Sweetwater Strings Reviews

Sweetwater Strings 3
Sweetwater Strings 4
  • Maryem

Maryem · Married on 04/26/2015

Everyone at our wedding loved them! We (bride and groom) unfortunately didn't get to experience to much just the ceremony, which add a touch of elegance and beauty to our amazing day, but we did have them play for cocktail hour and everyone loved them! Can't wait till we get our video so we can relive it again!

Sent on 05/03/2015

Shannon · Married on 03/22/2015

I hired Sweetwater Strings after reading their reviews on wedding wire and I am so glad I did. Eily was great to work with. They played exactly what I asked for and did a beautiful job during the ceremony. I also had them play during our cocktail hour and heard a lot of compliments on them. I didn't get to make it to the cocktail hour so my only regret is that I didn't get to hear them play more.

Sent on 04/04/2015

Pamela · Married on 03/13/2015

I arranged for Sweetwater Strings (a quartet) to play at my son's wedding. I can honestly say it was beautiful. It captured the atmosphere perfectly which I believe recorded music can not. Everyone who attended commented how good it was. A very professional company to deal with.

Sent on 04/09/2015

Kristin · Married on 11/22/2014

They were absolutely wonderful for our ceremony! It was the perfect setting. They even played with some family members who brought their own instruments.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Alison · Married on 10/10/2014

Sweetwater Strings was the perfect choice for our wedding ceremony at L'Auberge in Sedona, AZ. The musicians were amazing and they even fulfilled a special request with very little notice!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Carlie · Married on 07/18/2014

Elevate Your Wedding Experience with Live Music

Sweetwater Strings was a fabulous addition to the wedding day! Not only are they incredibly talented, they are a joy to work with. There is something about live music that creates an experience for everyone in the space. I highly recommend Sweetwater Strings for your wedding or next event!

Sent on 11/24/2019

Sweetwater Strings's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us- it is truly such a gift to any business! Best wishes to you both!

Eily was so easy to get in touch with - she would respond to emails immediately. We requested a song that was not on their repertoire and they were happy to learn it. We had them for our ceremony and through cocktail hour and they were wonderful! We received so many compliments from our guests about how good their music was. I would highly recommend Sweetwater Strings!

Sent on 07/07/2014

D. · Married on 11/03/2013

Highly recommend Sweetwater Strings. They were quick to respond to emails and were a breeze to work with. The music sounded beautiful. For a reasonable fee, they adapted two new songs not in their repertoire, but which were important to us. I especially liked it that their prices and music selections are posted on their website.

Sent on 11/12/2013

Kelsey · Married on 10/12/2013

We booked a quartet for our October wedding and it was amazing! They played so beautifully and made the ceremony so romantic! I would recommend Sweetwater Strings to anyone!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Alicia · Married on 09/28/2013

Sweetwater strings helped make my big day perfect. The music was just wonderful. It was a perfect fit for the day. They added to the elegance and charm I was going for. They are such great musicians. I liked them so much I had to have them not only play for my wedding ceremony but our cocktail hour as well. Worth every penny. They helped make my day perfect, romantic and magical. Thank you for playing at my wedding.

Sent on 11/01/2013

Jennifer · Married on 08/30/2013

Beautiful music and very easy to work with. We loved the ambiance the string music provided.

Sent on 12/01/2013

Sarah · Married on 07/06/2013

I found Sweetwater Strings while searching for ceremony music in/around Phoenix. Their website is awesome -- it provides many samples of their work across all of the different instruments they have available. They were very quick to respond to my emails, and were great with suggestions for instrumentation based on the size of our wedding. We had a small wedding and ended up with a violin and cello duo. They were incredibly professional, and obviously had done many weddings before. I, the neurotic bride, had everything about the ceremony planned to the last letter, but I shouldn't have worried -- our musicians knew exactly what they were doing and when.

I know this is most likely the case with most brides, but my only regret is that as the bride I barely got to hear them! Our processional and recessional that I DID get to hear were beautiful, and I've had many compliments from guests that the rest of the ceremony as well and the pre- and postludes they played were lovely. They were easy to work with, showed up punctually, and did a beautiful job.

Sent on 07/28/2013

Anne · Married on 07/06/2013

The violin and guitar duo created a perfect tone for our outdoors wedding. Eily made everything easy from picking the music to arranging the contract. Our wedding was in Arizona, but we were from Oklahoma, and I thought it might be hard trying to arrange everything from several states over. This could not have been easier and there were no last minute hassles to be dealt with. Wonderful timing and music.

Sent on 08/11/2013

Michelle · Married on 05/04/2013

I used Sweetwater Strings for my wedding ceremony and they were wonderful! They were so professional and easy to work with. They dressed for professionally and for a wedding and played beautiful music. They were a wonderful value and did a great job! Would definitely recommend them

Sent on 05/23/2013

Barbara · Married on 03/21/2013

This was one of the best parts of our service! The violin music was beautiful and personal making people feel like they were enjoying a much more expensive, custom service. It was less expensive than paying the restaurant for a Sound system, but was TEN times better than plugging in an iPod. It was easy to communicate with Eliy via email to plan the wedding from afar, but she was right there on time and played throughout the agreed to time, generating more positive comments from my guests than anything else. Thank you Eily!!!!!!

Sent on 05/02/2013

Brynann · Married on 03/16/2013

Sweetwater Strings was such a great choice for our wedding day. I would recommend them to any bride looking for great musicians and exceptional service!

Sent on 05/03/2013
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 01/19/2013

I cannot recommend Sweetwater Strings enough! We had the guitar/violin duo for our ceremony and cocktail hour at the Secret Garden. My husband is very particular about music. He is a musician himself, so when we found the guitar/violin duo we were looking for, he was very excited. He wanted to write his own music for part of the ceremony, and Sweetwater Strings allowed him to do that and played it PERFECTLY! He was so happy. The only thing I regret is not having a videographer so I could have heard the music myself. I did hear them play the Bridal March, and it sounded wonderful. My husband is also Chinese, and we requested a Chinese traditional song for the tea ceremony. Since both of our musicians also happened to be Chinese, they were able to recommend a beautiful song that was very fitting for that part of the ceremony. They are the best- I promise!

Sent on 01/28/2013

Barbara · Married on 01/19/2013

This review is long over due. As with most brides, I had to work with a strict STRICT budget. I had a very informal wedding over at Papago Park and Sweetwater Strings upheld the class of it all!

Something goes wrong at every wedding and I was no exception. A good wedding band/musicians will play good music. An EXCEPTIONAL wedding band/musician will not only play good music but know how to "go with the flow"- this was the case with Sweetwater Strings. My wedding started an hour late and the whole structure of the reception got mixed up but they held it all together and made such a classy ambiance for my guests.

They were charming, presentable, kind, and affordable. God bless these people!! I had a violinist and guitarist - worked wonderfully.

Thank you, Sweetwater Strings!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 05/14/2013

Tania · Married on 11/17/2012

Eily was very flexible, and super easy to work with. She played for our ceremony and cocktail hour, it was very nice and would recommend her in a second! thank you!!!

Sent on 11/28/2012

We used Sweetwater Strings for our wedding ceremony and cocktail reception music. Eily was very friendly with booking and flexible with our music options. We had a string trio and used mostly traditional music for the ceremony (we threw in Stairway to Heaven during the unity candle ceremony) and then modern pieces for our cocktail reception. It was very cool to be able to incorporate the music we like into soft, enjoyable music for our guests.

Sent on 06/06/2013
  • User2719919 · 2+ years ago

We used the Spanish guitarist for our wedding ceremony music and it was so beautiful. They were very accommodating and easy to work with, even with only a weeks notice of the wedding.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Alyssa · Married on 10/06/2012

Sweetwater Strings is an awesome company. My friend had a violinist play for her wedding and he was so great that I too used to company for my wedding. I had music not listed in the website and the Eily was very flexible and accommodated all my requests. Eily was great at making sure everything was in place for my big day. The violinist was very professional and she did an AWESOME job during my ceremony! I would recommend this company to anyone and the prices are great! Thank you so much for the exceptional service provided.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Norra · Married on 09/02/2012

Eily with Sweetwater Strings was our violin soloist. I unfortunately didn't get the chance to meet her (and didn't see her at the ceremony - was too nervous to look around!) but I could hear her and she was amazing. Having her at the ceremony and during the cocktail hour provided just the right touch of class to make our wedding so much more amazing.

Sent on 09/05/2012

We had Eily play for our ceremony and cocktail hour. She played a wonderful mix of celtic and traditional music (my husband is Irish). She was very flexible and professional. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/16/2012

Kimberly · Married on 05/12/2012

We chose to have a guitarist for our ceremony and I am so happy that we did. Marc did such a wonderful job, and the music was great! I can't wait to see our video and hear it all over again. The only issue we had was a miscommunication with the ceremony start time however, Marc chose to stay longer to accommodate!

Sent on 06/16/2012