Taharaa Mountain Lodge Reviews

39 | Estes Park, CO

39 Reviews for Taharaa Mountain Lodge

Rachel · Married on 06/15/2014

Taharaa is the perfect blend of rustic elegance in a mountain setting.
    There are many highlights of working with the team at Taharaa, including how communicative they were and how transparent they were about costs and timelines. The thing that stood out the most to me was how absolutely cool as a cucumber the staff always were. That's not to say that they weren't on top of any issue that arose, but it was so nice having someone who was confident and collected about the wedding day, along with accommodations and breakfasts and just everything!
    Taharaa was absolutely the right choice for us. I highly highly recommend Taharaa if you are looking for somewhere special in the mountains, with amazing, unobstructed views. We even had a deer join us for our rehearsal!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Taharaa Mountain Lodge's reply:

Thank you so much for the positive review. Thank you for letting the staff at Taharaa be a part of your special day. You were wonderful to work with and we hope to see you back here for your 1 year anniversary for a visit.

~ Taharaa Staff

Alexis · Married on 05/24/2014

My husband and I could not have asked for a better reception venue and staff for our wedding. Taharaa's staff went ABOVE and BEYOND to ensure that our wedding reception was everything we dreamed it would be.

Leading up to the wedding, they were always friendly and willing to answer our questions. They made payments simple and they were very flexible with how we wanted the hall set up for the reception. They allowed us to decorate the reception hall a day in advance so we didn't have to worry about it the morning of the wedding. They took copious notes and worked very closely with our caterer so when we entered the room for the first time as husband and wife, it was exactly how we pictured it.

The day of the wedding, they brought my bridesmaids and I breakfast in our room and checked in throughout the day to make sure everything was running smoothly. We were supposed to have a grand sparkler exit but it started pouring rain at the end of the night. So Taharaa's staff worked quickly and brought out bubbles they had left over for all of our guests and had them line up on their beautiful deck so we could "exit" through a sea of bubbles. It was nothing short of magical.

What we paid for the venue was well worth it when we look at the beauty of the venue, the responsiveness and professionalism of the staff and the flexibility they showed throughout the wedding planning process. I would recommend Taharaa to anyone who wants a beautiful and fun mountain wedding. Taharaa's staff WILL make it happen!

Sent on 08/11/2014

Taharaa Mountain Lodge's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. We try to do everything we can to make your special day everything that you image. Please come back to see us for your future milestones as husband and wife.

Brittany · Married on 12/31/2013

We had a small ceremony on New Year's Eve. We were thrilled with everything! The lodge was beautiful, the staff was attentive and very helpful, and the day went off without a hitch. Although we didn't use the Great Hall room for our ceremony (we got married on the deck), I think it would be a fantastic location for a bigger wedding. It overlooks the mountains and has a beautiful mantle in front of which we took photos. Overall, we are extremely happy with our choice, which we admit was a bit risky since we were out-of-towners and could not visit any of the venues. Metta, Josh, Terisa, and the rest of the staff put us at ease and were very helpful.

Sent on 01/07/2014

Taharaa Mountain Lodge's reply:

Apologizes for the delayed response. Thank you for the wonderful review and kind words about our staff. It was a pleasure hosting your wedding here at Taharaa.

~ Taharaa Staff

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Taharaa Mountain Lodge and couldn't have been happier. Not only is the venue gorgeous, the owner Diane was so helpful and wonderful to us. It was such a pleasure to work with Diane throughout the wedding planning process. She was just an angel and we can't thank her enough.

Sent on 01/02/2014

Joanna · Married on 07/07/2013

I absoluetly loved working with Taharaa Mountain Lodge for my wedding. I was a long-distance bride and Diane, the owner, worked with me for a year planning the wedding. She was always helpful and prompt in her responses to my questions and concerns. The Lodge is beautiful and unique and your guests will love the ambiance. I stayed in the Cattle Baron Suite and it was a fantastic place to relax prior to the wedding. If you are wanting to get married in the Estes Park area, be sure to check this venue out. Their breakfasts are something you won't want to miss and their friendly and personal service won't disappoint! I can't wait for my husband and I to go back.

Sent on 08/13/2013

Adriana · Married on 03/27/2010

It was wonderful!!! Diane and Pam were so helpful! I knew that by having my wedding at Taharaa my guests would be impressed with the beauty of it! Diane is so professional and full of great advice. I believe the day would not have gone as well as it did if not for her.

Sent on 04/30/2010
  • Trina

Trina Gabel · Getting married on 09/09/2020

Beautiful Wedding Venue

We had such an amazing experience at Taharaa Mountain Lodge. We were blown away by the views from the reception site, which was our ultimate decision to choose them - plus they had so many services offered in their packages. They changed management a couple months before our wedding date but the transition was very smooth. Rachel was so friendly to everyone on the wedding day while coordinating our group and answered all my questions leading up the big day. We could not say anything better about this quaint, rustic, and beautiful wedding venue.

Sent on 11/25/2019

Nicole · Married on 03/15/2014

We loved our experience at a Taharaa Mountain Lodge. We planned our wedding in just 3 months and Metta, Terisa and the rest of Tracy family helped make that possible. We loved that Taharaa was a family-run operation and didn't feel like a "wedding factory" . They were so responsive with our questions and handled all the details with our vendors. I never felt like we were being hit with hidden fees and all costs were transparent and easy to understand. Day of Metta and Terisa handled all the little details so that I could spend time with my guests. Working with the Tracy family was a truly wonderful experience. The venue is stunning with beautiful mountain views from literally every room. The bridal suite is just what you'd imagine a bridal suite to be...large, 2 fireplaces, jetted tub etc; with plenty of room for all the folks/vendors coming and going that day. The guest rooms are beautiful and we had the whole place to ourselves. The afternoon happy hour and morning breakfast offer even more time to spend with guests staying on site. They also let us buy breakfast for guests staying at other locations so we could all be together the next without having to absorb yet another expense of a formal brunch.....it was perfect. I highly recommend Taharaa for a warm, rustic-yet-cozy Colorado wedding!

Sent on 09/13/2014

Taharaa Mountain Lodge's reply:

We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us here at Taharaa. I am happy that we could help you pull together your wedding to be everything you dreamed of. Please come back and see us again for any future celebrations as husband and wife.

Rebecca · Married on 09/21/2012

It's been almost a year since my husband and I were married at Taharaa. What a beautiful place!! The views are breath-taking and the atmosphere is so rustic and so Rocky Mountain-ish! Everyone there was wonderful to work with. We had an outdoor ceremony and then our reception in their Great Hall. It was PERFECT!

Sent on 08/09/2013

Erica · Married on 10/09/2010

We looked at many places to have a mountain-themed wedding that would feel like a destinationto our many out of town guests. When we found Taharaa, we knew it was the perfect place. The great room is beautiful and rustic and the outdoor ceremony site was exactly what we were looking for. We even changed our wedding date so that we could have it at Taharaa and are so glad that we did. We couldn't imagine it anywhere else, and many of our guests complimented us on the location and the beauty of the surroundings. Diane and all of her staff were very helpful during the planning process with vendor recommendations and suggestions for the timeline for the day. They were also accomodating of some special requests we had before the event. They exceeded our expectations on the day of the wedding, and helped to keep everything running smoothly and on-time as well as making sure that we (bride and groom) always had everything we needed and that we felt good about how things were progressing. Diane (the proprietor) was also very helpful on the night of our rehearsal, helping us with last minute details and suggestions. She made us feel very special during the entire weekend. There was no need to hire a day of wedding coordinator because Diane and her staff were fantastic. Taharaa is a bed-and-breakfast which has a 2-3 night minimum stay, and there were not enough rooms for all 125 guests. The great room fit all of the guests comfortably for the reception, but there were not enough rooms in the lodge for all guests to stay in the same place. Fortunately Mary's Lake Lodge is only about 1 mile away and most of our guests were able to stay there. We would definitely recommend Taharaa for a beautiful mountain wedding! Diane and her team will ensure the day goes as perfect as possible! We look forward to returning to Taharaa to celebrate an anniversary.

Sent on 12/04/2010

3.5

The venue was beautiful and the staff was so helpful! It was almost like having a wedding planner. On the day of the wedding I did not have to worry about much because the venue took care of everything! Diane, the owner was so kind and I highly recommend Taharaa.

Sent on 11/19/2012
  • User2089314 · 2+ years ago

2.5

This was my reception venue and was absolutely beautiful! I loved that there were no other events going on the same day as my wedding, so it felt very exclusive. It was, however, very expensive and I didn't like that secret fees kept appearing through other vendors, like the caterer. They were also not very accommodating toward some of my guests. Definitely a beautiful setting, though!

Sent on 09/05/2012

Elyse · Married on 10/08/2017

3.2
      1.5
      3.0
      3.5

Taharaa is a beautiful bed and breakfast in Estes Park with amazing views at the ceremony site as well as the reception hall. Planning was a breeze with great email communication, 30 day walk through, etc. That said... during the wedding weekend the staff was less than accommodating and almost rude on occasion to my family that was staying there. They also made it clear they were not going to extend the slightest bit of service to our wedding guests who were not staying at Taharaa and not let them even wait in the lobby area before the ceremony even though we rented the entire place.

Pros:
    -Views and Location are spectacular
    -Included in the price are the tables, chairs, set up and tear down (plus borrow from their centerpiece/ decoration closet)
    -Ability to rent the entire place making a nice private wedding weekend.

Cons:
    -Strict Liquor license- You can only use their (less than impressive) beer and wine selection, and limited to certain areas of the venue. Even though we rented the whole place it was weird where you could and couldn't take their alcohol vs your own and they were keeping a watchful eye and enforcing this rule all weekend. Plus no alcohol allowed up at the ceremony site.
    -Linen rental is not included but they will order for you, however our price came in more than twice what was originally projected.
    -Will start to tear down and kick your guests out at the exact time the event is scheduled to end and not in the nicest way.

Sent on 10/28/2017

Taharaa Mountain Lodge's reply:

Thank you so much for your feedback about your wedding weekend here at Taharaa. We would like to address the concerns that you had throughout the process of your event. As it pertains to our bed and breakfast (hotel area), we tried to extend every courtesy to the guests that were staying with us, within means, including the several weeks leading up to the reservations. We no longer allow the entire lodge to be booked for a wedding as guests take advantage of the hospitality that is provided, including our Liquor License. Our Liquor License state where alcohol is and is not allowed, whether provided by Taharaa or guests. Please keep in mind we abide by State Law so that we may continue to host weddings and special events. The lobby area, as well as the rest of the bed and breakfast is available to those that are staying with us, as our lodge is an exclusive location. It was the decision of the hosts not to allow guests in the wedding venue until after the Ceremony and Cocktail Hour had taken place, this is where guests that arrive early are staged. With the bar in mind, we have provided the same advertised beer and wine for the last 2 years, we are sorry that you were not impressed during the duration of the bar service. Where linens are concerned, these are rented from a third party company and as demand rises so do prices. We apologize that you felt that you were rushed at the end of the event, however we do try to begin tear down when the contracted event time is over so that you are not charged anything additional by vendors for additional time. We are glad that overall you enjoyed the setting of your Ceremony and Reception here at Taharaa. We hope that the above information will ease some of the concerns that you had. Thank you again for hosting you wedding with us here at Taharaa Mountain Lodge.

Calista · Married on 05/28/2005

3.0
      2.5
      1.0

The views are magnificent and the place is gorgeous. I know it was hard for us to find a place that would accommodate the number of people we wanted.

That's about where I would stop with the good review. Looking back on our experience, I have fond memories of our wedding and reception. I think part of the problem was that we were the first big wedding in the Great Hall at Taharaa. I have been told by a few different people that the people who run Taharaa made some unforgivable comments (ie at 8:30 the music was "too loud" when we were allowed to have music going until 10, or that my step-dad wasn't allowed to have a Taharaa mug from his room in the Great Hall with him.) Luckily our guests had no idea of the frustrations we had, and all had a great time.

I'm not sure if it was the fact that we were the first ones having our wedding reception at their site, of if they are still that uptight, but I was disappointed. So, like I said, the views and site itself are beautiful, but the service was less than stellar.

Sent on 02/04/2008