142 Reviews for Sweets by E

Groom's Cake (4)
Fresh Fruit (3)
Nut Free (2)
Cake Pops (1)

Evan did an AMAZING job with our 4 tier delicious buttercream cake! We had 3 different kinds of cake (to include vanilla, berries, and chocolate) in our 4 tiers and everyone was raving the entire night (and days after!) The cake was not only stunning, but it was also absolutely delicious!! Highly recommend Sweets By E to any bride looking for a PERFECT cake! Thank you so much, Evan!!

Profile Picture Susie , 6/23/18, 14 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Fresh Fruit, Cakes, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Sweets by E, was fantastic. We met with Evan, and outlined what we had in mind. Evan was able to take our idea, and create exactly what we were looking for. We had a smaller two tier cake, and about 150 cupcakes of different flavors. When we arrived our cake table looked stunning, with our cake taking center-stage surrounded by E's confectionary works of art. Evan was incredible and we would highly recommend Sweets by E!

Profile Picture Kara, 4/26/18, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Sweets by E is awesome! Evan did an amazing job ) with our cake. The tasting was fun and she answered all their questions. We wanted something a little bit unconventional (a “peekaboo “ cake ) and she delivered big with the final product. Our cake was traditional on most of the outside and had everything the bride wanted, but we had a small portion of it that showed three Star Wars images, one on each of the three tiers. When we did the tasting we were surprised at our taste buds liking to the strawberry cake. You have to try the strawberry cake! The groom constructed a motorized Lazy Susan that would rotate the cake during the night to show the guests all sides of the cake. Evan worked with the venue to make sure that the cake was on the Lazy Susan and integrated seamlessly. It was definitely a highlight of our day! We would absolutely recommend sweets by E to any couple getting married.

Profile Picture benjamin, 4/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

We hired Sweets by E for my daughters wedding. Evan is very professional, friendly and talented. She made the most beautiful wedding cake for the reception. Not only was it beautiful, but so delicious too! All the guests enjoyed it and said how good it tasted. Anyone should be pleased to hire her for their bakery/cake needs!

Profile Picture Ann, 11/4/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Evan created the most beautiful and delicious cake for my wedding! For the cake tasting, she provided four samples of my choosing and my husband and mom were also able to attend. She took the time to look at my inspiration photos to make sure that the tiers, icing type, and floral placements matched my vision. We even were able to do a two-tiered cake with two different flavors! The wedding cake was flavorful and moist! Plus, Evan will be providing us with a fresh cake on our 1-year anniversary.

Thank you Evan for creating a gorgeous cake that was oh-so tasty!

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/4/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

We loved working with Evan for our wedding. She is super sweet and easy to work with! We were able to quickly schedule our tasting and she made our vision come to life. She was also super helpful in offering us other options to help cut costs, which was super nice. Our wedding guests loved the cake - we had opted for a red velvet (my favorite) and it was so delicious! We received a lot of compliments on the cake! We also had her put the cake topper and fresh flowers on top. I knew that she would know exactly how to place the flowers to really accentuate the cake. The cake looked so beautiful and amazing!

Profile Picture hillary, 10/7/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Delivery, Private Tastings

Evan did a wonderful job with our wedding cake, helping us define the image we had in our kind and convert it into a perfect cake at the wedding while working within our budget. The flavors were right on point, and it was a beautiful addition to our wedding. We'd recommend Evan to anyone looking for an elegant, delicious, and affordable option.

Profile Picture Kevin, 7/15/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

We had a fantastic, and delicious, time working with Evan and Sweets by E! Before the wedding, we had seen Evan's cakes on social media (@sweetsbye) and knew she did beautiful work! Evan was a pleasure to work with. She was knowledgeable about the cake size we would need to accommodate our guests and provided thoughtful recommendations to help us design our perfect cake. On the day of our wedding, Evan was onsite to deliver the cake and ensure everything was set up properly - and the cake, itself, was delicious! We received a number of compliments from our guests - who really loved our whimsical fun-fetti cake. We recommend Evan and Sweets by E with 100% confidence.

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/17/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes

Our cake experience, from sampling to final product, was fantastic! The cakes at Sweets by E are just wonderful! Our cake turned out to be both beautiful and yummy. Couldn't have asked for better.

Profile Picture mary, 5/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Fresh Fruit

If you want the best cake you'll ever have, let Evan make it!! She is amazing. We decided on chocolate with espresso cream filling. All of our guest were blown away how delicious it was! Evan is very professional and so nice to work with!

Profile Picture Claire, 5/28/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Hiring Evan to do our wedding cake(s) was one of the easiest/best decisions I made during our wedding process. She made the tasting fun and simple...just the way I like things! I told her what I had in mind and she brought it to life! My guests loved all the different cake flavors and the set up. Thank you Evan for being so wonderful to work with!

Profile Picture Lyndsey, 5/6/17, 12 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

I cannot recommend Sweets by E enough! They made the most DELICIOUS cupcakes for our wedding, on May 6th 2017! We decided to have cupcakes for our guests and a small two tier cake for ourselves and our wedding party. Im not even joking when I say you've never had a cupcake or cake like this, completely exceeded my expectations, delicious! And during the tasting she had many flavors and options available to suit your tastes, I favorite is fruity flavors so she had several combinations of lemon, raspberry, and strawberry icing and cupcakes, SO GOOD and perfect for our spring wedding. But she had lots of other options too. Also we requested a difficult cake, a red and black checkerboard interior cake (on my husbands request) and she made it happen no problem and it turned out great! Exceptional desserts, we absolutely loved the quality and service of Sweets by E!

Profile Picture Kelly, 5/6/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Private Tastings

Buy your cake from Sweets by E. We got a funfetti cake with a simple white frosting, decorated along the bottom with multi-colored hard candy. It looked great, and tasted even better. And it was a great value, especially compared to some of the higher end bakeries in DC. Again, the cake looked great, tasted better, and wasn't expensive. Go buy some cake.

Profile Picture Alex, 4/8/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Nut Free, Custom Design

A friend referred me to Evan, and I'm so grateful that she did! Evan made a us a small cake to cut for our wedding, and it was just perfect. Evan worked with us to find something that fit our style and budget, and made the entire process such a breeze -- we locked everything down in just a few emails. The cake looked beautiful and was absolutely delicious! I can't wait to have an excuse to order one of her cakes for other special occasions.

Profile Picture Kelly, 4/8/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes

I'm so glad we went with Evan and Sweets by E - our cake looked beautiful and tasted incredible. Evan was so easy to work with, from scheduling our tasting to delivery on the wedding day. 100% recommend getting your wedding cake from Sweets by E.

Profile Picture Robyn, 4/2/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Fresh Fruit, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

I was looking for a simple cake for a small wedding of 20-25 - though it ended up being 19! She was more than willing to work with me (where many other bakeries said they wouldn't make a cake that small!) Evan was timely getting back to me by email, phone, or text. My fiance and I had a hard time deciding on what flavor we wanted as they were all amazing! We settled on chocolate cake with coffee filling, it was TO-DIE-FOR. She was even kind enough to make my mother her own cupcake with a different type of frosting because of a soy allergy! The day we picked up the cake we accidentally dropped the cupcake on the way to the car and she was more than happy to re-piped the frosting for us - crisis averted! My cake looked exactly as I had described to her .. like a tree trunk with our initials carved into the side inside a heart. I would HIGHLY recommend her for your next event!

Profile Picture Tiffay, 3/31/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Nut Free, Consultations, Custom Design, Private Tastings

I loved working with Evan at Sweets by E. I had a very small wedding of less than 20 guests and Evan was still willing to help me with a cake for the reception. Not only was the cake extremely beautiful but the flavor was delicious and so light and fluffy! I highly recommend the almond cake with almond buttercream. It was a huge hit that everyone loved! In addition, I asked if Sweets by E could prepare a special grooms cake. Evan was able to make me the most stunning Guinness glass shaped fondant cake with Guinness chocolate cake and Bailey's cream icing! My groom was SO SURPRISED! It was such a fun addition to the reception and it was an amazing flavor! I cannot wait to order another cake from Sweets by E!

Profile Picture Erica, 3/30/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Groom's Cake, Custom Design

Highly recommend! I found Evan after a lot of googling and one not so good tasting elsewhere. Although our cake looked classic (four tiers of white striped buttercream with flowers provided by our florist), we opted for no-so-classic flavors. We did two tiers of pumpkin cake with cream cheese filling and two tiers of funfetti with vanilla buttercream. They were soooo good, and the guests raved about them! Plus, Evan will give you a free small cake on your anniversary, so there's no need to freeze the top tier!

Profile Picture Katie, 11/12/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

Highly recommend! Our cake was exactly as we had discussed - Evan was so friendly and accommodating, as well as responsive, and the cake itself was so yummy!

Profile Picture User5333850, 1+ year ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sweets by E did the cake for our September wedding and it was absolutely perfect! We wanted a small (two tier) and simple cake, and after some extensive research I found Evan's website. I loved her portfolio of simple, clean designs, and it was breeze setting up an appointment. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our tasting, as well as the variety of flavors she offered. We opted for one tier of dark chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and raspberry filling, and one tier of almond cake with strawberries and cream filling. We had buttercream frosting, and Evan worked with us to adapt a design from her portfolio that we loved for our smaller cake. She was very responsive, and answered all our questions about what the cake would physically look like (we didn't want a huge, imposing cake) and about whether the cake stand we purchased would work with our cake. Payment was easy and her prices were reasonable. On the day of the wedding, she was on time and coordinated easily with our florist to arrange flowers on the cake. She was in and out very quickly and our cake looked so beautiful. When we cut into it and had the first bite, it was delicious! We received many compliments on it, and folks who normally never eat cake told us that they definitely had ours :) I would recommend Sweets by E for any special occasion, and thanks again to Evan for helping make our wedding day both beautiful and tasty!

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/30/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was everything I hoped it would be. Evan was so easy to work with. We brought friends with us to our tasting and we all had such a good time. We just got home from our honeymoon and intend on eating some of the cake, and are even more excited for the anniversary cake!

Profile Picture Shara, 9/4/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Evan is incredibly talented, accommodating, and just wonderful to work with! She knows how to listen and take into consideration your style, budget and preferences to create something beautiful for your event. We've enjoyed her cakes twice -- tiramisu and carrot cakes for our wedding and chocolate almond cake for another event. All were delicious and beautiful!

Profile Picture Maria, 8/20/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We LOVE wedding cake. I am specifically a buttercream frosting snob. After having tastings with a few other cake vendors, we were not wow'd. Sweets by E was then recommended to us so we gave it a taste. The cake was perfect! Evan was extremely easy to work with and created a beautiful wedding cake for our wedding. We also felt the price for the quality was unbeatable. We can't wait to use her in the future for other sweets needs!

Profile Picture Robert, 7/23/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Evan was SO amazing to work with! She was so sweet and makes sensationally delicious cakes and cupcakes! She is a great value for the money spent and all her sweet treats were devoured.

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/29/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Evan was lovely to work with. She was willing to work within our budget to get us the most delicious cake that looked gorgeous and fed all of our wedding guests! Evan even worked with us to incorporate a handmade cake stand the week before our wedding. We got many compliments on the flavor of the cake. It seems the chocolate & peanut butter was a hit!

Profile Picture Kirsten, 5/28/16, 7 Reviews