with fun added to it!

Sent on 01/14/2014

Amber · Married on 05/25/2013

I cannot even find the words to say how amazing Melissa and the Tanganyika crew are. I was searching for a wedding venue while my now husband was over seas. He didn't like the idea of having a wedding at a "zoo" until he met Melissa and saw what an amazingly beautiful place this is. Melissa was such a great person to work with and helped make our day so wonderful! Always there to make sure we were doing ok, made sure I had water while taking pictures, getting sunscreen for us, and making sure we got all that we wanted! We will be going back every chance we get! Great job!!!

Sent on 06/15/2013

Michelle · Married on 06/30/2012

WOW! Is all I have to say about Tanganyika!This place is above and beyond amazing! The level of service that the event coordinator gave us is was so amazing! We can not believe how hard she works! She treated us like we were the only wedding she had all summer! And FYI they were booked every weekend till Oct!!! Our wedding day was so amazing, we are more than happy that we picked them!!! Please check them out! You will get every penny paid back in the service and quality!!! Thank you again to Tanganyika for making our day the best day we could have ever dreamed of!!!

Sent on 07/18/2012

Stephanie · Married on 05/19/2012

We had our wedding reception at Tanganyika and were extremely pleased with the venue. Both Melissa and Matt staffed our event and catered to every request we made during our initial meeting. We had a fairly large reception with nearly 350 people, and the venue easily handled that number. Melissa handled all of my questions and answered my emails promptly with great professionalism and courtesy. To Matt's credit, while severe weather was in the area, he kept my husband updated every 30 minutes with radar updates. Overall, we couldn't have been happier with Tanganyika and fully recommend you use them for your reception. It is a fun and unique location and is especially great for receptions with little kids. The staff is professional, thoughtful and friendly. Many thanks to Matt and Melissa!

Sent on 06/14/2012

Stephanie · Married on 05/05/2012

LOVED every moment here. My reception was beautiful, and the service that I received from the Melissa and the team here was above and beyond what I expected to get. Melissa even stayed to help my mom clean up a bit and wrap my cake up for me. They are amazing. On top of that, taking photos with the animals and enjoying the park was one of the best highlights of my day. Made my day unforgettable. Thank you Tanganyika for making my day beautiful!

Sent on 06/14/2012

Stephanie · Married on 04/14/2012

Tanganyika Wildlife Park is the perfect place to have your wedding and/or your reception. The atmosphere is not only beautiful, but the people that help coordinate are wonderful! They go above and beyond making your day very special and perfect! Your questions or changes are taken care immediately, they don't make you feel as though you're just another bride. We had Riley the Penguin be in our wedding, she was a hit! Having her made the experience that much more fun. Honestly I could go on and on about them. Please check out TWP when looking for a venue.

Sent on 05/03/2012

Laureen · Married on 12/28/2011

We had a wonderful wedding reception! Melissa at Tanganyika was extremely helpful, everything was as promised. We had a Penguin join us at the reception, the guests loved her! It was worth the cost!

Sent on 01/09/2012

Miranda · Married on 09/02/2011

This is a great venue if you want a beautiful backdrop for your wedding pictures. It almost looks like a destination wedding! They have open catering so you can bring in any vendors, but they also have a great list that they recommend as well. The staff was accessible, and so easy to work with. The policies and pricing are clearly stated and I'd also say the pricing is very reasonable. They even have group pricing if your guests want to tour the park to see all of the animals. Would highly recommend this location for ceremony and reception site.

Sent on 11/02/2011

Susie · Married on 05/07/2011

Tanganyika Wildlife Park was an awesome place to have my daughter’s wedding. Everyone there was great to work with and very accommodating. The events coordinator, Melissa, went over and above to make everything flow perfectly from the wedding to the reception and dance. The sunset pictures our photographer took on the grounds were just beautiful! It was an amazing experience for us and our guests and I would definitely recommend Tanganyika. They made my daughter’s wedding day unforgettable!

Sent on 06/21/2011

Lindsay · Married on 05/07/2011

On our wedding day, we didn't have to worry about anything because the staff at Tanganyika took care of the details for us. Melissa in particular made sure things were running smoothly behind the scenes. She worked hard so we didn't have to. It has been nine months since our wedding and people are still talking about it. We couldn't have asked for a better place to celebrate this new step our lives. Beautiful location, helpful staff, and an unforgettable experience!

Sent on 02/15/2012
  • F

Matt · Married on 06/04/2005

The venue was beautiful. The staff was friendly and helpful. The person that booked the event stayed for the entire event, so nothing would go wrong. My guests loved it and so did I. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Sent on 11/20/2008

Mary Beth · Married on 09/09/2017

They were absolutely wonderful and Courtney was extremely helpful. The day was as close to perfect as humanly possible, absolutely gorgeous :) Only complaints were the extremely rude linens lady, and the staff coming to the bride and groom with problems on the wedding day... should have went through one of our moms!

Sent on 11/29/2017
    Tanganyika Wildlife Park 8
    Tanganyika Wildlife Park 9

Madison · Married on 06/13/2015

Wow, were do I begin describing Holly, the event coordinator, she is wonderful! We weren't sure that we were going to get a rehearsal the day before the wedding due to other events going on at the park, however, she worked us into the schedule and we were able to have a full run through, animal and all. She checked in on me and my bridal party as we were getting ready. She had water for me waiting after the ceremony and before. She was also with me, the bride, while taking pictures. She held my bouquet and the umbrella because it sprinkled a little bit. I don't think the day would have gone as smoothly as it did without her. My guests also loved being able to go through the park and they also loved the animal that came in during the reception. I cannot say enough about Holly and the staff at Tanganyika! Thank you so much for the wonderful day!

Sent on 07/29/2015

melissa is amazing! I recommend this place to anyone!

Sent on 12/24/2014