Sweetwater Strings Reviews

Sweetwater Strings 2
Sweetwater Strings 3
Sweetwater Strings 4

Kelly · Married on 02/27/2010

I wholeheartedly provide Sweetwater Strings 5 stars for playing at my wedding in February. Not only did they play beautiful music, they were incredibly accomodating for the special music request that we had, and very responsive via e-mail. I would recommend them to any of my friends who are getting married in the future. They were even willing to travel to Tucson to play at my wedding. I can't say enough good things about them, and were wonderful with the guests at the wedding as well. They were even willing to allow my 3 year old niece to look closer at their instruments - incredible. I received so many compliments on their music.

Sent on 09/13/2010

Mike · Married on 02/26/2010

The guitarist who played for my wedding and cocktail hour was amazing! It was the perfect atmosphere for both portions of my wedding- the ceremony music was hauntingly beautiful and the guests told me that the jazz he played during cocktails was upbeat and fun. They were more affordable than most other groups I inquired from. I would recommend them to any couple!

Sent on 02/28/2010

Lizzie · Married on 01/09/2010

My husband and I could not have been happier with the service that Sweetwater Strings provided for us. We used a string quartet for our wedding and everything was perfect. My husband is a music major and had some pretty specific and difficult music requests and Sweetwater Strings was more then willing to work with us to accomplish these goals. Sweetwater Strings went out of their way to work with us and contact us with special circumstances while we were finishing school out of town and even planned a personal one-on-one meeting to discuss our specific individual contract. Sweetwater Strings contacted us a few days before the wedding just to touch base one final time. On the wedding day Sweetwater Strings was very punctual and were very organized as to what they needed so as to help keep everything running smoothly. During the ceremony the quartet did a great job following the flow of things. Many of the guests gave compliments to my husband and I afterwords based on the overall aura that their music provided to the ceremony. They truly made the day very special for everyone. My husband and I would highly recommend Sweetwater Strings to anyone planning an event. They far exceeded our expectations and we would use them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/15/2010

Jayne · Married on 11/07/2009

Eily played beautifully. Everyone commented how wonderful she was. Even when there was a delay while we waited for guests to arrive, she kept on playing her violin. I would highly recommend Sweetwater Strings.

Sent on 02/16/2010

Lauren · Married on 10/24/2009

My wedding ceremony was everything I dreamed it would be and I think it was mostly because of the music performed by Eily and her partner on the guitar. They really made it all happen and I will be forever grateful for it. I will never forget that day and the music!!! A huge thank you to Sweetwater Strings!!

Sent on 01/27/2010

Katie · Married on 06/19/2009

Sweetwater Strings (Eily) provided the most beautiful ceremony and cocktail hour music we could have imagined. We received so many compliments on the music (violin)- it really made the ceremony so elegant and classy. Eily was very professional and responsive, played beautiful classical music and old hymns that really made our wedding ceremony so special for us. Thank you Eily! We HIGHLY recommend Sweetwater Strings!
    -Jeff & Katie Harrison
    June 2009

Sent on 06/22/2009

Holly · Married on 06/07/2009

My wedding was June '09, Sweetwater Strings played for my ceremony and had a string trio. They did exactly what I wanted and sounded sooo beautiful!! Everyone commented on how great they were. They are very professional and so talented. I would definitely recommend them! :)

Sent on 06/18/2009

Ryan · Married on 05/11/2014

The group was great to work. The music was wonderful and much better than any pre-recorded music could provide.

I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 12/19/2014

Meredith · Married on 05/16/2009

I used Sweetwater Strings for my wedding in May 2009. I thought they did an amazing job with the music. My guests also commented on how wonderful the music was. I thought they were extremely professional. During the planning process for the wedding, I had no problems getting in touch with the company. It was very easy to communicate via emails and a few telephone calls. It was well worth the money to have have live, beautiful ceremony music at my wedding. I would recommend Sweetwater Strings to everyone.
    Thanks for a great job:)

Sent on 06/13/2009

Elvia · Married on 11/23/2013

Sweet water plays instruments lovely. I highly recommend them. Thank you for making my wedding ceremony unforgettable

Sent on 11/26/2013

Hilary · Married on 08/08/2009

Sweetwater violinist, Eily, performed at my ceremony. She did an excellent job. She has a number of songs to choose from; I made a list of what I wanted to hear and she followed my requests. Her music was beautiful and my husband and I received so many compliments from our guests about how "classy" the ceremony music was. It seemed to me to be a small element to have, but having a violinist really added something special to our wedding. Eily even came early to speak with the church coordinator, and was always professional whenever I spoke with her. I would definitely recommend Sweetwater Strings.

Sent on 08/24/2009

Sarah · Married on 06/20/2009

Sweetwater Strings was very easy to work with and get a hold of during the planning process. They have a large number of songs in their repertoire, which they play beautifully. I had a violin duo play, and they were also more than willing to accommodate and learn special requests for the wedding. Considering the affordability of their pricing, how easy they were to get in touch with and how beautifully they play, I would definitely recommend them to other people.

Sent on 07/01/2009

Nicole · Married on 05/30/2009

Sweetwater Strings was wonderful to work with! They made our wedding so special-they were on punctual, professional and timed their music just perfectly according to the timeline of our ceremony and reception. They also were very accomodating to our music requests, but played a great mix of contemporary and classical songs. We also really liked them as people, as well as admiring their talent as musicians. They were very competitively priced and well worth the money. We would recommend them to anyone we know having a wedding or special event!

Sent on 06/20/2009

Amy · Married on 02/20/2011

Eily was very responsive to our music selection requests. We needed very specific types of music for the ceremony and she was able to provide that. She was pleasant and easy to work with although a little difficult to communicate with other than through email.

Sent on 03/18/2011

mike · Married on 03/27/2009

The owner was very good to me, due to the an issue. The violinist was great, wish should would have been there before the wedding. The prices are great and I think the over really good.

Sent on 06/17/2009

Alison · Married on 03/28/2009

3.6
      3.0
      3.5
      3.5

We used two violins from Sweetwater Strings for our ceremony. The musicians were on-time and easy to work with. The group could have been a little more responsive in advance during our booking discussions - but nothing terrible (and the price and contract were reasonable). The music sounded very nice on the day.

Sent on 06/11/2009
  • W

wayne · Married on 05/09/2010

0.0

Did not show. My wife called and left her number. This place called back. Our wedding required them to travel so they needed to know the location to know what to charge. We paid and my wife mailed the contract. Come the day of the wedding no one showed. We called and left messages but no answer. Our wedding started 2 hours late waiting for someone to show. I received an email from them 2 days later. She claimed she didn't know where to go and that she didn't have a number to reach us. So she took our money but wasn't smart enough to write the information down. She also claimed that she was driving to us but her phone died. Why she is driving around without a charger or smart enough to buy a charger at any gas station is beyond me. Ladies and gentlemen, if you want your wedding to have music then you're better off playing music from your phone than hiring these unprofessional people.

Sent on 07/02/2013

Sweetwater Strings's reply:

Unfortunately, due to a miscommunication between the couple the contract was never mailed for this event and therefore never booked. Without a signed contract, Sweetwater Strings has no access to important information such as contact numbers, venue and email addresses, etc. and therefore cannot provide services. In this case the client did not provide a contract or respond to emails up to the event date and was refunded the deposit in full. Please note that sending a deposit alone does not secure your event date, and a signed contract is required.