Sweetwater Farms Reviews

19 | Houston, TX

19 Reviews for Sweetwater Farms

Tyra S. · Getting married on 06/01/2023

Top Quality and Stress Free Catering

Sweetwater catered our wedding in Houston over the weekend and I can't tell you how happy my husband and I are!

With any wedding vendor there is so much more to the process then just the "day of" service. Sweetwater went above and beyond every step of the way from our tasting with them over a year ago, to last Saturday night! Friendly, patient, professional and understanding. Which is something we did not get from any other caterer we spoke or tired to speak with.

As for the food our faves were:
    Crab cakes with caviar aioli
    Brisket fritters with smoked honey
    Pecan chicken with grilled peach jam

Entrees were amazing especially the grilled "cowboy" steak with bourbon butter.

Service was polished and friendly, we never were without something to eat or drink. Even in the car to the hotel there was bottled water, a box of goodies and two full meals for us to have later!

It's very obvious that this company cares about their customers and not surprising that they've been around for so long. So much more happened with them then just catering.

We love Sweetwater and so will you!

Sent on 02/03/2021

Pamela P. · Married on 03/14/2020

Sweetwater Farms is the Perfect Caterer

There are no words that could do justice to describe the EXCELLENT service Sweetwater Farms provided at our wedding. Luna was in charge of our wedding and she was always sincerely involved and caring. The food was delicious and the service was superb. I am not exaggerating when I say that every comment from the guests about my wedding included a praise to the food and the service. Thank you Luna for exceeding my expectations, I would choose you again if I had the opportunity.

Sharon P. · Married on 02/29/2020

They elevated my wedding!!!

Sweetwater Farms elevated our wedding as a "Welcome to Texas” culinary experience for our whole family!!! We were married at the end of August at my grandmothers Piney Point Village estate. Alice and the whole crew were detailed and responsive from the tasting through the wedding! We focused a lot of our budget on catering and Sweetwater delivered.
    We selected the farm table Southern antipasto for our cocktail hour (which Alice helped customize with cheese selections we wanted to include). It was beautiful and delicious. We then had three dinner stations: BBQ sliders, Build-your-own-Mac 'N Cheese, and Shrimp and Grits. Honestly, it was all incredible; we heard excellent feedback from guests on every station.
    Thankfully, Sweetwater made sure we were not one of those couples who didn't get to try their wedding food! The staff made us an appetizer plate to enjoy before greeting guests, and then full plates for us to enjoy at dinner.
    All in all, I can't recommend Sweetwater Farms enough! Hire them for your wedding and rest easy: it WILL be incredible!

Sara M. · Married on 02/08/2020

Excellent Catering

Excellent catering! From the initial planning & designing to the final event, Sweetwater Farms was professional, creative, and reliable. Hors d'oeuvres, small plates and entrees were excellent in presentation and included great variety of local flavors and foods. Service was timely and professional for a wedding reception of 140 people. I would highly recommend Sweetwater Farms!

Veronica H. · Married on 01/18/2020

Provided amazing service

Luna and her team were beyond incredible from beginning to end. We had them cater our rehearsal dinner and wedding both of which were absolutely delicious. I'm a vegetarian, my husband is a hunter, some of my family is kosher and a few of our friends are gluten free, so needless to say, we had a ton of dietary restrictions among the group for both events! Sweetwater Farms provided us with a ton of options to satisfy all preferences and even offered to customize the dishes we selected. Aside from Lunas AMAZING service (fast responses, detailed emails, super attentive), what really wowed us was something Sweetwater did on our wedding day. They heard from some of the servers at our rehearsal dinner that we had a few vegans in the group (my sister in law and her parents), which I hadn't included in our already lengthy dietary restrictions list as they weren't vegan at the time we booked. After this discovery, they showed up to our wedding with additional ingredients to prepare a truly beautiful vegan plate for them. If you want delectable food, one of a kind flavors and a memorable experience, go with Sweetwater! I just hope I have another event in the future that gives me the opportunity to work with them again!

Alyssa K. · Married on 01/08/2020

Sweetwater Will Be Your Best Wedding Vendor

We had an amazing experience with Sweetwater Farms they were by and far the most accommodating vendor to work with for our wedding. The professionalism and planning ahead was amazing. We always felt taken care of and they never seemed flustered, even when we were panicking. Day of was executed flawlessly they were always there right when we needed something. We were shocked to even find a special little box from Sweetwater in the limo of goodies, desserts and champagne that drove us away to our hotel. Amazing job and highly recommended!

Ryleigh E. · Married on 10/26/2019

Highly Recommend

Sweetwater Farms was absolutely amazing from start to finish. Alice was so helpful and accommodating to our needs and had excellent recommendations, as well. The food service went smoothly and all of the food was delicious! They also took the time to ensure myself and my husband were fed and taken care of throughout the whirlwind that is a wedding when you’re the bride and groom! I highly recommend Sweetwater Farms and especially, Alice. They’re awesome!!

Candace B. · Married on 09/28/2019

Top Notch Catering

Sweetwater Farms is a top notch catering company. They are professional, extremely helpful and produced high quality food for a very large wedding! Alice & Luna helped to make my dream wedding come to life. I would use them again in a heart beat!

Erin C. · Married on 08/04/2019

Flawless catering and service

We used Sweetwater Farms for our wedding, and everything was perfect! Luna was so easy to work with and incredibly responsive to any emails that we had. We tweaked the menu several times so that it was just right, and she didn’t mind working with us throughout the process. Her recommendations were spot on, and she has a wealth of knowledge that helped us plan the perfect menu. Sweetwater had a short window of time to setup the event due to regulations of the venue, and they pulled it off flawlessly! Our guests raved about the food taste and preparation. Their food tastes as amazing as it looks. Their servers were so friendly, and they didn’t miss a beat when serving our guests. With so many caterers to choose from in Houston, I would highly recommend and choose to use Sweetwater Farms again and again!

Sualy S. · Married on 06/29/2019

Much Thanks For A Job Well Done

We are extremely pleased with your exceptional service. The communication has been fantastic from the beginning, everyone in the company knew every detail of our wedding, which makes it so much easier. Your staff is not only extremely professional but also very friendly and easy to interact with. We received an overwhelming amount of positive feedback about the food from all our guests. Once again, thank you so much to all of Sweetwater Farms staff for your hard work. We are looking forward to more of your amazing food at future events.

Kerry H. · Married on 05/04/2019

A Fabulous Wedding Experience

We used Sweetwater Farms to cater and bar tend our wedding and it was completely amazing in every way. All the staff were extremely helpful and very professional. The planning and support before the event was top-notch. The food was some of the best we have had in Houston - A tall order given the city's rich offerings. We would absolutely consider using Sweetwater again to cater our future events!

Sent on 08/28/2020

Monica S. · Married on 03/30/2019

Sweetwater Farms - FANTASTIC!!!

FANTASTIC! Sweetwater Farms Catering is the best in Houston! They catered our wedding and we cannot say enough about them! The food was delicious, service was impeccable,  and Alice, Luna, Lance, Chef Jake, and all their staff were wonderful and friendly throughout the entire planning process. They made our wedding so special, memorable, and cared about making it all just perfect for us! Our guests loved the food, we loved the food, and I promise you will, too!

Lynette B. · Married on 12/15/2018

Sweetwater Farms - Superior service

Stop looking at other caters and book Sweetwater Farms! My husband and I did tastings at a couple of other places and not only did we think the food was far superior, the attention to detail from the Sweetwater Farms team, was amazing! I worked with Alice, who couldn’t have been nicer. She really cared about every thought we had regarding the menu and the presentation, which made it feel so personal for our guests! The amount of prep the team did prior to the big day made for flawless service during the reception. So many people came up to us tell us how much they loved the food- seriously people still talk about it to us. I cannot recommend Sweetwater Farms enough!!!

Lourdes D. · Married on 10/20/2018

Fit For A Foodie Wedding

After searching Houston for the perfect caterer for our wedding, our planner introduced us to Luna and the team at Sweetwater Farms Catering. It was a great pleasure to work with Luna and her team from tasting to the wedding day.

One of the things that my husband and I love to do together is cook. Being foodies, we really wanted to make sure that the quality of food that we served on our wedding day was something that we would serve to dinner guests at our home and also something we would want to eat.  The sweetwater team truly delivered with our menu from start to finish. My mother still talks to us about it being the best wedding food she has ever had! (She prides herself on being a wedding aficionado)

Every single guest received a perfectly cooked, medium-rare filet mignon and the presentation of all the food was impeccable. This was most definitely not an easy feat for 290 guests.

We were so impressed with the level of execution, customer service and presentation.

Thank you Luna and team for everything you did to make our wedding so perfect. We hope to work with you again in the future and will most definitely sing your praises to all those who will listen.

Best of luck to you and your future endeavors - although we're sure you don't need luck with food like yours!

Maya B. · Married on 05/20/2017

Sweetwater Farms exceeded our expectations

Sweetwater Farms Catering came highly recommended to us by our wedding planner and after reading all its 5 star reviews, we sent up a call with Alice, which could not have gone smoother. Then, on our wedding day, Sweetwater exceeded our expectations. The food was DELICIOUS, the staff was amazing. We planned the wedding from Austin and it couldn't have been easier working with Alice and Sweetwaters chef to develop a menu and plan for a wedding during covid. Sweetwaters staff took every precaution you would want a caterer to take, and by passing the food it made everyone feel safe. Vince thought of everything and came up with great ideas to cater easily at a private residence. If you are looking for a caterer in the Houston area, look no further - these reviews don't lie, folks.
    PS Alice - nice touch on making sure there was plenty of craft beer bottles at the bar, my central TX guests appreciated it :)

Stacy H. · Married on 02/11/2017

Great Food and Service

We had Sweetwater Farms cater our wedding and absolutely loved them. We had the pleasure of working with Luna who seriously went above and beyond for us in her planning and execution.

Excellent food and service were my two of my father-in-law's biggest desires for the wedding reception and we were so thrilled with both of those things from Sweetwater. So many of our guests raved about the food and service throughout the evening and we are still getting compliments! Can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 08/28/2020

Carol C. · Married on 02/11/2017

5 Stars across the board!!!!

5 stars all across the board!  Sweetwater Farms Catering provided such delicious food for my wedding reception and both Luna and Alice were amazing to work with along the way.  If you're looking for the best wedding catering in Houston, look no further than Sweetwater Farms.

Victoria C. · Married on 05/21/2016

A Big Thanks To Alice and Sweetwater Farms

Alice and the Sweetwater Farm team were a huge part of making our wedding an incredible, magical, memorable success in Houston. From day one, Alice was responsive, proactive, had wonderful suggestions, and worked within our budget. She listened to our ideas for the menu, gave wonderful suggestions that fit within our vision, incorporated the menu feedback we provided at the tasting and had the team make minor tweaks accordingly. We even had a dedicated server making sure we, the bride and groom, had everything we needed throughout the reception, from cocktails to hors d'oeuvres to cake and full plates of the amazing food at dinner.

All of our guests could not stop raving about how excellent Sweetwaters food quality, taste, and service was. We planned our own wedding so were very cognizant of costs, but we knew one area where we could not get away with "DIY"-ing was service. This was the biggest line item for our wedding budget but was absolutely, positively worth every penny. The lines were never long at the food stations or at the bars, service was seamless throughout the entire evening, and no detail was overlooked by Alice and her team.

We're incredibly impressed with how operations run at Sweetwater - in fact, I so enjoyed working with Alice that I referred her to my office for work-related events. I'm confident her team will bring the A game once again.

Thank you Sweetwater Farms and Alice for making our big day more perfect than we could ever have imagined. If you are looking for caterers look no further - Sweetwater Farms has been in the business so long for a reason!

Sweetwater Farms's reply:

Victoria,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure to be a part of your wedding and we wish you and Gregory all of the best!

Angela C. · Married on 06/16/2018

Amazing service and food

From scheduling the tasting to catering the wedding Sweetwater Farms provided superior service, beautiful presentation and amazing food!  Since the majority of the guests were from New England and KY, Fernando and his team provided the perfect menu which was exactly what we were looking for. We highly recommend Sweetwater Farms not only for their food but also for the great customer service!