Taffeta Design Reviews

Taffeta Design 3
  • Jacquelyn

Jacquelyn Campbell · Getting married on 07/25/2020

Very professional Booking

After looking at some of their work (hair and makeup) I knew I had to go with Taffeta Design for myself and my girls. I cant wait to do my trial!

Sent on 05/03/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 07/20/2019

Celebrity Status

If you want to look and feel like a celebrity, book Taffeta! I highly recommend Alex, Cassandra, Kat, and Aleshia! I was married on 7/20 and I never felt more beautiful in my life! I’m so particular about my makeup and Kat killed it! I looked like a Pinterest model. Alex did my hair and it was beyond anything I imagined. My hair was perfectly wavy, pinned to the side, and my clip in extensions were perfectly placed and I didn’t feel them all day. All of my girls looked amazing and we were done well ahead of schedule...There were 12 of us with full hair/glam makeup with lashes and Alex and her team were even able to fit in 2 more girls last min. The best part was it was also the hottest day of 2019 (heat index was 114) and we spent a lot of it outside... the makeup and hair did not budge. We started getting ready at 8 am but by 11:30 pm as the wedding was ending our hair was still perfectly curled and our makeup looked like we just had it done. You really cannot go wrong with Taffeta. They’re located in Hammonton and their shop is adorable! They also travel! I will never use anybody else for hair/makeup for future events.

Sent on 08/29/2019

Jaclyn Brutsche · Married on 05/31/2019

Hair and Makeup Perfection

Taffeta is the BEST! The girls are sooo nice, down to earth, and understand exactly what you want with just a picture or a few words. I was extremely confident in their work and knew that myself and all my girls would look AMAZING on my wedding day. Everyone loved their makeup. They did a great job giving that soft glam without feeling like you were wearing a ton of makeup. Everyone's curls and hairstyles stayed in all day and I was obsessed with my braid and curls for my wedding day hair. They made everyone feel so comfortable and look their absolute best. I would definitely use Taffeta again for future special occasion events!!!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Lizzy · Married on 04/13/2019

Booking them is a must!

One of the best vendor investments from the budget. The team handles hair and makeup. They are so talented and everyones makeup looked natural and hair looked incredible. They were so nice and wonderful to work with.

Sent on 04/22/2019

Emily · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing talent!

Alex and her team are AMAZING. As an out of state bride, I relied on recommendations and after talking with different salons and following instagram posts, I knew Taffeta offered the talent, flexibility, and personality of artists I wanted around me for my big day. Throughout the process, Gina and Alex listened to my concerns and altered schedules and timing, added more artists to the team, with no problem or questions. After not loving the hair style I chose at my preview after looking back at pictures, Alex made me feel confident, personally calling and talking with me, that my hair would be exactly how I wanted it for my wedding day. My team, Alex, Lauren, Jess and Betsy were so positive and cheery the morning of my wedding, even though it was a 7:30am start. They made all of my girls and moms look and feel beautiful. No matter the artist, everybody was so happy with their look. Not having to commit to a large amount of girls for hair and makeup early on with Taffeta relieved a lot of stress for me and Taffeta was happy to accommodate the 9 hair and makeups we ended up booking! It is super important to pick a team that has the experience and honesty with scheduling to ensure that everyone is ready on time without feeling rushed. Taffeta offers that. Do not hesitate to book Alex and her team.

Sent on 12/03/2018
  • Casey

Casey McClellan · Married on 06/23/2018

Taffeta to the Rescue!

Alex and Lauren at Taffeta truly saved the day! I live in Pennsylvania and was married at Congress Hall in Cape May, NJ. I had two disastrous trials locally before reaching to Taffeta, who I found on Congress Hall's preferred vendor list, in a panic months before our wedding. They responded immediately and executed my vision flawlessly. Their studio is quaint and charming and their trial hours are very flexible. They welcome feedback and are open to adjustments. I was very impressed by the formality of their contracts, payment process and online portal. We were assigned an appropriate amount of stylists per services requested and the timing the morning of our wedding was flawless. I couldn’t have been happier with my experience and would highly recommend Taffeta!

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 06/16/2018

Alex was phenomenal and made my mom, sister and me feel glamourous. I had a hair trial with a hairstyle I thought I loved, and Alex did a lovely job - but after thinking about it for a few days I decided it wasn't for me; so on my wedding day we decided to completely switch up the look. I was really nervous, but Alex was AMAZING! She did exactly what I asked for, without a "trial". My mom and sister were so happy with their up-dos. She is incredibly fast and efficient, and produces beautiful work. Thank you Alex for making us feel beautiful! I will send pictures as soon as I get them =)

Sent on 06/26/2018

Kelly · Married on 03/23/2018

I could not thank Taffeta Hair & Makeup enough for making my wedding day extra special! Alex and Lauren did the hair and makeup for my bridesmaids and I, and everyone looked and felt amazing! Alex and Lauren are both so talented, professional, and helpful, I would highly recommend to anyone! Thank you both so much for making me feel so beautiful on my wedding day!

Taffeta Design 4
    Taffeta Design 5
    Taffeta Design 6
    Sent on 06/27/2018

Abby · Married on 05/31/2017

Recommend - Especially Courtney!

I used Taffeta for hair only and we loved our experience! Courtney was so sweet and fun during the trial and on the day of the wedding. She was very easy-going and didn't mind when a few of us had her make changes/fixes. She was very professional and we loved her work! Definitely recommend Taffeta and Courtney

Sent on 08/15/2019

Alison · Married on 05/06/2017

Booking Taffeta Design was probably one of the easiest decisions i made in my planning process! I was referred to Alex by one of my bridesmaids (they went to school together). She was so nice on the phone and walked me through the whole process. The prices were comparable with other local salons - except they would do our hair and makeup in my house - which was honestly the most important part. A few months out I had my trials in my make up artist's home. I showed both girls a couple pictures and they knew exactly what to do! The night before my wedding, I got an email from Gina, telling me that my make up artist had the stomach bug. No bride wants to read that the night before the big day! But within the same email she told me that they were sending another girl - Lyndsay - who was even better!! She got there early and everyone's makeup was FLAWLESS!!! She was even able to help cover up some surgical scars for one of my bridesmaids. Katy, our hair stylists, was PERFECT. My mom didnt know exactly what she wanted, and Katy kept making adjustments throughout the morning. Both girls were a great fit with all of us - we had a blast talking with them while we got ready. I didnt want to put my veil on until i was in my dress. Katy stayed an extra 30 minutes to wait for me to be ready. She definitely didnt have to do that, but it was so appreciated!! I can't imagine having anyone do our hair and makeup.... I would definitely recommend booking Taffeta for anyone's wedding!!!

Sent on 06/09/2017

Deneen · Married on 11/05/2016

The Taffeta wedding girls are amazing!! I cannot say enough..from beginning to end my wedding day went perfect! Working w/Alex the owner who is so sweet & accomadating to Deneen who did our hair & kat who did out make up..it was such an easy relaxed morning. I truly wish I could do it all over again! Do not search for any other bridal team for Yur hair & make up!! Tafetta is it!!

Sent on 05/05/2016

Hillary · Married on 09/17/2016

I used Taffeta for my wedding on 9/17 and was so happy with the services they provided! Alex and Lauren were wonderful to work with and were able to create any style my bridesmaids and I asked for. All of our hair and make up stayed the entire day. Very impressed with this company!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Carrie · Married on 05/21/2016

Taffeta Design made myself and my bridal party look gorgeous! From the very beginning they were very easy to get a hold of, answered every email promptly, and the hair dressers/makeup artists arrived right on time and worked professionally. I would would suggest Taffeta
    to anyone.

Sent on 06/14/2016

Lauren · Married on 11/07/2015

Alex and Lauren were amazing! I couldn't of picked a better glam team for my wedding. When I when to Alex's for my trial, they were extremely professional and listened to exactly what I wanted. When I looked in the mirror I was blown away. The day of my wedding went so smoothly. They were such a joy to share my wedding morning with. I wish I could have them do my hair and makeup everyday. My makeup lasted all day and night long and my hair didn't budge once. My bridesmaids absolutely loved their work as well. My sister-in-law already booked Alex and Lauren for her future wedding. LOVE LOVE LOVE! They are truly amazing!

Sent on 03/10/2016

Rose · Married on 09/05/2015

I cannot thank Taffeta Design enough for all they have done for me, the bridesmaids, and the MOB/MOG. Alex and Lauren did my hair and makeup for our engagement pictures and I was so happy with how it turned out. They made me feel so beautiful and I love my pictures because of how amazing they made me look! Alex, the owner, and Gina, the communications specialist, were both so easy to reach and talk to throughout the entire planning process. They helped accommodate a time/location for the hair and makeup trial around my busy schedule and being out-of-state as well as Alex and Lauren's busy schedules with work and children. I had so much fun on the night of my trial. Alex helped me find the perfect jewelry for my bridesmaids and the hairpiece for my wedding day hair. She has stunning taste in wedding jewelry and hairpieces! The day of the wedding, Alex and Lauren were so amazing to work with! They made everyone feel beautiful and everyone was so happy with how their hair and makeup turned out. My hair and makeup came out even better than the trial! I felt absolutely gorgeous. I never thought I could feel so beautiful then I did that day. Thank you Taffeta for everything! I can't wait to get more pictures back from our photographers to share with your team.

Sent on 09/15/2015

Laura · Married on 06/13/2015

Amazing! Taffeta Hair and Makeup was absolutely incredible! After having a trial at the home of Taffeta's founder, I felt completely comfortable and at ease with with Alex and Geno. Alex did my hair while Geno worked on makeup. My mother and sister came with me to Alex's home for the trial and we were greeted into her home with home arms and absolute joy! Alex was amazing to work with and made you feel immediately at ease, as if you had known her for years. After completing my hair and makeup trial, I was so excited for my wedding day, not only because I was confident in the job they did on me but because my mom, my sister and my bridesmaids would be able to experience the same pampering too! On the day of the wedding, Alex did our hair and Geno did our makeup. All morning we laughed, listened to music and chatted with one another while ooohhh-ing and awwww-ing as my sister, cousin, mom and in-laws got their hair and makeup done. It was such an awesome experience for us all. From the bottom of my heart, I thank Alex and Geno from Taffeta Hair and Makeup for truly being the best at their job and all around wonderful people! I felt extra beautiful on my wedding day because of you two! Thank You!

Sent on 06/15/2015

lauren · Married on 05/30/2015

I could not be happier with Taffeta! Alex and Gino were simply amazing. They were friendly, funny, and attentive to all of my bridal parties needs. Alex did an exceptional job on our hair. Not only did everyone look beautiful they were also happy because Alex was able to recreate exactly what the girls were looking for! Gino did an excellent job on makeup and had us laughing the whole time. Guest at the wedding would not stop complementing everyone on their hair and make up. I would definitely recommend Taffeta!

Sent on 07/04/2015

Alyssa · Married on 05/29/2015

I absolutely loved working with Alex and Lauren on my wedding day! Both girls are extremely friendly and amazingly talented. Every single one of my bridesmaids look gorgeous. Hair was perfect, and makeup was flawless. I felt like a princess. I never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day. Alex was so friendly and a pleasure to work with through the whole planning process. She made it easy and fun for me in the days approaching my wedding. Not to mention she also created a stunning custom headband for me to wear. I would highly recommend them to anyone needing hair and makeup services for a special occasion!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Amanda · Married on 11/22/2014

I cannot recommend this company enough! They are fabulous!! After having a trial with another hair stylist, I was unhappy - I contacted Alex, and I immediately felt confident that Taffeta Hair and Makeup Design was the perfect match for me. I had Lauren do my makeup and Marissa did my hair. These girls are amazingly talented, and extremely friendly to work with! They completely understood the look I wanted to achieve and executed it perfectly! I felt beautiful on my wedding day… and so did my bridal party and both mothers! Alex is very organized and kept in constant contact with me to make sure my day went perfect. Stop searching and book with Taffeta for your perfect wedding day look!!

Sent on 12/01/2014

Jim · Married on 07/12/2014

Alex and her crew made my wedding day stress free as possible. They made me and my whole wedding party looked amazing. Taffeta wasn't my first choice. I know this girl that was supposed to do my hair and another girl that was going to do my make up. I had a trial with these two girls and it was horrible. I was so stressed out and that I stayed up all night looking on THEKNOT for another hair and makeup artist. Then I found Taffeta. I was very fortunate that they were not booked for any weddings on my date. So I scheduled a trial with Alex and was so pleased how beautiful I looked and how fast she did my hair. Lindsay did such a great job with my make up as well. They suggested a lot regarding what will look good and what look right on me. I chose airbrush makeup because I know it lasts longer and better for hot days. For all the brides-to-be out there, I definitely recommend an airbrush make up. My wedding was in the middle of July and my makeup stayed on all day and all night, at church, on the beach and all through the reception. Thank you to Taffeta for making myself and the wedding party looking great on my special day!!

Sent on 09/24/2014

this team of people are fabulous in what they do. they are prompt, professional, and very talented. on site is the way to go. it reduced the stress level of that day by 1000X. not cheap, but top notch! And a fun experience even for the men who stand around and compliment everyone.

Sent on 03/19/2014

Great job to Alex and her team! Everyone looked gorgeous! She was helpful and easy to work with! Alex and Gino put me at ease! Thank you!

Sent on 11/29/2013

Alex and Angela are truly special hair and makeup specialists! They go beyond their duty of styling; they not only listened to our possible desired look, but they also contributed with their own expertise, which is needed.
    The trial and day of service for my wedding party and I was awesome; they are a true example of how these services should be conducted. I HIGHLY recommend their genuine and superb talent to anyone!! I was lucky to have stumbled up on their business!

Sent on 04/23/2013

Alex was wonderful to work with - and Macie (make-up) was also great! Both were friendly and professional and made my wedding day even more joyful. Great service!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Stephanie · Married on 06/18/2016

We had an absolutely amazing experience working with Alex and Lauren of Taffeta. I know Alex (the owner) from when she worked at a salon so I called her about one year before my wedding and didn't consider anyone else. They did an amazing job! My trial was so much fun. I had specific ideas for my hair, but had no idea of what to do with my makeup. Lauren did a great job putting a color palette together that looked amazing for my special day but was also "still me." Alex and Lauren were super professional and arrived right on time on my wedding day. We had a diverse group and some extenuating circumstances on the wedding day, and Alex and Lauren were polite and fun despite everything. My MOH's grandmother was very sick on the wedding weekend and she actually had to go to the hospital after her hair and makeup were done. Lauren stayed for a few extra minutes so she could touch up the MOH's makeup when she returned. My bridesmaid had gotten married 3 weeks earlier and said that she just might like her hair and makeup better for this wedding than she did for her own. I also had family members getting their hair and makeup done who had never had such services in their life. Alex and Lauren made them feel super comfortable so everyone had fun and looked amazing. I HIGHLY recommend Taffeta. I have seen a few other companies at other weddings, and they are truly a step above the rest. It is totally worth the money, and I believe you will look and feel amazing!

Sent on 07/20/2016