Swiss Haus Bakery Reviews

9 | Philadelphia, PA

9 Reviews for Swiss Haus Bakery

My husband and I can't thank them enough. They delivered our cake in perfect condition despite a long traveling distance. The cake was beautifully decorated and tasted absolutely delicious. This bakery is truly one of a kind!

J · Married on 03/21/2015

Donna at Swiss Haus created the most beautiful and DELICIOUS cake for my wedding reception that I could ever have imagined. The cake was so good, that my friends and family who are not typically "cake eaters" cleaned their plates, and several asked if there was any left-over cake that they could bring home! I came to Donna with pretty much no idea of what I wanted, and she essentially designed the entire cake (which was waaaaaay more amazing than anything I could have ever thought of myself!), and guided me with my flavor selection. I chose a three-tiered poundcake with varying flavors by tier. Before tasting the poundcake from Swiss Haus, I was never really crazy about poundcake, and thought the idea of it seemed a bit dated, but Donna's poundcake totally blew me away. This is not a Sara Lee poundcake! It was light, fresh, and very flavorful. I had such a great experience with Donna at Swiss Haus, I will certainly be back for my next event!

The Swiss Haus creates great tasting cakes first and foremost above just design. They have been my family's go to baker for 30+ years because of the distinct taste of their cakes. I chose a simple white 3 tier rum cake with swiss dots. My florist created flowers for the cake. The cake was classic and delicious plus those in the know recognized the flavor!

steadman · Married on 01/29/2012

This is the best place in Philly This place is the best. Everything they make is from scratch. No boxed mixes here and you can taste the difference. My bridal cake was made exactly like how I wanted it from the picture. The had so many different flavors that were sooo good I couldn't choose just one so each layer had different fillings and flavors. My bridal party loved it. I recommend going here for a delicious and quality cake!!

Shiho · Married on 10/10/2009

We went to three bakeries for the cake tasting, and although we had a great time with all three of them, Swiss Haus definitely had the best tasting cake, which was the most important for us. The sponge was soft and melting in the mouth, and the butter cream was not heavy. Donna was really a cheerful and nice person. The cake turned out to be beautiful, the design was perfectly faithful to the pictures we've provided. We're very satisfied.

Alicia · Married on 11/13/2015

My husband and I do not really eat cake. We were having a baseball-themed wedding, so we decided to have an ice cream sundae bar using the helmet cups that you receive at the baseball stadium.

To keep with tradition, we decided we would get a small cake to cut and a sheet cake for our guests. And I knew that the only option was the Red Velvet cake from Swiss Haus bakery. It is the best red velvet cake I've ever eaten, right down to the cream cheese icing.

And even better than the taste of our cake was the adorable design by Donna on our two-tier "cutting cake." I had seen a white cake that featured a baseball seam design with a heart around the outside of the cake on Pinterest, and I knew that was the design I wanted. Donna made my dream a reality, and our guests loved it.

I will continue to patronize Swiss Haus for their baked goods, and I would definitely recommend their delicious and beautiful wedding cakes!

Lauren · Married on 08/10/2013

I came to Dana- the head baker at Swiss Haus- with a slightly odd request- my husband and I met while rock climbing so we wanted a wedding cake that had a mountain top on the top with rock climbers climbing up the cake. Once I sent Dana the cake toppers (which were two wire rock climbers that attached to the side of the cake) she said she had a vision for the cake. I gave her free reign to do what she please. The cake was amazing- it was a traditional 3 tier cake with white butter cream, swiss dots, and then a fondant mountain top in which the cake toppers were attached to. Not only did the cake look amazing, but it tasted amazing too! Oh, and it was less than $200!

• Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 07/03/2011

My husband and I tasted cake from 2 bakeries and chose Swiss Haus based on the cake taste and quality. Their hazelnut cake it what they are known for, and it is delicious. We got a 4 tier cake with different flavors on each layer - the red velvet on top was my favorite. We got tons of compliments on the cake, both the design and the taste. My only gripe was that we had to pick up the cake ourselves (because it was a holiday weekend), which is not something you generally want to deal with during your wedding weekend.

Christy · Married on 06/13/2009

There is no cake that compares to Swiss Haus'! We were on a tight budget and ordered a 2 teir plain cake and decorated it with sugar flowers myself as Swiss Haus decorates mostly by hand