Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch Reviews

65 | Loveland, CO

65 Reviews for Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch

3.0

I loved the venue, and the food was great. It's an absolutely beautiful location, and if you're looking for a ranch that is a little more affordable than some others in the area, Sylvan Dale is a great option! The only issues we had were with booking, and we were given some misinformation regarding some of the details of the wedding. This caused some issues for us as we had to find another location for the nights before the wedding. We also weren't able to taste the food prior to the wedding, so I was relieved that the food was good. Most of our issues came with some miscommunication issues with the wedding coordinator, so I would suggest clarifying everything in the initial meeting with her. Other than the issues I listed, our wedding was perfect, and I am so glad we did our wedding at Sylvan Dale!

Sent on 08/25/2013
  • Lauri

Lauri · Married on 04/28/2012

3.5

Slyvan Dale is simply a beautiful place to get married. The weather was marvelous and The Heritage was the site of my ceremony in front of a fireplace with a western and Native American atmosphere. Complimentary honeymoon cabin provided the night of the honeymoon and was a very cosy fun time. Opened the window to hear the river splashing on the banks. Loved it and a beautiful day in Colorado!

Sent on 05/01/2012

susan · Married on 09/24/2011

3.6
      3.5

Beautiful location. Sue was a pleasure to work with. Some of the constraints put on the bride during planning seem a little inflexible and unreasonable. The indoor room was warm and uncomfortable but the front deck was a nice solution.

Sent on 04/22/2012

LeAnne · Married on 01/19/2019

3.6
      3.0

Mixed. Real. Not for everyone...

A long story short: Sylvan Dale is a beautiful location, and we are so happy we picked the venue; however, it left much to be desired in terms of the staff that were directly involved with the wedding. The office staff, and especially the kitchen staff, were outstanding. If you are someone who is able to plan well in advance, and is able to stay organized without too much guidance, I believe you could make Sylvan Dale work. But, if you struggle at getting things done on your own and need a lot of hand-holding, I would be worried about the staff turn-over for such a large-scale event. I have tried to include as much detail as possible about our experience, as to explain the good and the bad of Sylvan Dale.
    Full story: We started searching for wedding venues a little over a year (November 2017) before our wedding date. We wanted an outdoor winter wedding, and we quickly came across Sylvan Dale. After requesting more information, and working with the wedding coordinator at the time, Melissa H., we decided to set up a tour. Coming from out of state, Melissa welcomed us to the ranch, and really helped us fall in love during our tour. Of the three other venues we toured, we knew right away that Sylvan Dale fit our vision. Melissa promised to work with us however necessary—with our dogs, with my handicapped aunt, and with our guests who were primarily from out of town. The contract was signed by December, and we were well on our way to wedding day. Melissa was always quick to respond to emails, questions, and made us feel like she really wanted to listen to our ideas, instead of forcing us to do it the “Sylvan Dale” way. February 2018 came and we received news from Melissa that Sylvan Dale was adding a new wedding coordinator to the team, and that we were one of the “lucky” brides being transferred to the new coordinator, Suzanne N., and Suzanne would be reaching out to us once her work email was set up. Melissa said she was still willing to answer any questions we may have during the transition, and we waited for Suzanne to reach out to us. Since we were working on other wedding vendors, and according to Melissa’s general timeline for when she would need certain information from us, there wasn’t anything we needed from Sylvan Dale. So we continued waiting for Suzanne’s email. By June, we were half way to wedding day, and we still had never been contacted by Suzanne. Not knowing what to do, we sent an email with our questions to the address Melissa had provided for Suzanne, and we copied Melissa. Suzanne quickly responded, apologizing that we must have never received the introductory email she sent out, and that sometimes due to Sylvan Dale’s location, the emails don’t always “go though”. There was never any other time that we had issues with emails not being delivered. We were back into wedding planning mode with Sylvan Dale, updating lodging information, timelines, etc. When I had questions, I would try and put them in bullet format in the body of an email, in italic font, or tried to make them stand out in some way from the rest of the email to ensure my questions would get answered. Suzanne was notorious for ignoring our questions. We really felt as though we were a burden to Suzanne, and that she was trying to get us to fit into the typical Sylvan Dale wedding guidelines. For our reception layout, we had to work with Suzanne four different times to try and have her place the bride and groom table correctly on the layout diagram. By December 2018, we were quickly approaching our January 2019 wedding day. We received a very familiar email from Suzanne saying that Sylvan Dale was adding a new wedding coordinator to the team, and that we were one of the “lucky” brides being transferred to the new coordinator, Samantha S., and Samantha would be reaching out to us once her work email was set up. We had long suspected that Melissa and Suzanne were not sharing the wedding planning duties together, and that Melissa had left and Suzanne was her replacement. But after receiving an identical email from Suzanne about a new wedding coordinator we were being transferred to, just two months from our wedding day, confirmed our suspicions. Samantha reached out to us quickly, after I had shared my reservations with SUzanne about a new coordinator so close to our wedding date. Samantha did work with us to correct a lot of the things that Suzanne missed, or neglected. It did feel as though Samantha was still trying to push us to do things the “Sylvan Dale” way, and it didn’t really ever feel like Samantha was listening to what we were saying the first time. With our wedding in mid-January, we were in full planning mode during the holiday season. It started becoming difficult trying to communicate with Samantha over the holidays, as she took December 23-January 2 off to visit her family in Nebraska. Of course we want people to use their time off! However, it felt that we were quickly being disregarded. Especially after Samantha said she would reach out to us on the day she was back, January 3rd, and we never got serious replies until after 4pm on Friday January 4th. We quickly found out that Samantha would not reply to our emails over the weekend, so it wasn’t until Monday that we could really work on planning again. Our final payment for the event was due on January 9th, 10 days prior to the event. Samantha never mentioned our due date, until I brought up on January 7th that I would be submitting payment via check in the mail. An invoice was finally sent to us on January 8th, but it did not reflect the correct totals. The invoice did not include our correct alcoholic beverage choice, or the additional hors d’oeuvres we had been discussing for weeks, so the invoice had to be updated again. Our check arrived late, but luckily Sylvan Dale was forgiving. The last-minute details were worked out, or disregarded with Samantha, and finally we made it to wedding weekend.
    Sylvan Dale was kind enough to allow us to check into a few select cabins early, and over the phone Samantha informed us we could arrive around lunch time. My husband and I arrived at the office at 12:30, and were rudely informed by Jill that luckily, the staff had just finished cleaning Isabella Bird cabin, as they weren’t expecting us that early. There was no recognition that we were the bride and groom at all. Other members of our family were staying at Mama J’s cabin, and there were no apparent issues with the check in process. As boxes and bags started being unpacked in Mama J’s, there were some spiders found along the walls in the loft area. This was originally not worried about, because after all, we were surrounded by woods. During the rehearsal as our officiant was discussing how she wanted to go through the ceremony, Samantha interrupted to try and determine the order in which everyone was to walk up the aisle—something that our officiant had already prepared months ahead of time. During the rehearsal, there was no need for me to know the order of everyone else, because as the bride, I’m last. It made me feel unprepared, and was something that easily could have been done before the day of the rehearsal. It really felt like an afterthought that could have been taken care of weeks earlier. We got the rest of our last-minute details figured out, and our questions answered, and finished decorating the reception room. We had our families over to the Mama J cabin for a family dinner, and everything was finally going according to plan. It wasn’t until that evening when everyone was trying to go to bed that the spiders really started becoming an issue. In one of the rooms, there was a spider with a body as big as a nickel, plus the outstretched legs that made itself at home on the bed spread. There was another spider that made itself at home in the same room along the floorboards. After taking care of those two, the occupant of the room decided to sleep in a different bed in an adjacent room. Upon curling up in the bed, there was a body of a dead fly under the covers. At this point, it was more than just being in the wilderness—it was an infestation.
    On wedding day, we mostly were in the cabins getting ready. Everyone raved about how delicious the breakfast buffet was. Everything went great, until we again needed to work with Jill. She was helping Samantha ensure the bridal party was lined up properly before proceeding up the aisle, and she started to get a little too assertive, and basically acted like we were an inconvenience all together. The ceremony was a blur, we made it to the reception, and managed to be basically on-time with our schedule. The food was amazing, everyone was having a great time, and the wait staff were prompt. After talking with our DJ, we went ahead and did our first dance, and then quickly went into cake cutting, maybe a few minutes ahead of schedule. Since Sylvan Dale was providing a cake cutting service, we went ahead and cut our piece of cake with our custom cake knife and server, then waited awkwardly for Sylvan Dale staff to cut the rest of the cake. Nobody was around, and finally after awkwardly waiting, we went to the DJ who confirmed we were only a few minutes ahead of schedule, and he went off to find Sylvan Dale staff. Finally, Jill and Samantha came out and started cutting the cake. Luckily, we had a cake order that was more than enough to feed our guests—because they absolutely butchered the cake. Wedding cake slices are supposed to be tall and skinny and evenly cut; however, our cake slices where far larger than a wedding cake portion and absolutely botched. We danced the night away, and finally it was time to clean up. The Sylvan Dale staff said they would take care of putting all of our decorations on a table, where we could pick them up the next morning. I asked specifically if they would take care of our custom champagne flutes, and our cake cutting set, because I had noticed the cake server was now missing. Samantha assured me that the flutes and cake set would be washed, and put with our other items on the designated table. Concerned, we left for the night to get some sleep after a busy day. Bright and early the next morning, my husband and I showed up to pack up our decorations. The champagne flutes were not washed, the cake knife was still dirty, and there was no cake server to be found. Finally, we found some Sylvan Dale kitchen staff who helped us look for the missing cake server, but we were unable to find anything. They said that maybe Jill or Samantha had put it in their office to keep it safe, and they would follow up with them, as well as the Chef to see if they could find it. After packing up, we had a wonderful breakfast, and then finished packing up the cabins. The occupants of Mama J’s cabin notified the office staff of all of the issues with the spiders, and the office staff thanked the occupants, informing them that there was another group staying in the cabin the following day. The office also mentioned maybe refunding part of the bill, but that was never done. We also left Sylvan Dale without our cake server. Ten days after the wedding, Samantha reached out to us and informed us that somehow as they were packaging the cake server to send to us, it broke. After we received our cake server on February 4th, I emailed Samantha to let her know, and I received another automatic reply that Samantha was taking time off until February 11th. It was again very difficult to work with Samantha because she was out of the office. They did offer to fix the mistake and pay for a new server, but it must have been a defect in the server itself. Once we finally received the server, the metal was cleanly snapped right where it attaches into the handle. Luckily, Things Remembered ended up being able to replace the server for us for no charge, but it was an extra trip out of state that we needed to take, for a mistake that was hidden from us until ten days after our wedding.
    Our wedding day was not a catastrophe, by any means. But, if we weren’t the type of people who could laugh about what happened, it would have felt a lot worse. We were able to remain organized on our own through multiple wedding coordinators—but it was very stressful! We tried to remain calm and polite through the entire experience. Sylvan Dale is an absolutely breathtaking location, and we could not be happier of our decision to get married there, but it would have been an even more amazing experience if our wedding staff experience would have been better.
    Best of luck to you in your venue search!

Sent on 04/05/2019

Jessica · Married on 07/23/2006

3.4
      3.5

I really loved the beauty of the area it was stunning!! It made for wonderful pictures. The coordinator really worked hard to make our day special but did stay out of the way enough to make it our day not hers. Would totally recommend this place to anyone wanting a mountain view wedding.

Sent on 06/05/2008

Ann · Married on 06/26/2010

3.2
      3.0

The area and facility is beautiful but I felt like the wedding coordinator was completely over scheduled. We spent a lot of money on the wedding and renting guest cabins, many hidden fees. Be cautious when comparing venues

Sent on 07/07/2010

Jamie · Married on 10/03/2009

2.6
      3.0

We were recently married at Sylvan Dale. We had a wonderful evening wedding. The setting was absolutely beautiful!

I have a few suggestions for anyone thinking about using Sylvan Dale:
    1. They do NOT have a bridal suite or even a nice place to get ready. We ended up booking a cabin and the space was not large enough nor was the setting for the 'getting ready' pictures acceptable.
    2. Make sure YOU are the organized one. I had several emails go unanswered and I had to coordinate the final walk thru (when we showed up they did not have us on their schedule and were told that if the appointment that was 1/2 an hour late arrived they would have to help them). I also had to call to set up the rehearsal time (I wonder if I had not called if we would have had a rehearsal). After we paid our deposit I had initiate all contact.
    3. Plan on covering the chairs--it was 100% worth the cost. I can't believe a place that does so many weddings for such a high price can have such ugly chairs! It made the room! (We used La De Da in Loveland).
    4. Realize parking is an issue. We were the only wedding that evening and only had 80 guests and we filled up the parking lots.
    5. Count your empty bottles before leaving for the evening. I was never told we ran out of wine but we got charged for all the bottles we had allocated (hmmmm, how convenient).
    6. They are totally inflexible on beer and wine--your special requests will not be granted.
    7. They were very strict about the times you are allowed for set up. There was not a wedding before ours but they would not allow our florist to arrive early for set up. This also applies to check in. Our wedding ceremony was at 5, cabin check in is at 3. I was told we could not get in early to our cabin so we ended up paying for an additional night just to make sure we had plenty of time to get ready since our pre-wedding photos started at 3.
    8. Realize the quote per person does not include the 20% planning fee or the gratuity. Any gratuity that you leave will be distributed between all the staff at the ranch. So, if you think the bartender did a great job but the coordinator really dropped the ball you can't allocated tips based on individual service just overall service.
    9. The food is wonderful!!! All the guests commented on how great it was.
    10. The reception set up was on time and the hall was very clean.
    11. The wait staff looked very professional and did a great job.

Like I said above, our wedding was wonderful it was the planning and little details that were cause for concern. Just know you will have to do more leg work that you might be expecting and you will may have to spend a little more. The outdoor setting was worth the little details being a pain but I felt ripped off by the 20% planning fee.

I wish I would have know a bit more before basing my decision on the setting. I would have given up some of the outdoor setting for a bit more organized planning and feeling like I was more that just an event they had to work. That is what did not match up for me.

Sent on 11/19/2009

2.4
      3.0

Was very disappointment by the extremely rude girl that worked at the front desk. We did not pay this amount of money to have our guests treated that way.

Sent on 08/11/2013

Laura · Married on 06/19/2011

1.8
      2.5
      2.5
      1.0

If you want a gorgeous outdoor wedding in the foothills, the Sylvan Dale setting is incredible; however, our experience planning an outdoor wedding reception was frustrating and confusing. The mission statement they advertise is that "Every effort will be made to customize arrangements to meet your needs and create the wedding of your dreams." But over and over, throughout the planning process, many of our requests for personal touches and basic preferences were denied due to "policies" or extra costs which kept surfacing along the way. This led to a lot of stressful re-planning and anxious attempts to problem-solve on our part.

Some things to consider and make sure you're okay with before you book an outdoor event here:
    -Know it's hard to know what all the policies/extra costs are up front, because they only surface as you talk details, and they are issues you'd never expect to be a problem at a standard wedding venue.
    -Know that at any time, they may schedule other same-day/same-time events on the neighboring grounds.
    -For an outdoor reception, know you will need to rent most everything, from linens to tables (they don't allow you to use their tablecloths, napkins, dining chairs/tables at their outdoor events, even though they are part of the event "package" you purchase). You can use their picnic tables with attached benches, if that fits the atmosphere you want to create, although you will still can't use their napkins etc.
    -You or rental company staff will have to set up/take down tables and chairs. You will also handle everything else not belonging to Sylvan Dale, since "Policy" says the staff is not allowed to help you with personal things you bring in for wedding use.
    -Verbal promises may not get carried out, so make sure you have all inclusions in writing on the contract. Even then, things may get dropped or changed. In our case, we had prioritized in the contract to have 3 buffet lines set up for our large group. Instead, they had 2 lines, causing many guests to wait 40-45 minutes be called to the buffet. We were embarrassed & felt horrible seeing everyone sitting there without food late into the reception. This item was simply CHANGED on the contract after the wedding was over. We gave feedback to Sylvan Dale about this and other issues. They have refunded a token $200, but gave no explanation of how this could happen or why it disappeared from the contract. We will assume this was a result of some kind of oversight.

On a positive note, the food was GREAT. It was a beautiful event, but largely due to our eventual decision to hire additional outside wedding workers to help us with all the things Sylvan Dale couldn't do. Sylvan Dale's onsite coordinator tried to be helpful and did what she could to present the "policies" as issues came to light, but it has to be hard to keep up with all of them! Working with this group was a stressful experience, and therefore we'd recommend consideration of other outdoor reception venues.

Congratulations & better luck to you! :)

Sent on 07/05/2011

Kate · Married on 09/21/2018

1.0

Beautiful views, horrible service - not setup for weddings

While the setting is beyond beautiful, the staff is beyond horrendous and it is clear they are not setup to be a wedding venue. While we have incredible pictures because of the backdrop, there are many other venues even just down the road that are more worth your time and money. Sylvan Dale is not worth hosting one of the most memorable days of your life.

Here is what we experienced:
    (1) From the time we signed, which was about a year out, to the day of our wedding we went through 4 "wedding coordinators." Our 4th coordinator we actually met the day of our wedding since our 3rd claimed to be conveniently "sick," while she sat in our office the entirety of our wedding. Also, they played off the resignation of our first two coordinators as if they were just splitting up the workload. After researching, I quickly found out that they had just quit. The fact that this information was conveniently hidden from us leads me to believe that there is a reason they have so much turnover.
    (2) The only reason our wedding went as well as it did is credit to my family for decorating, my incredible DJ - Vance, and our awesome photographer - Heather (Confidence Photography). I owe every ounce of credit to them for keeping us to our schedule and actually making sure the venue did their job. My parents went into our joke of a wedding coordinators office when they were setting up to make her get the things we needed - aka do her job.
    (3) The staff was such a joke that they clearly didn't speak to one another. They had me at the ceremony site before my husband and the groomsmen even arrived. One of our groomsmen actually went to ask because no one told them anything.
    (4) At the end of the ceremony they actually forgot to come back with the golf cart to help transport our remaining guests, bridal party and my husband and I over to the reception site. Our photographer actually ran over to get the cart for us. Clearly they have never held weddings before to notice when the bride and groom are left at the ceremony site.
    (5) When I got to my reception, I noticed they had failed to put out our wedding cake, which had been shoved into one of the disgusting cabins mini fridges because apparently they are unable to accommodate wedding cakes in their fridge. Be forewarned if you intend to have a wedding cake, they are not setup to actually act as a wedding venue to hold one of the key pieces of a wedding.
    (5) The one thing the staff did a little too well is clearing plates and glasses, including glasses that had wine still in them. My dad got up to dance with me at one point and then returned to fine his glass of wine that was full to the brim gone. Not happy to hear when we paid for the alcohol on top of their ridiculous venue fee for basically only a beautiful backdrop of the mountains. This is also after our 3rd coordinator convinced us that we needed to increase how much alcohol we served, just to note we ended up with a ton of beer leftover - thanks Susanne, you clearly know what you are doing in terms of making your clients pay more when you can't even do your job.
    (6) Lastly, one of my straps broke towards the end of the reception, I asked the 4th joke of a coordinator to get a safety pin for me and that was the last time I ever saw her that night - good riddance. Thankfully, the bartender, who was the only staff member who was actually fantastic and truly went above and beyond, he went and got me a safety pin in seconds.

Sylvan Dale has only one thing going for it, it's location. However, if you are looking to get married in Colorado there are a million more incredible spots that I would highly recommend before this place. Sylvan Dale's cabins are run down, you have to pay extra to get ready in them, they are not setup to hold things like wedding cakes, they have a hard time retaining staff, the staff they do have are not competent and they don't really care nor understand that you are spending a large amount of money to host a memorable day for you. Save your time and your money and look elsewhere.

Sent on 02/19/2019

Emily · Married on 09/01/2017

1.0

My best friends wedding was here in September, and the venue itself was gorgeous. But throughout the wedding planning that was meant to be stress-free as their brochure claimed turned into a nightmare. Not only did the original wedding planner leave the company for a family emergency, the lady that took her place over, Christy had no knowledge of wedding events AND she was very rude and pushy. It wasn't about the Bride and Groom's special day, it was more of here you are and here you go.
    THEY did not PLAN for enough food for the ceremony dinner and asked to use leftovers from rehearsal dinner.. Overall my rating would be a .5 of a start only because the location was beautiful! Other than that I wouldnt recommend anyone choosing this place, especially if Christy is still in charge of the "planning"

Sent on 05/16/2018

Ryan · Married on 09/01/2017

0.8
      0.5

The Good:
    The venue was beautiful and in the end we had a very memorable day. The front desk staff were very polite and accommodating. The staff helping set up/clean up after our rehearsal dinner were also polite and accommodating. Christy was also nice enough to allow us on site hours before our ceremony to set up / decorate.

The Bad:
    As a person that makes a living in complex business operations, I would give Sylvan Dale 0 stars if it were an option. What drove us to choose Sylvan Dale were the reviews and the location. There were two key areas that I feel they were well below par in... 1) communication 2)misleading information

1) Communication: Due to circumstances out of their control, our wedding coordinator had to move home to attend to family business. We very much understand that things happen and were compassionate to the situation but what bothered us was the absence of communication. No one contacted us to let us know that the person we spent the last 6 months planning the event was no longer working there. It was through my own communication that we learned of the situation. In my opinion, that is completely unacceptable and a 2 minute phone call would have rectified the situation and put us at ease. We had made multiple trips from Denver to the site to work with our previous coordinator to ensure that the outside vendors (flowers, DJ, etc.) were ready to go. I even flew my wife's mother in on multiple occasions to visit the venue and assist with the planning. When our coordinator left, so did most/all of our wedding plans. Not only were we not contacted of the changes but neither were our vendors (we selected our vendors based on Sylvan Dale's recommendations and existing relationship). Our vendors also complained about the poor handling of the situation. I made multiple attempts to contact the owner of the Ranch to express

Sent on 09/07/2017

Summer · Married on 09/01/2017

0.6
      0.5

Our experience here has been the only disappointing part of the entire wedding. Our coordinator left at the end of the planning process for family emergency, this is no one's fault and could not be avoided. All events that happened after this were unprofessional, and downright wrong. We sent an email to the venue to resolve our issues prior to this review, here are the reasons for 1/2 star. 1. No contact to be informed of our coordinators departure but found out after trying to email her. 2. No consolation that the planning from the prior 8 months would be reviewed, even after multiple requests. 3. The new coordinator given to us was the sales manager and did corporate events. If you want someone to be a polite, warm and an approachable person, Christy Grace is not it. 4. Part of our choosing Sylvandale was for their great reviews and claims made in their brochures, along with our original wedding planner Sarah Campbell. After her departure none of the thing that made our decision were apart of our experience. The statements from their brochure are 100% false in that Sylvandale has the staff that will make your planning/coordination and wedding day stress free. 5. Things were communicated in email stating their completion and then later being said through email that nothing was known about it. 6. Multiple attempts were made through Christy to get in touch with the owners which were blatantly ignored. We had to deny making our final payment before we were able to hear from the owner, whom also gave no understanding. THIS IS BUSINESS, YOUR SITUATION IS NOT OUR FAULT EITHER, WE ARE PAYING CUSTOMERS AND DESERVE THE SAME TREATMENT AS ANY OTHER, IRREGARDLESS! 7. We were asked to use our leftover chicken from our rehearsal dinner the day of the wedding. 8. Guests that knew nothing of our issues called out a rude woman during our wedding whom happened to be Christy. Their word can't be trusted in time of trial! Email summerrvine@gmail with any questions you have.

Sent on 09/04/2017

Stephanie · Married on 06/05/2015

0.4
      0.5

WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!! Everything about working with Sylvan Dale was a disaster. Ge, the events coordinator, takes days to respond to any type of email, she will tell you one thing and then go back on what she said, and make us jump through all sorts of hoops. All the staffing acted like it was a favor for us to get married there. The grounds keepers would yell at you for driving in places, even though there was a road! Lets not forget about all the mice found running around while my reception was taking place! The workers just let the little guy run in the kitchen and say "oh well, it is a ranch". I'm sure you can only imagine what was actually in our food. I would never recommend this venue to anyone, your wedding is supposed to be fun and it was one of the worst experiences of my life

Sent on 06/08/2015

Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch's reply:

As an owner of Sylvan Dale for 69 years, I am greatly distressed by your post. It is unfortunate that you felt your experience with us was not as you had hoped. Our weddings have a 5 star track record under Ge’s care.

Our wish is that the memories of the beauty of Sylvan Dale, the company of your family and friends as well as the special accommodations that were extended by Ge will over-ride the frustrations you expressed.

Following are a series of comments by recent brides expressing their thanks for a job well done.

Sincerely,

Susan Jessup, owner
    Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch

Guest testimonials:

"Ge, I want to tell you what an AMAZING, perfect, magical wedding we had at Sylvan Dale. You were soo so good to us and our family and friends, and I thank you so much. Your staff was lovely, the venue is absolutely beautiful, I just can't thank you enough! I have heard so many compliments about Sylvan Dale since the wedding. Food, atmosphere, experience, you guys truly are special, and I just wanted to share that with you. I will without a doubt recommend you, and what a treasure Jon and I have now to be able to come back to visit and reminisce our special day! Thank you! You just continue to amaze us Ge!"

"Ge, Brad and I cannot say thank you enough for you and all you did to make our wedding a success. We are overjoyed to be married at such an amazing place. We appreciate all of your time and flexibility."

"Ge, Juan and I just wanted to let you know how much we appreciated everything you and your staff did for us to make our special day unforgettable! We are so happy that we chose your venue and we have nothing but great things to say!"

Megan · Married on 07/01/2006

0.0

The ranch is beautiful. The outdoor atmosphere was exactly what we were wanting for our reception. ::cue the tears:: It has been over two years since my wedding and I still am upset with the multiple issues we had with them and the money we wasted. First issue - there was a wedding immediately before our event and basically, we had to kick them out of the space. (This should not have been our job to manage their other weddings!) Then obviously, the space was completely dirty and we had to try and set up while the staff was still cleaning. Bottom line, we didn't get to use the space during our contracted start time. My guests and florist actually helped finish setting up. HOW UTTERLY EMBARRASSING!! During our planning phase, we told the site coordinator that we were having a live band play for the night. Well, during our event, we were actually told to stop playing or have them play quietly for 30 minutes because someone else was getting married across the pond. So, they were shoving weddings into the day as much as possible and it caused issues left and right. We were not told this beforehand. If we were, I could have made plans around it - to have the band stop playing while we did our cake cutting and toasts or something. 4 days before my wedding they called me and asked if I could find other people to cut my cake since they were going to be short staffed. I was appalled - we paid for a space and services and should receive them. Let alone to ask me 4 days before the wedding. Then the worst thing ever... the ENTIRE water system goes out at the ranch during our event. We had no running water. No toilets to use. We rented one of their cabins specifically so elderly folks could have a bathroom to use, & we could have a place to stay and be able to shower the night of. What a waste of $ since that didn't pan out. Because there was no water, we couldn't wash out the troughs that were holding drinks. They told us we had to provide our own ice for the drinks, but told us to plan on buying 10 bags... we really needed about 40-50 so one of the GM had to make a huge ice run. Oh and after we put all the ice in the troughs where they were suppose to go... one of the staff members comes over and tells me that it is broken and will leak. So then we had flooding issues around it. Would have been nice to know that BEFORE the day of, or heck, before we put all the ice in! Our guests had a hard time finding where we were at (I don't blame them with 4 other weddings going on at the same time). We even brought balloons and signs to help. So there wasn't enough parking. We had things stolen while there - the highest item was a camera. We had a smaller reception with close family and friends - so I know my guests would not steal from each other. At about 10pm when the night was over, we gathered our things and decided to drive around to try and find an open hotel so we could have a place to sleep that had running water... how romantic. Luckily, by 10:30 we were notified the water was back on so we didn't have to deal with that stress. But it was long after my event was over.

After all this, we were not refunded a penny. What is worse, is no one ever ONCE gave us an apology. I could have had a better day if I paid the city $100 and used a public park. What a waste of money... this place was not cheap.

I highly suggest if you book this place to ask when and how many other weddings they will be holding that day.

Sent on 09/26/2008

Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch's reply:

Hi Folks,

Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch would like to respond to this very old negative review on the Wedding Wire web site.

This review dates from at least 5 years ago, when our ranch used to do self-service weddings at our location. We found that many families and guests of the bride and groom were unfamiliar with what is required to manage a smooth, well-run wedding when they "did it themselves" and the ranch was often held responsible for mistakes made by the guests.

We have not allowed self-service weddings at our ranch for the past 5 years. Now, all of our weddings have a Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch wedding coordinator present to ensure a successful, enjoyable and memorable event for the bride and groom, their families and friends.

We would appreciate if Wedding Wire visitors would review our web site, www.sylvandale.com, for our current wedding offerings and call our wedding coordinator so we can work with you to make your wedding dreams come true.

Find out why we have been voted the Number One "Best Place to Get Married" in Loveland four years in a row! This was determined by write-in votes from readers of our local Loveland Reporter-Herald newspaper.

Best regards,