Sylvanside Farm Reviews

Sylvanside Farm 5
Sylvanside Farm 6
Sylvanside Farm 7

Annette · Married on 05/24/2018

I visited Sylvanside Farm recently and was awestruck by the beautiful surroundings. Taking a tour with Terri gave me a sense of the history that makes this property so remarkable. I was drawn to the inevitability that a 200 year old barn will witness countless of couples getting married and create lasting memories. I am looking forward to staying at one of the peaceful cottages in the near future.

Sent on 05/26/2018

Amanda · Married on 02/24/2018

I worked on a styled shoot located at Sylvanside Farm. The property is beautiful, and everyone was so kind and welcoming. There's a gorgeous barn, a pond, and not to mention the various furry friends around to help brighten your day! I highly recommend Sylvanside Farm for your wedding - you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 05/18/2018

Bob · Married on 01/31/2018

We cannot say enough good things! My now husband and I found this place through airbnb, and we fell in love with the cottage. Come to find out they host weddings and we were sold on our location for our ceremony. Terri and Jeff were so great, giving us tours, accommodating lots if special touches to our ceremony, and always being available and responsive for questions. Both us and our guests had a fabulous time feeding the horses, walking the property, hanging out in the barn. And our photographer was thrilled that every inch of this place is just waiting for a photograph to be taken! We recommend both the cottage (great for setting up and as a honeymoon suite) and the stone barn! Note that the wood barn is suitable for much larger weddings and renovations will soon be complete (our wedding had 20 people and we were swimming in plenty of space both indoors and out). I actually hesitate to let this secret out, because my husband and I definitely want to visit for anniversaries!

Sent on 05/13/2018

Amelia · Married on 10/08/2017

While there are many options to chose from in Loudoun, there is nothing out there like Sylvanside Farm. The beauty and serenity of the property, the options for ceremony locations, and the genuine warmth and kindness of the owners, Terri and Jeff, make this a must visit. From the moment we first visited, the farm felt magical, and Terri and Jeff are sincere in wanting your experience and your special day to be exactly as you've envisioned. Every time I visit there is a new feature (like subtle twinkle lights woven in under a tree canopy - the perfect place for a first look or romantic dusk photos) that they've dreamed up for a memorable experience. You can't buy that level of accommodation and kindness, and quite honestly, you won't find a better value than Sylvanside. Stop looking and contact them before another bride does - you won't regret it!

Sent on 08/22/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 09/19/2015

Hidden Gem!

Sylvanside Farm is a hidden gem that you will love as soon as you turn into the driveway! There is no way to grasp the feeling of being on the property from the photos. The property has a lovely manor house and a few cottages available, as well as the two absolutely beautiful barns. Terri and her husband are also extremely accommodating and pleasure to work with! As a wedding professional, I would 1000% recommend Sylvanside to my couples!

Sent on 05/09/2019

Sylvanside Farm's reply:

Thanks for your kind words Rachel. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon at Sylvanside Farm.
  • Joanna

Joanna Davis · Married on 05/26/2019

Lovely wedding

Our wedding was truly magical. Even on a 90 degree day, guests couldn't stop talking about how it was the most beautiful venue they'd ever been to. The farm is so spectacular it'll take your breath away, and owners Terri and Jeff have it down to a science: cocktails in a stone barn, games on the lawn, freshening up in various air-conditioned cottages on the property, and dinner and dancing in the gorgeous poplar barn. We worked with wedding planner Amy Thunell who was fantastic throughout the process, and really went above and beyond.

I will say, our relationship with Terri and Jeff started off bumpy (to say the least). They were a new venue, and hadn't quite thought through what it means to host a large, weekend long, event. I'm sure they've worked it all out at this point, but my advice would be to be extremely clear about your wedding vision from the beginning so that there are no surprises, and so they can tell you what Sylvanside will and will not offer.

Sent on 06/14/2019

Sylvanside Farm's reply:

We are so pleased that your day was magical! Thanks so much for choosing Sylvanside Farm, we hope to see you again soon.
    Cheers,
    Terri
  • slpwmw

Shauna · Married on 05/25/2019

Gorgeous venue!

Words can’t describe how beautiful this venue is! It’s like a fairytale.

Sent on 06/01/2019
    Sylvanside Farm 8

Sylvanside Farm's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Shauna! We were honored to be a part of your special day. Hurry back to see us soon!