Swoone Beauty Reviews

87 | Dallas, TX

87 Reviews for Swoone Beauty

Worked with Karla twice this year: first as a bridesmaid and then as a bride. She was very professional both times and easy to work with. Karla took her time with each application (five ladies on my wedding day), not stopping until she thought we were perfect! She clearly understands skin and makeup, applying it so it's light on the face. I never wear makeup but felt very comfortable at both events. Would highly recommend Karla for your wedding day or other special event!

Sent on 12/06/2012

Kristen · Married on 11/04/2012

I hired Karla as the make-up artist for my wedding after seeing and experiencing her work as a bridesmaid in my best friends wedding earlier in the year. Not only was my make-up perfect, but it stayed that way for the entire day and I even went out and bought some of the colors/tools I saw her use because I was so happy with how I looked. When it came to my wedding, I still went ahead and had a full make-up trial with Karla at her studio even though she'd already done my make-up once. She tried a few different ideas/colors for me, and was very helpful and professional during the entire process. She was responsive and flexible throughout the entire planning process, and really put me at ease- I didn't feel like I had to worry about anything when it came to the make-up. We had to do make-up for 4 bridesmaids, 2 moms, and myself before the wedding, so Karla even brought an assistant with her to prep everyone's face for airbrushing. She and her assistant worked really well together, were so sweet, and were very efficient. She is meticulous when it comes to small details, and it totally pays off- everyone looked fantastic! Karla made me and my bridesmaids feel so beautiful and I would hire her again in a heartbeat! I'd be happy to recommend Karla to any friends or family members in need of the perfect makeup artist =)

Sent on 12/26/2012

Karla is an INCREDIBLE artist!!!! It was such a pleasure to work with someone who knew what they were doing. She was super punctual and very respectful!! She is someone I would DEFINITELY recommend to my friends and family!

Sent on 10/22/2012

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2012

Karla was great to work with. I'm generally don't wear much makeup, and she created a look for me that looked like me...but better! :) I loved the color palette she used, as well as the airbrush makeup. If only I had a makeup artist every day...
    She is a very calming presence, which I definitely appreciated in those final hours leading up to the wedding. My bridesmaids really seemed to enjoy working with her as well.
    My only tiny critique would be that at our trial she had said she would provide the bride with a the lipstick in the shade she had used for the day of the wedding, but she did not, so I would just clarify that. Otherwise, completely happy w/Karla's artistry.

Sent on 11/10/2012
  • Stacy

Stacy · Married on 09/22/2012

Karla is amazing!! This woman was available to me whenever I needed her, from details to trials to engagements shoots to staying with me until I literally saw my husband! Every single person I have showed my photo to has said that I have never looked better! Thank you so much Karla!

Sent on 10/29/2012

Mandy · Married on 09/22/2012

Karla is a dream to work with! She is incredibly responsive through email and phone and she does absolutely beautiful work with bridal makeup - both regular and airbrushed makeup. She is a true artist!! Thank you so much for your work, Karla! You absolutely made the day!

Sent on 12/06/2012

A few weeks ago, Karla and her assistant came to my father's house to do makeup for my wedding. I could not have been more happy!! Karla is such a talented artist and made me feel and look just how I had envisioned for my wedding day. My bridesmaids, my mother and MOG looked amazing and felt so beautiful!! For myself, I felt so good in my skin and was soo happy. Everything from the airbrush to eyes and lips were perfect.If you are in need for a makeup artist for your wedding day or any other event in your life or know of someone that is in need, call her up! Karla is a wonderful, warm, and talented person!! I wish I could get married again so she could do my makeup one more time!!!!

Sent on 10/03/2012

Karla was great! I absolutely loved my make up!

Sent on 12/16/2012

Lynette · Married on 08/04/2012

Karla is an amazing makeup artist and I would HIGHLY recommend her services! It was easy to set up a trial, and it was truly a trial in that she tried different things and paid close attention to what i liked and didn't like. The day of my wedding Karla did my makeup as well as 4 of my bridesmaids herself - and she made it seem so effortless. She is a perfectionist and spent as much time as she needed with each girl, while keeping to the schedule. Her technique of bringing out the natural beauty of each girl is incredible, and I felt like the most beautiful girl in the world when she was done with me. Karla was so calm the entire morning, even helping me work through my nerves, and helping me to avoid tears and ruining her work before I even left the hotel room! I couldn't have asked for anything more and would definitely recommend Karla to anyone!!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Andrea · Married on 07/27/2012

Karla is incredible. She made me feel so relaxed on my big day knowing that she was going to make me look stunning! She is incredibly talented and even came to my home the morning of the wedding do do everyones make up. I highly recommend Karla if you are getting married in MA :)

Sent on 08/31/2012

Heidi · Married on 07/16/2012

Karla is so amazing to work with! I was very nervous about my wedding makeup because I wear makeup on a daily basis, and I wanted to look more special for my wedding, but not too dramatic. Karla found the perfect balance! Everyone was complimenting me on my makeup from the beginning of the ceremony until the after party! My makeup stayed very fresh looking and in place, even though it was 98 degrees and humid during our outdoor pictures. I was so relieved that it didn't melt off! Karla has such a sweet, caring, patient personality. I always felt comfortable with her, and she was always willing to answer my questions and offer suggestions. Karla truly is fabulous at what she does! Working with Karla was one of the best wedding decisions I made!! :-)

Sent on 08/19/2012

Bardalis · event on: 06/23/2012

Karla was amazing! She took exactly what I knew I wanted in my head and made it even better! Her work is clean, classy and very professional. The airbrush makeup was flawless and covered all my acne. It stayed on all night and looked even better as the night went on. Thank you sooooo much Karla for making me look and feel so amazing for my very special birthday! Karla is just AMAZING!

Sent on 06/25/2012

I had a truly wonderful experience with Karla! Upon first meeting Karla for my makeup consultation, I was put completely at ease and felt the same way on my wedding day. My makeup was carefully and thoughtfully applied, using only the best products, and lasted all day - even through the tears! Karla’s flawless application and use of airbrushing allowed me to have a fresh bridal look that was natural and still looked like me, only better. Karla’s calm, sweet demeanor put my bridal party at ease and allowed everyone to feel pampered, comfortable and confident in their appearance. I highly recommend Karla!

Sent on 07/30/2012

Jamie · Married on 06/16/2012

Karla was great, she was professional and on time and kept us all on schedule. My make up along with my bridal parties stayed on ALL night! It looked so natural and I looked like me, which was important to me on my wedding day. The make up photographed so well and did not look "hard" or too dark. Thank you Karla for making me look beautiful on my wedding day!

• Frances

Frances · Married on 06/09/2012

Karla was AMAZING to work with. I was planning my wedding from across the country and she worked with my crazy schedule and a plane delay to get my trial run done! I can't tell you how many compliments I received during the wedding day and already some of my friends who will be getting married soon have asked me for her name! My mother who rarely ever wears makeup was nervous about being too done up, but Karla did a fantasic job to make sure she loved and felt comfortable w/ her makeup!

Kathy · Married on 05/27/2012

Karla did our make up for my daughter's wedding. Karla is very talented at making us all beautiful. She has a light hand so her air brush technique along with her eye color choices made us all look very beautiful and natural. No one looked like heavy makeup. She has the tallent to make you look dramatic if you wish but we all requested to look natural. I am the mother of the bride and was wonderfully delighted with the natural colors that enhanced but did not over power. Even the lip color was perfect and youthful in the pictures. Karla applied eyelashes on my daughter (the bride) and that was a nice added enhancement. ALSO, Karla is very easy going which was perfect for the wedding day. Her temperment was so plesant. Several of the brides Aunts (age 45-55) who stopped in to visit the make up room requested that if Karla had time they would like her to air brush them. These Aunts wear make up every single day but they recognized Karla talent. Karla said "sure after I finished the bridal party". Everyone was very pleased.

• I

Irma · Married on 05/26/2012

Karla was amazing! She did a wonderful and beautiful job on my wedding day! All of guest commented on her great work! She captures natural beauty and at the same time knows how to highlight your best features! Not only is she very talented she is also very professional and calm. I highly recommend Karla, She is AMAZING!!! Irma xoxoxo!

Sent on 05/29/2012

Amy · Married on 05/19/2012

Karla is AMAZING! She's professional, sweet, provides great service & value, but most importantly listens to what you want. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for great makeup services. And her skills with lashes are out of this world. After I was done and looked in the mirror I was amazed and so so happy at how much I still looked like myself -- just prettier :) Exactly what I wanted for my wedding day. Plus she let me keep this amazing lip color that I used all night and i'm still using now. She totally knew what look I was going for and made the whole thing come together perfectly. THANK YOU KARLA!

Sent on 05/29/2012

christine · Married on 04/28/2012

Karla did an amazing job! She did the makeup for myself, 6 BM and both mothers. All of our makeup came out flawless and lasted all night! She was very quick and we were all done within 4 hours! Karla is very talented and I would highly reccommend her to everyone!

Sent on 05/22/2012

Karalyn · Married on 03/31/2012

Karla is FANTASTIC! She is a perfectionist, and one of the sweetest, calmest people I have ever encountered. She was incredibly flexible with timelines, trials, and changes. My trial was the week before my wedding, and she really tried to understand the dynamic the day of, as well as what, specifically, I wanted. She took her time and made sure I liked, and we agreed upon every aspect of the makeup. Her pricing for the junior bridesmaids is phenomenal, and allowed me to provide a unique service to my niece and allowed her to feel special. THANK YOU KARLA for that! The day of my wedding, I may have been stressing... just a bit…. Karla not only helped me breathe, but also played the role of counselor in helping me put everything in perspective. She was the Zen I needed in the midst of PURE chaos. She is the one who calmed me down, and prepped not only my makeup, but my mindset for the rest of the day. I am so happy I found her, and used her for my, my mothers, and my bridesmaids makeup the day of my wedding. You rock!

Sent on 05/14/2012

Christina · Married on 03/24/2012

Karla was great! She was on time, well prepared and clearly a pro. I got tons of compliments on my makeup all day on my wedding day. She finished at 1030am, when I crashed at 11pm that night, my makeup still looked flawless!

Sent on 04/20/2012

Toyya · Married on 11/05/2011

My initial make-up artist moved out of state without telling me, but recommended me to Karla. She was not only super responsive (responded in a few hours), but we were able to set-up a last minute trial. When she was done my face looked fantastic. Nevertheless, she was still completely accommodating to what you would like (as I wanted a slight change for the day of and she did EXACTLY want I wanted). She also was SUPER nice and helpful (i.e. I wanted to buy the lipstick she used. She answered her cell off hours and was really nice about it). I can't stress enough how perfect my make-up was, and how many compliments I got! Lastly, in addition to her great work, she has a really friendly personality. She will make you feel comfortable right away. I liked her so much that I am doing personal make-up classes with her.

Sent on 11/30/2011

Sushama · Married on 09/17/2011

Karla was a wonderful find for my wedding makeup! First, she is on time and very responsive to emails/questions which goes a long way to making the pre wedding planning stress free. The day of the wedding she was a calm presence during a time when a million things are going on in your head and around you. She did an amazing job with the makeup, gave me exactly what I asked for. During the trial she was prepared to play around with a few colors/ideas and very willing to adjust if you want to change something about the look. Karla was professional, did a great job and her charges are totally reasonable. I am already recommending her to my friends!

Sent on 11/04/2011

Nikki · Married on 09/10/2011

Karla was an absolute sweetheart. She was professional and so fun to work with. After the trial run, I was so confident having her beautify me on my wedding day. She not only made me feel extremely relaxed and calm, but she made me feel like a beautiful bride. My make-up was flawless. She also did makeup for my mom and sister. They were gorgeous! Karla is a true artist! I can't thank her enough!

Sent on 10/02/2011

Tina · Married on 09/03/2011

Karla was absolutely amazing! Not only did I connect with her right away during my consultation, but she was so incredibly flexible when I needed to change the time for her to come on the appointment at the last minute. She did an outstanding job and literally throughout the night at the event, I had guests commenting about how my makeup looked fresh and did not budge an inch by the end of the night - they were jealous!
    I HIGHLY recommend Karla to anyone and definitely plan to use her for future events even though my wedding is over!

Sent on 09/10/2011