T&L Catering Reviews

T&L Catering 2
T&L Catering 3
T&L Catering 4
T&L Catering 5

Book T& L catering. Will be one of the best wedding decisions you make. After getting numerous quotes from caterers, T&L was far more affordable. We saved a lot of money, we chose from their off premise catering menu for our wedding. We were on a budget and didn't want to break the bank. These guys delivered!!!!!! They were so flexible working with us and creating a menu that suited our needs. The food was DELICIOUS. The jerk chicken was to die for. Have you ever been to a wedding where they serve really bland, blah food? Even though this is a more budget friendly choice, it is NOT THAT!!! It is rich and flavorful, wonderfully spiced. Your guests will be well fed and happy. Not only that, but they are exceedingly professional on the wedding day. The staff and our maitre D took excellent care of us and our guests. Leading up to the event, they were so easy to work with, always answering our questions and accommodating special requests. Prompt reliable communication. I would recommend to any family or friends. Also, another perk with these guys is they DON'T have liquor liability which means you save a TON of money on alcohol!!!!! We provided our own alcohol purchased from a discount wine shop, and whatever the T&L bartenders didn't go through, we returned.

Bottom Line: If you're looking for excellent value but don't want to sacrifice quality, pick T&L Catering.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Sophia · Married on 05/28/2016

The staff was beyond exceptional! My wedding was beautiful. I would recommend this venue to all my friends! Thank you for making our day special!

Sent on 08/02/2017

katie · Married on 12/27/2015

We used T&L for 3 summer housewarming BBQs and we couldn't be happier with the food or service! This was our first time doing at-home catering, and we took a leap of faith as we weren't able to make time to try samples. We got so lucky! Each time, they were responsive and delivered the food right on time. Everyone raved about the food, and they worked with us to accommodate different requests each time. Even when they forgot a tray of chicken nuggets at the last party, they sent someone out right away, and it was ready in time for our guests' arrival. A great experience!

Sent on 09/15/2016
  • User6114699 · event on: 12/05/2015

food an help was excellant already booked for next year 12/03/2016

Sent on 12/30/2015

Elaine · Married on 10/03/2015

My husband and I had a destination wedding in Puerto Rico in July. We booked T&L Catering for our reception in NJ for the rest of our family and friends that weren't with us in PR. Whoever I had to contact regarding our event were very helpful and professional. They made it very easy for us. The day of the event, we were given plenty of time to set up as for our DJ and Photo Booth guys. We had our party at the Grand Banquet Hall in Linden, NJ which had plenty of parking space for our guests. The table set up looked great. The food was also great. Our family and friends still talked about how great the food was after the party. The staff were superb. They were very attentive to us and our guests. They made the whole day feel effortless. I would highly recommend their service to all my family and friends.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Rebecca · Married on 09/26/2015

T&L catered our wedding on Sept. 26th and they were absolutely amazing! From the tasting to the setup to the food to the cleanup, everything was spot on! Our maitre de was wonderful with coordinating everything (we were doing pictures while they were setting up and she had us assign a point person so we could focus on pictures and they could still have everything right) and it turned out perfect! Have had many compliments on the menu (tortellini w/alfredo and beef tips in particular). Would use again!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Allie · Married on 09/12/2015

T&L was such a huge part of making our wedding day so wonderful- they were there for me every step of the way (Pam is the best!!) and even when I'm sure I was being overbearing with my endless questions and concerns, they were nothing but pleasant and accommodating and were very timely in responding. The food was great and we come from a family of restaurant owners who are hard to please.. needless to say, everyone was very impressed! The quality was great and the quantity was more than enough - something I was a little worried about. Even the displays used for our station style buffet were so cute, with little chalkboard signs telling you what the options were. Now on to the best part - the price! They were 20% cheaper than any other place I'd looked into and when you're feeding 170 guests, that makes a big difference. I also needed to rent some last minute tables and linens and I was able to do everything through them- so easy!! If I had to plan another wedding tomorrow, I wouldn't even think about using a different caterer. They truly made my wedding amazing. Thanks Pam, Linda, Tom and everyone else at T&L!!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Jeffrey · Married on 08/22/2015

We just got married August 22 2015. Tom was fantastic in preparing our event(sit down dinner with cocktail hour).His communication with us was very helpful. We had contacted numerous other caterers and the size of our kitchen in the sky room of our building was small that almost all said they couldn't do a sit down just only buffet. Tom said he could and he came through with flying colors. The service and food was excellent and his staff all accommodating and friendly and courteous. The linens and plate ware were perfect setup was timely and they took control and everything ran smoothly. They coordinated with our entertainer and so the event was spectacular and my guests were vey happy. We will be using them again for an anniversary or any catered party we may have. My final comment is that their price is very fair and you will not be disappointed with using them.

Sent on 08/25/2015

T&L did my catering for my rehearsal dinner. They showed up on-time and set everything up without even knowing they were there. The food was delicious and the portions were generous as well. We would definitely use them for future parties that we need catering for.

Sent on 10/03/2014
  • User4196235 · 2+ years ago

Tom and his team did an AMAZING job at our wedding. They were the nicest people, so accommodating, and super quick to respond to any of our inquiries. I was a little nervous about the buffet aspect not being as nice as a sit-down dinner, but people could not stop talking about how delicious the food was (especially the cocktail hour)! I am a pretty tough food critic, but I was very impressed with the flavor, variety, and presentation. The value for what you get... not enough stars to express that!! Thank you T&L!!!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Food was good and generous. Email was not answered in timely manner but they were answered. Staffs was absolutely amazing. Price was lucrative. I will definitely recommend T&L catering, again and again.

Sent on 09/22/2014
  • W

Walter · Married on 06/14/2014

Exceptional service! We had a backyard wedding and they were very helpful throughout the entire process. They also handled tents, table and chairs rentals. With the food everything was done at a reasonable price. There was a lot of great food to choose from, all of it was delicious.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Delicious food. Always fast response with phone calls. Flexible and well priced. They couldn't have done a more amazing job.

Sent on 04/29/2014

Laura · Married on 11/08/2013

Very nice clean banquet hall in Berkeley Heights, NJ called the Riverview, that was recommended by my DJ, Jimmy Bond Entertainment. The hall, staff and food were great. They helped me set up and the room looked fabulous! They also provided the Bartender and Balloons at a very reasonable price which really helped. They had a special going for having it on a Friday night which was in my budget. The party was a Birthday Surprise for my husband and everyone had an excellent time! I will absolutely use them in the future and highly recommend! Thank you again T & L Catering and staff!

Sent on 11/20/2013
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/01/2011

T&L Catering was amazing the day of my wedding! Not only was the food amazingly delicious but the staff was very professional! During the pre-wedding process the responsiveness and help to get everything in order was splendid! The day of the wedding the staff was extremely helpful and very friendly. In fact a staff member even took a run out for my parents as we ran out of something!
    T&L also did the tablecloths and napkins for our tables and they matched perfectly with our decor. They had a ton of colors to chose from, so that helped. They also have a full array of rental supplies (tents/tables/chairs/etc.) so I know they can take care of any event, big or small! T&L Catering staff and food was wonderful - overall amazing job and I highly recommend them to anyone for any type of event.

Sent on 10/12/2011

Lorna · Married on 10/27/2009

T&L did a splendid job, during the pre-wedding process and the day of the wedding. We did a buffet with some appetizers. The staff was extremely helpful and very friendly. Throughout the evening they would approach my husband and I to make sure we were having a good time and had eaten.
    While working with T&L to decide on the package, food and costs the people I worked with were wonderful. I am vegan (do not eat animals or animal bi-products). While, T&L doesn't offer a 'vegan option' they were more than willing to work on me to tweak a few of the menu items. They were very concerned that everything be the way we wanted and that I would be able to eat on our wedding day!
    They also helped us with staffing and rentals. One of my major concerns was ordering the food and the rentals (tables/chairs/linens/etc). With T&L I was able to get everything in one place and pay one bill. That was EXTREMELY HELPFUL to us. The less paperwork, the better :)
    Overall T&L did a fantastic job and I highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/28/2009

T · Married on 11/30/2018

Great Service! Food was great.

Sent on 11/01/2017

P · Married on 05/10/2017

I used T&L Catering for my daughter bridal shower. The two people who came to serve, Kevin and Barbara were extremely helpful in setting everything up. They displaced the food in a beautiful arrangement. The food was delicious and enjoyed by everyone. Barbara & Kevin served the food and did a wonderful job with the clean up. I would use them again in the future. Totally satisfied with the event and the service.

Sent on 05/10/2017

Lisa · Married on 05/29/2016

T and L was absolutely amazing to work with. From Pam and Linda in the office who answered my many questions, to the wedding day which had incredible service from their staff and Nita, the maitre'd, we couldn't of asked for more. This was the best priced wedding caterer and venue we could find and it was an incredible steal for what we got. The Riverview venue is a little dated, but with our decoration and Nita's great eye for setup, the placed look amazing! I highly recommend T/L and the Riverview Hall!

Sent on 06/20/2016

My husband and I couldn't be happier to have hired T&L Catering to cater our wedding. The food was absolutely fantastic! Our family and friends couldn't stop talking about it and we were asked several times who catered. I was a little concerned that the food wouldn't taste the same as when we went for our tasting (I would have had this concern with any catering company), but it was just as good, if not better at the wedding.

The space was set up beautifully and it was everything I had hoped for.

Tom was great to work with and his staff did all they could to make our day as special as possible. Jackie was our Maitre'd and she was wonderful. She was very attentive, brought my husband and I food and drinks throughout the night, and made sure she checked in with us every so often.

Everything I had to pick up from the venue the day after the wedding was organized and boxed up very nicely which made picking up our belongings an easy task.

I would certainly recommend T&L Catering. Their prices are reasonable and their food is delicious!

Sent on 10/07/2015
  • User5205355 · 2+ years ago

Awesome service , very nice people!! They made my event spectacular!!!

Sent on 08/15/2015
  • F

Fridda · Married on 03/03/2018

T&L catering is alwasy very attentive to the bride and grooms needs and keeping things under control. Thank you! Overall great service.

Sent on 03/13/2018

Ericka · Married on 06/30/2017

Everything was beautiful and affordable. The food was pretty good and the hall where we had our wedding reception was decent. They did a good job with everything. Thank you!

Sent on 07/13/2017