Tampa Bay Downs Reviews

10 | Tampa, FL

10 Reviews for Tampa Bay Downs

• Jess

Jess · Married on 05/19/2018

Choosing Tampa Bay Downs as our wedding venue was the first and best decision we made during the wedding planning process. There are multiple unique options for ceremony sites and the Skye Terrace is an awesome site for a reception, with it's giant window overlooking the racetrack and infield. Pricing was very reasonable for food options, as well as for a hosted bar. We were able to utilize the luxurious VIP suite for the bridal party and enjoyed mimosas while we put on finishing makeup touches. Our bartender, Kim was a sweetheart and she went out of her way to make my girls and me feel welcome. Nicole, who is the event coordinator there, was not only incredibly organized and supportive but she also provided us with recommendations for an officiant, photographer, DJ, cake shop, and hotel. All of which we ended up booking and all of which were absolutely amazing. Nicole also went out of her way to answer all of my questions throughout the wedding planning process and provided day-of wedding coordinator services at no extra charge. She and her counterpart, Kevin, also helped execute a last minute ceremony site change due to rain. In fact, every racetrack staff member we encountered was amazing and helpful. I would not have changed a thing about our wedding, especially choosing Tampa Bay Downs. You can't go wrong with Nicole and her amazing team.

Sent on 06/01/2018
  • Ashley

Ashley Sims · Married on 05/12/2018

Best experience...dream day!

Nicole and her team at Tampa Bay Downs were amazing. Leading up to our wedding she answered every question and responded promptly. She was very patient and helpful. Her staff the day of was absolutely amazing. They all went above and beyond to help the night run smoothly. The food was outstanding. Everyone there raved about it! The setting was beautiful and they had various spots on the grounds that could be utilized. The price could not come close to being beat for what we received. I never would have thought to get married at the Downs but after working with Nicole and her team I wish we could do it all over again. It was by far the best experience ever.

Sent on 09/05/2019

Ashley · Married on 10/08/2016

Absolutely perfect! I could write a novel on how great this place was. Its beautiful, awesome food and having a coordinator as great as nicole is...for such a great price! You cant beat it! Nicole is what really makes this place the best. She is super sweet and so helpful and was always there for every question or advice I needed. And shes there the day of to make sure everything goes right so i didnt have to worry about a thing. I just got to enjoy the night. The ceremony outside was so nice and our pictures came out beautiful over the bridge and under these trees with hanging greenery and moss. Everyone loved the food and the staff was very nice. The reception was so much fun! There's a nice dance floor and bar area and pleanty of room. Chairs and tables included. I wish I could write everything I want to but I know people only read so much of a review. If you got this far on my review.....go to the downs and talk to Nicole. It's such an amazing memory.

Oh and they let us rent the starting gate for pictures!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Jennifer · Married on 05/16/2015

We held the wedding and reception outside with a Derby/Preakness theme. Our guests enjoyed the unique venue and it made for some amazing photographs.

Sent on 11/30/2015

Robyn · Married on 05/24/2014

This venue was great and very affordable! My guests were so pleased by the aesthetic appearance and the food was wonderful!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Becky · Married on 04/19/2013

Chuck was ABSOLUTELY wonderful to work with. He was fun, attentive, and made our wedding perfect with the music! I would definitely say to give him a call if you are getting married in the area(s) he works.

Sent on 06/19/2013

Denise · Married on 10/08/2011

Nicole is wonderful to work with. She will do everything she can to help with your special day. Food was fantastic. Beautiful venue.

Sent on 11/15/2011
  • User2020095 · 2+ years ago

great facilities and venue. All details were attended to meticulously and wedding ran smoothly.

• User2020805 · event on: 04/16/2011

Myself and my family have to say that we had the best time ever there at the Tampa Bay Downs . The rooms were so wonderful it was very hard for us to pick one we really wanted to use for our event. But, we had decided on the Garden Suite which was a...

• User2020095 · event on: 02/13/2011

everyone had a great time. Nicole tended to every detail