Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry Reviews

Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry 6
Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry 7
  • I

Izabela · Married on 09/30/2017

Tamara and her team do an amazing job! I have had the luck to stand up in two weddings where she was doing the makeup and as someone who does her own makeup very well and rarely trusts a makeup artist, I was blown away! If only I could have her in my pocket everyday! Her team makes you feel comfortable and she was great with the girls who do not wear as much makeup and great with girls like myself who are always extra. She knows how to make everyone stunning!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Tiffany · Married on 09/22/2017

Seriously best company ever to hire for your wedding day! On time and set up and ready to go and they kept it moving. My September day ended up being the hottest day ever and all of our makeup was amazing and stayed on all day through the crazy humid heat. I usually always have to fix and touch up and I didn’t have to apply anything else or touch up at ALL....my lips even stayed all day, Tamara did an amazing job and not to mention she’s the sweetest ever! She is a makeup queen! Kristine also helped with some of my bridesmaids makeup and was just as amazing and wonderful! I had all skin types/colors and I swear they both can do it with their eyes closed! Jody did my wedding hair and it also stayed the entire day in the heat and did exactly what I wanted, I gave her 3 pictures and she combined them all together into one original style and I was in awe....she is a hair goddess and magical. All these ladies made me feel so glamorous. They are miracle workers and so experienced. I also had Lindsey who did my bridesmaids hair and yep she also gets an A+ and is a miracle worker. I can’t say enough about these ladies and the company....everyone was so impressed. Best professional glam squad ever!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/22/2017

Adriana did an amazing job for my sister's wedding. She was on time and professional and most of all gave everyone her full attention and listened to what we wanted. Highly recommended! She did an amazing job! Couldnt have been happier with her work.

Sent on 12/04/2017
    Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry 8
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/09/2017

After reading all of the reviews and doing some research I highly recommend booking with Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry!

Sent on 03/07/2017

Edyta · Married on 09/09/2017

Darbie is one talented and AMAZING artist! Love her and her work! She made my day extra special, making sure I looked perfect. Such a great company and team to work it!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Brielle · Married on 09/09/2017

Had an amazing experience with Tamara makeup for my wedding I would highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 10/26/2017
    Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry 9

Joy · Married on 09/02/2017

LOVE! Tamara and her team were great! I had a large group of girls needing hair and makeup. 13 to be exact. Tamara was very accommodating with adding another hair and makeup artists to help out Jolisa, my makeup artist, and Melanie, my hair artist. The wedding ceremony was at 12pm so we had an early start (5am to be exact). Jolisa and Melanie came on time and are true professionals. Adriana, makeup, and Terri, hair (forgive me if I spelled your name wrong), were the other 2 artists and just as great. Loved having all 4 of these artists working on my girls and making them all even more beautiful! Our makeup stayed on all night. And let me add we had it on for well over 15hrs.
    I definitely recommend Tamara and her team! I've already told my friends who are getting married in the near future :) Thank you so much to Jolisa, Mel, Adriana and Teri! You ladies were fun and so great. True talent! Thank you Tamara for having a great team!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/01/2017

Tamara Hair & Makeup Artistry is amazing! Truly helped make my dream wedding come true. Cristina and Jody were awesome to work with and extremely talented! I felt so beautiful along with my whole bridal party. You won't be disappointed!
    Thank you ladies again, you're the best!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Mandy · Married on 08/19/2017

Lindsay and Cristina did a fantastic job on my hair and make up for my March wedding. My bridesmaids and mother also looked amazing thanks to the two of them! I was very pleased with everything that Tamara and the team provided from the coordination of services to the trial to the day of! I would highly recommend!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Malika · Married on 08/19/2017

I loved them...Tamara Makeup and Hair Artistry brought my vision to life. We had a 2 day event and they did a wonderful job both days. Jenine did mine, my mother's and my mother in laws hair and makeup for day 1 and I loved my look, it was perfection.
    I had Tamara and Darbie for makeup on my wedding day and Sabrina for hair. They captured my look and it was flawless.
    They not only are good at what they do but also are very punctual. I had 12 people including myself and they got it done without a problem.
    I highly recommend Tamara makeup and Hair...

Sent on 10/17/2017

Taylor · Married on 08/18/2017

Hair and makeup could not have been more perfect for my wedding day. Made our morning super relaxing and listened to all the details we wanted for hair and makeup. Would HIGHLY recommend!!!!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Katie · Married on 08/05/2017

Everything was awesome! I already left a long review on The Knot :)

Sent on 08/11/2017

Mary · Married on 07/30/2017

I had an absolutely amazing experience with Tamara Makeup & Artistry! Tamara has truly put together an amazing team! I worked with Adriana for Makeup and Jenine for Hair. They are such sweethearts. Above all they are super professional and truly help bring to life the look I envisioned for myself. I felt so beautiful on our special. Thank you ladies for all you did!

Sent on 04/06/2018

Leila · Married on 07/28/2017

I highly recommend Tamara Make up and hair. They made my day so much easier and more beautiful. I loved how everyone's hair and make up looked, and I love how all the girls were happy with their own look.
    Adriana did a great job on everyone's make up. I loved my make up. All the girls looked stunning. She listened to everyone and made sure they get what they want.
    Jodi did a fantastic job on the hairs. Not only everyone's hair looked great but it also lasted all night. Our ceremony was outside and it was on a extremely windy day. We were also dancing all night. Despite all of that everyone's hair lasted night.

Sent on 08/10/2017

Erin · Married on 07/15/2017

I can't say enough great words about both Jolisa & Sabrina! I knew from the moment I sat down for my trial I'd be in good hands. Sabrina took the time to work with me on the perfect hair vision one strand at a time. I was pleased with my trial and even more excited for the final outcome on the big day! I had guests complimenting how whoever did my hair pulled back the perfect Highlighted strands that glimmered when the sun hit them. Jolisa was the best makeup artist I could have hoped for! My face was flawless from start to finish. All my girls were so happy with their final looks and wished they would have booked your team when they were married!

Thank you again for helping make my day so special!!!!!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Jenny · Married on 07/15/2017

Don't even consider any other place. Tamaras Makeup & Hair Artistry is TOP NOTCH. I can't get over how incredible everyone looked. And they're great with timelines - leaving a good amount of time for touchups. They traveled 2 hours to Notre Dame for our big day, were there right on time and made sure everyone was happy. Our photos are INCREDIBLE and we had more people ask who did hair and makeup. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Brittany · Married on 07/08/2017

The whole hair and make-up crew is so talented. They can mimic anything you want done! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Jennifer · Married on 07/07/2017

I have absolutely no complaints about these ladies! My wedding consisted of a wedding party of 23 people with 2 separate ceremonies (Hindu and Christian) all in one day....needless to say it was a PACKED day. I worked with 5 ladies that day and all of them did a fantastic job making sure that everyone looked amazing AND they did a wonderful job staying on my time schedule that was super tight and very important. They were very professional and friendly to me, my mother/mother-in-law, bridesmaids, and the flower girls and everyone looked amazing for both ceremonies. I can't say enough great things about these ladies that came to make my wedding perfect. I would 100% recommend them to anyone getting married no matter where you are in Chicagoland. 100% worth every penny!

Sent on 09/18/2012

Arya · Married on 07/07/2017

Tamara Hair and Makeup was an incredible team to work with for my wedding. They were flexible and truly worked hard to bring everyone's style and vision come to life!

Kaitlin · Married on 07/07/2017

This review is long overdue but, I can not say enough good things about Tamara and Jody. I had them for my wedding on July 7th and they were both AMAZING! Everything from the trial to the actual day of the wedding they were flawless. They both listened and executed the vision I was looking for on my wedding. I am not one to wear a lot of makeup but, Tamara really made me feel like a bride. I received so many compliments throughout the night about how natural and beautiful the makeup was. Not to mentioned it lasted from about 8am to 2 am and in the heat! Tamara was also wonderful with my mom. My mom was looking for some full coverage to cover up sun damage and Tamara took the time during the trail and day of to really make her feel like the mother of the bride! Jody is a hair goddess and really finished off my look. I wanted my hair down and I knew that during the Chicago summer that often times it would fall but, Jody didn’t let that happen. My hair stayed curled and didn’t look like a lot of hair spray was applied to create a natural look! Both Tamara and Jody were amazing with my bridesmaids! In fact we even finished ahead a time which allowed everyone to have time to relax! I couldn't have been more happy with choosing Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry!!!

Sent on 01/16/2018

Neha · Married on 07/02/2017

I worked with Tamara Makeup and Hair Artistry for my Sangeet and Wedding day looks. I worked with Tamara for makeup and Jody for hair.

Let me tell ya - these ladies are the real deal. They know exactly what needs to be done to achieve photo-ready hair and makeup that doesn't budge. I got my makeup and hair done at 11am for a 7pm event and it lasted the entire day. On my wedding day, I got my hair and makeup done at 10am for a 4pm OUTDOOR ceremony start time in the HEAT and I looked flawless all day long and well into the after-party.

Every one of the ladies in my family was blown away by how quick these ladies worked. They also were able to perfectly bring to life the hair and makeup inspiration photos they shared. Everyone looked radiant and felt radiant all day.

Tamara was also extremely patient and accommodating when it came to booking additional trials and letting me take the lead on my winged eyeliner style (something I can be very picky about).

Jody was extremely sweet and had an amazing calming presence. I am so happy I was able to work with her for three different hair looks.

I would highly recommend these ladies to any brides on the hunt for their wedding-day hair and makeup artists. These ladies are hair and makeup fairies -- everything they touch turns to beautiful :)

Sent on 07/16/2017

Melissa · Married on 07/01/2017

I can't say enough how much I appreciate and LOVE Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry! I had a very huge bridal party (19 girls for Hair and Makeup) and my team not only stayed on schedule, but also created the most beautiful hair and makeup looks! Each of my girls wanted something unique, from a mohawk updo, to a high ponytail updo, to a beautiful side braid, and lots of other detailed hairstyles. Our Hair Stylists Sabrina and Terri really knocked it out of the park with their incredible skills! Sabrina did my hair and made me feel like an absolute princess. She truly has a gift and is so very artistic. :) Cristina did our makeup. She had a vision for each girl and knew exactly what would look nice on all of them. My girls are all so very beautiful and Cristina knew exactly what to do to enhance their already beautiful faces! Cristina's assistant Nina was also such a hard worker and did an amazing job prepping the girls faces for their desired looks! It was such a happy and emotional day and I had lots of happy tears. It was also a hot day in July, but our makeup held up perfectly the entire day! One of my bridesmaids after the wedding said, "They are the best ever!" They truly are the absolute best of the best and I highly recommend Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry! Their work is incredible and their professionalism and kindness are impeccable. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my fairytale day even more perfect! We all had such a blast!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Kasia · Married on 06/17/2017

All my bridesmaids looked beautiful!!!

Lesley · Married on 06/17/2017

I honestly cannot say enough good things about Tamara and her team! We had our wedding on July 1, and they made my bridesmaids, Moms and I feel so beautiful! The makeup was gorgeous, and even though it was a lot of makeup, it did not look overwhelming on anyone's face. One of my bridesmaids has a fear of getting her makeup done because she has dealt with many times not liking it after it was complete, and she said that this was the best her makeup has ever looked when getting it done professionally. Everyone's hair looked beautiful and unique to them, and they lasted all day, even in the summer heat. Tamara's team was so great to work with and I would strongly recommend them if you are looking for a wedding hair and makeup artist. Thank you Tamara and team for making everyone look amazing!!!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Devoni · Married on 06/16/2017

Tamara's team was a pleasure to work with. They were very responsive and accommodating, making me feel at ease the morning of my wedding. Everyone commented on how beautiful the bridal party looked. They truly did an amazing job.

Sent on 08/30/2017