Sycamore Hills Golf Club Reviews

39 | Macomb, MI

39 Reviews for Sycamore Hills Golf Club

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• User5195301 · 2+ years ago

We absolutely loved our wedding reception at Sycamore Hills. Prior to the reception the staff was excellent with the planning. All of our guests absolutely raved about the food. The golf course has some lovely locations to take pictures as well.

Sent on 07/26/2015

Kaylee · Married on 03/07/2015

Sycamore Hills was a great venue for our reception! We had our wedding during the off-season and they offered a great rate! The staff was very flexible with us as our numbers kept rising and were able to accommodate all of our guests. Everyone enjoyed the food. We especially heard rave reviews about the Eggplant Parmesan from the vegetarians! The kids meal was a large portion at a bargain price for our younger guests. The banquet hall has an amazing view over-looking the golf course. And even in the winter it was beautiful.

Sent on 03/26/2015

We had a a morning wedding/brunch and everything was perfect. They allowed me to change the menu around a little and I couldn't have been happier - especially for the price. I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

Sent on 08/30/2012
  • User2621952 · 2+ years ago

My husband and I couldn't be happier with how well our wedding turned out at Sycamore Hills. Not only was the service top notch, they were very flexible, the chef customized a menu consisting of both Italian and traditional Mexican food to accommodate both of our families. The food was amazing. In addition, Julie, the event coordinator, assisted me throughout the planning process and even helped me find a photographer and videographer. Both of her recommended vendors were fantastic! My only advice is it can be a little difficult to get a hold of the coordinators because they are so busy, so I recommend calling instead of emailing them. While the venue was pricier than I originally had budgeted for, it was worth every penny!

Sent on 08/27/2012

Jerica · Married on 04/18/2015

Sycamore Hills has been amazing at helping me plan an out of state wedding. Julie, the coordinator/ contact person has been so helpful. She has set up appointments with me to discuss the location, taste test the food, and pick out linen options based on the dates that I would be in the state. She also responds to emails very quickly. She did forget/ lose one email I sent but everyone makes mistakes. She had linen samples sent to my home so I could use them to pick out my dresses and Tuxes. They also have very reasonable all inclusive dinner, dessert, linen, and alcohol packages. They are flexible with adding and taking away things from the packages based on what you need. The food that I taste tested was amazing and they even recommend other vendors they have worked with.

Sent on 09/28/2014
  • katie

katie · Married on 10/03/2015

Our wedding was everything we hoped for and more! The service here was on point and Julie made sure everything was going great! We couldn't have asked for a better place to get married! Our guests loved all the food and our bartender! I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Alexandria · Married on 06/08/2013

Julie at Sycamore is so wonderful! Sycamore accommodated us, and made us pick them and cancel on the place we had originally picked! I am so glad, because I wanted to golf course for our beautiful pictures! Everything there was perfect, we even had our shower there! I loved the staff at sycamore! the only complaint that I received from guests was that the food wasn't very hot, it was more room temperature but other than that, everything was perfect! Thank you so much for going above and beyond to help us out with everything!

Sent on 08/02/2013

Karen · event on 11/15/2012

Loved working with Julie, Dorothy and their crew!!

Sent on 08/15/2013
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 10/16/2010

We had our wedding at Sycamore Hills and it was beautiful. The food was amazing and the wait staff was wonderful. They even had golf carts waiting as the bridal party arrived to take us out on the course for pictures. The banquet hall itself is so pretty with all of the windows that look out onto the golf course. The managers that were there on the night of were very attentive to our needs. The only small complaint I have is that, sometimes it was difficult to get a response back to e-mails from one of the event coordinators. I would say it's best to call instead of e-mail. Even so, everything worked out the way we had hoped it would. I even did my own centerpieces and brought a bunch of bins in for them the day before. They are willing to set them up for you and the centerpieces and decor I had given looked great. Overall, we were very happy with how our wedding at Sycamore turned out! It's a beautiful place!!

Sent on 10/23/2010

Nichole · Married on 04/19/2008

The food on the day of the wedding was 100 times better than the food at the tastings. We were very impressed the day of!

Sent on 05/09/2008
  • ECUEena0605

Erin · Married on 04/11/2008

They were definitely on top of their game! The food was excellent and so was the service.

Sent on 04/29/2008

Michele · Married on 07/01/2011

Great food!! Beautiful scene! Fantastic bar staff!

Sent on 07/19/2011
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 06/23/2012

Great experience! We had our ceremony at our venue. Everything turned out amazing. Our guests couldn't stop talking about the food and they were generous with our drinks.

Sent on 07/16/2012

4.2

Had a wonderful time planning our wedding at Sycamore Hills. Julie O'Neill made the planning process so easy. She's friendly with many of the other local vendors we used, so we had very little to worry about. The only thing that I wish was a little smoother was our cocktail hour. I didn't see many of the finger foods or cocktails that we had ordered, being passed around. And the crudites were just on a white table in the corner. Would've loved a little more presentation! Other than that, everything went wonderfully. I wish we could live the day all over again! I recommend spending the extra money, and having the hall all to yourself, if you're able. (As of mid-2011, ,inimum $15k to book the entire place.)

Sent on 10/16/2013