Sylvia Weinstock Cakes Reviews

25 | New York, NY

25 Reviews for Sylvia Weinstock Cakes

Michele · Married on 06/25/2016

From the moment I realized I would be getting married one day, I knew I wanted a Sylvia Wenistock cake. Our wedding planner arranged for an appointment and to my surprise the appointment was with Sylvia. Sylvia is absolutely lovely, personable and just adorable. We (Sylvia, myself, my mom and my wedding planner) exchanging stories, she telling us about her 60+ year marriage, her love story all while tasting various delicious fillings and cakes. A short time later, I received a hand drawn rendering of our cake, something I have framed and will always cherish.

Our cake was definitely one of several 'wow' factors at our wedding, throughout the day/night guests kept relishing its beauty wondering 'are those flowers edible?". Yes, each of those flowers are hand made of sugar with such detail and edible. The cake was as as beautiful as it was delicious. My one request to our caterer was that this delicious and amazing cake actually get eaten and it was.

If you're looking for a beautiful and delicious cake, look no further than Sylvia Weinstock.

Sent on 10/14/2016

Joseph · Married on 10/02/2015

Sylvia made us a cake that was absolutely out of this world beautiful. The design was simple, but her attention to detail makes her the best at what she does. She was a true joy to meet in person and I'd like to think I've motivated her to tweet more. Thanks so much Sylvia, dessert at our Plaza wedding wouldn't have been the same without you.

Sent on 11/05/2015

ASHLAN · Married on 05/02/2015

The highlight of my wedding was my cake!! It was absolutely stunning, and my guests were in awe of it. It also tasted amazing!!! Sylvia and Emily were a dream to work with, and everything from the tasting to the cake delivery and set up was seamless and stress-free. Highly recommend!!!!!

Sent on 05/21/2015

Joyce · Married on 05/17/2014

My daughter's wedding cake was the most beautiful and delicious cake imaginable. We met with Sylvia personally which was so much fun. She makes the selecting of the cake an occasion in itself. People are still talking about the wedding cake.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Skylar · Married on 04/20/2013

Elegant, dreamy, delicious, amazing, wonderful, opulent...just a few words to describe our cake! Superb job!!! Highly recommended.

Sent on 05/23/2013

I absolutely LOVED my cake and can't wait to eat the top of the cake next year! Sylvia's flowers were so intricate, life-looking and gorgeous. I saved my wedding cake topper and it looks like a bouquet of flowers sitting in my living room. The cake itself was absolutely moist and super delicious. No wonder she is so famous and so well respected. While the price was high, it was worth every penny. Sylvia and her team lived up to all expectations and made the day terrific.

Sent on 05/05/2013

Michelle · Married on 06/09/2012

Our cake was a work of art! Just perfect! And best of all...absolutely delicious!

Sent on 06/12/2012

Bettina · Married on 03/24/2012

Delicious cake! Sylvia is amazing to work with.

Sent on 04/10/2012

Tiffany · Married on 11/19/2011

Amazing cake! Tasted as good as it looked!

Sent on 11/22/2011

INCREDIBLE!!!! The cake was so beautiful, such a work of art that I hated cutting into it, but I am glad I did. The best cake I have ever had. Just celebrated my 1st anniversary, defrosted the cake and it still tasted incredible.

Sent on 10/16/2012

R · Married on 08/27/2011

Working with Sylvia to design our wedding cake was easy and fun. All of our guests who ate the cake declared it to be delicious, and I would highly recommend her to anyone for any cake needs.

Sent on 09/06/2011

Patricia · Married on 05/14/2011

One of my favorite parts of our wedding was the Sylvia Weinstock wedding cake. I had my wedding reception at the Roosevelt Hotel and was so fortunate to have a Sylvia Weinstock wedding cake included in my package. I set a tasting with the company and was fully intended on meeting with one of her associates, not actually Sylvia! On a Saturday morning, my husband and I (as well as my mother and two older sisters) traveled downtown to her office. She met us at the door and was absolutely charming. I was worried that she would think it was strange or obnoxious to have so many people at a cake tasting but she was so welcoming and warm. We got to taste all of the delicious cake and buttercream frostings while Sylvia helped us determine the perfect combinations for our wedding.
    Our cake was extremely delicious and beautiful and I still get compliments from our wedding guests. I highly recommend using Sylvia Weinstock for your wedding cake!

Sent on 09/08/2011

Alana · Married on 10/02/2010

Worth every penny! Sylvia was very easy to work with and her cakes are a work of art.

Sent on 01/04/2012

Lisa · Married on 10/03/2009

We had our wedding reception at the St. Regis Hotel and loved the old new york style elegance. The painted ceilings with clouds in on the top floor is what drew me in. Silvia Weinstock made our over the top 7 tier wedding cake! Erik Guzowski our New York City wedding photographer from Exhale Photojournalism took many great details of the St. Regis Hotel and from outside as well. Our live band The Classix was the Big Band sound we were looking for. All and all I think we had a classic wedding with sophistication and elegance.

Sent on 03/05/2010

April · Married on 09/19/2009

The cake was absolutely perfect! It tasted as good as it looked! We received a lot of compliments from our guests about the cake, specifically about how moist it was and how good the flavor combinations tasted. We had alternating layers of chocolate and yellow cake, with strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla mouse filling between the layers. I was initially nervous about how all those flavors would taste together, but it was delicious. Sylvia was wonderful and met with us personally during the tasting. I was surprised because I thought someone as famous as her would not be personally involved in the meetings and details. I figured we would be meeting with her assistant or something. It was so delightful to meet her in person and see those famous glasses! I highly recommend getting a Sylvia cake if you want it to be perfect.

Sent on 09/21/2009

Laca · Married on 05/23/2009

She's not the Queen of Wedding Cakes for nothing... Our wedding cake was pure perfection. Absolutely gorgeous, delicious and everyone could not believe that the flowers were made of sugar. Worth every dollar.

Sent on 07/08/2009

Melissa · Married on 12/01/2007

BEST CAKE I HAVE EVER HAD!!!!
    EXPENSIVE BUT YUMMY!!!

Sent on 10/17/2008

Stephanie · Married on 07/16/2011

The Roosevelt Hotel included a Sylvia Weinstock cake and boy was I excited. She is THE nicest lady considering how busy she is. My cake tasting made my week. She spoke to my husband and I and asked about our relationship, how we met etc. Such a sweet woman. AND HER CAKE! It put a huge smile on my face and it was gorgeous and delicious, every girl's dream come true as far as wedding cakes go. Can't wait to eat it on my anniversary.

Sent on 08/15/2011

One of my favorite parts of our wedding was the Sylvia Weinstock wedding cake. I had my wedding reception at the Roosevelt Hotel and was so fortunate to have a Sylvia Weinstock wedding cake included in my package. I set a tasting with the company and was fully intended on meeting with one of her associates, not actually Sylvia! I was so shocked when my parents, husband (fiance at the time) and I arrived and got to meet with Sylvia herself! She met us at the door and was absolutely charming and so funny. We got to taste all of the delicious cake and buttercream frostings while Sylvia helped us determine the perfect combinations for our wedding. Sylvia worked with our florist (Spitz and Peck) to have the flowers on our cake match the floral decor of the wedding. It matched perfectly! The flowers on the cake looked real--amazing! I also sent Sylvia a picture of my dress and wanted the embroidery on the cake and the detail to match the detail of the dress. My dress was very detailed---and so was the cake! Sylvia made the embroidery and the detail look fabulous, elegant and the perfect glamorous NYC wedding cake!
    Our cake was extremely delicious and beautiful and we got so many compliments from our wedding guests. I can not wait to eat it at our 1 year anniversary. Only 10 months to go! I recommend using Sylvia for your wedding cake--you won't be disappointed!
    -Rachel and Jonathan - June 23, 2012 wedding

Sent on 08/21/2012

Courtney · Married on 11/05/2005

Sylvia's brand brings everything and more to this experience. Her cakes are artwork - beautifully crafted and completely edible. Why have real flowers on a cake when you can have cascades of delicious icing-flowers that don't wilt during the reception? The cake can (and should) look just as beautiful cut as it does whole.
    Sylvia and her staff are completely flexible and responsive to all of your desires.

I would rate the taste of the cake as unique and above average (we had alternating layers of chocolate with raspberry filling and carrot cake with dulce la leche filling).

Sent on 02/13/2008

Bari · Married on 03/21/2015

One of the highlights of my wedding planning process was meeting Sylvia Weisntock and designing our wedding cake. My parents wedding cake was designed by Sylvia 30 years ago, so it was never a thought in my mind to have her design my cake.

The tasting was informative, fun, but most of all delicious. She and her team were very accommodating, funny, and patient was we tried several fillings and cake options.

At the end of the day, i couldn't have been happier with the stunning cake Sylvia designed for us. It was stunning and all our guests kept saying how beautiful of a job she did. The sugar flowers matched our florals in the room perfectly and it was a great complement to the rest of the reception. I cannot wait to eat the top in a year!

Sent on 04/06/2015

Alicia · Married on 07/25/2015

Sylvia runs a tight ship! We only met with her once, ran through all the cake and filling options that were available to us, and we had everything decided before we left the office. We gladly left the rest in her more than capable hands. The cake come out absolutely stunning - almost too gorgeous to eat. Guests raved about it! We were so lucky to have been able to work with her.

Sent on 09/24/2015

D · Married on 12/01/2012

Sylvia Weinstock Cakes was a pleasure to work with and her creations are just gorgeous!

Sent on 12/17/2012

Melissa · Married on 09/28/2013

3.6
      3.5
      3.0

The cake at our wedding was beautiful and delicious. We received multiple compliments from our guests. However, like another reviewer, we had our cake included in our package with our reception venue. We had not asked for anything really elaborate, and yet Sylvia Weinstock added $750 surcharge. The most disappointing part about the surcharge was that when we met with her staff during our consultation, they had told us that what we were looking for would not incur a surcharge, so needless to say we were surprised when the sketches came back with a $750 surcharge. We ended up having the hotel intervene and remove the surcharge. We also found out later that the top layer of our cake only had 1 filling in it, as opposed to the two filling we had requested. They told us this was because they could not have two filling in the top layer for structural purposes, but they hadn't told us that during our consultation, nor had they pointed that out when they restated our order back to us. Because of that, I find the explanation they gave us a bit fishy.

Sent on 11/10/2013

Lily · Married on 04/14/2012

2.6
      2.0
      1.0

First, the cake was very good and the guests gave it many compliments. However, the cake was included in the package from the hotel (a very high end one in NYC). During the only meeting we had with them, they claimed that there would be an additional $500 charge. We had a very simple cake (only 85 guests) with few adornments. We had to get the hotel to intervene to remove this charge. As the wedding approached, they still insisted on the additional $500 for the cake. We again had to have the hotel intervene to tell them that the cake is included in the package at their establishment. While they did not charge us, I do not expect this kind of Mickey Mouse behavior from a supposedly reputable vendor...

Sent on 04/28/2012