Take The Cake Reviews

Take The Cake 7
  • Hillary

Hillary · Getting married on 10/26/2019

Take the cake

Laurie was so helpful! We have not had our wedding yet but if it is anything like the tasting it will be awesome! She had all these cute little containers with the different cakes, frostings, and fillings. They were all labeled and had little score cards to remember what you liked best! And it was so amazing! We can’t wait for the wedding!

Sent on 08/23/2019

Maria · Married on 10/06/2018

We just got married in Sedona this past weekend and Laurie was amazing and her cake choices are the best. If you need a wedding cake, she is the person for the job. She also made us cupcakes for my flower girl who wanted carrot cake . Thank you Take the Cake for your delicious cakes. You’re the best!

Sent on 10/12/2018
    Take The Cake 8
    Take The Cake 9

Kelly · Married on 08/18/2018

Our cake was BOTH beautiful and DELICIOUS!!! Laurie was a joy to work with and her work was impeccable! She listened to our vision and made sure the cake was exactly what we wanted. We met with Laurie to do a tasting and she prepared a huge goody bag with cakes, fillings, and icings that we picked off her menu. Honestly, everything we tasted was amazing, but the one thing that surprised us was how scrumptious her raspberry filling is! Give us a jar of that stuff anytime! Our guests absolutely loved the cake; even those who don’t like cake! The price was right for her cake and there was absolutely no compromise on the look or taste! She also delivered the cake from Cottonwood to our wedding in Sedona. Thank you for giving us Sedona brides some affordable options for a gorgeous wedding cake!

We are looking forward to ordering our anniversary cakes from Laurie!! Thank you!

Sent on 08/30/2018
    Take The Cake 10

Lacey · Married on 05/26/2018

Laurie Etcheverry with Take the Cake was a pleasure to work with and took all my ideas for my wedding cake and made them reality! She more than exceeded my expectations! All of my guests were complimenting the cake not only the presentation but the taste as well! A+++! Thank you so much!

Sent on 06/09/2018
    Take The Cake 11

Take The Cake's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review Lacey. I so appreciate you taking the time to do that, and I am thrilled you and your guests enjoyed the cake! All the best to you!

Laura · Married on 05/18/2018

Laurie was INCREDIBLE to work with!! She is first and foremost a very kind person and very easy to work with. She was quite responsive via email and is very flexible. We set up a cake tasting and she had the cutest little set up - 6 cupcakes (3 cake flavors of our choice), 3 containers of fillings, and 2 containers of frosting. She brought it in an adorable little "kit" with scorecards and met us outside a local cafe (shout out to Jerona Cafe, who was also very kind and had tasty drinks to go with our cake!). She let us taste on our own terms so we didn't feel pressured (or afraid to admit if we didn't like any flavors, which was not an issue as they were all delicious!!). We went with a 2 tier cake - 1 tier devil's food with chocolate ganache, the other vanilla with raspberry filling, topped with american buttercream icing. The final cake was BEAUTIFUL and SOOO delicious. She even added in a little anniversary tier for us to freeze and keep. I HIGHLY recommend Take the Cake for anyone looking for a delicious wedding cake and a wonderful person to work with near Sedona.

Sent on 06/02/2018
    Take The Cake 12

Dear Laura,
    Thank you so very much for this amazing review. It was a pleasure working with you! I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 04/21/2018

Laurie did an amazing job with our cake! I told her what I wanted in the design and she just went and created a beautiful cake! We did a classic vanilla and chocolate cake alternating layers. For the vanilla we did a vanilla meringue buttercream and for the chocolate we did a chocolate gnache filling with a chocolate meringue buttercream. Both were absolutely delicious! Everyone loved the cake and stated it was some of the best cake they have ever had. Laurie listens to what you want and exceeds the expectations!

Sent on 04/25/2018
    Take The Cake 13

Thank you Stephanie!

Ashleigh · Married on 10/31/2016

Laurie from Take the Cake was immediately responsive when I first asked for a quote for our wedding cake. When I described my vision, she sent pictures to confirm what exactly I wanted. She offered a cake tasting that was beautifully prepared. She let us take it to go so we could discuss our cake options and what we preferred in private. We ended up choosing two different flavors. She wad more than happy to oblige by making our cupcakes in one flavor and the cake in the other. When I finally saw the cake, it was beautiful and exactly what I was picturing! She even placed the flowers on the cake for that the florist had left. Thank you for your beautiful creation!

Sent on 09/14/2018